• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
I only had enough junk for two ash piles. One was a crate (if anyone wants it I'll trade it for a pyro update weapon), and one was the new scout hat. I'd be happier about the hat except it's presumably extremely common, judging by the person who got 2-3 of them earlier in the thread. :p

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I only got two weapons out of the ashes (new rocket launcher and scattergun), but they're new-function weapons rather than reskins, so I'm okay.

I do need to clear out some of my crates though. Got older ones I'm still holding on to in case people wanted them, should probably find a way to start clearing them out...

Proven

I only had enough junk for two ash piles. One was a crate (if anyone wants it I'll trade it for a pyro update weapon), and one was the new scout hat. I'd be happier about the hat except it's presumably extremely common, judging by the person who got 2-3 of them earlier in the thread. :p

I still want that Scout hat. But I think I'm done opening crates. At this point I spend $10 on keys every six months for TF2, and then an extra $20 per year on little stuff like taunts and a backpack extender. This game is practically a subscription.

XBPPq.jpg
:mad:

Proven

Hey guys, come watch this!

Tomorrow there will be the ESEA TF2 LAN Finals in Dallas Texas. Here's the press release: http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=esports&d=comments&id=11345

The main thing to know is that it will be streamed, and while I won't be on all day, when I am I'll be in Steam Chat and the GAF mumble rooting for teams and dissecting their strategy. If you've ever wondered what competitive 6v6 TF2 is, or how the top players in North America play, come in and ask. One of my favorite Medics to watch is playing, Pyyyour.

so I have like 3000 hours in tf2 (2950 of them goldrush) and I am getting a bit tired of engie/medic/demomanning, I want to sniper more, but I don't know what the correct setup is, I dont use any sensitivty changes or anything, are there any tips for it?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
so I have like 3000 hours in tf2 (2950 of them goldrush) and I am getting a bit tired of engie/medic/demomanning, I want to sniper more, but I don't know what the correct setup is, I dont use any sensitivty changes or anything, are there any tips for it?

Huntsman, lowest sensitivity possible, in fact don't even move the mouse.

lower mouse sensitivity. Just use whatever setup. Vanilla Sniper, Jarate, Bushwacka is my setup and probably many others.

sixghost

Over the course of a few days I got about 10 of those random items in drops. Then they were incinerated. I found out I could craft 4 of them into something else, so I did that. I got 2 ash piles. Used them and got 2 crates that need me to buy keys to open them. Fuck off valve. Having to jump through all of these hoops over the course of a week just to be asked for a credit card is so wack.

I've found more weapons than crates in my ash piles.

thefro

I got 2 more burnt item drops last night playing. They might keep dropping until the 11th (or otherwise they have it so that someone who had 1 left over like me would eventually get a full set of 4).

Forkball

Repost for new page, I'm going to give it a few more hours before I craft it, so get your guesses in now.

I'm going to give away a hat, here's how you can win. I will craft a hat and give it away, but before I do, you have to GUESS which hat it will be. I'll be generous and give you five guesses, just post all your guesses in one post here. I'll craft it some time tomorrow night to give people time. Godspeed.

Also Hero Academy on Steam will have a TF2 team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vcCUDsMdpYc

Alienups

Also, I'm going to give away a hat, here's how you can win. I will craft a hat and give it away, but before I do, you have to GUESS which hat it will be. I'll be generous and give you five guesses, just post all your guesses in one post here. I'll craft it some time tomorrow night to give people time. Godspeed.

Hero's Hachimaki
Lucky Shot
Head Warmer
Waxy Wayfinder
Killer's Kabuto

Sianos

@Forkball

Business Casual
Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe
Kringle Collection
Hat With No Name
Baloonicorn

I BELIEVE

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Fork, you should have your own predictions for what the hat is. If you guess right, MVM update will come 6 weeks early.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, after fucking around with drivers for a long while, I fixed whatever shit had been fucking up tf2 for the last few weeks out of nowhere. I am a much happier player now.

Its an HP DV6 Quad. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 6770M.

From what I read, it also comes with Intel HD 3000 or something similar. Perhaps, the Radeon HD 6770m is not the default graphic display? Perhaps something in the CCC can help you with switching the graphics.

You may also try adding: -dxlevel 95
to the launch option of TF2 on Steam. This will set your graphics option to default, so change it to whatever you like. Note at the bottom where it shows what Direct X hardware you are running. You have to remove the -dxlevel 95 after you exit tf2.

Top Bottom