• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Forkball

Alright, so I crafted....

985B8DC859A2FDCC4E9AA8B5329C5615D909B915

No one guessed it, way to suck. I don't even like this hat either. I'll probably have another contest tomorrow for a hat, so stay tuned! I'll give you more guesses this time because not everyone has Nostradamus-like precognition like me.

Proven

My laptop can run DX9 but it's in DX8. You can check TF2's graphics options. It'll give you a DX hardware level (I assume it means what DX level your computer can handle) and then a DX software level, which is the one TF2 is currently running on.

From what I read, it also comes with Intel HD 3000 or something similar. Perhaps, the Radeon HD 6770m is not the default graphic display? Perhaps something in the CCC can help you with switching the graphics.

You may also try adding: -dxlevel 95
to the launch option of TF2 on Steam. This will set your graphics option to default, so change it to whatever you like. Note at the bottom where it shows what Direct X hardware you are running. You have to remove the -dxlevel 95 after you exit tf2.

I know I'm using the 6770m and not the Intel card.

Ha, I have a HP dv7 and the only way I can run TF2 without overheating and having a shit framerate is by using Chris' Maxframes config. Shit sucks bro. I can't wait to get a desktop.

I'm using High FPS, instead of Minecraft mode. Maybe thats it.

And same here. I want a desktop so bad.

72.26.196.45:27015

There's a decent number of people on the Smash Brothers server right now. I find this game fascinating, because you can play classes like the soldier and demoman on many maps that don't have death areas on the ceiling or sides and have a really hard time killing people. The trajectories on weapons are way too important on those maps, and you're better off mindlessly running around with a bat as a scout because it launches people straight instead of launching people up.

Clydefrog

No one guessed it, way to suck. I don't even like this hat either. I'll probably have another contest tomorrow for a hat, so stay tuned! I'll give you more guesses this time because not everyone has Nostradamus-like precognition like me.

I hate you Forkball

Sianos

Sd_Doomsday is pretty much Space Hightower.

- It's fun to run around deathmatching at the shuttle area.
- Cool DEATH PITS to push people in.
- Mini sentries ruin everything.
- There's a cool lift for stopping capping that kills you in the end.
- It takes a while to win (because everyone is too busy HAVING FUN).
- After a month no one will play the objectie and it will be neato.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
New launcher is fun, starting to get an idea of how to play it. I thought it would be more long range and spammy but it's more like using corners like a pryo does. There's a rhythm to the reloading which I'm pretty sure is going to eventually drive me mad. Remember that I Love Lucy episode where little Ricky learns to play the drum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=issMsCGqnBw

It's like that.

One... two... three... release.

Saved a reply of that 3 or 4 kill single barrage on Gullywash, but you'll never guess: it's corrupt.

Oreoleo

New launcher is fun, starting to get an idea of how to play it. I thought it would be more long range and spammy but it's more like using corners like a pryo does. There's a rhythm to the reloading which I'm pretty sure is going to eventually drive me mad. Remember that I Love Lucy episode where little Ricky learns to play the drum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=issMsCGqnBw

"I only wanted 2 eggs, dear." LOLOLOL

God damn. I Love Lucy was so, so good.

Forkball

Perfect.

Also since we were talking about it on the server...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeys_in_space

The first ever monkey astronaut was Albert, a Rhesus Monkey, who on June 11, 1948 rode to over 63 km (39 mi) on a V2 rocket. Albert died of suffocation during the flight.
Poopy Joe looks like that type of monkey, although his fate was a bit quicker.

Goliath, a squirrel monkey, died in the explosion of his Atlas rocket on November 10, 1961.

Damn, a lot of monkeys died going to space.

DogWelder

No scrim set up for this weekend, but perhaps we can lobby a bit. Standin's an interesting map and definitely requires proper coordination and the right strategy.

Can somebody tell me how to connect to the NeoGAF server?

I've forgotten how to manually connect to a server. :(

EDIT: thanks, I'll try to join you guys tomorrow.

I like that hat.

Top Bottom