• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
Does the new sniper SMG give crits if you get a normal rifle kill? I'm assuming not, and you have to get the kill itself with the SMG. I'm not sure if I can give up jarate for that, though.

Proven

When I got kills tonight, both as pyro (with a brain slug) and engineer (with Simon Smith), they never got assists.

The Balloonicorn is special in that way. It's the only misc. that gives assists like that. I think I can risk you borrowing mine.

Noricart

Oh my god that Hightower game.
Yeef, your server-side tricks caused me to kill myself!
I also loved how the cart got rushed after my suicide.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Cow Mangler = best weapon. Also Yeef I could use some direct Hits to craft the new launcher. I have infinity metal or whatever you want.

Forkball

The alien swarm hat and pyro slug can also give assists.

Also, I'm going to give away a hat, here's how you can win. I will craft a hat and give it away, but before I do, you have to GUESS which hat it will be. I'll be generous and give you five guesses, just post all your guesses in one post here. I'll craft it some time tomorrow night to give people time. Godspeed.

Also, this bulletin board was in the secret room in Doomsday as well.

2012-06-28_00010.jpg

I'll be generous and give you five guesses, just post all your guesses in one post here. I'll craft it some time tomorrow night to give people time. Godspeed.
Texas Half Pants
Teufort Tooth Kickers
Science Idea Tube
Qonqistador
point and shoot

I'm feeling lucky

Prussian Pickelhaube
Vintage Tyrolean
Otolaryngologist's mirror
Physician's procedure mask
Gentleman's Gatsby
Berliner's Bucket Helm
Blighted Beak
German Gonzila
Geisha Boy
Doctor's Sack
Ol' Snaggletooth
Sultan's Ceremonial

I got angry that Alien stopped me from killing sixghost when he tried to taunt kill me after the teleportation. But he's not a hacker. Just really good at airblasting like sixghost.

Alienups

My airblasting is terrible on the jank thanks to the lag, meh. I'm far from the bes at it, but i can do way better with a nice ping.

Anyway, i'm liking the new sniper rifle. Feels good.

And yeah i got two taunt kills, saved a replay. I'll make sure to include the part where it took us about 4 tries before we managed to high five

Oreoleo

You know when people are mad when they start accusing me of using an aimbot

jezus fucking christ

I got banned from a Day of Defeat server once upon a time because the admin thought I was using an aimbot because my hit percentage was above 90%

I wear that shit like a badge of honor.

Maddocks

turned on DX9 to checkout pyrovision.....took all but 5 minutes for me to say screw this and turned back on DX8.

I like the look of the goggles but disliked having a smaller screen because the sides are all funky. so Ill keep the vision item on without the rainbow colors.

finally got my robot chicken hat....only issue i had with it was that everyone kept asking how i got it.

Yeef

Added all of the new stuff to the stat tracking pages. Also made the awards. I'll make the ribbons and images tomorrow.

So since the update, I found this modded server:

72.26.196.45:27015

It's an Intoxgaming server running Super Smash Brothers mod. The maps are all a bunch of floating blocks with death above and below, and you don't take traditional health reduction damage. Instead, it's like SSB: you have a % damage counter that increases whenever you get hit and the higher it is, the more KB you suffer. It's remarkably fun (though frustrating when people employ certain cheesy tactics) and it has refreshed my interest in TF2 far more than anything in this update.

There might be other servers with it out there, but the browser is borked for me now, so I can't find others. I know there is a Slag server that randomizes gamemodes and occasionally goes to it. If anybody finds a populated server running it, I would like to know of it.

So I have found more fun after the release of this update playing on a modded server that I found:

It's an Intoxgaming server running a Super Smash Brothers mod. The maps are all a bunch of floating blocks with death above and below, and you don't take traditional health reduction damage. Instead, it's like SSB: you have a % damage counter that increases whenever you get hit and the higher it is, the more KB you suffer. It's remarkably fun (though frustrating when people employ certain cheesy tactics) and it has refreshed my interest in TF2 far more than anything in this update.
:eek:

I will have to try this soon!

EDIT: what a surprise, Engineers make it not fun. Mini-sentry wrangler. Assholes. Interesting idea, though. Would definitely be more fun with more players, seeing as how the map is so big.

So since the update, I found this modded server:

It's an Intoxgaming server running Super Smash Brothers mod. The maps are all a bunch of floating blocks with death above and below, and you don't take traditional health reduction damage. Instead, it's like SSB: you have a % damage counter that increases whenever you get hit and the higher it is, the more KB you suffer. It's remarkably fun (though frustrating when people employ certain cheesy tactics) and it has refreshed my interest in TF2 far more than anything in this update.

There might be other servers with it out there, but the browser is borked for me now, so I can't find others. I know there is a Slag server that randomizes gamemodes and occasionally goes to it. If anybody finds a populated server running it, I would like to know of it.

Joining the server right now. That sounds real fun.

Edit: Empty atm

As far as GAF maps go, Chasm is pretty good.

[EDIT] Also:

• I need to borrow the pyroland weapons from someone so I can figure out what their weapon codes are, so I can add them to the stat tracking.
  • If anyone needs any of the new weapons (except the carbine or the trash shot), I have tons of them. I have another account full of crafting stuff, but I'm too lazy to make more.

:O

could i get one of thoughs pretty boy's pocket pistols and a baby face blaster please?

Borgnine

XBPPq.jpg

Also BUG REPORT: the Fan'O'War is using the Force-A-Nature's icon, and the Force-A-Nature is using some weirdo icon, maybe one that you made.

Over the course of a few days I got about 10 of those random items in drops. Then they were incinerated. I found out I could craft 4 of them into something else, so I did that. I got 2 ash piles. Used them and got 2 crates that need me to buy keys to open them. Fuck off valve. Having to jump through all of these hoops over the course of a week just to be asked for a credit card is so wack.

Borgnine

Over the course of a few days I got about 10 of those random items in drops. Then they were incinerated. I found out I could craft 4 of them into something else, so I did that. I got 2 ash piles. Used them and got 2 crates that need me to buy keys to open them. Fuck off valve. Having to jump through all of these hoops over the course of a week just to be asked for a credit card is so wack.

You can get items from the ash piles in addition to crates.

Yeef

image.php

Covered in ash.

Oreoleo

I was super annoyed about it but then it got me to buy some keys the next day so they must be doing something right.

Top Bottom