• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just realized I can't edit replays because of a nasty bug that's been in the game for MONTHS and Valve STILL hasn't fixed it!

Sianos

LG 5-4, Wins Warmfront.

Epic push all the way from second by LG, Mix^ is team wiped, B4nny traps Plat in spawn, Clockwork goes huge and destroys on last.

Blizzard

Banned
You would still have to open the top, which requires riding the platform up. It's a neat trick, but having one team open the top and not putting it in seconds afterwards probably isn't going to happen so often.
Fortunately we all already got the achievement because no one knew you needed to do that. Most of the time I was like man, why do we have to wait at the top of this platform for so long, this is giving the other team time to stop us, etc.! But now that the word is out, that achievement will probably become rare or something. :p

You would still have to open the top, which requires riding the platform up. It's a neat trick, but having one team open the top and not putting it in seconds afterwards probably isn't going to happen so often.

So you're saying once that top has been open; anyone can put it in.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I didn't even know how that map worked until watching that video just now, and I've played it 2 or 3 times. I thought you were just supposed to put down as many mini sentries as possible.

Sianos

If it's not intentional, that map needs to have a score limit of 5 or 6 before changing. I can't even imagine how you could defend that.

You have to actually open up the lid first, which requires one team to ride up the lift. The area around the lift is pretty wide open, making it easy to airshot the person jumping for it. They glow through walls, so it's pretty easy to tell where they are and shut them down before they get that far.

You have to actually open up the lid first, which requires one team to ride up the lift. The area around the lift is pretty wide open, making it easy to airshot the person jumping for it. They glow through walls, so it's pretty easy to tell where they are and shut them down before they get that far.

Yeah its a great map for scout.

sixghost

How far up does the lift need to go before the hatch opens?

Alienups

Doomsday rounds tend to last way shorter on the 32 fast respawn player server i play them on compared to the ones on the jank

Figured it would be the opposite.

Fox318

Doomsday rounds tend to last way shorter on the 32 fast respawn player server i play them on compared to the ones on the jank

Figured it would be the opposite.

I've found 32 servers to be longer.

There are few maps where 32 players works well.

24 is the sweet spot.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Played 2-3 hours worth of Doomsday yesterday, most of it as Demoman. Not surprisingly, Demoman can absolutely dominate that map, though Snipers are very effective as well.

Some of the rounds I played (24-person server) lasted for minutes, but a few of them must have been 20-30 minutes each.

Overall, once you get the hang of it, it's not bad.

Alienups

I'm in a game where a heavy is using that speed name change whatever hack that someone posted a vid of last night

fucking hell

Sianos

How to deal with hackers:

Step 1: Open the console.
Step 2: Type "status".
Step 3: Record and report their steam id.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Finished following the tutorial vids on the Source Filmmaker website. This program is amazing. <3

http://youtu.be/qvKA15DRLF8

Still figuring out render settings and SFM keeps crashing when I select 1080p, so yeah... Wonder what I should try to animate next, maybe something involving a Rocket Jump fail (which I am prone to in actual games, haha)?

Yeef

Woobiekritz saves the match on Gorge! \o/

Finished following the tutorial vids on the Source Filmmaker website. This program is amazing. <3

http://youtu.be/qvKA15DRLF8

Still figuring out render settings and SFM keeps crashing when I select 1080p, so yeah... Wonder what I should try to animate next, maybe something involving a Rocket Jump fail (which I am prone to in actual games, haha)?
I am so jealous.

Top Bottom