• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pangloss. And pretty much what I wrote up there that's not capping.

Seriously? You listened to Pangloss over Dougie?
Instead of the usual insult, I'll just cut this to, don't listen to people who don't play scout AND listen to people who know how to play if you're asking for scout advice.

So NOW you're asking what that do...

I was pretty sure DougWelder told you what to do the last time you guys had a match.

edit: Here's some advice. Don't take advice from Blizzard. DAMMIT Blizzard...too fast for me.

Who said the opposite? And what was said?

Seriously? You listened to Pangloss over Dougie?
Instead of the usual insult, I'll just cut this to, don't listen to people who don't play scout AND listen to people who know how to play if you're asking for scout advice.

In these three posts Kuro does not mention any advice on how to play scout on standin. All he says is don't listen to this guy or that one. Where's the beef?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
In these three posts Kuro does not mention any advice on how to play scout on standin. All he says is don't listen to this guy or that one. Where's the beef?

The beef is with bad players giving bad advice. Doug Welder already GAVE him advice, you want me to repeat it again here?

I also gave you the benefit of the doubt and wanted to hear what Losewood had to say BEFORE jumping in again.

edit: additionally, I've been plenty of advice. Ask Cloudius or ExMachina. You go through the post history as well. Try again, lipgloss.

The beef is with bad players giving bad advice. Doug Welder already GAVE him advice, you want me to repeat it again here?

I also gave you the benefit of the doubt and wanted to hear what Losewood had to say BEFORE jumping in again.

edit: additionally, I've been plenty of advice. Ask Cloudius or ExMachina. You go through the post history as well. Try again, lipgloss.

I love you Kuro, and I agree with listen to Doug. Guy knows his stuff, but he doesn't main scout and isn't the pentacle of knowledge that Kuro is.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Anybody want to trade 1 of my Scorched Keys for 2 Normal Keys?

And a Scout Pistol for the new Rocket Launcher?

I also have 2 extra S. Rainblower, 2 extra S. Lollichop.

1 Extra S. Sticky Launcher
1 Extra S. Scotman's Skullcutter.
1 Extra Business Casual
1 Extra Captain's Cocktails
1 Extra Helmet Without a Home
1 Extra Scout Fedora
1 Extra Gentleman's Ushanka
2 Extra Idea Tube.

All of that for trade.

And if someone has a BBB for trade, that would be nice. I'm looking for one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I love you Kuro, and I agree with listen to Doug. Guy knows his stuff, but he doesn't main scout and isn't the pentacle of knowledge that Kuro is.

I'm not sure exactly Pangloss love entails....frankly, I'm scared of it.

Doug doesn't main scout but neither do you. He's aware of what the rest of the team SHOULD be doing, and as he was one of three captains, you guys should be listening to the captains.

DogWelder

Cap the points Steve. Stay alive as much as possible. Run away from fights if you have to. Flank when the opportunity presents. You are going to be one of only three people with 2 capping power and you're the squishiest. So we need you alive as much as possible.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Cap the points Steve. Stay alive as much as possible. Run away from fights if you have to. Flank when the opportunity presents. You are going to be one of only three people with 2 capping power and you're the squishiest. So we need you alive as much as possible.

LOL

There you go. Best advice. STAY ALIVE!

Where HAVE you been, and why do people keep asking where you are?
I've been busy getting sucked back into the vortex that is Pokemon Black and getting people mad with my sub-par skills in GAF Highlander.
I'm considering eating the shit out of you tonight, but I may stick with a turkey burger instead.
Can't go wrong either way, broski.

2yNmU.png

I'll shoot all the guys.

Forkball

PATCH

Teddy Roosebelt can now get assists in Pyrovision
Fixed Pyrovision sometimes activating in killcams for more than just weapons and cosmetics
Fixed exploit where the Scorch Shot could fire its short range kill pellet at the very beginning of the taunt
Fixed blood getting sprayed on the world in some cases in Low Violence and Pyrovision
Fixed decapitations creating head gibs in Low Violence and Pyrovision
Fixed Hitman’s Heatmaker headshot not properly getting counted on the scoreboard
Fixed tracers being fired for other weapons (SMGs) while in focus
Fixed Sydney Sleeper’s bonus not properly protecting against Decapitating Headshots
Added team color to rainbow-showered players in Pyrovision
Updated localization files

Blizzard

Banned
It's weird they called out the Sydney Sleeper and not the whole sniper set.

*edit* Is there any SourceTV info yet?

*edit2* Apparently their team can't get it up.

*edit3* SourceTV is up. You can connect by opening the dev console with the ` or ~ key and typing "connect 96.44.143.28:27020", then pressing enter. Or you should be able to enter all of those numbers as a server in favorites, if you don't want to use the dev console. Then just delete the server from your favorites when you are finished.

Blizzard

Banned
nice job guys

Blizzard declared the game lost when it was 1-2, for the record
I'm sorry if I said that -- I might have said a particular match or point was lost, but I don't remember saying anything about the whole game. :/

Congratulations to the winners.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with something. Whenever I join the Gaf server, or any number of trade servers, my game freezes and crashes within 5 minutes.

However, on No Heroes servers, or even the new game mode servers, it NEVER crashes. What am I doing wrong? I would rather play with the Gaf community. :D

Yeef

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with something. Whenever I join the Gaf server, or any number of trade servers, my game freezes and crashes within 5 minutes.

However, on No Heroes servers, or even the new game mode servers, it NEVER crashes. What am I doing wrong? I would rather play with the Gaf community. :D
Are you using any custom models or other client mods?

Maddocks

cant play in a gaf server. I tried a few times and I get owned so badly. I consider myself a good player but damn it brings my self esteem down so much.

Blizzard

Banned
The highlander team is now ranked #27 out of like 130 pending what other teams score...I'm afraid that means canalzone will be against a Super Pro team. =X

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm sorry if I said that -- I might have said a particular match or point was lost, but I don't remember saying anything about the whole game. :/
Stop being a downer. All you need is one good push together and you can wipe out 7 guys and lose 2.
cant play in a gaf server. I tried a few times and I get owned so badly. I consider myself a good player but damn it brings my self esteem down so much.
Don't over extend. People are decent on the server if they aren't messing around, and even when they are.
Lot to learn from.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
provide some examples of what you mean. Spies? Scouts? Snipers?

Not sure what Neroh is referring to. GAF isn't exactly filled with the greatest of players...so I'm not sure where else you're doing well. Unless it's Valve servers? :p

Wow, Soda Popper Scout is fucking awesome. I think I've found a new class to play as.

Just keep playing. You will learn a lot. Plus, these guys are awesome to play with.

Top Bottom