• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Bluth54

We need WarmFront on the server and it needs to be played in the upcoming highlander.

Is there really that many differences from Coldfront besides replacing the snow theme with the forest theme to justify putting Warmfront on the server?

And who knows, maybe it already is on the server? It seems like we have just about every custom map ever made on the server.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Is there really that many differences from Coldfront besides replacing the snow theme with the forest theme to justify putting Warmfront on the server?

And who knows, maybe it already is on the server? It seems like we have just about every custom map ever made on the server.

The left entrance to second point is smoother. That's about it.

Blizzard

Banned
Woobie is the best medic period.
He's like the only person who will ever heal me. Java is too busy needle-gunning, Kirsten is too busy healing good players, and Oreo is too busy playing heavy.

And that just makes me feel all the worse when I get him killed. It's like a little puppy with a medic gun followed me and died. :(

Finished following the tutorial vids on the Source Filmmaker website. This program is amazing. <3

http://youtu.be/qvKA15DRLF8

Still figuring out render settings and SFM keeps crashing when I select 1080p, so yeah... Wonder what I should try to animate next, maybe something involving a Rocket Jump fail (which I am prone to in actual games, haha)?
Psh, good start, but have you created a version of Meet the Heavy with a slight modification and something out-of-place added to it? Only then will you truly be a Jedi.

Woobie is the best medic period.

tumblr_m6ekseRYoP1qhct9s.gif

Forkball

I finally got the Beggar's Bazooka yesterday. It's not as versatile as the regular rocket launcher, but it seems to excel if you are holed up defending a point (like the last point on Gorge).

I just need the scorch shot, new sniper rifle, and rainblower to complete my collection.

I finally got the Beggar's Bazooka yesterday. It's not as versatile as the regular rocket launcher, but it seems to excel if you are holed up defending a point (like the last point on Gorge).

I just need the scorch shot, new sniper rifle, and rainblower to complete my collection.

i got a extra scorch shot you can have

tkscz

Played 2-3 hours worth of Doomsday yesterday, most of it as Demoman. Not surprisingly, Demoman can absolutely dominate that map, though Snipers are very effective as well.

Some of the rounds I played (24-person server) lasted for minutes, but a few of them must have been 20-30 minutes each.

Overall, once you get the hang of it, it's not bad.

I keep being told the Spies are no good on that map, but I do pretty well as a spy there (back stabbed 2 heavies and a medic off the lift).

Proven

1. Warmfront has two major difference. First, the right side of the second point, where there's usually an upper level with crates before a drop down leading to outside, becomes raised to be at level with the platform holding the crates. I forgot if it was for demo loadouts or to give the defenders at second a height advantage that included the health pack. Approaching from outside they inserted a hill to keep everything linked. Second thing changed, last point. Coldfront has glass surrounding the last point, but it made it extra hard to defend (or was it that Coldfront doesn't have glass, and it made it too easy to defend...?). Whichever it is, it's flipped for the other. These differences were mostly done for 6s play, meaning that Coldfront is fine for what we need it for. The only other advantage Warmfront has is that ditching the snow theme means it has overall better visibility and performance.

2. It's UGC, not UCG.

3. The map for this week is called cp_standin. thefro already posted a Heinsight, and yesterday there was also a Moose Track. It's most irritating feature is the fact that there's no overtime; if you're trying to cap back one of two points your opponent holds, and they finish capping the third, you just lose the round. Also, your respawn time is improved the more points you hold.

4. Next week's map is already giving me a headache just thinking about it...

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Got an extra rainblower if you got any extra new weapons.

I finally 'got' TF2. Damn the achievement/drop system is very addicting.. :/
Almost got the 500 Pyro kills achievement after two days of playing.

Is Doomsday a new game mode? I don't have that in my list.

Technically, I wish there was a way to save replays without needing to render them.. :( Similar to how Bungie did it with Halo 3 and Marathon.

Blizzard

Banned

Technically, I wish there was a way to save replays without needing to render them.. :( Similar to how Bungie did it with Halo 3 and Marathon.
Doomsday is a new map, I believe. You should be able to find servers running in the server browser, but I don't know the exact map name. And you don't have to worry about patches, since when you launch TF2 it will force you to update if you need an update.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I keep being told the Spies are no good on that map, but I do pretty well as a spy there (back stabbed 2 heavies and a medic off the lift).

I've seen cloaked Spies hide on the lift, then backstab the flag carrier right at the top, several carriers in a row. Anyone saying Spy isn't effective on that map hasn't played that map.

XeroSauce

I've seen cloaked Spies hide on the lift, then backstab the flag carrier right at the top, several carriers in a row. Anyone saying Spy isn't effective on that map hasn't played that map.

Spies are ridiculous on that map, because there's so much space on the flag side of the map that only a few people walk into.

It's the same thing as Badwater, so much open space after the second cap that Spies can just have a field day with the spawns.

Welcome to the family.

Is anyone willing to trade me a Name/Description Tag? I want to rename my Bird-Man of Aberdeen "Jacques." All I can offer in return are weapons and hats, as it cost me most of my metal just to buy the Bird-Man itself •~•

Smilax

Is anyone willing to trade me a Name/Description Tag? I want to rename my Bird-Man of Aberdeen "Jacques." All I can offer in return are weapons and hats, as it cost me most of my metal just to buy the Bird-Man itself •~•

If I ever come across one, I'll send it your way. Still have to wait for the item drop server to reset.

1. When is the UGC thing tonight again?

2. Is crit a cola banned? Not planning on using it, but it had a big change in that patch and was just wondering if they banned it just in case.

3. On this map I've already talked to some people about it and I was figuring I'd just open it here. What should a scout do? I can use my double capping power to just help lock shit down faster, or I can roam hallways and scout ahead looking for other members of the team and calling them. I can't do both though. I've had strong opinions on what I should do both ways so I'm torn :(

Blizzard

Banned

2. Is crit a cola banned? Not planning on using it, but it had a big change in that patch and was just wondering if they banned it just in case.

3. On this map I've already talked to some people about it and I was figuring I'd just open it here. What should a scout do? I can use my double capping power to just help lock shit down faster, or I can roam hallways and scout ahead looking for other members of the team and calling them. I can't do both though. I've had strong opinions on what I should do both ways so I'm torn :(
3. Whichever one you choose, we armchair strategists in SourceTV will soundly criticize your decision, so it doesn't really matter. ;p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

So NOW you're asking what that do...

I was pretty sure DougWelder told you what to do the last time you guys had a match.

edit: Here's some advice. Don't take advice from Blizzard. DAMMIT Blizzard...too fast for me.

thefro

The existing items that weren't banned before the update are allowed, even though they got rebalanced. The new items are all banned.

http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h.cfm

Many questions have been raised as to the usability of the new and newly balanced items in play this season.

The new weapons and items with attributes released with the Pyromania update will NOT be allowed in gameplay and are not on the whitelist. This includes:

Baby Face's Blaster
Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
Hitman's Heatmaker
Cleaner's Carbine
Beggar's Bazooka
Scorch Shot
Rainblower
Lollichop
Balloonicorn
Pyrovision Goggles
Infernal Orchestrina
Burning Bongos

Existing items given new attributes WILL be allowed. These items include:

Escape Plan
Equalizer
Gloves of Running Urgently
Tomislav
Quick-Fix
Crusader's Crossbow
Cozy Camper
Rocket Jumper
Sticky Jumper
Concheror
Crit-a-Cola
Atomic Bonk!
Flamethrower
Backburner
Degreaser

Once again, make sure that you have the new whitelist.

So NOW you're asking what that do...

I was pretty sure DougWelder told you what to do the last time you guys had a match.

edit: Here's some advice. Don't take advice from Blizzard. DAMMIT Blizzard...too fast for me.
He did. And someone else said the opposite! I'm opening it up here to see what others say!

Also thanks fallen and fro.

Top Bottom