• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yeef

cant play in a gaf server. I tried a few times and I get owned so badly. I consider myself a good player but damn it brings my self esteem down so much.
Nonsense.

If [Boney/SteveWinwood/Zeke/Soka/Forkball] can play fine, I'm sure you can hold your own.

(Choose the persona of your liking).

Maddocks

I play pyro mostly. now of days I can probably hold my own. because I own thel reddit scrubs all day everyday, but back in the day when I was just getting back into the game I went to gaf server and got so badly owned I stopped playing the game for a week.

the ownage is really what made me sign up for gaf because I didn't want to get owned anymore, I wanted to learn how to play.

Thank you, GAF. Because of the two games I played with you tonight, I have reaffirmed my sense of worth as a Scout.

New Scout weapons are so borked. I love them.

Yeef

I play pyro mostly. now of days I can probably hold my own. because I own thel reddit scrubs all day everyday, but back in the day when I was just getting back into the game I went to gaf server and got so badly owned I stopped playing the game for a week.

the ownage is really what made me sign up for gaf because I didn't want to get owned anymore, I wanted to learn how to play.
Most people on GAF don't know how to play, though?*

By play, I mean actually go for the objective. They're generally pretty good at killing people though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXAifxCwcbs

Sianos

When I first started playing GAF I would get absolutely destroyed. But over the past year of playing with you sexy fellows I'd like to say I'm a force to be reckoned with.

The only way to improve is to practice with people better than you. You'll learn much less just rolling Valve servers.

On the subject of Highlander, I think I did pretty well. Capped what needed to be capped, held them off at key points, and got the three medpicks which were required of me. :U

Fox318

sQv1Ch.jpg

Whoa, that's bigger than I thought it'd be! It's so cute D:

EDIT: It's $30? HMMM.

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Well, it's cheaper than I thought it'd be, too.

Sort of want.

I've been watching this post progress and I'm pretty sure this is basically the thought process that runs through my head every time there's a Steam sale OR every time I get a crate and start considering buying a key.

Bluth54

Whoa, that's bigger than I thought it'd be! It's so cute D:

EDIT: It's $30? HMMM.

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Well, it's cheaper than I thought it'd be, too.

Sort of want.

You also get in ingame genuine Balloonicorn if you buy the real one.

Also I'm glad I'm not considered one of the bad players on the server. Sorry Soka and SteveWinwood.

DogWelder

So I believe everyone on the team has been in two matches each, except for wartime and Zeke. There are four weeks left, so if everything goes as planned y'all will get two more games unless you can't make a week or something.

Week 5 roster is based on DMing and team balance:

Scout: Snacks
Soldier: fallengorn
Pyro: sixghost
Demoman: wartime
Heavy: Blizzard
Engineer: Proven
Medic: Oreo
Sniper: Accidante
Spy: Matt

Map is dom_canalzone.

You also get in ingame genuine Balloonicorn if you buy the real one.
:O

That's kind of awesome.

if I rationalize this... really, I'd only be spending $12 on an amazingly cute inflatable piece of crap that I'll never use. Doesn't the in-game Ballonicorn cost $18 or so?

Wait.

Maybe I'm actually spending $18 and getting an inflatable toy for free.

What to think...

Forkball

That thing's huge. Where would people even put it?

Also props to meta, jack, and BY2K for helping me finish my weapon collection. The new sniper rifle is a blast to use, though I do miss super body shots.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Who?

EDIT: Btw, I can get a Strange Sapper, but I STILL CAN'T GET THE DAMN BAZOOKA! What's up with that!?

That thing's huge. Where would people even put it?

Also props to meta, jack, and BY2K for helping me finish my weapon collection. The new sniper rifle is a blast to use, though I do miss super body shots.

But that makes the headshots/decapitation kills so much more rewarding.

BY2K

Membero Americo
My Strange Machina (that also had a Headshot Kill counter on it, which is why I also got a key for it.)

cant play in a gaf server. I tried a few times and I get owned so badly. I consider myself a good player but damn it brings my self esteem down so much.
Just keep playing. You will learn a lot by playing with them. I was terrible when I first started, but now I'm pretty decent. I can hold my own against GAF players, and can roll most PUB servers.

So I believe everyone on the team has been in two matches each, except for wartime and Zeke. There are four weeks left, so if everything goes as planned y'all will get two more games unless you can't make a week or something.

Aw, bummer!...

Map is dom_canalzone.

...lol never mind, have fun Dante! To hell with AnalZone.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Most on GAF don't spy check,go for objective, and don't protect medics.

If you're a Pyro and minimum keep the other spy freaked out or raging; I would say you're doing your job.

I assume you air blast to put out teammates. Other than that, be sure to switch up to your shotgun regularly and don't overextended.

If you're about pure DM...pick another class...

big ass balloonicorn
lol wow that thing is big.
I ,like a few others, was really on the fence but I dont even know what id do with that.
Fill it up with helium and anchor on front lawn?
Good idea for attracting kids I guess, and creeping out the neighbors.....more

Blizzard

Banned

Map is dom_canalzone.
I'm so disappointed you didn't wait to the last minute to tell us anything like you promised.

That said, I'll be there barring unforeseen disaster. I'll try to practice canalzone a time or two, though I don't know what game type dom_ is.

*edit* Now I want calzones! Someone make me some! :(

Proven

Map is dom_canalzone.

We're already halfway through the season? Cool.

FYI, the team you guys lost to in barn blitz lost last night, so that puts you guys on an even field.

Interesting. They probably didn't play the map much, or they played against one of the top ten teams and those guys are really good.

Yeah, they got rolled.

Proven, any calzone walkthroughs I can watch/listen to at work?

I will make you guys a hand drawn map so you can find your way around. Don't worry.

There should be a canalzone walkthrough up from Moose or Hein in the next 48 hours. Barring that, I might consider doing my own with Kirsten.

Every post makes it so much harder to resist...

Proven

The hard part of canalzone when I first got lost on it is the fact that all the buildings are extremely different. Some have the control point on a second level, others have them tucked away around a corner, and the routes between them aren't very interesting. I'd probably like the map more if there was more openness and easy to spot routes. Or, at the very least, if these maps weren't only in spawn but also along the pathways and at every single control point.

Anyway, very early you can see that there are two main routes to push, either across the bridge to the center fountain or along the canal. We can split up into pairs to cap each of the first four points, while sending Snacks to harass one of the other team's rooms. Then we can ball up and 4/4 split along each route.

Or we're all going to run around and kill people in a random cluster fuck. That could happen too.

Canalzone is great.

Have fun guys. Really try to practice on it as much as possible. The map gets better for each little shortcut and pathway you find. The scout, soldier and demo should have a blast as the more mobile you are the more fun you'll have.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That map is hardly hand drawn.

Which points act as forward spawns after cap? Or do all of them do that?

I can probably lobby/scrim on Friday and Sunday if someone sets something up.

Kirsten

That map is hardly hand drawn.

Which points act as forward spawns after cap? Or do all of them do that?

I can probably lobby/scrim on Friday and Sunday if someone sets something up.

I can't find my crayons. When I do you'll get your map.

There are two forward spawns for each team. I am so totally confused by the whole thing. I am glad I am not playing next week (Haha Oreo).

Top Bottom