• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

Wasn't there going to be some way to rebalance obviously stacked teams this time?

Oh well, I got a market garden kill. All that really mattered.

AcciDante

14C6F102957498FF4EBB98BF82AE84881D9F5371

GGs tonight! Even Hightower was somewhat tolerable.

Did they mess up something in the latest patches? Map changing is taking waaaaaaay longer than it use to. I've also had my idler running for hours and haven't got a thing.

Blizzard

Banned
GGs tonight! Even Hightower was somewhat tolerable.

Did they mess up something in the latest patches? Map changing is taking waaaaaaay longer than it use to. I've also had my idler running for hours and haven't got a thing.
The first time I got on the GAF server tonight, it took like 5-10 minutes to connect and load, and I thought I kept checking it, yet I still got autokicked for being idle since I missed like the one minute after I connected. And then I had to wait to autojoin!

And then it was hightower so I had to complain for like 35 minutes (for a single round?) until it ended. At least I got a heavy wrestler mask drop out of the deal.

Sianos

Late night steamrolling with the GAF crew was pretty neato, <3 Javaman.

I delved into the evil arts of Ninjaneering and hilariously held Blue for eight minutes at the last point after a roll with a sentry on top of the house near Badwater last. Ate a 2am sandvich while just m1ing the sentry. I feel dirty now. :U

Blizzard

Banned
The recording edits came out different from what I edited so I don't know what the fuck is up with that. Anyway, here's my excellent Hightower taunt kills from today. The best useless Scout teammate you'll ever see.

Part I
Part II
Part III
I was confused the first few times I saw you standing apparently afk in the tower, but I got a domination so I didn't care too much. I think I finally killed you halfway through the taunt animation so I figured out what you were doing, though. :p

Forkball

So I bought Red Orchestra 2 for $5 during the Steam sale, and I somehow got the genuine versions of the promo hats. I guess the deal never expired?

I was confused the first few times I saw you standing apparently afk in the tower, but I got a domination so I didn't care too much. I think I finally killed you halfway through the taunt animation so I figured out what you were doing, though. :p
I always fire a couple rockets at him til I realize what he is doing up there. Feel like a douche for shooting rockets at him then.

Bluth54

Anyone been reading the major update speculation thread on Facepunch? Looks like we're getting another major update very soon
months from now Valve time

Sianos

Apparently according to Facepunch sources pl_badlands is rumored to be a new map along with koth_soho. Perhaps for a map pack tomorrow.

Sianos

Can't you all use your bear powers to switch the map to something else? :U

I enjoy dicking around on Hightower, but we do play it too much.

Can't you all use your bear powers to switch the map to something else? :U

I enjoy dicking around on Hightower, but we do play it too much.
Admins can change it but if people voted for it... I ain't gonna change it. It's unfair to the people who wanted it. If you think your choices suck, it's either the 2004 election or your fault for not nominating something.

Yeef

Re: Highlander imbalance (and map selection): How would you guys feel about a system where you (anonymously) vote for maps and rate other players and that factors into team balancing and which maps we play? It'll be a decent amount of work, so I'd rather not do it until I know if people are for it. [Addendum] Assuming such a system was put in place, would you rather have a general rating per player or a rating per player per class? i.e. Would you rather vote Quote a 1 or vote quote as medic a 1 and quote as demo a 2.

Re: Hightower - How would you guys feel about changing it to a single round and setting it to be limited to being played once every X hours?

Re: Bears - Bears are great.

Blizzard

Banned
Re: Highlander imbalance (and map selection): How would you guys feel about a system where you (anonymously) vote for maps and rate other players and that factors into team balancing and which maps we play? It'll be a decent amount of work, so I'd rather not do it until I know if people are for it. [Addendum] Assuming such a system was put in place, would you rather have a general rating per player or a rating per player per class? i.e. Would you rather vote Quote a 1 or vote quote as medic a 1 and quote as demo a 2.

Re: Hightower - How would you guys feel about changing it to a single round and setting it to be limited to being played once every X hours?

Re: Bears - Bears are great.
I'm against voting for players, since the fewer popup voting things the better. Also everyone would rate me 1 but IT'S NOT LIKE I CARE.

Regarding Hightower, a single round would be great, OR a time limit that forces it to end. The other night was, if I recall correctly, 30-40 minutes with a single round, so it's not like a single round will fix it. If teams are unbalanced, both rounds in hightower can go really quick, on the other hand.

I don't think playing it every X hours will help either, unless X is say, 48 hours. Because if the server is busy only at 9 EST, and people only vote for hightower at 9 EST, it's going to always be available even if it had an 8-hour cooldown.

What I have always campaigned for is some genius to edit the map and add the option that makes the carts move themselves once a certain amount of time has elapsed. Of course, this would still presumably result in a tie because of the two places where the carts roll/fall back, but one team might jump on the cart to prevent a tie.

Top Bottom