• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Switters

Sorry I missed you fellas. I'll be on tonight after work between 6:00 - 8:00 pm.

I'll be in the cratehouse smoking them craterocks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've got two Cow Mangler 5000s if anyone needs em before I craft em away. I'll take a scrap or two weaps for each.

TheBez

http://www.tf2b.com/?id=76561197995779955
Pages 1, 2, and 3 are available!
Normal Weapons are 1 scrap (Exludes Original which is 2 scrap and Widowmaker which is 2 scrap)
Vintages are 1.5 scrap
Buy 2 get 1 free!!!!!!!!!!
Original

Hats!
Private Eye 2 ref
Prince Tavish's Crown 2 ref
Jumper's Jeepcap 2 ref, 2 rec
Vintage Merryweather 2 ref
Backbiter's Billycock 1 ref, 1 rec

Misc!
Prairie Heel Biters 1 ref, 1 rec
Sign of the Wolf's School #2326 4 ref

Stranges!
Stickybomb Launcher 2 ref
Sydney Sleeper 2 rec
Sandman 1 rec
Syringe Gun 2 rec
Bonesaw 2 rec
Scattergun 1 ref, 1 rec
Crusader's Crossbow 2 rec, 1 scrap

Add me on Steam and feel free to send offers :)

TheBez said:
Normal Weapons are 1 scrap (Exludes Original which is 2 scrap and Widowmaker which is 2 scrap)
Vintages are 1.5 scrap
Original

Hats!
Private Eye 2 ref

Misc!

Stranges!
Sydney Sleeper 2 rec
Sandman 1 rec
Syringe Gun 2 rec
Bonesaw 2 rec
Scattergun 1 ref, 1 rec

I'm interested in your Private Eye.

Wish I had enough metal to buy all your hats!

Switters

To the man that just traded me 36 crates. Thank you.

Out of the first 10 crates I unpacked 2 hats, Private Eye and Ye old baker boy.

I also uncrated salmon and purple paints.

The private eye is available for trade since I already have one. I'll take any other hat if I don't already have it.

Cheers!

Switters said:
To the man that just traded me 36 crates. Thank you.

Out of the first 10 crates I unpacked 2 hats, Private Eye and Ye old baker boy.

I also uncrated salmon and purple paints.

The private eye is available for trade since I already have one. I'll take any other hat if I don't already have it.

Cheers!
10 crates. $25 dollars.

For 2 hats worth about $3 combined, a couple of $0.50 paints and I assume some weapons valued between $0.11-$0.33.

I'd love for you to step back and look at that. With that same $25.00 you could have purchased 10-15 of your favorite hats and every weapon you want but don't have.

/perspective

If you already have all the normal stuff you want and just want to gamble money away in pursuit of an amazing Unusual, enjoy yourself. But if you're doing it to get normal items, stop right fucking now.

Switters

Dreams-Visions said:
10 crates. $25 dollars.

For 2 hats worth about $3 combined, a couple of $0.50 paints and I assume some weapons valued between $0.11-$0.33.

I'd love for you to step back and look at that. With that same $25.00 you could have purchased 10-15 of your favorite hats and every weapon you want but don't have.

/perspective

If you already have all the normal stuff you want and just want to gamble money away in pursuit of an amazing Unusual, enjoy yourself. But if you're doing it to get normal items, stop right fucking now.

This is all very obvious, math lion. I also like giving stuff I uncrate away to F2P. I also really want an unusal. And it was 8 crates, not 10 because I am not a good math hat.

And fuck yeah, I'll take them hat lights off your head/hands, Wendel.

Well after getting some rather dumb bad luck, I've come into the possession of 4 uncraftable Ellis' caps...

If anyone wants them, let me know...I doubt it though.

Switters said:
This is all very obvious, math lion. I also like giving stuff I uncrate away to F2P. I also really want an unusal. And it was 8 crates, not 10 because I am not a good math hat.
you could BUY an unusual for $25. lol.

but carry on.

Bakphoon

I got a sight for sore eyes, and it is level 69, how does such a level affect the price?

Because i know that some people like #69 crafts.

Switters

Dreams-Visions said:
you could BUY an unusual for $25. lol.

but carry on.

Really? Where and who from? I thought they were worth thousands of dollars. I don't enjoy saving money as much as I enjoy spending it, but I will take your snarls into consideration, frugal lion.

TGMIII

Switters said:
Really? Where and who from? I thought they were worth thousands of dollars. I don't enjoy saving money as much as I enjoy spending it, but I will take your snarls into consideration, frugal lion.

sourceop is where you can go to buy them, they can go from anywhere to 25$ to 500$ depending on the hat and effect.

webrunner

Sir? Lady? Can I trouble you for a moment?

You're going to want to step right up and get a peice of this action!

http://www.tf2items.com/id/webrunner

Do you want a brand new Copper's Hard Top and have a dusty old Tough Guy's Toque you're willing to part with? Then we can make a deal!

Do you have any sort of interesting item you want to trade for a Postal Pummeler? We can make a deal!. Trade in your old duplicate stuff to get a genuine lightly used uprooted postbox that deals extra damage to foes that are on fire! Just like a real post box!

Do you have any need of crates, new and old, and only have spare weapons, the pocket change of the TF2verse? We can make a deal!! Seriously, I'm practically giving these things away! Prices are insane-ane-ane! two crates for a weapon? five for a scrap? This is madness! No, this is savings!

Hit me up, my steam username is webrunner42! I hope to see you there!

awwyeahgurrl said:
sourceop is where you can go to buy them, they can go from anywhere to 25$ to 500$ depending on the hat and effect.
actually as low as $20. You'd be surprised how much people seem to want to get rid of flies Mongolians.

Switters

Dreams-Visions said:
actually as low as $20. You'd be surprised how much people seem to want to get rid of flies Mongolians.

I should have specified that I want a cool unusual... I haven't spent anywhere near what some of those hats are worth, $40 in keys thus far. I'll stop at a solid $100 most likely and hope I get really lucky. Thanks for all the advice.

I am a cautionary tale in the making. For instance: I traded my buds for a tomislav and an axetinguisher not knowing what they were worth. Lol?

I asked before, but I seem to remember keys being on sale in the recent past. Does anyone know when this occurs?

Also, a crafted nanobalaclava is up for grabs for any hat I don't already have one of.

Switters said:
I should have specified that I want a cool unusual... I haven't spent anywhere near what some of those hats are worth, $40 in keys thus far. I'll stop at a solid $100 most likely and hope I get really lucky. Thanks for all the advice.
Well "cool" all depends on what you like. Some people think confetti is cool. Some people think Flames are cool. Decide on a class you want to target, then an effect. Some are more expensive than others, unfortunately. Stopping the gambling at $100 is cool. Just be aware that each time you pull the slot machine arm, you are afforded only a 1% chance of success. Your chances for success don't rise the more crates you open.

Also keep in mind: with $60 (the difference between what you've spent to date and what your $100 target), you could buy 3 buds and trade them for a pretty nice unusual or buy a nice Unusual outright. Or, you could hold onto those 3 buds and continue to stack metal/keys/buds until you have 6 buds worth and get a really nice unusual.

You know, I've chatted with people on some of these trade servers...and the people that have the really good unusuals pretty much do TF2 as a day job. They've opened thousands of dollars worth of crates. I've talked to others who have opened 300 crates and still have yet to find their first unusual. That's a helluva investment for such a low probability of success.

Of course, there are also some that found an unusual in their first 10 crates. That is the gamble of course. And as long as your expectations and perspective are correct, I've no problem with people taking the gamble. Who knows...you could end up with an $800 hat, allowing you to trade down to all the nice unusuals you'd like to have.

Switters said:
I am a cautionary tale in the making. For instance: I traded my buds for a tomislav and an axetinguisher not knowing what they were worth. Lol?
I hate when people take advantage of people. I wouldn't have done that under any circumstances. It's just wrong. But yea...lessons learned.

Switters said:
I asked before, but I seem to remember keys being on sale in the recent past. Does anyone know when this occurs?
I don't believe keys ever go on sale. Certainly not anymore with the F2P move.

If you'd like cheaper keys, I'd direct you to sourceop.com. Buy from a trusted seller there for $2.00 or less/key. That's $0.50 off the Steam price and they're INSTANTLY trade-able. Always a good thing, as many people prefer keys to metal or other items.

Looking to get rid of all my crates. My Steam ID is egallager if you want them.

Edit: Just traded them all to CubanLegend for items I didn't have yet. Thanks CubanLegend!

TheBez said:
Vintages are 1.5 scrap
Original

Hats!
Private Eye 2 ref

Misc!

Stranges!
Sydney Sleeper 2 rec
Sandman 1 rec
Syringe Gun 2 rec
Bonesaw 2 rec
Scattergun 1 ref, 1 rec

Thanks for the trade! TheBez was very quick, honest, and just overall very nice.

1up

cooljeanius said:
Looking to get rid of all my crates. My Steam ID is egallager if you want them.

I'll take your crates, I'm home until 3pm EST and then work until 12:30am EST.

I'm looking for a Strange Minigun and Strange Sniper and/or Sydnee Sleeper.

I have:

Cow Mangler 5000
Strange Pistol
Strange Ambassador
Strange Eyelander
Strange Boston Basher
The Machina
Rogue's Col Roule
Prairie Heel Biters
Copper's Hard Top
Tam O' Shanter

And various spare weapons/vintage weapons.

Bakphoon

I'll post again:

I have a Lv75 Sight for sore eyes to trade. (I want to keep my Lv.69 ones)

And i would like a Fancy dress uniform for it.
I'm sure we can work something out.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gruulmaster

Edit:

don't need the crates anymore :) The guy who got them from me uncrated a unusual burning stout shako from it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anilusion said:
I'll take one. Steam id - Anilusion

Not home now though
Can't find you.

Add me and message me here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/enzo_gt

I also have a Loch'n'Load, Big Earner, and Overdose I'll sell for a scrap if anyone wants those. As well as Dark Salmon Injustice, Peculiarly Drab Tincture and Muskelmannbraun if anyone wants also for one scrap each.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Have the following up for trade -

Crates
#21, #23 (x5), #24 (x4), #25 (x2), #27(x2), #28

Normal Weapons - for 1 scrap each
pages 1 and 2 of my backpack

Strange Weapons
Strange Shotgun - 1 refined
Strange Flare Gun - 2 reclaimed
Strange Crusader's Crossbow - 2 reclaimed

Looking for Strange Medigun, Strange Rocket Launcher, or metal.

My backpack: http://www.tf2b.com/?id=exmakina

TheBez

I'm looking to get Rock of Ages. I have Left 4 Dead, Portal, Killing Floor, and Sanctum. I also figured I could sweeten the deal with some TF2 goodies so that's why I am posting here :)

Top Bottom