• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Trading |OT|

Firehead

Thagomizer said:
Can I reserve that series #2? I have to go to work right now, but can I get it when I get back?
Apologies, I kinda just gave it away :(

Firehead said:
I also have a bunch of crates that are taking up space. Anyone need 53 45 crates? :D http://www.tf2outpost.com/backpack/3398 And if you happen to have any weapons I don't have, I'd love 'em! Will pay with whatever metal I have in my bag...
So, I have 45 crates left...

Bakphoon

So i got this:

sA2lz.jpg

But I don't know how to trade it. Unusuals are a serious business :/

On TF2Unusual it is listed at 80 (i guess this is $) so i guess its slighlty over 3 buds worth, am I right?

Clydefrog

Bakphoon said:
So i got this:

But I don't know how to trade it. Unusuals are a serious business :/

On TF2Unusual it is listed at 80 (i guess this is $) so i guess its slighlty over 3 buds worth, am I right?

neat!!!

can you look up my unusual for me? it's a bloke's bucket hat (sniper) with the stormy storm effect.

Clydefrog said:
neat!!!

can you look up my unusual for me? it's a bloke's bucket hat (sniper) with the stormy storm effect.
Well it doesn't really work like that. Since there are none for sale (or that have been sold), the price is purely a function of what you and a buyer are willing to agree on. Then it becomes something of a barometer.

The Bloke's is similar in popularity to the Larkin/Sola Topi among hats (low tier hat) with a high-tier effect. Based on the sales of those hats, I'd say that ~$130-$180 is a realistic range for yours.

Or, roughly 6-7 buds in promos or that equivalent in Unusuals. Now, people tend to ask for a slight overpay if trading in Unusuals, but it's really up to what you as the seller wants to do. If you really wanted to sell it, I think it wouldn't be too difficult at that 7 buds price if you remain patient about it. It's a good looking hat with that effect on it. Better than most. Hell, maybe you can talk someone into more.

Clydefrog

Dreams-Visions said:
Well it doesn't really work like that. Since there are none for sale (or that have been sold), the price is purely a function of what you and a buyer are willing to agree on. Then it becomes something of a barometer.

The Bloke's is similar in popularity to the Larkin/Sola Topi among hats (low tier hat) with a high-tier effect. Based on the sales of those hats, I'd say that ~$130-$180 is a realistic range for yours.

Or, roughly 6-7 buds in promos or that equivalent in Unusuals. Now, people tend to ask for a slight overpay if trading in Unusuals, but it's really up to what you as the seller wants to do. If you really wanted to sell it, I think it wouldn't be too difficult at that 7 buds price if you remain patient about it. It's a good looking hat with that effect on it. Better than most. Hell, maybe you can talk someone into more.

($-$)

thanks!

Acerac

Banned
Clivefrog wants my crates? I'll unload them on you as revenge for making crafting metal annoying for me!

*Goes to craft an item*

Oh that's a gift.

*Goes to craft another item*

Fucking Clivefrog!

*Edit*

Clivefrog why do you have 15 Jarates?

Selling a conscientious objector if anyone is interested. I'm looking for ~2.66 refined but I'll accept a key or any interesting hats.

Also have a Scottish Handshake for two reclaimed.

Clydefrog

Acerac said:
Clivefrog wants my crates? I'll unload them on you as revenge for making crafting metal annoying for me!

*Goes to craft an item*

Oh that's a gift.

*Goes to craft another item*

Fucking Clivefrog!

*Edit*

Clivefrog why do you have 15 Jarates?

PDlBR.gif

Strange Fists - 1 Ref
Strange Crusader's Crossbow - 1 Rec and 1 Scrap

1 Scrap Each:

Ali Baba's Wee Booties
Crit-A-Cola
Crusader's Crossbow
Frontier Justice
L'Etranger
The Big Earner
The Blutsauger
The Boston Basher
The Concheror
The Family Business
The Holy Mackerel
The Postal Pummeler
The Powerjack
The Quick-Fix
The Razorback
The Reserve Shooter
The Righteous Bison
The Shahanshah
The Splendid Screen
The Ullapool Caber
The Warrior's Spirit
The Widowmaker
Tomsilav

Heavy's Sandvich's Pre-Winter Sale

Everything must go

UPDATED LIST

Scout

Batter’s Helm (2 reclaimed)

Soldier

Soldier’s Stash (2 reclaimed)
Tyrant’s Helm (2 reclaimed)
Honcho’s Headgear (2 refined)
Stout Shako (1 refined)
Killer’s Kabuto (1 refined)
Genuine Stahlhelm (2 refined)

Pyro

Vintage Pyro’s Beanie (2 refined)
Respectless Rubber Glove (1 refined)
Prancer’s Pride (1 refined)

Demo

Glengarry Bonnet (2 reclaimed)
Genuine Samur-eye (3 refined)

Heavy

Vintage Tough Guy’s Toque (1.66 refined)
Football Helmet (1 refined)
The Big Chief (2 reclaimed)
Magnificient Mongolian (1 refined)
Dealer’s Vision (2 scrap)
Copper’s Hard Top (1 refined)
Genuine Dread Knot (!.66 refined)

Medic

Prussian Pickelhaube (2 reclaimed)
Genuine Geisha Boy (2 refined)

Sniper

Genuine Machina (1.33 refined)

Professional Panama (1 refined)
Desert Marauder (2 refined)

Spy

The Big Kill (2 Bills)
The Genuine Diamondback (2 reclaimed)
Genuine Nanobalaclava (2 refined)

All Classes

Genuine Killer Exclusive (2 refined each)
Towering Pillar of Hats (2 refined)
Resurrection Associate Pin (1.66 refined)

Edit: I might have to bundle a few things.

XeroSauce

DJ Crimson said:
Strange Fists - 1 Ref
Strange Crusader's Crossbow - 1 Rec and 1 Scrap

1 Scrap Each:

Ali Baba's Wee Booties
Crit-A-Cola
Crusader's Crossbow
Frontier Justice
L'Etranger
The Big Earner
The Blutsauger
The Boston Basher
The Concheror
The Family Business
The Holy Mackerel
The Postal Pummeler
The Powerjack
The Quick-Fix
The Razorback
The Reserve Shooter
The Righteous Bison
The Shahanshah
The Splendid Screen
The Ullapool Caber
The Warrior's Spirit
The Widowmaker
Tomsilav

I'll buy both for Ref + rec?
Steam link in GAF profile.

Zomba13

So I traded my Green Energy Sober Stuntman for a Scorching (green flame) Madame Dixie for my Pyro. Was getting a bit tired of the Brigade helm and I like the fire and how it trails. Also kinda like the hat. Might've been a bad trade on my end (got the Stuntman for 3.5 buds (my max head)) due to how everyone seems to hate dixies but I don't mind.

Trying to turn my Brigade helm into a demo or something hat now. Had an offer of a scorching Carouser's Capotain for it and my ear bud. Tempted to take it but I'm not much of a fan of that hat.

XeroSauce said:
Should be around 2 refined.
Nope. It is 1.33, the only S. weapons over 2 ref are Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Sticky Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Kritz, Gunslinger, Machina and Degreaser. All the others have dropped.

XeroSauce

So some guy is offering $90-100 worth of games off Steam for a Max's Head. Given that Max's have dropped down considerably, should I go for it?

XeroSauce

Sgt.Pepper said:
Nope. It is 1.33, the only S. weapons over 2 ref are Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Sticky Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Kritz, Gunslinger, Machina and Degreaser. All the others have dropped.

Wow. I guess the guys in that trade server were overpricing a lot.

XeroSauce

Zomba13 said:
So I traded my Green Energy Sober Stuntman for a Scorching (green flame) Madame Dixie for my Pyro. Was getting a bit tired of the Brigade helm and I like the fire and how it trails. Also kinda like the hat. Might've been a bad trade on my end (got the Stuntman for 3.5 buds (my max head)) due to how everyone seems to hate dixies but I don't mind.

Trying to turn my Brigade helm into a demo or something hat now. Had an offer of a scorching Carouser's Capotain for it and my ear bud. Tempted to take it but I'm not much of a fan of that hat.

I would suggest against it, Capotain is one of the harder hats to retrade because it's a very unpopular Demo hat.

Tenck

XeroSauce said:
So some guy is offering $90-100 worth of games off Steam for a Max's Head. Given that Max's have dropped down considerably, should I go for it?

I was going to give Heavy's Sandvich $110 worth of games for his cute bunny hat, but I have run into a huge problem with the bank :/

XeroSauce said:
dropped down? i saw some guy fire sell a couple at about 80USD a few weeks ago on SOP, lol.

XeroSauce

Cuban Legend said:
dropped down? i saw some guy fire sell a couple at about 80USD a few weeks ago on SOP, lol.

I am out of it today.

I saw about a week ago a trade where it went for $65 so I assumed it was still pretty low. You think this is a good deal anyways? I'm not particularly attached to the Max's.

Just got a Crest for half price.

Feels good, man.

Also, Max hasn't dropped in price. I think people were speculating or something. I see them going for 3.5 or 4 buds regularly...and considering the price increase of buds to $27-$30/per, Max is still coming in over $90 on average.

If someone is offering $100 in games...just make sure they're the games you want and do it.

XeroSauce said:
I am out of it today.

I saw about a week ago a trade where it went for $65 so I assumed it was still pretty low. You think this is a good deal anyways? I'm not particularly attached to the Max's.
don't mistake the actions of the desperate for the "new price".

Max will still get you 3.5 buds, minimum. and those 3.5 buds can be sold for cash instantly.

XeroSauce

Dreams-Visions said:
Just got a Crest for half price.

Feels good, man.

Also, Max hasn't dropped in price. I think people were speculating or something. I see them going for 3.5 or 4 buds regularly...and considering the price increase of buds to $27-$30/per, Max is still coming in over $90 on average.

If someone is offering $100 in games...just make sure they're the games you want and do it.

don't mistake the actions of the desperate for the "new price".

Max will still get you 3.5 buds, minimum. and those 3.5 buds can be sold for cash instantly.

Witcher 2 and Ass Creed Revelations: two games I've wanted forever but haven't had the funds for.
Now you are all up in my head making me second-guess myself. I'll decide when the guy comes on, I guess.

EDIT: Also, how are you on that 3 key offer for the Dress + Desert?

XeroSauce said:
Witcher 2 and Ass Creed Revelations: two games I've wanted forever but haven't had the funds for.
Now you are all up in my head making me second-guess myself. I'll decide when the guy comes on, I guess.

oh snap, those 2 are long gone. lol. I traded the Dress for #40 Wiff of Brimstone and the Marauder + Defiant Spartan for #48 Stereoscopic Shades.

did pretty well.

As for the games, those are good games. It really just depends on how much effort you want to put into the process. If you wanted to sell it for 3.5 buds, you could. But then you'd have to wait for someone to snag it...and then you'd have to sell the buds. They'd go fast @say...$25/per and you'd be left with around $90, give or take (assuming you sell the .5). Would that be enough to pay for those 2 games? And how much do you value the time I'd take you to make all those transactions? It could take days to happen and hours of effort...for maybe only a few dollars.

TLDR: I'd go for the games if they're still being sold near full retail price unless you're willing to wait on a sale.

XeroSauce said:

If I were you, I would wait for a big sale and get has many games as possible. Witcher 2 will definitely get a discount on Christmas for sure.

Zomba13

XeroSauce said:
I would suggest against it, Capotain is one of the harder hats to retrade because it's a very unpopular Demo hat.
Yeah, I decided against it. Got an offer of a Purple Energy Stuntman for my Brigade though so I took that.

Deadbeat

Banned
Thagomizer said:
I must be the only person who actually likes that hat : /
When the hat first came out it looked like a pile of shit. The recent updated model makes it look a bit better though. Still not the hottest item on the block.

Chavelo

Hiya,

trading 4 keys for an European steam copy of the GTA complete pack (8 US dollars). Would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks!

So i am going to sell that blizzard samur-eye for 250$ as it is the highest offer I have gotten and its been up for a few days. Using a trusted steamrep middleman so we will see how she goes.

all done nice and smooth

Bakphoon

Just wondering, what is a Green energy Blighted Beak exactly worth? I'm getting some fun offers for it already (Like Burning flames festivizer or sunbeams Buckaroos). Would it be possible to get a unusual Team Captain for the Beak?

He're is a picture of it:

http://i.imgur.com/sBKeJ.jpg

Edit: I just want to know if got a good trade or if I got ripped off :/ (I gave Max' + Green Energy Bombing run for it)

Edit 2:After looking it up on TF2Unusual its apparently worth $160 ( there is a buyer for that price), Not that bad :3

Chavelo said:
Hiya,

trading 4 keys for an European steam copy of the GTA complete pack (8 US dollars). Would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks!

I could help you out, at work at the minute. Could do it later tonight when I get back.

Top Bottom