• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Thread: No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How can I remove/extract/cut all files from a folder within multiple sub folders? For example if I have 20 files in 20 different sub folders, is there a way to remove all the files from the folders without going into each one separately? Windows 10.

rtcn63

How can I remove/extract/cut all files from a folder within multiple sub folders? For example if I have 20 files in 20 different sub folders, is there a way to remove all the files from the folders without going into each one separately? Windows 10.

Are they all the same file type? If they're like .mp4, and you can do a search for it from the main folder, than just cut and paste the results. (On Win7 at least)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are they all the same file type? If they're like .mp4, and you can do a search for it from the main folder, than just cut and paste the results. (On Win7 at least)

This is what I used to do on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 it doesn't find any files when using filename*

RGM79

No, what I mean is, can I replace the hardware inside of it, or would new components be incompatible with the board?
Every electronic component inside is obsolete and unsupported by current tech.

You might be able to reuse the case though. It'll depend on whether it has the proper mounting points.

Could use some help. Lately I've been getting an intermittent critical stop sound with no error message or anything. The event viewer doesn't show any errors around the time I last heard it, a few minutes ago. Using Windows 7 Professional.

Yukiari

Hello, got an odd one from the roomie. She is part of the MS ambassador program thing and she got a email 'from the program' to open a file and copy and paste the code inside back into the email then reply back. Then to log onto her account and go to the preview ambassador program. The file she opened was a .json file and it opened in FF as an XML displaying random numbers and letters.

She's already changed her passwords and what not. Can anyone explain what type of information a .json file can get? The virus scanner isn't showing anything, neither is malware bytes. Did it just pull her MS account information or did she just expose her whole pc?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
GUYS it is urgent.

so my girlfriends GTX670 died and she bought a new one. Geforce GTX960 Strix OC Edition.

today it arrived, I switched the cards and...nothing. I see the gigabyte screen with the commands how to enter the uefi/bios and nothing happens except after a few minutes the screen turns black. Can't even access the uefi/bios.

my girlfriend and I have the same MB with the same uefi/bios version windows on a SSD and so on. so I switched my graphic card against her new one...everything works flawlessly. I even tried to run the FFXIV benchmark, the GTX960 worked perfect.

tried dvi and hdmi, unplugged everything except the keyboard, tried different cables but the new card gets enough electricity.
I'm all out of ideas.

GA-Z77-DS3H
Geforce GTX960 Strix OC Edition
i5 3550

EDIT so...because I felt like it I updated the bios on my girlfriends computer..and now the card is working. I have no idea why it did work on my pc..I mean we had both the same bios version.

but hey, it works lol

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't a problem of sorts, but something I'd like to get sorted nonetheless. I have a BenQ GL2450 monitor which works well for most of the things I do. Not so much for World of Warcraft however. With a heavily outdated graphics card (ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 256MB) I'm forced to run the game at extremely low settings in 320x240 (upsampled from 640x480). Performance then is tolerable, but due to clarity I often have a hard time in raids (or other scenes with many things going on); this is due to the interpolation method (some linear method I believe, likely bilinear). What I want is to use nearest neighbour interpolation, but I have found no way to change to this. Is this even possible with the hardware I have?

I run Windows 7, and I have access to the AMD Vision Engine Control Center. I've also looked through the registry in Windows, but found nothing of interest there.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
GUYS it is urgent.

so my girlfriends GTX670 died and she bought a new one. Geforce GTX960 Strix OC Edition.

today it arrived, I switched the cards and...nothing. I see the gigabyte screen with the commands how to enter the uefi/bios and nothing happens except after a few minutes the screen turns black. Can't even access the uefi/bios.

my girlfriend and I have the same MB with the same uefi/bios version windows on a SSD and so on. so I switched my graphic card against her new one...everything works flawlessly. I even tried to run the FFXIV benchmark, the GTX960 worked perfect.

tried dvi and hdmi, unplugged everything except the keyboard, tried different cables but the new card gets enough electricity.
I'm all out of ideas.

GA-Z77-DS3H
Geforce GTX960 Strix OC Edition
i5 3550

EDIT so...because I felt like it I updated the bios on my girlfriends computer..and now the card is working. I have no idea why it did work on my pc..I mean we had both the same bios version.

but hey, it works lol

I experienced a similar issue with that motherboard. For whatever reason, it decided to enable the CPU's graphics over the PCI slot. Turned out the black screen was the PC booting normally but using the onboard graphics instead of the graphics card.

When I was looking for solutions, that issue popped up a lot. A quirk of the board I guess.

Flandy

Could someone help me out with what appears to be a memory leak? Tried using Process Explorer to see what the issue was. Is it all the programs taking up a huge amount of virtual size that's causing my issue here? Why doesn't this show up in Task Manager?
20521637942_a5ca210e39_o.png

Earlier today RAM usage got up to 7.8GB and I had to restart my PC. Unfortunately I wasn't able to capture the RAM usage with Process Explorer because my PC was unresponsive.
I did mange to get screenshot of how Task Manger looked at the time after I closed a few things
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5731/20342562848_1a5e6e1120_o.png

Bought a new laptop; The Dell Inspiron 7352. Hoping that it outlasts my last Toshiba. But since it's new and the only one I'll be getting (hopefully) for the next several years, I'm looking into getting the most out of it and so far the biggest option for upgrading reported has been an SSD.

Now I have a few questions:
The SSD I'm planning to get is 500 GB (same capacity as the Hard Drive already in the laptop) and costs about $250. Would any computer savvy people say that even at that price, the SSD upgrade is still a totally worthwhile investment the long run?

Secondly, since the transfer seems to require cloning the drive to the SSD before sticking it into the computer, I'd like to know, will the cloning process cause any problems with my Windows install, meaning will I have to reverify my copy of Windows after putting in the cloned drive or end up forced to buy another code for Windows 10 to make sure I don't get constantly get checks on how genuine my copy is?

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Bought a new laptop; The Dell Inspiron 7352. Hoping that it outlasts my last Toshiba. But since it's new and the only one I'll be getting (hopefully) for the next several years, I'm looking into getting the most out of it and so far the biggest option for upgrading reported has been an SSD.

Now I have a few questions:
The SSD I'm planning to get is 500 GB (same capacity as the Hard Drive already in the laptop) and costs about $250. Would any computer savvy people say that even at that price, the SSD upgrade is still a totally worthwhile investment the long run?

Secondly, since the transfer seems to require cloning the drive to the SSD before sticking it into the computer, I'd like to know, will the cloning process cause any problems with my Windows install, meaning will I have to reverify my copy of Windows after putting in the cloned drive or end up forced to buy another code for Windows 10 to make sure I don't get constantly get checks on how genuine my copy is?

An SSD is only an investment if you benefit from it. The reduce load times are wonderful and I will never go back to mechanical drives. I personally would not buy the EVO SSD's - they are the lower-grade equivalent of their SSD line. Shelling out an additional 50$ for the Pro greatly extends the life of an SSD. (TLC vs MLC)

Tech Report ran an endurance test of the different SSD's on the market and the Samsung Pro line is ... the best.

Avoid cloning - one of the biggest issues that I came across was fragmentation transferred over to my SSD and caused a few issues that forced me to do a fresh install.

You should not have any problems installing windows on SSD and authenticating. Usually OEM Windows license keys do not focus on the hard drive but more on the BIOS & Serial key.

Use the recovery media CD that comes with your laptop and see if it works.

An SSD is only an investment if you benefit from it. The reduce load times are wonderful and I will never go back to mechanical drives. I personally would not buy the EVO SSD's - they are the lower-grade equivalent of their SSD line. Shelling out an additional 50$ for the Pro greatly extends the life of an SSD. (TLC vs MLC)

Tech Report ran an endurance test of the different SSD's on the market and the Samsung Pro line is ... the best.

Avoid cloning - one of the biggest issues that I came across was fragmentation transferred over to my SSD and caused a few issues that forced me to do a fresh install.

You should not have any problems installing windows on SSD and authenticating. Usually OEM Windows license keys do not focus on the hard drive but more on the BIOS & Serial key.

Use the recovery media CD that comes with your laptop and see if it works.

Thanks for the info! So you'd recommend this SSD instead right?

So the alternative to cloning is recovery media. Literally just opened the box but there's no CD (no disk drive for the laptop where it'd go in anyway). But creating recovery media through Windows 10 on a USB something should work the same right? Just create the media from the laptop, pull out the old drive and put in the SSD, plug in the recovery USB and go through the recovery process from the BIOS?

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Thanks for the info! So you'd recommend this SSD instead right?

So the alternative to cloning is recovery media. Literally just opened the box but there's no CD (no disk drive for the laptop where it'd go in anyway). But creating recovery media through Windows 10 on a USB something should work the same right? Just create the media from the laptop, pull out the old drive and put in the SSD, plug in the recovery USB and go through the recovery process from the BIOS?

Yes and Yes.

Shy

Hi.
This is my third time having a blue screen. i made two posts about my previous crashes here, and here Both contain my past dump files, as well as the first post containing my system specs.

Here is the newest dump file. i'm really hoping one of you guys can help me, as i'm really worried at this point.

Thank you for your time.

Bishop89

Cross post , wanted to see if someone here could help.

Why do all the google services (google.com, youtube, google play etc...) showing japan content? google thinks I am in Japan or something and i have to keep manually changing it back to AUS.

I had tech support from my ISP check things, and everything looked fine on their end so im guessing this is a google thing.

ANy ideas how to fix this?

Virzeth

Cross post , wanted to see if someone here could help.

Why do all the google services (google.com, youtube, google play etc...) showing japan content? google thinks I am in Japan or something and i have to keep manually changing it back to AUS.

I had tech support from my ISP check things, and everything looked fine on their end so im guessing this is a google thing.

ANy ideas how to fix this?

Tried this? https://myaccount.google.com/preferences#localization

Hi.
This is my third time having a blue screen. i made two posts about my previous crashes here, and here Both contain my past dump files, as well as the first post containing my system specs.

Here is the newest dump file. i'm really hoping one of you guys can help me, as i'm really worried at this point.

Thank you for your time.

Unstable OCs can lead to BSODs. Try increasing your vcore a tad, or just removing the OC, and see if the BSODs go away.

Apt101

Hi.

Thank you for your time.

That's a mini dump. Configure Windows so it takes a full memory dump next time and I'll do my best to review it. I'm not Microsoft server engineer caliber when it comes to post mortems and dump analysis, but I know my way around their tools and have looked at plenty in my time with MS support engineers guiding me.

coopolon

I recently installed a new ssd into my computer and did a fresh windows 8 install onto the ssd. For whatever reason windows 8 created the system reserved partition on another unformatted hard drive. Also for unknown reasons that hard drive now has two unallocated partitions in addition to the system reserved. Below is a screenshot of the current situation in disk management...

coopolonhddy1alh.jpg

I can format the two unallocated partitions, but I can't merge them, so I can only have two different partitions. I don't really care about the system reserved, but it seems like it's preventing me from merging the two unallocated partitions?

Is there anything I can do?

Kama_1082

Banned
Been playing games on my 4k TV and I've noticed a horizontal line going up and down my TV. Doesn't happen when I lock it to 30. Does this mean that fgs TV has problems with a Frames above 30 in 4K?

IceIpor

I recently installed a new ssd into my computer and did a fresh windows 8 install onto the ssd. For whatever reason windows 8 created the system reserved partition on another unformatted hard drive. Also for unknown reasons that hard drive now has two unallocated partitions in addition to the system reserved. Below is a screenshot of the current situation in disk management...

coopolonhddy1alh.jpg

I can format the two unallocated partitions, but I can't merge them, so I can only have two different partitions. I don't really care about the system reserved, but it seems like it's preventing me from merging the two unallocated partitions?

Is there anything I can do?

If I had to guess, it's probably because your 4TB drive is formatted as an MBR drive, which limits it to 2tb per partition.

You'd have to format the whole thing to GPT if you want it to read it as a single 4TB partition (or 3.9TB + recovery partition).

EDIT: If you're using an older BIOS motherboard, make sure that the system partitions and recovery are on a MBR drive. Booting from GPT to Windows can only be easily done with the newer UEFI mobos.

coopolon

If I had to guess, it's probably because your 4TB drive is formatted as an MBR drive, which limits it to 2tb per partition.

You'd have to format the whole thing to GPT if you want it to read it as a single 4TB partition (or 3.9TB + recovery partition).

How can I check how it is formatted?

Can I reformat it if there's already a recovery partition?

Edit:

I downloaded AOMEI partition assistant standard edition to see if that would be more helpful. It sees the unallocated space on the HDD as one group, but you're right, I can't create a partition more than 2tb. I have no idea what the problem is! I try to format it as NTFS, I don't see anything about MBR.

IceIpor

How can I check how it is formatted?

Can I reformat it if there's already a recovery partition?

Edit:

I downloaded AOMEI partition assistant standard edition to see if that would be more helpful. It sees the unallocated space on the HDD as one group, but you're right, I can't create a partition more than 2tb. I have no idea what the problem is! I try to format it as NTFS, I don't see anything about MBR.
You would need to delete all the partitions on the drive first, I think.
Then right click where it says Disk 1 and choose convert to GPT.

Or follow this guide:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/convert-mbr-to-gpt-disk

coopolon

You would need to delete all the partitions on the drive first, I think.
Then right click where it says Disk 1 and choose convert to GPT.

Or follow this guide:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/convert-mbr-to-gpt-disk

Hmm. I saw the guide as well, unfortunately the freeware they link to no longer supports the conversion, I think you have to buy it now.

Looked at gptgen but it seems a little complicated.

I tried reinstalling windows again hoping it wouldn't put the system restore partition there again but it did! Is there anyway to tell it where to put the system restore partition so I can delete all the partitions off this disk and get it back to gpt?

Edit
So tried using disk part in the windows setup and there I could delete the system restore partition. Then could convert it to gpt. Also created a new primary partition on the ssd so windows won't create a new system partition. Installing again now, we will see what happens!

Got gptgen to run but it didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks!

IceIpor

Hmm. I saw the guide as well, unfortunately the freeware they link to no longer supports the conversion, I think you have to buy it now.

Looked at gptgen but it seems a little complicated.

I tried reinstalling windows again hoping it wouldn't put the system restore partition there again but it did! Is there anyway to tell it where to put the system restore partition so I can delete all the partitions off this disk and get it back to gpt?
First, before reinstalling windows. Just format the entire 4tb, including the recovery. Convert it to GPT.
Then, when reinstalling windows. Delete the whole disk you want windows to be installed on. That way, when windows sets up, it will create the additional partitions on the same drive.

Shy

Unstable OCs can lead to BSODs. Try increasing your vcore a tad, or just removing the OC, and see if the BSODs go away.
ok
That's a mini dump. Configure Windows so it takes a full memory dump next time and I'll do my best to review it. I'm not Microsoft server engineer caliber when it comes to post mortems and dump analysis, but I know my way around their tools and have looked at plenty in my time with MS support engineers guiding me.
done and thank you.

bomblord1

Banned
I've been able to reproduce this semi-consistently. Upon opening a web browser, making it non-full screen, opening facebook (seems to do it with other flash sites as well), and then fullscreening firefox my main monitor goes kaput. It turns into a series of rapidly pulsating white lines.

What I've done, removed GPU drivers and reinstalled from scratch, upgraded to windows 10 (from 8), opened my PC and double checked all GPU connections were tight (PSU and PCI-E), disabled AMD overdrive, gone into the physical monitor menu and reset everything to default, checked that my refresh rate was set correctly in CCC, changed my scaling settings (I overscan on my monitor because for some reason it doesn't wan to fill the screen without it) ,updated flash, double checked all HDMI connections were tight, and finally I disabled GPU acceleration in the web browser (this appears to have fixed the issue.)

This does not appear to happen with anything other than a web browser (played plenty of games while the issue has been ongoing). It seems to happen more frequently recently and I would prefer not to have my GPU acceleration permanently turned off.

Other Info:
GPU is Radeon R9 280, Stock Clock, latest drivers, Win 10.

Secondary monitor continues functioning while the issue happens (it's on a DVI instead of an HDMI)

EDIT: Just happened again GPU acceleration being disabled did not fix it.

So I've been having this issue where my monitor will appear to shut off for a couple seconds every so often, giving a blank screen until it returns as if nothing happened. I can't figure out the trigger; it's happened while playing games or sitting on desktop, and there's no discernable pattern to when it's going to occur. I'll just be doing something, the screen will go blank for a moment, and then things will continue as normal, all without interrupting any programs running - even music will play normally throughout the event. There's no error logs or anything, and there's been no big hardware changes for the last couple months. It's only happened three times in a couple weeks.

A bit of hardware history: I have a GTX 970, Windows 8.1, and the monitor is a Dell ST2421L. A few months back I upgraded my PSU and graphics card to what I have currently. I also dusted my computer recently--just after the problem started happening--but that didn't fix it. (Didn't think it would, but hoped... though now that I think of it I've never really tried dusting the monitor.)

My google-fu has lead me to believe this monitor blackout problem is due to a faulty/failing monitor. I'm not certain, but inclined to agree. I've had it since I got my computer a few years back, no potential issues until now.

TechSupportGAF, what do you think could cause such an issue? All help is appreciated.

bomblord1

Banned
So I've been having this issue where my monitor will appear to shut off for a couple seconds every so often, giving a blank screen until it returns as if nothing happened. I can't figure out the trigger; it's happened while playing games or sitting on desktop, and there's no discernable pattern to when it's going to occur. I'll just be doing something, the screen will go blank for a moment, and then things will continue as normal, all without interrupting any programs running - even music will play normally throughout the event. There's no error logs or anything, and there's been no big hardware changes for the last couple months. It's only happened three times in a couple weeks.

A bit of hardware history: I have a GTX 970, Windows 8.1, and the monitor is a Dell ST2421L. A few months back I upgraded my PSU and graphics card to what I have currently. I also dusted my computer recently--just after the problem started happening--but that didn't fix it. (Didn't think it would, but hoped... though now that I think of it I've never really tried dusting the monitor.)

My google-fu has lead me to believe this monitor blackout problem is due to a faulty/failing monitor. I'm not certain, but inclined to agree. I've had it since I got my computer a few years back, no potential issues until now.

TechSupportGAF, what do you think could cause such an issue? All help is appreciated.

Possible solutions:

Try removing and re-installing your graphics driver

Try checking the cable you use for the connection between your PC and Monitor by swapping it out for a different one that hasn't had issues.

Try a different monitor.

coopolon

First, before reinstalling windows. Just format the entire 4tb, including the recovery. Convert it to GPT.
Then, when reinstalling windows. Delete the whole disk you want windows to be installed on. That way, when windows sets up, it will create the additional partitions on the same drive.

I tried this and it still kept putting the damn restore partition on the 4tb. So eventually what I did was disconnect all the other hard drives, install windows, then reconnect them. It worked!

Thanks so much for your help!

Auctopus

Recently started a job at a University library as a IT/Tech assistant. Is this the right thread for me?

My job mainly involves helping students with WiFi, VPN connections, Virus removals, IP renewals and sometimes helping Chinese students get the apps they need on their Google-blocked phones.

Could always use some assistance when dealing with certain issues.

A good understanding of how to Google for solutions will get you a lot further than relying on this thread to do your work for you. General tech support is 80 per cent googling anyway, with that percentage slightly decreasing with experience

Possible solutions:

Try removing and re-installing your graphics driver

Try checking the cable you use for the connection between your PC and Monitor by swapping it out for a different one that hasn't had issues.

Try a different monitor.
Thanks. I'll give these a go.

An aside, but it's going to be a bummer if it ends up being the HDMI cable. I bought two of them just before they went on clearance and this'd be the second one to fail.

Yes and Yes.

Thanks for the help!

Got it all done and the SSD works like a dream.

...Now I've got a different issue. I've been using my laptop and when watching or listening to something, the sound randomly cuts down several levels. Say I set my speaker volume arrow to 20. I can see the green meter for the sound bump to around 20 but randomly the meter will plummet to like 5 for a few seconds and then come back up as though everything's back to normal. All the while, my volume buttons haven't been touched and the volume arrow doesn't even move. This happens both with the speakers and with earphones in. It seems like a software rather than hardware thing but I have no idea what's causing it.

I have a 2007 Dell inspiron 530S PC. The fan is really loud when browsing the internet, sometimes it's quiet, other times it isn't. It gets really loud when streaming music/Youtube, etc.

I've opened up the tower and tried cleaning all the dust and everything, but it's still loud.

Any reasons why, or how can I make my PC quiet again?

Thanks

mooncakes

Hey guys, I need help.

So on my computer, I tried putting in safemode to remove some virus and it's stuck in a loop.

I put msconfig>safe boot> minimal
When i restarted, it keeps loading window files and please wait.

I tried booting it nomally but it does the same thing

Any suggestion?

Auctopus

Hey guys, I need help.

So on my computer, I tried putting in safemode to remove some virus and it's stuck in a loop.

Any suggestion?

One suggestion.

1. Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by shutting down and restarting your computer.
2. Go to advanced boot options then use 'Last known good configuration/boot'.
3. I'd just use the Malware Bytes application to remove the virus.

RS4-

Picked up a GTX 970 over the weekend, but I've got nothing but problems.

My current PSU is an AX750.
My previous card was a 6950.

Doesn't matter what I'm doing, middle of a game, browsing, or just letting it idle, PC will suddenly restart. Did not have these problems with the AMD card. If it was a PSU problem, I wouldn't had these problems with the 6950, as that draws more power, correct?

And I know it isn't a heat issue; while gaming the card is in the low 60s. Same with my chip.

Thoughts?

mhayes86

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but here it goes:

From time to time, none of the devices on my home network can connect to youtube (and, very rarely, Gmail). Not my phone, my laptop or my desktop PC. However, if I use whatever proxy site available, youtube loads perfectly fine.
This has been an issue for a quite a while now and has started happening ever since I changed my ISP. What could I look into in order to fix this problem?

I was having this issue as well for a while with my laptop. By any chance are you using Google Chrome as your browser? If you go to chrome://flags, look for Experimental QUIC protocol and disable it.

Though I think I also had to close the browser and flushdns afterwards, but once that was all done, YouTube, Google searches, and GMail started loading flawlessly again.

bomblord1

Banned
Hey guys, I need help.

Any suggestion?

How long did you let it load files? It can sometimes take a looong time especially on a slower HDD or one with a virus.

Ark

I've got a huge pain in the ass, and I'm almost at my wits-end about it.

Basically, my 970 decides to stop working at full power and only pump-out 50% of the FPS it usually does at my regular settings. I go from playing BF4 on high/ultra at 90 to playing it at ~30, and WoW from 90 to 40. The only solution I've found has been to re-install the drivers, which yeah is a huge pain.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency with this issue. Most of the time it's when I've turned my computer on in the morning and it just goes to shit when I boot up a game. It was fine the previous night, but now it's running at half FPS for no reason. Most recent example: I was playing WoW doing a world boss, and my screen froze & went black for a couple of seconds and when it resumed working, f.lux had turned itself on from 0 to 100% and my fps had halved.

I've tried uninstalling f.lux and many restarts and nothing has fixed it. I thought upgrading to Windows 10 would fix it but this is the second time this has happened to me whilst on Windows 10. It happened a couple of times on 8.1 too.

Does anyone have any ideas at all on what could be causing this, or even how to figure out a solution? I'm completely lost.

bomblord1

Banned
I've got a huge pain in the ass, and I'm almost at my wits-end about it.

Basically, my 970 decides to stop working at full power and only pump-out 50% of the FPS it usually does at my regular settings. I go from playing BF4 on high/ultra at 90 to playing it at ~30, and WoW from 90 to 40. The only solution I've found has been to re-install the drivers, which yeah is a huge pain.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency with this issue. Most of the time it's when I've turned my computer on in the morning and it just goes to shit when I boot up a game. It was fine the previous night, but now it's running at half FPS for no reason. Most recent example: I was playing WoW doing a world boss, and my screen froze & went black for a couple of seconds and when it resumed working, f.lux had turned itself on from 0 to 100% and my fps had halved.

I've tried uninstalling f.lux and many restarts and nothing has fixed it. I thought upgrading to Windows 10 would fix it but this is the second time this has happened to me whilst on Windows 10. It happened a couple of times on 8.1 too.

Does anyone have any ideas at all on what could be causing this, or even how to figure out a solution? I'm completely lost.

Isn't the 970 known to have performance issues when using more than 3.5gb of Vram?

Top Bottom