• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Thread: No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
claviertekky said:
F8 and choose Last Known Configuration as you have never successfully booted into Desktop. If that works, you're gold.

But if it doesn't, at this point, I would just grab a LiveCD distribution of Ubuntu or a Windows Preinstallation Environment disk like BartPE, put all the files on a second hard drive, and bail out to prepare for a clean install.

You could try a repair install with a XP CD. Basically what it does is it deletes the Windows folder and installs over again.

I would go with a clean install for Windows 7 although try Last Known Configuration first.

Yea it is not letting me into the comp at all.. I am at my parents house now and not by the laptop that has the blue screen in fron tof me to take a pic. It basically stops loading even after selecting "last known good config" it says fatal error and some numbers.. i will get that for you.

Do you know if I can buy the XP CD? I dont have the one that came with the laptop because it was work issued. Thanks so much man.

clav

Malleymal said:
Yea it is not letting me into the comp at all.. I am at my parents house now and not by the laptop that has the blue screen in fron tof me to take a pic. It basically stops loading even after selecting "last known good config" it says fatal error and some numbers.. i will get that for you.

Do you know if I can buy the XP CD? I dont have the one that came with the laptop because it was work issued. Thanks so much man.
If you're going to buy a XP CD, you might as well buy a copy of Windows 7. It runs on XP setups fairly well.

Ask any friends who have a copy of XP if you insist.

Has anyone used Windows 7's built-in backup feature to backup a large amount? I set up a job to backup ~550GB to an external HD and started it before I went to bed last night. 12 hours later it's only about halfway done and is copying insanely slowly. I know it's running, it copied about 3GB in the last 10 minutes but still, is this normal? I know it can work, I tested it with a 20GB job a few nights ago but that didn't take that long.

clav

faceless007 said:
Has anyone used Windows 7's built-in backup feature to backup a large amount? I set up a job to backup ~550GB to an external HD and started it before I went to bed last night. 12 hours later it's only about halfway done and is copying insanely slowly. I know it's running, it copied about 3GB in the last 10 minutes but still, is this normal? I know it can work, I tested it with a 20GB job a few nights ago but that didn't take that long.
Sounds about right.

I've only used it on 160 GB drives, not 550 GB though, so that's a lot of files.

It takes me a few hours or more to copy 350 GB of files, and this is a backup which will take longer.

clav

faceless007 said:
Wow thanks for that.

You know another way you can back up is using the Windows Easy Transfer utility. That way if you lose anything it can restore successfully on any computer. You'll just need to reinstall programs, but it'll remember your settings.

Yeah I thought about that since it's what I used to move from XP, but I didn't use it because I thought it took too long to work. *irony*

Also, MS has a not-final hotfix for the problem you have to get by email. The email says:

Back up the system or the computer that will receive the hotfix before you install the hotfix.

Oh Microsoft.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
claviertekky said:
If you're going to buy a XP CD, you might as well buy a copy of Windows 7. It runs on XP setups fairly well.

Ask any friends who have a copy of XP if you insist.
I got back to the comp and took a pic.. One is when I just try to start it normally or even in safe mode or last good config this is the screen

b3e08fb5.jpg

Then this is the blue screen after I use the DVD I made at my parents house with the repair boot Cd I made. It starts loading stuff at the bottom of the screen and then this shows up

faf77d2b.jpg

Thanks for any help

Dartastic

Okay. PS3 Slim. Bose Lifestyle 35. John Mayer Where the Light Is Blu-Ray. It worked fine on a PS3 Phat, but now that I upgraded to a slim the sound just goes absolutely bonkers apeshit. I can't watch it. =( Help?

clav

Malleymal said:
I got back to the comp and took a pic.. One is when I just try to start it normally or even in safe mode or last good config this is the screen

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/kamkorn/b3e08fb5.jpg

Then this is the blue screen after I use the DVD I made at my parents house with the repair boot Cd I made. It starts loading stuff at the bottom of the screen and then this shows up

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/kamkorn/faf77d2b.jpg

Thanks for any help
From my understanding of those screens and what you just described to me:

1. Normal boot does not work as it just restarts.
2. You tried booting the Windows XP CD/DVD you made at your place on it, and it gives you those two screens.

Is this correct?

------------------------

If so, from those screens, in the past that means your hard drive configuration is incorrect or something is wrong with the hard drive. Is this a custom built computer with SATA drives?

If it is, then I'm going to guess your BIOS configuration for your SATA drives is not correct. You need to set your drives to IDE or Compatible mode.

If your computer uses PATA (IDE) drives, then I would reseat the connections and see if everything works OK.

If you don't understand anything what I just wrote, please reply at least telling me what kind of hard drive it is (PATA or SATA).

Dartastic said:
Okay. PS3 Slim. Bose Lifestyle 35. John Mayer Where the Light Is Blu-Ray. It worked fine on a PS3 Phat, but now that I upgraded to a slim the sound just goes absolutely bonkers apeshit. I can't watch it. =( Help?

I'll assume you have the latest firmware.

Have you played around with XMB's audio settings? What's your audio setup?

karby

I'm having some trouble with my laptop speakers. :(
Last night I updated Microsoft Security Essentials on my laptop. I kept postponing the auto-reset because I had some work to finish. Well, I left the computer for a little bit, and the auto-reset happened, and now my laptop speakers don't work. I've tried resetting multiple times, checking/re-installing drivers, but nothing works. My speakers were fine before the MSE update, but after the auto-reset happened, they seem to have gone dead.

clav

karby said:
I'm having some trouble with my laptop speakers. :(
Last night I updated Microsoft Security Essentials on my laptop. I kept postponing the auto-reset because I had some work to finish. Well, I left the computer for a little bit, and the auto-reset happened, and now my laptop speakers don't work. I've tried resetting multiple times, checking/re-installing drivers, but nothing works. My speakers were fine before the MSE update, but after the auto-reset happened, they seem to have gone dead.
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/no_sound/en-us

I guess you could try this and tell me what happens.

Dartastic

claviertekky said:

Latest firmware. The only audio that's enabled is DTS, 5.1, and Linear PCM 2.0. Just changed BD settings out of linear PCM to bitstream. Gonna try that. My audio system is a Bose Lifestyle 35. I think might what have been happening was it tried to output in Dolby True HD and my PS3 didn't have that selected under audio selections. Gonna try again.

...yeah. I guess I just can't pick Dolby True HD. MAN. o.o I wonder why it worked before?

Not sure if this goes here or in the custom PC thread so...

Gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard
Intel 120GB X-25M
Windows 7 64-bit trying to install from USB stick
1x2GB of RAM

Not playing nice.

I get to 10% in Expanding Windows Files and then I get the error code: 0x80070570

Been trying to get this working all afternoon with 0 success. please help!

clav

NorrenRadd said:
Not sure if this goes here or in the custom PC thread so...

Gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard
Intel 120GB X-25M
Windows 7 64-bit trying to install from USB stick
1x2GB of RAM

Not playing nice.

I get to 10% in Expanding Windows Files and then I get the error code: 0x80070570

Been trying to get this working all afternoon with 0 success. please help!
Did the PC work before (is this an upgrade) or is this a new build?

1. Check your RAM. If you can't, just run on one stick and see which one proceeds the installation.
2. Make sure your hard drive is completely empty as I assume you're doing another build. Installation automatically creates a 100MB partition in front of everything.
3. See if changing your SATA configration from AHCI to IDE (compatible) mode works. If that works, look up how to change it to AHCI without BSOD'ing after installation.

karby

claviertekky said:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/no_sound/en-us

I guess you could try this and tell me what happens.

Nevermind, it's been fixed. I tried downloading and running the link that you gave me, but the report only said that nothing was wrong with my speakers. So...after digging a little more, I found the problem: for some strange reason, after the update my default audio device got changed to the headphones instead of the regular speakers, and because I have no headphones plugged in, I wasn't hearing anything. Default device was changed back, laptop speakers work like normal. All is well.

Thanks for trying to help me though, I really appreciate it. :)

Ashhong

I got a weird little problem with my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. The "Play/Pause" media key makes the song restart sometimes instead of pausing. This only happens with Winamp. I have tried disabling Media control functions in Winamp options, but it still happens. I asked Logitech and they said

The button on the keyboard is included in the Windows Keyboard driver, it isn't software enhanced.

So is there anything I can do in Windows to fix this? I figure Winamp is somehow misinterpreting my key press...

clav

Ashhong said:
I got a weird little problem with my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. The "Play/Pause" media key makes the song restart sometimes instead of pausing. This only happens with Winamp. I have tried disabling Media control functions in Winamp options, but it still happens. I asked Logitech and they said

The button on the keyboard is included in the Windows Keyboard driver, it isn't software enhanced.

So is there anything I can do in Windows to fix this? I figure Winamp is somehow misinterpreting my key press...
You can reconfigure shortcuts in WinAMP. Dig through the menus, and I think it should be there somewhere.

karby said:
Nevermind, it's been fixed. I tried downloading and running the link that you gave me, but the report only said that nothing was wrong with my speakers. So...after digging a little more, I found the problem: for some strange reason, after the update my default audio device got changed to the headphones instead of the regular speakers, and because I have no headphones plugged in, I wasn't hearing anything. Default device was changed back, laptop speakers work like normal. All is well.

Thanks for trying to help me though, I really appreciate it. :)

I actually thought it was that first, but I wasn't sure how to explain it to you. Thanks for the feedback.

Shouta

I've been having problems with Win 7 recently where sometimes programs or processes will just freeze up and for awhile and it won't respond at all even though my mouse still is movable. It eventually starts working again but I'm not really sure why this occurs. Any ideas?

I've heard Firefox is an issue but I also get it when it's closed and with Windows explorer on occasion. I even reinstalled my OS and it still occurred, was thinking of doing it again just to make sure.

MrBig

Shouta said:
I've been having problems with Win 7 recently where sometimes programs or processes will just freeze up and for awhile and it won't respond at all even though my mouse still is movable. It eventually starts working again but I'm not really sure why this occurs. Any ideas?

I've heard Firefox is an issue but I also get it when it's closed and with Windows explorer on occasion. I even reinstalled my OS and it still occurred, was thinking of doing it again just to make sure.
Make sure you're running CCleaner regularly to clean out temporary files and cache files and see if that improves anything.

Ashhong

claviertekky said:
You can reconfigure shortcuts in WinAMP. Dig through the menus, and I think it should be there somewhere.

Yea I did that. I even disabled the shortcuts completely in Winamp but the keyboard works separately or something and it still works.

clav

Shouta said:

Maybe unrelated, but I was having temporary freezes with Chrome on booting up.

Turns out as Mr Big stated above that my Chrome's cache took up a whopping 5GB as Ccleaner removed it. I don't understand how Chrome's cache management was that bad as it was loading 5GB on startup every time.

Ashhong said:
Yea I did that. I even disabled the shortcuts completely in Winamp but the keyboard works separately or something and it still works.

Oh that usually worked for me on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000D).

Hm.

Ashhong

claviertekky said:
Oh that usually worked for me on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000D).

Hm.

I'm wondering if I can go deeper, like into the Windows software or something to see whats going on. I have no idea if this is possible though. Do you?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but at the moment my laptop isn't powering on. It displays that it is charging but all I get is a blank screen. I called costumer service and they are sending it to the depot. But my problems are:

1) How much will I be charged if it was spillage? (Doubtful though)

2) Can they search through my programs and software and tell if they find anything illegal? Because...yeah.

sarcastor

I have a computer with an Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz, 4gb of ram and an old 8800GT. I'm editing some 15mb RAW photos and my computer is chugging a bit. what's the best upgrade i should do? I want to spend around $100.

1. get a faster CPU that will fit my mobo
2. get 4gb more ram
3. install a 40GB SDD

My system drive is currently set at 40gb so I can potentially just ghost it to a 40GB SDD.

MrBig

sarcastor said:
I have a computer with an Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz, 4gb of ram and an old 8800GT. I'm editing some 15mb RAW photos and my computer is chugging a bit. what's the best upgrade i should do? I want to spend around $100.

2. get 4gb more ram
3. install a 40GB SDD

My system drive is currently set at 40gb so I can potentially just ghost it to a 40GB SDD.
I'd say an SSD with a gig partitioned to be dedicated to PS as a scratch disc.
I'm not sure about using SSDs as scratch discs though so someone else will have to weigh in on that.
The SSD is going to make the biggest difference, everything else you have is more than enough.

Reseil

You wouldn't want to get an SSD for a drive for editing. If you get an SSD, the idea is to limit the number of write cycles to it to preserve the speed and integrity of the drive long term. You could run the app on the SSD and edit data on another drive, but odds are you wouldn't see a significant difference.

Dropping another 4GB of RAM is the best solution. I went this route several months ago when I started editing large M2TS and MKV captures. The other thing I found that helped (if you are running Win 7) is to use an 8GB thumb drive as a ReadyBoost drive.

I'm running a SATA III Crucial SSD as my OS drive and 3 1TB SATA II drives for apps, data, etc. on an 8GB rig. The SSD makes it snappy as hell, but when I'm working with huge files, the extra RAM is the biggest difference for sure.

Ashhong said:

This happens to me too. In fact "Play/Pause" buttons have always been a little wonky for me on every multimedia keyboard I've used. I've just assumed some programs only see the "Play" part. Hope you find a solution.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Here's my problem:
I installed 7 on my computer after an upgrade and have my old HDD for all my data. Certain folders I am denied permission to access (but can access by allowing and changing ownership).
I did a full directory ownership change from root and program files, etc., but some folders still have locks on them (and some don't that still deny access until I change it) and it is very annoying to find some folders that are locked for no reason and have to change them sub folder by sub folder.
What is going on here?
faceless007 said:
This happens to me too. In fact "Play/Pause" buttons have always been a little wonky for me on every multimedia keyboard I've used. I've just assumed some programs only see the "Play" part. Hope you find a solution.
Try installing the MS x4 drivers.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Keyboard&sku=JQD-00001

I installed these and they work fine with me Saitek Eclipse, maybe it'll work for you?

How do I keep document formatting consistent across computers? I have a Macbook Pro running OSX and a netbook running Windows 7 that share documents via dropbox. The problem is, the formatting is constantly getting fucked up when I jump from one to the other (mostly in terms of bulleting and stuff). I've been saving my shit at RTF and using Open Office. What can I do to keep things consistent?

phalestine

aka iby.h
Jimmy Stav said:
How do I keep document formatting consistent across computers? I have a Macbook Pro running OSX and a netbook running Windows 7 that share documents via dropbox. The problem is, the formatting is constantly getting fucked up when I jump from one to the other (mostly in terms of bulleting and stuff). I've been saving my shit at RTF and using Open Office. What can I do to keep things consistent?

Why not just use google docs?

clav

Jimmy Stav said:
Use the open office proprietary format if that's what you use for both. No point in saving RTF as it'll always lose formating.

The above suggestion works as well.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but at the moment my laptop isn't powering on. It displays that it is charging but all I get is a blank screen. I called costumer service and they are sending it to the depot. But my problems are:

1) How much will I be charged if it was spillage? (Doubtful though)

2) Can they search through my programs and software and tell if they find anything illegal? Because...yeah.

1. They'll swap out the motherboard, which will probably be a handful $300-$500 at least because of labor.

2. They can play with your computer afterwards.

sarcastor said:

2. get 4gb more ram
3. install a 40GB SDD

Option 2 is most cost effective.

Option 1 is if you have the money.

Option 3 won't help.

Hazaro said:
Here's my problem:
I installed 7 on my computer after an upgrade and have my old HDD for all my data. Certain folders I am denied permission to access (but can access by allowing and changing ownership).
I did a full directory ownership change from root and program files, etc., but some folders still have locks on them (and some don't that still deny access until I change it) and it is very annoying to find some folders that are locked for no reason and have to change them sub folder by sub folder.
What is going on here?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Keyboard&sku=JQD-00001

I installed these and they work fine with me Saitek Eclipse, maybe it'll work for you?

I would have used the Windows Easy Transfer utility as I've always ran into that problem or put the files I wanted to save in a folder as messing with NTFS permissions is a pain in the butt.

Did you try this? http://superuser.com/questions/157036/how-to-get-full-permissions-on-non-install-ntfs-drive

Says to use this tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en

Darklord

Banned
Ok here's my tech issue. I use headphones and normally they sound fine. After my PC got a virus I reinstalled windows Vista, the sound was still fine. I got SP1(which I had before as well) and noticed the sound was quieter. Normally if I put my headphones on full they'd be LOUD, sometimes too loud but now they are too quiet and a lot of times I need to put "normalize" on in Media Player Classic or VLC to boost it. I was finally 100% convinced it had gotten quite after playing Dead Space where the sound was insanely loud on full and I never played on it yet it was normal now.

What could be behind this? Was it the upgrade to SP1? I had it before and never had an issue. Could it be my headphones?

clav

Darklord said:
Ok here's my tech issue. I use headphones and normally they sound fine. After my PC got a virus I reinstalled windows Vista, the sound was still fine. I got SP1(which I had before as well) and noticed the sound was quieter. Normally if I put my headphones on full they'd be LOUD, sometimes too loud but now they are too quiet and a lot of times I need to put "normalize" on in Media Player Classic or VLC to boost it. I was finally 100% convinced it had gotten quite after playing Dead Space where the sound was insanely loud on full and I never played on it yet it was normal now.

What could be behind this? Was it the upgrade to SP1? I had it before and never had an issue. Could it be my headphones?
I would have to say drivers had to do something here. I'm going to guess your motherboard uses the standard Realtek HD ones.

Which drivers did you install? Did Windows install them or did you install them from Realtek's website?

What's the limit on how many times you can activate Windows 7 before MS gets suspicious? I'm migrating to Windows 7 but having a bunch of problems and reinstalled it 3 times already. I think I might need to do a fourth (don't ask).

clav

faceless007 said:
What's the limit on how many times you can activate Windows 7 before MS gets suspicious? I'm migrating to Windows 7 but having a bunch of problems and reinstalled it 3 times already. I think I might need to do a fourth (don't ask).
Never. If the automatic activation fails, MS will suggest you to call a 800 number that will send you to India and ask you some questions:

1. What is the last digits of the installation ID on the screen?
2. How many computers are using this key?
3. Why are you activating through phone?

Phone guys/girls read from scripts.

What problems are you having?

Ashhong

faceless007 said:

I've had 2 Dell multimedia keyboards and they worked fine. The "play" part sounds like the issue, I couldn't figure out what was going on. Have you had the issue with itunes as well? Or just Winamp?

Hazaro said:

By drivers do you mean IntelliType Pro 8.0 64-bit for Windows 7? I just installed this and nope, didn't work.

I noticed that it only seems to happen the first time I try to pause a song. If it happens it doesn't repeat the next time the song plays. Kind of weird.

claviertekky said:
Never. If the automatic activation fails, MS will suggest you to call a 800 number that will send you to India and ask you some questions:

Does Microsoft stop multiple copies of 1 Windows 7 being activated at the same time?

clav

Ashhong said:
Does Microsoft stop multiple copies of 1 Windows 7 being activated at the same time?
Never tried.

Running on two copies from my now retired MSDNAA account (no longer a student so revoked access :sadface).

My guess would be granted how activation works would probably be 2-3 computers although if you follow the rules, it'll be one computer per license. It makes you wonder since what about the people who use virtual machines?

I doubt you can get away installing 100 computers with one key.

claviertekky said:

Oh I knew about all that, it's what I meant by "get suspicious." I'd rather not have to deal with it if I end up having to re-install 5 times this month. The problems are related to certain driver installations going awry. It might not be Windows at all, it might be my new HD, not sure.

I wonder if they ever deny activating someone over the phone.

clav

faceless007 said:
Oh I knew about all that, it's what I meant by "get suspicious." I'd rather not have to deal with it if I end up having to re-install 5 times this month. The problems are related to certain driver installations going awry. It might not be Windows at all, it might be my new HD, not sure.

I wonder if they ever deny activating someone over the phone.
What's your HD? Seagate's been having a few hitches with mandatory firmware upgrades lately.

What's your setup for reference?

It's a WD Caviar Black. I'm RMAing it because it's uncomfortably loud and it doesn't always boot so I'll probably have to re-install Windows on the replacement. I could just clone it over but there are a few things I want to do differently this time anyway.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
claviertekky said:
I would have used the Windows Easy Transfer utility as I've always ran into that problem or put the files I wanted to save in a folder as messing with NTFS permissions is a pain in the butt.

Did you try this? http://superuser.com/questions/157036/how-to-get-full-permissions-on-non-install-ntfs-drive

Says to use this tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en
I've been on XP for 5 years and never messed about.

I just put in a new HDD and installed 7. Wasn't expecting to get any problems since it's just a bare drive.

I'll give what you posted a go when I have some free time to trouble shoot if anything goes horribly wrong, thanks.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
claviertekky said:
From my understanding of those screens and what you just described to me:

1. Normal boot does not work as it just restarts.
2. You tried booting the Windows XP CD/DVD you made at your place on it, and it gives you those two screens.

Is this correct?

------------------------

If so, from those screens, in the past that means your hard drive configuration is incorrect or something is wrong with the hard drive. Is this a custom built computer with SATA drives?

If it is, then I'm going to guess your BIOS configuration for your SATA drives is not correct. You need to set your drives to IDE or Compatible mode.

If your computer uses PATA (IDE) drives, then I would reseat the connections and see if everything works OK.

If you don't understand anything what I just wrote, please reply at least telling me what kind of hard drive it is (PATA or SATA).

Thanks for helping me' clav... As for the two screens... The first screen is when I load up the comp normally or in safe mode or last good config.... The second screen is when I use the xp repair cd I made.

As for the type of drive... That I don't know, I was given the comp at work so it was already put together before I received it... I tried to do some stuff in bios but I am not an admin ...

Darklord

Banned
claviertekky said:
I would have to say drivers had to do something here. I'm going to guess your motherboard uses the standard Realtek HD ones.

Which drivers did you install? Did Windows install them or did you install them from Realtek's website?

Yeah I have realtek and...I think windows did. I forget now. Should I just try installing them again?

CrankyJay

Banned
Outlook (2010) question: Is there a way to force recipients to reply all to an email? There's a client that either is ignoring our requests to reply to all or being a deliberate douchebag and just choosing reply.

edit: That is...if individual emails are listed. I realize this problem would go away with email groups.

edit edit: nvm, there's an option to direct replies to multiple addresses, even if they hit only Reply. If only one of us gets the reply then I'll know this guy is deleting them by hand.

I'm doing a class project and need to convert AVCHD video to AVI or MPEG or some other format that Windows Movie Maker can read.

Trouble is, I can't find one that will do it without a watermark. I only need the program as a trial, but all the trials put horrible watermarks on it in places I can't edit out. One threatened to remove my sound as a watermark, but I don't need sound for this video. It ended up adding a watermark anyway...

So is there an easy way to fix this problem?

clav

balladofwindfishes said:
I'm doing a class project and need to convert AVCHD video to AVI or MPEG or some other format that Windows Movie Maker can read.

Trouble is, I can't find one that will do it without a watermark. I only need the program as a trial, but all the trials put horrible watermarks on it in places I can't edit out. One threatened to remove my sound as a watermark, but I don't need sound for this video. It ended up adding a watermark anyway...

So is there an easy way to fix this problem?
I was going to suggest handbrake but I don't see anything about handbrake supporting conversion to AVI containers.

There's a list of converters on the wiki page regarding AVCHD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD#Converters
A link to the one suggested: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Otherwise, I suggest you get a hold of some better software like Sony Vegas or even per say borrowing a Mac with Final Cut Pro.

Darklord said:
Yeah I have realtek and...I think windows did. I forget now. Should I just try installing them again?

Check in your Programs and Features (from Control Panel) Add/Remove programs section to see if you already have realtek HD installed.

Here's the link to the drivers: http://218.210.127.131/downloads/do...=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

Please double check though. It'll be helpful if you posted your motherboard as I'm assuming you're using your integrated sound card from there.

Top Bottom