• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Support GAF Thread: No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

mhayze

Oh, so I should be getting 8mb/s? Tbh no site has allowed me to download anywhere near that speed. I downloaded the Forza 5 trailer from MS and it was a constant 4.0mb/s

Not many sites will let you get a single download at that speed. But, you should be able to hit it in aggregate. I.e. start 4-5 downloads from sites with high bandwidth and then check network utilization from task manager or resource monitor.

I'm getting a new laptop, for around 800 USD. I have been checking other threads but maybe someone here could recommend me some new models.

I use my laptop for basic video editing (PowerDirector), Photoshop, Word, Excel and SPSS. Beside that my actual laptop is 15 inches, HP.

Thanks guys!

Hey tech gaf,

Not sure if this is the most correct thread, but here goes:

Currently running Windows 8 on dual monitors. Currently my task bar is on both monitors, but the taskbar on monitor 1, is just an exact copy of the one on monitor 2, so it shows all the exact same pinned applications. Is there any free tool that makes the task bar extend continually across both monitors as a single taskbar (so I can actually make use of the space and add lots more pinned items), rather than just two of the same taskbar?

Thank you, as always :D

Networking question here that has been driving me crazy then last few days.

Girlfriend recently moved in with me in the room next to mine. I had one single ethernet cable running from the router downstairs 100+ feet into my room, and since she needs Internet for her pc and 360 I figured I could buy a switch, plug in ethernet, run cables from that to our devices and everything would be fine.

This is half true I found out. Internet works on all devices, simultaneously. However, we cannot host and play games together on PC. If I host a game of borderlands 2, team fortress 2,whatever, she cannot join me. if she hosts I cannot join her. But we can both join dedicated servers just fine together. LAN options work in games and we can share network files etc, but Internet hosting we can't join eachother.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? :(

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member

Girlfriend recently moved in with me in the room next to mine. I had one single ethernet cable running from the router downstairs 100+ feet into my room, and since she needs Internet for her pc and 360 I figured I could buy a switch, plug in ethernet, run cables from that to our devices and everything would be fine.

This is half true I found out. Internet works on all devices, simultaneously. However, we cannot host and play games together on PC. If I host a game of borderlands 2, team fortress 2,whatever, she cannot join me. if she hosts I cannot join her. But we can both join dedicated servers just fine together. LAN options work in games and we can share network files etc, but Internet hosting we can't join eachother.

Sounds like a firewall is blocking from the two PCs seeing each other on the local subnet. Disable it or try downloading hamachi and playing it via there?

Megasoum

Banned
Is there a way to force an application to ignore Windows' proxy settings?

Here my problem. At work we use a proxy for all work related stuff and general internet use. Everything works fine except for iTunes. Everytime I try to open itunes the app will crash right away. I found out a couple of days ago that if I go in my Internet Options and uncheck the automatic setting box in the proxy settings iTunes will boot fine and work perfectly (even download stuff from the store without issues). The moment I re-enable the proxy iTunes will crash. Obviously I can't really live without the proxy since it's needed for everything else but this is really annoying and I miss my podcasts!

So, is there a way to force a specific app in Windows to ignore the general proxy settings and connect directly to the web?

Quoting myself, still trying to find a solution. So annoying to have itunes crash every hour or so.

paskowitz

Ok GAF, I have a question.

My employer has a bunch of names in their SAP system with no email... today I have graciously tasked with filling in their missing email information.

I have 616 first and last names accompanied by associated company, city/state and country. 99% of these names are international. Looking each name up manually on the web is going to take a century. Calling is not an option because I have no phone numbers.

I am looking for an efficient way to search for their emails. I have tried email look up services on the web but most of them only provide results for US addresses.

I had a thought on how to do this, but I have no idea how. Search within a domain for their name and an email so I guess anything with "@" (I do not know how to be this specific). If I could do this as a batch that would be even better.

Any thoughts on what my best COA is or am I F'ed?

Just figured out that my TV has Picture in Picture. I have my computer hooked up to my TV, so I was hoping I could watch cable when using it. When discussed online, most people discuss using the standard PC input to the TV (VGA it looks like). Since I don't have that connection and I believe it is a worse connection than HDMI, I was hoping to still use HDMI. So I look in the manual and see that maintaining HDMI is an option for the primary video source. Except...

THewKgL.png

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KDL32FA600-EX301-EX400-EX401-EX500-EX501.pdf

"PC Timing" What is it? Currently when I look in the tools menu there is no PIP option listed when the HDMI PC is the active input. It is only in the tools menu when the VGA PC input mode is selected (and it is grayed out there because of no active VGA connection I assume). My TV model number is KDL-40EX400 (Sony Bravia).

I did make another connection with component cables from my cable box because it appears in the diagram above and through forum posts I've seen that you can only have one digital and one analog input for picture in picture with Sony TVs.

I contacted someone at Sony, but they weren't helpful. Might try contacting again at some point.

Okay I found a solution for anyone who happens to search and finds a similar problem (and so someone else doesn't try to figure it out). I had to lower the PC resolution to 1280x1024 so that my TV recognizes the signal as being from a PC - then the PIP option appeals in the tools menu. I wonder if I could enter a custom resolution so that I can make the resolution higher, while having the TV think it is a PC signal.

Also, once you hit PIP, it starts the source as being from over the air/direct coax feed cable. If the source isn't that, you have to hit the tools menu again and select "sub-window" to change the input of the sub-window.

Vyer

What OS? I would probably first get the local IP address of both systems and ping one from the other and see if they are communicating at all. That way you would know if either one of the systems is causing the problem.

Ok, I'm not sure if this thread is the right place to post this question but I'll post and see what happens.

I recently ran out of space on my 500Gb drive but had a 1Tb drive I was using for backups. I decided to reformat the 1Tb drive and transfer all my files over to the 1Tb drive. However, while this was happening I was running Waterfox (which was on the 500Gb drive) which immediately started going haywire and froze the program moving my files over (using Windows 7)

I tried to do some basic troubleshooting by checking the drives as per Microsoft's instructions. This was accomplished by going to each drive's properties, clicking on....tools? and then clicking the "Error Check" button. This did nothing so I turned my computer off.

When I turned it back on my BIOS warned me that the S.M.A.R.T. status on my 1Tb drive was now bad. When I continue on to Windows it says it is going to perform a drive check on my 500Gb drive without giving me an option to go straight to Windows. When it checks the drive it says it's ok but then no keyboard or mouse arguments will let me continue on to Windows so I'm stuck at that stupid screen.

*Phew* Any help? Can I get Windows to function like normal again?

I think my graphics card is dying. Best ways to troubleshoot? Sorry this is short but my PC keeps freezing up on me.

edit:

Long version..

I noticed some issues whilst playing BF3 last week. I would get lime green coloring on the roads when looking at them from a certain distance. Having AA enabled would also cause issues, the screen would flash like I was playing in a lightning storm. Then during normal use I would experience freezing. My PC would be unresponsive but any audio would continue to play. Once it comes back to life my cursor would move and any typing I had done would instantly appear. I have tried reseating the card and hopefully it had just been knocked. Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot my issue? I did a clean reinstall of drivers but that is as far as I got.

Ashhong

I don't understand, I cleaned out my harddrive to have about 9 gigs of free space. I then started messing with my graphics card to try and OC it and installed Asus GPU Tweak program. After a couple of crashes, I check my hard drive space and I only have 2 gigs free! WTF?????

Persona7

Banned
I don't understand, I cleaned out my harddrive to have about 9 gigs of free space. I then started messing with my graphics card to try and OC it and installed Asus GPU Tweak program. After a couple of crashes, I check my hard drive space and I only have 2 gigs free! WTF?????

This program will visualize your hard drive and show you what is taking up so much space.

http://windirstat.info/

Ashhong

I have that, but I don't think it will help me determine where this random 8gb of space just went :( giving it a shot now

Also, how do I make my ATI 4870 stop going into low power mode? i feel like that is causing my games to lag..

mxgt

Banned
I think my graphics card is dying. Best ways to troubleshoot? Sorry this is short but my PC keeps freezing up on me.

edit:

Long version..

I noticed some issues whilst playing BF3 last week. I would get lime green coloring on the roads when looking at them from a certain distance. Having AA enabled would also cause issues, the screen would flash like I was playing in a lightning storm. Then during normal use I would experience freezing. My PC would be unresponsive but any audio would continue to play. Once it comes back to life my cursor would move and any typing I had done would instantly appear. I have tried reseating the card and hopefully it had just been knocked. Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot my issue? I did a clean reinstall of drivers but that is as far as I got.

How are the card temperatures? is it overclocked?

Probably a long shot on a gaming build but does your motherboard have on board video? If so you'll most likely need a VGA to DVI adapter

Otherwise do you have any other cards around that you could use or perhaps borrow to test?

If you can do the above then you can easily find out if it is the card that's causing the problem. Also make sure it's not just overheating by using msi afterburner to monitor temps

USF

Ok I need you pc experts to help me out..
Monitor is showing "no signal detected" when starting on my pc. Everything apart from that seems to be working & running. Also tried a different screen with no luck. I have custom built my pc 3 years ago and it was working perfectly until this thing came up.

Issue seems common when I googled it. Couldn't find a solution, maybe GAF could help?

Erasus

Ok I need you pc experts to help me out..
Monitor is showing "no signal detected" when starting on my pc. Everything apart from that seems to be working & running. Also tried a different screen with no luck. I have custom built my pc 3 years ago and it was working perfectly until this thing came up.

Issue seems common when I googled it. Couldn't find a solution, maybe GAF could help?

Check graphics card is inserted properly

Check graphics card cable DVI/HDMI is inserted properly

Check that RAM is properly inserted

And if you can try the same monitor with another PC and the PC with another monitor

How are the card temperatures? is it overclocked?

Probably a long shot on a gaming build but does your motherboard have on board video? If so you'll most likely need a VGA to DVI adapter

Otherwise do you have any other cards around that you could use or perhaps borrow to test?

If you can do the above then you can easily find out if it is the card that's causing the problem. Also make sure it's not just overheating by using msi afterburner to monitor temps

It's not been overclocked other than the manufactures 'overclock' that came with it. Temps run fine. It's really inconsistent with when/if it freezes up. I don't have an integrated graphics option or a spare card unfortunately.

WoodWERD

Does anyone happen to know which motherboards are suitable replacements for a socket LGA 775, Intel P35 motherboard? I tried googling but all I was getting were links to out of stock motherboards. Basically I'm looking to squeeze another 2-3 months out of my current components without breaking the bank.

Full model info: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
The rest of my components are listed here if it helps: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43472774&postcount=3968

kennah

Does anyone happen to know which motherboards are suitable replacements for a socket LGA 775, Intel P35 motherboard? I tried googling but all I was getting were links to out of stock motherboards. Basically I'm looking to squeeze another 2-3 months out of my current components without breaking the bank.

Full model info: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
The rest of my components are listed here if it helps: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43472774&postcount=3968

That motherboard is currently 4 generations behind. You'd have a hard time finding any replacement. Try finding something used locally. But looking like new computer time :(

WoodWERD

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I'm planning to move to China this fall so my next purchase will be a laptop, but I'm trying to hold out for haswell. Tough spot to be in :

etrain911

I was just curious, let's say I have a PC and a laptop. Would I be able to transfer large files from the laptop to the PC through the use of cables or like an external hard drive? How would that work? I'm trying to pick between getting a gaming pc and a meh laptop for college or a gaming laptop for college and having a method to seamlessly transfer files would be a major plus for a gaming pc.

Ashhong

Hi guys, could really use help with my comp. I'm mainly struggling to make it perform well with League of Legends. Right now on random days, the game will kind of hang. My champ doesn't respond, and then after a few seconds or more the game will become normal and everything will kind of speed/zoom around into place. It's really annoying and I can't play well with it.

Been trying everything. I overclocked my CPU, I've been TRYING to overclock my GPU. I thought overclocking my GPU fixed it last night but then my comp froze mid game and since then the OC hasn't been working right.

I monitor my GPU in game with my overclock, and sometimes it just stays at a flat 750mhz, even if I set the OC to 800 or whatever. Other times the GPU constantly switches between 500 to 800. The latter seems to give me better performance I think. I don't know why it's staying at 750. I'm using Asus GPU Tweak and GPU-Z to monitor. Any ideas? I know my specs are old but it should be able to handle LoL. I have everything on low, even tried lower resolution settings. Some days it works perfectly, others it doesnt. Shit is frustrating.

E7400 @ 3.4ghz
512mb ASUS 4870

Please helppppp

Hi guys, could really use help with my comp. I'm mainly struggling to make it perform well with League of Legends. Right now on random days, the game will kind of hang. My champ doesn't respond, and then after a few seconds or more the game will become normal and everything will kind of speed/zoom around into place. It's really annoying and I can't play well with it.

Been trying everything. I overclocked my CPU, I've been TRYING to overclock my GPU. I thought overclocking my GPU fixed it last night but then my comp froze mid game and since then the OC hasn't been working right.

I monitor my GPU in game with my overclock, and sometimes it just stays at a flat 750mhz, even if I set the OC to 800 or whatever. Other times the GPU constantly switches between 500 to 800. The latter seems to give me better performance I think. I don't know why it's staying at 750. I'm using Asus GPU Tweak and GPU-Z to monitor. Any ideas? I know my specs are old but it should be able to handle LoL. I have everything on low, even tried lower resolution settings. Some days it works perfectly, others it doesnt. Shit is frustrating.

E7400 @ 3.4ghz
512mb ASUS 4870

Please helppppp

Does it only happen with LoL? Been a few days when LoL servers shitting itself at random times.

knitoe

E7400 @ 3.4ghz
512mb ASUS 4870

Please helppppp

First rule of overclocking, if the PC is crashing, run everything at stock and test. Once you know it's stable, you can start overclocking. Whether you first try the CPU or GPU, test to make sure the overclock is stable. Then, move on to the next hardware and test. Repeat until you are satisfy.

Ashhong

Does it only happen with LoL? Been a few days when LoL servers shitting itself at random times.

I don't play any other games to test, though performance overall in other games like SC2 or Left4Dead are pretty shitty too. I don't think its the server because nobody else I know has ever experienced it. And it can happen at any time.

First rule of overclocking, if the PC is crashing, run everything at stock and test. Once you know it's stable, you can start overclocking. Whether you first try the CPU or GPU, test to make sure the overclock is stable. Then, move on to the next hardware and test. Repeat until you are satisfy.

Well it only happened that once. And I did lower the OC on the GPU. Been stable since then. My issue is the OC just doesn't work that well in the first place. Read my post again, I mention stuff about the settings not staying and such.

Beth Cyra

Hey there PC Gaf.

My GTX 570 is crapping out on me so I'm in need of a new GPU. Thing is I forgot which motherboard I'm using so I can't which card will fit in my mother board. I have a giant case, so size isn't really an issue. So does anyone have a suggestion on how to find out which board it is and which cards will fit it?

Lastly I'm running an intel CPU, so should I stick with Nvidia or is going AMD alright? That and if anyone has a good suggestion for an upgrade to to this card on a 300 dollar or less budget?

Ashhong

Also, when I try to overclock my GPU, if I overclock the memory any amount past the stock OC of 900mhz/3600, my screen starts tearing during game. I looked up a review and these people got it to about 1100hz/4400hz with no problems. Any ideas?

Hey there PC Gaf.

My GTX 570 is crapping out on me so I'm in need of a new GPU. Thing is I forgot which motherboard I'm using so I can't which card will fit in my mother board. I have a giant case, so size isn't really an issue. So does anyone have a suggestion on how to find out which board it is and which cards will fit it?

Lastly I'm running an intel CPU, so should I stick with Nvidia or is going AMD alright? That and if anyone has a good suggestion for an upgrade to to this card on a 300 dollar or less budget?

I'm not a pro at this but pretty sure you can run any standard PCI-E card. The only thing you need to watch out for is if the card uses 2 slots and you only have space for 1. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Also, when I try to overclock my GPU, if I overclock the memory any amount past the stock OC of 900mhz/3600, my screen starts tearing during game. I looked up a review and these people got it to about 1100hz/4400hz with no problems. Any ideas?

Lol, Ashhong, I vaguely recall you attempting to OC your rig sometime ago and posting in this thread. I also recall advising you to use ATI Tray Tools for your 4870, but it didn't work so well for you. That distinctive avatar of yours make it hard to forget your issue lol.

I can only repeat what the others have mentioned above with regards to OCing your GPU, you have to stress test those clocks to ensure stability with an application like Furmark or something similar. Also each invidividual card has its own OC limits, you cannot assume that you'd get what others get with their card, although there is often a ballpark range you can rely on.

Of course, if you've already done that, my bad.

Screen tearing? As in the same screen tearing you'd get without Vsync? Is Vsync on? Have you tried using D3DOverrider for the game? (If you want to maintain a variable framerate and prevent tearing)

Vyer

I was just curious, let's say I have a PC and a laptop. Would I be able to transfer large files from the laptop to the PC through the use of cables or like an external hard drive? How would that work? I'm trying to pick between getting a gaming pc and a meh laptop for college or a gaming laptop for college and having a method to seamlessly transfer files would be a major plus for a gaming pc.

What type of files? I mean an external would of course be a way to transfer anything, but if you're looking to sync certain files or documents a cloud based service like Skydrive may be a better option.

Ashhong

Lol, Ashhong, I vaguely recall you attempting to OC your rig sometime ago and posting in this thread. I also recall advising you to use ATI Tray Tools for your 4870, but it didn't work so well for you. That distinctive avatar of yours make it hard to forget your issue lol.

I can only repeat what the others have mentioned above with regards to OCing your GPU, you have to stress test those clocks to ensure stability with an application like Furmark or something similar. Also each invidividual card has its own OC limits, you cannot assume that you'd get what others get with their card, although there is often a ballpark range you can rely on.

Of course, if you've already done that, my bad.

Screen tearing? As in the same screen tearing you'd get without Vsync? Is Vsync on? Have you tried using D3DOverrider for the game? (If you want to maintain a variable framerate and prevent tearing)

Yea I remember you helping me :D my comp was working ok for a while but I decided I really needed to get it working well again lol

Like I said though, it's not the stability I'm having an issue with. It's the overclock in general that's just not sticking. Not doing whaat I tell it to. However I installed the newest drivers instead of the old ones you told me about and the OC is sticking.

Regarding the tearing, I changed the settings in game for Shadows to be on High and the tearing went away! I play in windowed mode though, and when I switch to another program the tearing resumes. Not sure if there's anything I can do about that, but it's no biggy. Vsync off and still have issues though.

Alright I am trying to get a better idea on threads and hyperthreading.

I just picked up a Core 2 Extreme QX6700 desktop (XPS 710... Beautiful case 1Kilowatt PSW!!! but its BTX...) for a good deal. now this CPU is a quad core with NO hyperthreading, so its 4 cores alone, my i3 330M is 2 cores with 4 threads, is a Simulated core up to par as an actual core? and why is there no Front Side Bus rating on iCPUs?

I am thinking that this chip is comparable to a i5-750 or so.. either way W7 rates it at a 7.1 so thats pretty good.

Jzero

Transfering large files will take a bit of time no matter what power the computer has (unless you buy USB 3.0 devices of course)

Alright I am trying to get a better idea on threads and hyperthreading.

I just picked up a Core 2 Extreme QX6700 desktop (XPS 710... Beautiful case 1Kilowatt PSW!!! but its BTX...) for a good deal. now this CPU is a quad core with NO hyperthreading, so its 4 cores alone, my i3 330M is 2 cores with 4 threads, is a Simulated core up to par as an actual core? and why is there no Front Side Bus rating on iCPUs?

I am thinking that this chip is comparable to a i5-750 or so.. either way W7 rates it at a 7.1 so thats pretty good.

1. They are definitely not on par. Actual cores>Simulated cores via hyperthreading all the time

2. Intel has replaced FSBs with DMI since the first i7 chips came out in 2009. DMIs are on chip memory management units, which means they have much more lower latencies and greater speeds than their previous FSB implementations. After they did this, AMD never stood a chance ever again lol, it's quite ironic since AMD was the first one to pioneer the on chip module in their Athlon 64 chips well before Intel did.

Your QX6700 desktop, old as it may be, can still be quite a workhorse if OCed. Against an OCed i5-750 though? Not a chance. Clock for clock the i5 is better than the Core 2 Quad.

The iX series only really took off for the masses with the 2nd generation Sandy Bridge iteration introduced in 2011.

So, I was in a middle of a gaming session in BF3 and my computer all of sudden had a restart. And upon reading a message in the BIOS telling me about my MOBO detecting a power surge from my power supply.

It worked normally after the restart but again when I was browsing the net for solutions for the problem, I had another restart and this time my computer won't turn back on. It would but only for a split second. Tried replacing a new power cable as was suggested by the seller but unfortunately I had the same results.

My pc was recently built and bought by myself and was working without any hitches for the past 2 weeks

Specc

i5 3570k
16gb ram
asus gtx 670
1tb hd
2x bitfenix led lights
windows 7 ultimate
Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

Zeroth

So, I'm having a problem with my internet connection on Windows 8. For some reason, my internet symbol is locked on this. I checked, and I can't access wireless networks even when I'm not using the ethernet cable, and it will stay like that even if I have no internet. I tried troubleshooting but got nothing, and attempting to access my network status and tasks locks me on a loading screen. The only way to use the internet is with an ethernet cable, and even then the symbol doesn't change.

Any clue on what is going on?

Septimus

Hey tech Gaf, on my Windows 7 PC my wireless mouse and keyboard combo (Logitech mk300) suddenly stopped working and I cannot get them back working again.

Tried plugging the receiver in the PS3 and they work fine on that. And even when plugged into the computer they show up in device manager and such. Anyone know how to fix this?

Colin.

I'm experiencing a strange issue with my monitor. I tried searching for the problem with my specific monitor (LG Flatron W2254TQ) and monitors in general, and couldn't find anything about it. From time to time, the touch control lights on the front will go on for around 2 seconds, stop for another 2 seconds, and go on again, without me being near it let alone touching it. It will do this for a short while and stop. The monitor still works, but it has been bugging me. Any advice?

Hey gaf, I have a problem with my logitech rx250 wired optical mouse: basically when I try to move it all the way across the mousepad at a high speed (like when I play fps and try to do a 180) the pointer seems to stop/bounce back to the opposite direction of where I am moving the mouse. Changing drivers and changing mouse sensitivity does nothing to mitigate the problem. Is it time to get a new one? Im on windows 7

Hey gaf, I have a problem with my logitech rx250 wired optical mouse: basically when I try to move it all the way across the mousepad at a high speed (like when I play fps and try to do a 180) the pointer seems to stop/bounce back to the opposite direction of where I am moving the mouse. Changing drivers and changing mouse sensitivity does nothing to mitigate the problem. Is it time to get a new one? Im on windows 7

what kind of mouse surface are you playing on? Have you tried moving your mouse on another surface?

what kind of mouse surface are you playing on? Have you tried moving your mouse on another surface?
hmm I don't have another mousepad atm, but I tried to use the dark wood library surface I got beside my desk, and I can't seem to be able to replicate the issue. Currently im using a mousepad wish a rough surface and this picture on it. Now that I'm paying attention some parts of it seem to have got smooth, so maybe that's what's causing this.

Tc91

Hey there!

I have a problem with my monitor, it's listed as a Generic non-pnp monitor instead of showing my monitor's name/brand.

Been looking for a fix for this for ages and it's driving me insane. Any help is appreciated.

Hey there!

I have a problem with my monitor, it's listed as a Generic non-pnp monitor instead of showing my monitor's name/brand.

Been looking for a fix for this for ages and it's driving me insane. Any help is appreciated.

Did your monitor came packaged with any drivers?

It is working with that name anyway? If it is, you don't have to bother with unless there's a specfic function of the monitor you'd need with the proper monitor name?

Still haven't resolved my previous issue of random freezing. Starting to think it may be something other than gpu related. Have been running HDD tests, both software and physically removing hardware.

My SSD test comes back as this. 54% but 'excellent'?

PS3 connection issues:

This problem just came up about a week ago. I wanted to watch some Netflix on my PS3 (I'm starting the Twilight Zone, in case you care). It got about 30 seconds in, before just buffering at 25% indefinitely. Ok, try again. Same result. Leave it alone for a few days because I wasn't around anyways.

I try again today. Same result. I try some other online activities on the PS3. The store barely loads, and I can't get anywhere in it. A demo on my download list will download successfully (normal speeds, I mean) for about the first 100-200 megs, and then it just stops. When testing the network via the PS3 system settings, everything is successful until the two very last entries: connection download speed and connection upload speed. Those both just say failed. I've tried about a dozen times.

PS3 is hooked up via wifi. No other wireless devices (phone, laptop, etc.) having any other issues with the internet. Wifi signals sits around 95 to 100 percent strength according to the system settings. I disabled the PS3's internet a few times, restarted the system, input the wireless network info in again, etc. After testing the connection immediately when putting in the settings again, the test does pass (I get about 8Mbps download and 1Mbps upload). That's the only time it passes, though.

EDIT: Reset the router/modem several times, as well.

Top Bottom