• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection" will be discontinued in Japan on March 29, 2024 on Steam

zokie

i got the xbox version after redeeming a $10 xbox digital gift card from accumulating xbox points for a long time via a long time

Goalus

i got the xbox version after redeeming a $10 xbox digital gift card from accumulating xbox points for a long time via a long time
Same here, €14.99 with €5 in MS rewards🙂

Last edited:

Fahdis

So do we have to snatch up digital games quickly, just in case they disappear in the near future? This is one of those games I want, but only when it gets dirt cheap. I know this is just Japan but it seems to be happening more and more recently.

I'm gonna make a thread about this I guess.

Schmick

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge is free this month with Amazon Prime Gaming (11th July)

Sorcerer

This is kind of dumb. I mean I have both Steam and physical Switch copies , but such a short license term is terrible as folks won’t have a chance to discover and purchase the games down the line.

So… they will sail the high seas and then Corpos make pikachu face about piracy.
I guess the short term gains are enough for the licenser. Sales slow down, they create fomo it they have a rep for doing this often enough and they get a sales burst at the end of the license, at least the publisher does. Not sure if the licenser gets a fee upfront along with part of the sales. Then they always have a chance to re-license the game down the line.
Licensing is a total win for the one holding the license if they play their cards right. A total loss for the gamer.
I would like to think if I made games I would avoid license's completely, but I guess originality is probably an uphill battle for most in comparison.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

The thread title says March... we are in July... the game still here... am I missing something ?

Edit: Japan only.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I got this digital when it was on sale for Switch just for the convenience factor and online play. I usually go physical but I already have OG versions of some of these games that will still last longer than all Switch hardware in existence. Getting redundant.

As for Shredder's Revenge, the complete-on-cart version you'd be wise to wait for has crappy box art. Meh...

Top Bottom