• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

AAK

GrayFoxPL said:
AAK, do you have source vid from that "Kazpachi" gif?
Oh and Kaz has Omen TGF? Woah.

Right here :D

Tizoc said:
I know =(
BTW How's Dragonuv in TTT2? Who's a good partner for him?

According to Aris he's a lot better than he was in Tekken 6 simply because of his new b+1,2 which is a high crush move... a tool he never had in T6. And he also makes a great tag assault partner with his f+4,4,3 string. so far he's got a unique tag grab with Bryan who's also very solid. But as for specific tag partners, Drag seems compatible with anyone. It's usually where characters like Feng who have very poor juggle damage can be complemented with another character to compensate for that with tag combo's/tag assaults. But Dragunov seems to be a complete package (based on the location test versions) so anyone you're comfortable with should be good!

ReXXXSoprano said:
http://youtu.be/yxE5_lLTatY

YouTube link for the above because somebody's gonna ask for it.

Thanks! :)

Chiave

That Panda Xiaoyu combo was my favorite part of the trailer.

It's weird how dope all the trailers for TTT2 have been.

AAK

I couldn't resist.....

iPigqteJAS36y.gif

Step aside Zangief!... Bow to your new SPD overlord!

Chiave said:
That Panda Xiaoyu combo was my favorite part of the trailer.

:D

Sayah

AAK said:
I couldn't resist.....

iPigqteJAS36y.gif

Step aside Zangief!... Bow to your new SPD overlord!

:D
Loving that first gif.
Anyway, I was gonna watch more arcade videos but nobody seems to want to use or experiment with any tag combos yet. Would also love more Nina + Anna gameplay.

Sayah

AAK said:
Some GREAT new 60 fps Anna footage right here:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15650484

That new knee into bound really helps her!

EDIT: If you don't have a nicovid account (not in 60fps though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thlMkY7-TYQ
Just watched it. That knee bound should definitely help Anna a lot. I've been spending most of my time in Tekken 6 with Anna now. Want to have her as good as Nina by the time Tag 2 arrives and that may very well take up to a year (literally) just learning all her tricks and tweaks that can be done.

AAK

Sayah said:
We need a gif for that win pose.

Some direct feed footage of it should surface... and I'll do it for sure :)

Soulstar said:
But that's not even a Spinning Piledriver, it's a Spinning Powerbomb.

Quite bein' a spoilsport and play along! :p

Anyways some more replay footage, skill levels aren't as high here though compared to the other non direct feeds out there:

Nina/Steve vs Leo/Miguel

Bryan/Steve vs Ling/Leo

King/Wang vs Jin/Ling

King/Leo vs Kazuya/Devil Jin

Bruce/Lars vs Lili/Jinpachi

Still leaning towards Dragunov/Jack6

I may finally sit down and pick up someone else... I always wanted to get better with Kuma as well as a few other characters. Been a dream of mine to get comfy with A.King but never can get that feeling when I sit down with him

Sayah

Thinking of other characters that could make it into Tekken Tag 2 console versions.

Could be likely returning characters (hopefully):
Kunimitsu seems likely and needs a new moveset to differentiate her from Yoshi.
Michelle with a new/enhanced moveset
Angel with a completely new moveset
Dr. B with an enhanced moveset.
Human Ogre with enhanced moveset

Not very likely returning/new characters (but still would be cool to have):
Gon
Jane (always wanted her as a playable character with some form of fighting style)
Dr. Abel (would be an interesting match/rival with Dr. B)
Kazumi (possibly first person to contact devil gene.....would be nice to see a Devil Kazumi and it would help explain some events in the story).

Some characters like Dr. Abel and Kazumi are presumed dead but (just like Jun), they are not confirmed to be dead (only presumed to be) within the storyline.

MightyKAC

Sayah said:
Thinking of other characters that could make it into Tekken Tag 2 console versions.

Could be likely returning characters (hopefully):
Kunimitsu seems likely and needs a new moveset to differentiate her from Yoshi.
Michelle with a new/enhanced moveset
Angel with a completely new moveset
Dr. B with an enhanced moveset.
Human Ogre with enhanced moveset

Gon
Jane (always wanted her as a playable character with some form of fighting style)
Kazumi (possibly first person to contact devil gene.....would be nice to see a Devil Kazumi and it would help explain some events in the story).

Some characters like Dr. Abel and Kazumi are presumed dead but (just like Jun), they are not confirmed to be dead (only presumed to be) within the storyline.
Miharu and Alex would cool additions as well, even if they are just pallet swaps.

Sayah

MightyKAC said:
Miharu and Alex would cool additions as well, even if they are just pallet swaps.
My only problem with that would be Miharu and Alex possibly having their own separate screens like Panda and Kuma and Christie and Eddy in Tag 2. Whereas some of us will have to learn two characters, others will only have to do half the work if their team is composed of clones. Just watch this Kuma/Panda MADNESS.

I would much prefer it if Miharu and Alex had different movesets (with a few similarities) from Xiaoyu and Roger Jr. respectively. Sort of like how Anna got changed from being a Nina clone and got her own dedicated moveset in Tekken 5.

Tizoc

AAK said:
According to Aris he's a lot better than he was in Tekken 6 simply because of his new b+1,2 which is a high crush move... a tool he never had in T6. And he also makes a great tag assault partner with his f+4,4,3 string. so far he's got a unique tag grab with Bryan who's also very solid. But as for specific tag partners, Drag seems compatible with anyone. It's usually where characters like Feng who have very poor juggle damage can be complemented with another character to compensate for that with tag combo's/tag assaults. But Dragunov seems to be a complete package (based on the location test versions) so anyone you're comfortable with should be good!
Wicked \m/
BTW does Paul have his super punch attack in TTT2? What's it's motion?

Throavium

Sayah said:
Gon

I'd rather them put in characters that matter instead of characters that had no real story involvement.

Tizoc said:
Wicked \m/
BTW does Paul have his super punch attack in TTT2? What's it's motion?

Death Fist? Its still qcf+2
The Super Burning Death Fist(unblockable) should still be b,b+1+2 too If thats what your wondering about.

And as good as it might be to see some characters back in after T.Ogre and Jun, tbh I want new characters like they did in T6. Out of all the new ones in T6 the only unlikeable folk I found were Alisa and Lars and that was due to the wonkey scenario campaign mode. Bob slightly annoying because he is just so easy to use. :p

LowParry

It's nice to see a lot of Ling and Leo replays. Seems people are still playing it safe so far with the game. Probably won't see a lot of the crazy tag stuff for a while. Hopefully Tekken Crash picks this up.

BadWolf

Any solid Lei action?

Hope he's higher tier this time so we can see more of him.

How's the balance so far btw? More character variation than T6?

TreIII

Sayah said:
My only problem with that would be Miharu and Alex possibly having their own separate screens like Panda and Kuma and Christie and Eddy in Tag 2. Whereas some of us will have to learn two characters, others will only have to do half the work if their team is composed of clones. Just watch this Kuma/Panda MADNESS.

I would much prefer it if Miharu and Alex had different movesets (with a few similarities) from Xiaoyu and Roger Jr. respectively. Sort of like how Anna got changed from being a Nina clone and got her own dedicated moveset in Tekken 5.

That'd be nice too. But furthermore, like I've said in this thread already, I just want Alex back on the sheer principle that a boxing raptor > boxing kangaroo! :lol

Even though I know it's very early to determine the list of tiers, seeing Zafina near the top shocks and excites me at the same time.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Seeing TTT2 and i'm playing Tekken 6 again, but it just ain't cutting it.

Any estimates on a console date? Curious about the possibility of new characters or bowl-esque modes :D

SkylineRKR

It would make sense if TTT2 will make it to the consoles around October 2012. Bloodline Rebellion took a year to arrive on consoles as well.

Hope its earlier though but early 2012 has been covered by SCV and SFxTekken so I doubt it.

AAK

grap3fruitman said:
How does DOA still have the titty-fighter stigma attached to it again? =P

Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur have long since left Tekken/DOA in the dust when it comes to fan-service in 3D fighting games!

So far Japanese impressions summarized in the TZ thread have been:

-Kazuya, Devil Jin, Heihachi all got buffs throughout with very few nerfs making them undisputed top tiers by far. But I have no problems with that, it take so much hard work to get that good with those characters.

-True Ogre is considered the weakest. Despite his long rage for his moves the pathetic properties of those moves work so much against him with the improved movement in TTT2 to the extent where he has such ridiculous risks for everything with reward no where near in proportion.

-Alisa seems like she got the heavies nerf out of everyone in Tekken 6, she's not all that good now. Nina, Law, & Julia got nerfed quite a bit as well but they all agreed that they're still very dangerous characters.

Doomshine

Throavium said:
How was Law nerfed?
Off the top of my head:

No more DSS autoparry (this still true?), 4,3 no longer jails, f+2, 2, 2 no longer a natural combo. d/b+3 -14 on block and less frame advantage on hit e.t.c.

Top Bottom