• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

AAK

Damn, awesome find FW! Hope they add the rest of the series as well. :D

And TTT2 cabinets in Japan should be getting a massive update towards the end of next week. I'm sure this'll probably include customizations and hopefully some balance patches like Lili's trolling sandwich combo's.

AAK said:
Damn, awesome find FW! Hope they add the rest of the series as well. :D

And TTT2 cabinets in Japan should be getting a massive update towards the end of next week. I'm sure this'll probably include customizations and hopefully some balance patches like Lili's trolling sandwich combo's.
I wouldn't mind getting sammiched by Lili

AAK

RelentlessRolento said:
I wouldn't mind getting sammiched by Lili
Finaika said:

I see... This banapassport should suit you guys pretty well :p

And now Steve is joining the sandwich party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI4NoXt6R0Y

And in other news, here are the top 10 TTT2 ranked players currently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL_wcaAZlMU

inakazama from TZ.com said:
1. fridge (reizouko) Lars/Miguel
2. onri (famous JP asuka) Asuka/Yoshimitsu
3. you the low Steve/Bruce
4. lion in rehab (raion rihabirichuu) Bob/Marduk
5. pie-derman? (paidaaman) Lee/Lars
6. arablet? (araburetto) Heihachi/King
7. sin Heihachi/Jinpachi
8. oshanti? Kazuya/Armor King
9. ?? Feng/Julia
10. university aristocrat (daigaku kizoku) Lee/Miguel

AAK

Thanks to Baraka from TZ.com:

http://andriasang.com/comydc/

Tekken Hybrid is coming out December 1st. But unfortunately, people in Japan will have to pay ¥7,140 for it. :/

EDIT: I guess that's the Japanese release date only. NA is still November 22. Europe is still awaiting for an announcement.

Cypher

Limited Edition:

81XsD1g%2BHSL._AA1500_.jpg

Sayah

The soundtrack for Tekken Hybrid will have two CD's. Confirmed on Twitter by Harada. :D

Emperor Bohe said:
Does anyone know if anybody still plays Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on PSN online nymore?
I want to purchase it but at the moment, I only have Tekken 6. Perhaps some others here have it.

Emperor Bohe said:
Does anyone know if anybody still plays Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on PSN online nymore?
Even if there were, I wouldn't recommend it. Netcode is really bad, moves come out 2-3 second after you imput them.

Got one of those shirts at the namco panel at evo. My bro's tekken 6 pool started the sametime as the panel so I ended up giving it to him since he couldnt attend. Glad I now have a chance to get one for myself.

LowParry

Getting one of those shirts for the wife. :D She will be most pleased.

And what was with some new big update they're doing soon?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
_dementia said:
wow, those shirts are only slightly less ugly than the Tekken Tapout shirts :(

lol no way, they are awesome!

I love it because of the Heihachi icon... Which Harada-san meticulously recreates everytime he signs autographs lol...

Sayah

Kimosabae said:
When does Tekken Hybrid come out?
Gamestop has it listed as Nov. 22 but I think I also read elsewhere that it was December 1.
Just really hoping they add Nina and Anna into Prologue since they're the only other major characters from the film (aside from Panda, I suppose).

Edit: Never mind, the release date is confirmed to be Nov. 22.

AAK

MarkMan said:
I have something special for Tekken fans in the coming weeks.

<3

If it's a stick I beg beg beg YOU to make a stick with the layout similar to the Namco NOIR
cabinets or the HRAP3 Tekken 6 layout:

3templates.jpg

I can't play on any of the other sticks like Hori V3, MCZ TE's because they just don't give my left hand enough room to do movements. I usually rest my thumb on the space inbetween the stick and buttons and when I play on those other sticks, i keep hitting my thumb screwing me over... But I am a minority so if you find my complaint invalid, it's fair enough :(

But regardless... anticipating your announcement :)
CcrooK said:
And what was with some new big update they're doing soon?

It's not an update necessarily, but I'm assuming it will be one. It's essentially a new type of kit for arcade operators to purchase which includes the cabinets, pcbs, etc. which could automatically update the T6 cabs, among many other things: http://am-net.xtr.jp/game/profile.cgi?_v=1284809544

I'm assuming the data in these new kits will have balance updates along with the customizations and (hopefully) P2 outfits.

In other news, latest popularity ranking as of 09/29:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOozmUozz_s

1. Lars
2. Armor King
3. King
4. Asuka
5. Bryan
6. Lili
7. Jun
8. Kazuya
9. Dragunov
10. Paul
11. Leo
12. Julia
13. Devil Jin
14. Jinpachi
15. Jack-6
16. Seve
17. Miguel
18. Heihachi
19. Jin
20. Feng
21. Marduk
22. Alisa
23. Nina
24. Yoshimitsu
25. Lee
26. Bruce
27. Law
28. Xiaoyu
29. Hwoarang
30. Anna
31. Zafina
32. Bob
33. True Ogre
34. Raven
35. Lei
36. Kuma
37. Eddy
38. Baek
39. Wang
40. Panda
41. Christie
42. Ganryu
43. Roger Jr.
44. Mokujin

sephi22

1. Lars
2. Armor King
3. King
4. Asuka
5. Bryan
6. Lili
7. Jun
8. Kazuya
9. Dragunov
10. Paul
11. Leo
12. Julia
13. Devil Jin
14. Jinpachi
15. Jack-6
16. Seve
17. Miguel
18. Heihachi
19. Jin
20. Feng
21. Marduk
22. Alisa
23. Nina
24. Yoshimitsu
25. Lee
26. Bruce
27. Law
28. Xiaoyu
29. Hwoarang
30. Anna
31. Zafina
32. Bob
33. True Ogre
34. Raven
35. Lei
36. Kuma
37. Eddy
38. Baek
39. Wang
40. Panda
41. Christie
42. Ganryu
43. Roger Jr.
44. Mokujin

Bolded my characters. Fuck yeah on AK and Dragunov. Shame to see Anna so low. Kuma and Raven are expected.

AAK

I hope Namco notices how it's not worth having Eddy/Christie and Kuma/Panda pallette swaps and how it would be SO MUCH better if they make them unique for a change.

AAK said:
I hope Namco notices how it's not worth having Eddy/Christie and Kuma/Panda pallette swaps and how it would be SO MUCH better if they make them unique for a change.

I can get behind making Eddy and Christie unique but one bear is enough. Panda should remain a costume swap.

Sayah

AAK said:
YES. They successfully transitioned Anna with her own unique moveset (so much fun to play with her). They should do the same for Christie and Panda.

As far as the list, it's a surprise to see Armor King so high. I didn't think he was that popular. :p

Also surprised to see Bob, Baek, Eddy and Christie so low.

AAK

Sayah said:
As far as the list, it's a surprise to see Armor King so high. I didn't think he was that popular. :p

Dude it's King... but with ARMOR how can you not be floored at his presence! Lol. Jokes aside, something you have to notice about all the characters in the top 3 is that they're all iSW characters. Only other iSW character is Julia and it's expected for female characters to have overall lower character usage over males. But that just shows how powerful an iSW is in this game being a super powerful tag assault ender... Especially Lars who can freaking combo out of it! :p

Plus Armor King has Dark Upper, that automatically makes him popular with the Mishima crowd. :p

And EWGFridays are live! Schwarzenegger intro imminent!

Sayah

AAK said:
Dude it's King... but with ARMOR how can you not be floored at his presence! Lol. Jokes aside, something you have to notice about all the characters in the top 3 is that they're all iSW characters. Only other iSW character is Julia and it's expected for female characters to have overall lower character usage over males. But that just shows how powerful an iSW is in this game being a super powerful tag assault ender... Especially Lars who can freaking combo out of it! :p

Plus Armor King has Dark Upper, that automatically makes him popular with the Mishima crowd. :p

And EWGFridays are live! Schwarzenegger intro imminent!
I had to look up what iSW meant. I hardly know any terminology in fighters, lol.
But yes, I suppose that could explain Lars and Armor King at the top. I think Lars just gained his in Tag 2. Don't recall people using it in T6 with him.

AAK

Lars had it in T6, just that you could get a lot more damage out of d/b+2~f,1 followed by some other juggle filler, or even better d/b+2~f,3 followed by oki setups. The only place it was best to use was in a low parry combo... but it was so hard to do. See it applied here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH4C1q3K6ko

But with TTT2, Lars can do his shoulder at the wall after it!

Sayah

AAK said:
Lars had it in T6, just that you could get a lot more damage out of d/b+2~f,1 followed by some other juggle filler, or even better d/b+2~f,3 followed by oki setups. The only place it was best to use was in a low parry combo... but it was so hard to do. See it applied here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH4C1q3K6ko

But with TTT2, Lars can do his shoulder at the wall after it!
Interesting.......
Also didn't know Nina could inflict the most damage from parries. If only I could consistently do the fluttering butterfly. ;_;

_dementia said:
My boy Sergei in the top 10 representing

Hey, we share the same child then ^_^

what's iSW again? I'm so use to just seeing WS for alot of shit... I always thought namco fighters were awesome for using WS since i don't know of other fighters that use that.

Sayah

RelentlessRolento said:
Hey, we share the same child then ^_^

what's iSW again? I'm so use to just seeing WS for alot of shit... I always thought namco fighters were awesome for using WS since i don't know of other fighters that use that.

In the recent Tekken Tag 2: Tag Assault trailer, you can see Julia and Lars doing iSW at the end of the combos. It's when they run up and do a grab-esque attack at the end of a juggle. I don't use any characters that can do it. Probably why I don't know much about it.

Sayah

CcrooK said:
Is there a track list for that soundtrack? I'd expect it not to be a full soundtrack...
I don't think there has been any mention of a track list yet. It will contain two CD's, though (one featuring music from Tag 1 and the other featuring music from Tag 2.....I think).

Top Bottom