• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

I am legit looking forward to this. Sorry everyone that can't play it. They could have made this their big announcement and I would have been completely happy.

Edit: Anyone living in states surrounding NY (specifically NJ) is also in luck. You have trains from all over going to Penn Station on 34th street and can just walk up to 42nd in like 10 minutes or something.

Numb

Actually felt more excitement from the balance patch than the main announcement lol.
Let's just hope they fixed all the crashing aswell from the Tekken Crash tournament before evo.

Pachimari

I'm sorry to say that I'm getting really tired of Project Tekken and Bandai Namco's marketing for this game.

Such a huge disappointment today's announcement has been for me.

Sayah

Well, I was upset but can't say I am any longer. :) :) :) :)

I hope this is a chance for the arcade scene to grow again in America. I was never a part of it before but I will try my best to be now. It gets tiring to see other people playing the game while you're just sitting there watching youtube videos.

I hope the popularity of the game blows up in USA and it becomes very economically feasible for Namco to spread it out in other states/countries so everyone can have access.

Sayah

Well, facebook is definitely not pleased with this announcement either.

WNNNlUx.jpg

Namco. Please realize. It's a globalized world in the year of 2015. Even if you make an announcement in all Japanese letters. Somebody's going to translate that to English and make it known to the world. Change your marketing. Please.

Manbig

I'm with that guy that wants Tag 2 on Vita. I'd be more hyped for that than to play a Mardukless Tekken 7.

Dead serious.

Sigh.

I -guess- a Namco Cup is pretty cool beans and i'm happy for the US folks that will be able to play it. \o/

I guess i'll just sit here and wait patiently or something though, yeah? Look at my hype levels, Namco.

Sayah

I would much rather have Tag 2 on PC. Vita is a dead handheld.

Anyways, I'm also Williams-less. Will have to learn one of the returning characters so I know what I'm doing when I get there.

Memorizing Claudio/Katarina command lists beforehand without any actual application seems kind of tiring.

Numb

Played more Tekken 6 on Vita in the last couple of months more than anything else so i am down for Tag 2 being on Vita/PS4/PC.

Manbig

DEATH™;171155698 said:
Why Vita if you can put Tekken Tag 2 to the hands of the PC Master Race?

Because I use the train a lot for work and I wanna play that shit on the go. I'm still rocking the PSP port of Tekken 6 on my Vita.

AAK

Harada once even promised a Tekken Revolution Vita port if it reached 2 million downloads... You can tell how much faith namco has in that system for games that aren't visual novel or monster hunter clones.

Sayah

Tekken 3DS isn't anything to write home about.
Vita is literally dead. I don't blame Namco for not releasing Tekken there. Not a wise business decision. If I was running Namco, I sure as hell wouldn't either.

Would anyone want them to put off T7 console for another year or so just to get a vita or PC version of TTT2 though? Which probably wouldn't sell too great anyway.

DEATH™

Because I use the train a lot for work and I wanna play that shit on the go. I'm still rocking the PSP port of Tekken 6 on my Vita.

Oh ok. I forgot you are from east coast.

But still, PC Master Race first, Vita second :p

Would anyone want them to put off T7 console for another year or so just to get a vita or PC version of TTT2 though? Which probably wouldn't sell too great anyway.

I want that more. TTT2 PC will be bigger than T7.

The large roster and its expansive game engine partnered with mods, both costume/models and game mechanics will make Tag 2 on PC a GOTForever that will shame T7.

Which is why its a long shot of happening. Namco will literally lose profits as it will pretty much make any future tekken releases obsolete. If people can mod DR with bound and T6 with tailspin, Tag 2 PC with better modding will pretty much make T7 obsolete (and currently, Tag 2 as it is, is still the better game over current T7! Imagine if there are mods!). Why do that if you are namco?

sasuke_91

Thanks, Namco. You remind me again that Tekken 7 is not a competitive game. It's a game a few selected people in the world are able to play before you run dry and have to release it for the rest of the world 2 years later.
"Next week we have a big announcement for all players of the Arcade Version" would have been enough for me to not get excited. Seriously, I don't even find this funny anymore.
I lowered my expectations, thinking the big announcement would be a character reveal and I was STILL disappointed.

I don't even care anymore. T7 is basically dead for me. I'm not going to wait for it and I'm not going to get excited ever again. Sorry AAK for ever doubting you and your negativity.

And congrats to Sayah and the other guys for being able to play the game in your area. That's great news :)

Well there aint nothing we can do about it.
Bring it to IKEA or some MediaMarkt or something. I would go.

MediaMarkt would definitely be able to make some money out of it. Back in the T3 days we would always go to MadiaMarkt/Saturn just to play T3 on the PS1 they set up there. It was really cool.
Just give us a chance to try out the game. Europe has a huge Tekken fanbase, why ignore them like they're disposable?

"Next week we have a big announcement for all players of the Arcade Version" would have been enough for me to not get excited.

Agree. I would have much preferred that choice of words.
What a huge letdown for everyone except a VERY select few. A letdown that also comes with a massive price tag.

AZUMIKE

Yup, this is a HUGE announcement for arcade players. But its also a decent announcement for console players. While its a bummer console folks aren't getting the game soon, I'd think the success of the arcade version is also good for the console release. Although it'll be East Asia vs the world, I'm glad this brings hype for the game.

Sayah

Thanks, Namco. You remind me again that Tekken 7 is not a competitive game. It's a game a few selected people in the world are able to play before you run dry and have to release it for the rest of the world 2 years later.
"Next week we have a big announcement for all players of the Arcade Version" would have been enough for me to not get excited. Seriously, I don't even find this funny anymore.
I lowered my expectations, thinking the big announcement would be a character reveal and I was STILL disappointed.

I don't even care anymore. T7 is basically dead for me. I'm not going to wait for it and I'm not going to get excited ever again. Sorry AAK for ever doubting you and your negativity.

And congrats to Sayah and the other guys for being able to play the game in your area. That's great news :)

I was in your exact same shoes until I heard of the game coming to NYC. But I completely understand the position you're in. I imagine a lot more people are feeling this way now based off of Facebook comments as well.

At this point, Namco should just stop making announcements of an announcement to get people all riled up for nothing. Unless it really is something big, just release news on the spot and people get the information as it comes. Nobody wants to stay up at night, wait all day and then find out the big news they were teasing doesn't pertain to them in any way and only to the small minority of Tekken fans that actually have the arcade version playable.

Doomshine

From Murray's tweets I get the impression that their arcade division is this separate entity that just doesn't give a fuck about anything else, but if that's the case they really need better communication because these days that shit just doesn't fly and it's hurting their other audiences.

Sayah

From Murray's tweets I get the impression that their arcade division is this separate entity that just doesn't give a fuck about anything else, but if that's the case they really need better communication because these days that shit just doesn't fly and it's hurting their other audiences.

All they had to say was "a big announcement for arcade fans coming soon" and everybody would have been fine.

Perhaps they'll have something of consequence at SDCC. <.<

One can hope.

It's just going to be discussion about Tekken art.

Don't even bother getting your hopes up. They're only going to come crashing down. :p

$80,000 is waaay too much. There is no reason to payout that much for a tournament that will have such limited exposure. You hold tournaments like these to create exposure and excitement for your product. How much more profit is this going to make Namco considering the limited number of people that can participate or be invested in it?

DEATH™

I will knock down Namco's door if Pokken don't come to Wii U.

And seriously, I wanna see how Nina and Lei turns out in Tekke. 7, but I'm patient.

Don't get your hopes up for Lei. As I explained alot before, Lei has a big chance to be cut from this game on the same reasons Capos are cut from this game...

Well let's see if Pokken is even a good game before we start console begging. The arcade Mario Karts weren't better than their console variants and they weren't missed (not the greatest comparison I know).

Gambit61

Looks like I'm gonna visit NYC sooner than I thought this year. Wish they actually had dates set up though. Damn these announcements of announcements.

AAK

The disappointment has made me so sick. I need to lie down and rest.

I went through this phase over the past couple of months. It let my mind finally realize Bandai Namco for what they've become, and also made me be content knowing the future of this series will never eclipse the caliber of the previous iterations.

Some good things came from it, I've been searching for other things to be passionate about, recently been reading up a lot on fixing my diet along with other ways to make my day more productive. I guess this kind of thing had to happen for me to finally grow up a little.

Sayah

Off-topic: Trying to find living options in NYC is annoying. Craigslist is filled with fake advertisements for apartments. Yeah, I totally trust you providing a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment for $800/month at Union Square of all places. Ugggggggh. Wish there was a way to filter out all the scams. It's even listing a freaking attached garage. In the middle of the city? Yeah, sure. :lol.

AAK

Are you living alone or plan to get roommates? Something I always do when finding a new place to live is to look for Universities and colleges with students looking for roomates or even subletting their place to other people. And even after that you can see those addresses and scope out a location from those areas they post.

Sayah

Not looking for roommates. I don't like sharing. :p
I finished my degree and have now enjoyed two or so months of free-time (which I really needed) so now getting back in the workforce after quitting my old job recently. Need to find some place in the city and get things rolling.

AAK

Regardless, same principle, find those locations where students are looking for roommates, in those apartment complexes see if they have any bachelor vacancies and stuff. What I always do is check the MSA group of each university and see if they have a classfield or notice for anyone looking for roommates. Start there, and then scope those areas for the best prices and optimal locations.

But I'm just spouting Canadian ways of doing things, might be completely different in NYC :p

Sayah

Thanks for the tip.

Also, I wish I had joined my University's MSA and other things. Really had no time for any of that before. :/

lupinko

I would much rather have Tag 2 on PC. Vita is a dead handheld.

Anyways, I'm also Williams-less. Will have to learn one of the returning characters so I know what I'm doing when I get there.

Memorizing Claudio/Katarina command lists beforehand without any actual application seems kind of tiring.

Oh Katarina is easy to learn, her stuff is fairly straightforward.

Sayah

Oh Katarina is easy to learn, her stuff is fairly straightforward.

I'll have to memorize her command list and bnb combos through youtube videos then. I guess I'll go through it. :)

It's just easier to have a character in practice mode and I can apply each move as I go so I can get a feel for the moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom