• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Rarely happens so might be cool next time.Doom is pretty good but i say you are the one that improves everytime Sasuke. Gray figured me out that one time and i have been getting bodied since.

sasuke_91

Rarely happens so might be cool next time.Doom is pretty good but i say you are the one that improves everytime Sasuke. Gray figured me out that one time and i have been getting bodied since.

I improve, but my gameplay is still lacking. I try to be on point, but what comes out at the end is just randomnes :p
The only advantage I have over Doomshine is my execution, but that isn't enough^^

TekkenGAF has some pretty great players if you think about it.

Numb

I improve, but my gameplay is still lacking. I try to be on point, but what comes out at the end is just randomnes :p
The only advantage I have over Doomshine is my execution, but that isn't enough^^

TekkenGAF has some pretty great players if you think about it.

Leave the randomness to me.Your excecution is amazing. Lord knows how many sidestep into Blue spark kicks i've eaten from you. I am at my best before you get to fight me enough to figure me out. TekkenGAF is pretty beast but i might not be even in the top 10 i believe. Relying on Mokujin too mcuh has fucked me up hardcore.

Being as happy as winning if i connect an unblockable too has given me low standards. The ultimate casual.

Pachimari

Metal Gear Solid is like one of the best series, and I were a "hardcore" fan back then, but then Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots happened and it ruined everything for me. So I dropped the series that were once my favorite, but I'll be back to play Kojima's swansong - The Phantom Pain.

Numb

Metal Gear Solid is like one of the best series, and I were a "hardcore" fan back then, but then Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots happened and it ruined everything for me. So I dropped the series that were once my favorite, but I'll be back to play Kojima's swansong - The Phantom Pain.

First time i ever ditched school was when i went to
Shadow moses
in MGS4. My hype was pretty high at that time and i am sure MGSV will be the greatest. We got our GOAT already.

Pachimari

First time i ever ditched school was when i went to
Shadow moses
in MGS4. My hype was pretty high at that time and i am sure MGSV will be the greatest. We got our GOAT already.

I'm still unsure about MGSV. Don't get me wrong, I love what I'm seeing of FOB, MGO and I like all of the mechanics and controls in both Ground Zeroes and what I have seen of The Phantom Pain. I'm sure the story will surprise, but I'm just kind of "bored" of the two countries we have seen, and hope we'll get a little more. I doubt it can beat MGS1 and MGS2 for me, but I'm sure it is gonna be an awesome game. Just wish I could find it for $35 on PC.

Anyway, back to our beloved Tekken. Have they said anything about, when we'll get to see the update or new characters?

AAK

Nooooo Spoiler that Numb! Sasuke hasn't played MGS4 yet! :p

But yeah, MGS4 is a masterpiece for me. It was a phenomenal game by itself, but probably the most impressive thing was how Kojima actually managed to tie up all the lose storyline plot points for the game. I didn't think it was possible.... but he did.

Numb

I'm still unsure about MGSV. Don't get me wrong, I love what I'm seeing of FOB, MGO and I like all of the mechanics and controls in both Ground Zeroes and what I have seen of The Phantom Pain. I'm sure the story will surprise, but I'm just kind of "bored" of the two countries we have seen, and hope we'll get a little more. I doubt it can beat MGS1 and MGS2 for me, but I'm sure it is gonna be an awesome game. Just wish I could find it for $35 on PC.

Anyway, back to our beloved Tekken. Have they said anything about, when we'll get to see the update or new characters?
With how obssesed Kojima was i am sure he did everything he could to leave it in an awesome state if not atleast good. I am sure there is alot more in waiting we haven't seen if they are showing these 40min demos left and right.

No idea when we will see new stuff but Harada said after EVO so any day now.

sasuke_91

Leave the randomness to me.Your excecution is amazing. Lord knows how many sidestep into Blue spark kicks i've eaten from you. I am at my best before you get to fight me enough to figure me out. TekkenGAF is pretty beast but i might not be even in the top 10 i believe. Relying on Mokujin too mcuh has fucked me up hardcore.

Being as happy as winning if i connect an unblockable too has given me low standards. The ultimate casual.

Connecting a JFSR after succesfully stepping a move must be one of the best feelings you can get in this game.
Top 10 would be hard. Too many good players from America, so we can't compete :p
Av2k would be TekkenGAF's best player. Sayah and AAK right after that.

I thought we'd get the next bunch of characters after EVO. What happened to that?

Nooooo Spoiler that Numb! Sasuke hasn't played MGS4 yet! :p

Too late bro. No idea what that meant anyway, so I hope I'll forget it before it happens^^

AAK

Too late bro. No idea what that meant anyway, so I hope I'll forget it before it happens^^

Hopefully :p

But seriously man, be sure to watch the cutscenes from the games preceding MGS4. It will add a lot to your enjoyment of the game.

BTW ZTS is also better than me. And I think at this point boutdown is better than me in a lot areas in the game. Only reason I might win against him in a lot of matches is the character knowledge difference & combo damage of my characters.

EDIT: Strongstyle Top 16 streaming with Spooky commentating:
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

sasuke_91

Technically, this is still after EVO. ^_^

In a few months, it'll be before EVO again...

Sorry about that.
Alot happens so you will forget.

No problem. As I said, I don't really know what that meant anyway,

Hopefully :p

But seriously man, be sure to watch the cutscenes from the games preceding MGS4. It will add a lot to your enjoyment of the game.

BTW ZTS is also better than me. And I think at this point boutdown is better than me in a lot areas in the game. Only reason I might win against him in a lot of matches is the character knowledge difference & combo damage of my characters.

Hmm you're making it really hard for me now. I'll watch MGS 1's cutscenes. No idea how well that game has aged, but I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as I would have back then (does anyone disagree?). Not sure about watching MGS 2&3 cutscenes though, as those are the games I definitely want to play.
I may open a LTTP thread after finishing the game. That would be my first thread in this forum, might as well make one about a great game :)

So ZTS is better than you? I've only experienced his 2 move Bruce, and he already beat me with him. It's been a long time since I last played against boutdown, but our connection didn't really help (bout, if you ever make it to Europe, let me know :p). Watching his uploaded matches really shows how much he has improved though.
av2k, Sayah, ZTS, boutdown, AAK, NinthPixel, Manbig, Death, Terareflection and maybe MikeBeezy92 or someone else. Nope, Numb, Top 10 is not possible :p

Sayah

So ZTS is better than you? I've only experienced his 2 move Bruce, and he already beat me with him. It's been a long time since I last played against boutdown, but our connection didn't really help (bout, if you ever make it to Europe, let me know :p). Watching his uploaded matches really shows how much he has improved though.
av2k, Sayah, ZTS, boutdown, AAK, NinthPixel, Manbig, Death, Terareflection and maybe MikeBeezy92 or someone else. Nope, Numb, Top 10 is not possible :p

I think NinthPixel, ZTS, and AAK are all better than me now. lol.
Last I played AAK, I remember him ducking almost every high.
NinthPixel is just really good with Ling.
ZTS has a really good Lars/Bruce team that often destroys me.

Never played against av2k but I have to soon sometime.

Spooky is streaming Strong Style with his commentary.
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Whatever happened to presenting StrongStyle in some incredible way that we haven't seen before?

They should have just streamed the tournament when it was going on live. What Bronson and others were trying to accomplish was just too much.

Numb

Whatever happened to presenting StrongStyle in some incredible way that we haven't seen before?

They should have just streamed the tournament when it was going on live. What Bronson and others were trying to accomplish was just too much.

No idea but these were indeed legendary matches. Book VS Yuu got me offguard and was super hype. Seeing these live with comm would have been so sweet but Sp00ky will do. He will be streaming top 8 tommorow i believe.

Sayah

No idea but these were indeed legendary matches. Book VS Yuu got me offguard and was super hype. Seeing these live with comm would have been so sweet but Sp00ky will do. He will be streaming top 8 tommorow i believe.

Will have to see if I can watch it.

Also, since you guys are talking about Metal Gear Solid, the Legacy Collection is on sale. I think it includes everything from the series.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8010699-met...-gear-solid-hd-collection-17-75-free-shipping

Dereck

JJl9o79.png

iwxj6Bw.png

sasuke_91

I don't care whose better than who or who the Top 10 players are. Let's all just play, improve, & have fun.
Numb and I brought that up, sorry for that.

It really doesn't matter. The reaction really does speak for itself though. I'm on a German Tekken forum sometimes and whenever discussions like these come up, people seem to want to kill each other. Maybe we're just not that competitive, but this is still the coolest community I know.

Good games Numb and Doomshine. No one dominating. I love that back and forth we always have in our lobby :D

Numb

Good games guys.
Seems like we know each others playstyle well enough and has become a game of fundamentals.

AAK

According to a guy in the chat it was a mistranslation. The "masher" term in Japanese was used in a positive sense where Yuu is trying to say that he's scared of Rip because of his instinct to mash out of pressure areas at the right time.

It's kind of true, anyone remember this match?

https://youtu.be/a_SQ8mNPN1k?t=5m56s

AAK

Kurokuro is now streaming his tournament in Japan:

http://www.twitch.tv/kurokuro9696japan

Sidenote... I started playing MGS4 earlier today. Good God this game.... it's unbelivable how much detail is in everything. I struggle to think how MGS5 can possibly top this.

BTW Sasuke you NEED to watch the cutscenes of MGS1-3 before playing this game. Only 1 hour into it there's like 5 major plot points mentioned that mandates you to have seen those games. Also going with hard mode... definitely needs a lot of patience.

According to a guy in the chat it was a mistranslation. The "masher" term in Japanese was used in a positive sense where Yuu is trying to say that he's scared of Rip because of his instinct to mash out of pressure areas at the right time.

Fun fact. That whole Top 8 was played on a super laggy set up. NAPS switched to Bruce because he couldn't play Brian due to the lag.

Sayah

I miss Tekken 6. :(

People can hate on scenario campaign all they want but the core gameplay is some of the best experience I've ever had with this franchise.

It's the last game I remember playing where I would go up to or over 50 matches played in a local session. Nothing else has sparked local play like that for me again.....yet.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken 6 is still my favorite game in the series, to be honest. It seems frivolous at this point and won't happen in a million years, but I would totally buy a remaster that had faster loading times, cleaner IQ, and better netcode.

Sayah

Yeah, an HD remaster won't happen but I would buy it too.

If they could make a Tekken Collection, that would be even better.

Numb

T6 is probably my most played game ever. Coming from local with friends and family in T5 to online in T6 has added my playtime and boasted it by alot lot.

Sayah

T6 is probably my most played game ever. Coming from local with friends and family in T5 to online in T6 has added my playtime and boasted it by alot lot.
Yeah, online added to that playtime. But just speaking strictly of local play, I have a lot of nostalgic moments with Tekken 3, 4, and 5 but they don't touch how much I've played Tekken 6. I just love the gameplay system a lot.

Numb

Hope Tekken 7 brings the hype.
I am finally starting to let go of Tag 2 and i don't want to do that when the release of 7 is so uncertain.

Sayah

Hope Tekken 7 brings the hype.
I am finally starting to let go of Tag 2 and i don't want to do that when the release of 7 is so uncertain.

I've shifted my focus to the new yugioh game for the time being. Let's see how long that lasts.

Numb

I've shifted my focus to the new yugioh game for the time being. Let's see how long that lasts.

Lol. Been playing Rising Thunder and loving it. It might be time i started playing Ultra on PS4 finally. I swear i bought SF4 like 5 times atleast on 3 platforms and haven't played more than 10hrs since Vanilla. Just wasting time till MGSV hits and the true GOAT of the year Dragon Quest musou lol.

Sayah

Lol. Been playing Rising Thunder and loving it. It might be time i started playing Ultra on PS4 finally. I swear i bought SF4 like 5 times atleast on 3 platforms and haven't played more than 10hrs since Vanilla. Just wasting time till MGSV hits and the true GOAT of the year Dragon Quest musou lol.

I've only bought SSFIV AE on PS3 and PC. And just like you, I've played it about 10 to 20 hours. lol. It's fun for casual play but I don't find much enjoyment in it otherwise.

SFV seems more interesting.

And I had received the Rising Thunder codes but didn't bother to install. Would have to reinstall steam and got lazy.

Numb

I've only bought SSFIV AE on PS3 and PC. And just like you, I've played it about 10 to 20 hours. lol. It's fun for casual play but I don't find much enjoyment in it otherwise.

SFV seems more interesting.

And I had received the Rising Thunder codes but didn't bother to install. Would have to reinstall steam and got lazy.

SFV is hyping me up too by bringing alpha guys and even taking the charge out of the guys i liked but wanted to be motion. All 3 in this case actually. The input windows have been made less tighter and that's amazing too. Rising thunder does not require steam. Just go to the site and input the code after you login in or create an account if you don't have one and then input. Game is awesome and can be pickd up in like a minute.

Kazumi on stream. Nice.

Numb

No prob.

Some dude on stream made Jin look Shaheen and i thought you could have Shaheen without facial hair for a moment.

Watching Kurokuro Cup for a few hours now, sure looks like Katarina got the short end of the visuals compared to the rest of the cast. Keep her sunglasses on, she looks crazy when you can see her eyes. Her hair is also easily the worst looking in the game, especially with hats on.

Chloe has a weird mouse-like face too, but it's only really noticable if you change her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom