• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Don't make the same mistake I did and start expecting things from Tekken 7. For your sake, consider what we saw last week is what we're gonna get in 3 weeks.

GrayFoxPL

Don't make the same mistake I did and start expecting things from Tekken 7. For your sake, consider what we saw last week is what we're gonna get in 3 weeks.

What? That bad? Can't be. For Feb 18 I expect Trailer 2 build, it's stages. Shaheen + at least 2 returning characters. Preferably Jin and Lee but realistically Jin and Nina or Jin and Eddy/Christie.

For March I expect finished short arcade intro, major bug fixes, boss fight, last new normal character (taekyon girl?) + 4/5 returning characters: Marduk, Lei, Raven/Yoshi and that bastard Bob.

Nothing less.

Btw it'll look pathetic if by March they won't be able to implement motion blur with this assy engine.

Pachimari

I think Kazumi will be the boss and I really hope she'll be playable. Even if it's as a timed unlock in the arcade game. Her art looks good.

AAK

What? That bad? Can't be. For Feb 18 I expect Trailer 2 build, it's stages. Shaheen + at least 2 returning characters. Preferably Jin and Lee but realistically Jin and Nina or Jin and Eddy/Christie.

For March I expect finished short arcade intro, major bug fixes, boss fight, last new normal character (taekyon girl?) + 4/5 returning characters: Marduk, Lei, Raven/Yoshi and that bastard Bob.

Nothing less.

Btw it'll look pathetic if by March they won't be able to implement motion blur with this assy engine.

Yeah, I highly doubt there's gonna be any more new characters at this point. The rest are all gonna be time release in my opinion.

As for the trailer 2 build... Other than being shinier there's nothing new in that trailer except Lars's outfit (which we already knew about). No new animations, win quotes, art, etc.

And I'm sure I'll be healthier if I don't expect any.

Manbig

Four new characters is par for the course. I do expect an eventual major patch of some sort that will add 2 characters though. That would also be par for the course.

AAK

By new characters I meant no more characters old or new for the Arcade release. Gonna wait for the rest via time release.

sasuke_91

last new normal character (taekyon girl?)

I'm still waiting for that. I'm most interested in her and Shaheen. I hope they won't disappoint me. If everyone is going to suck I'm gonna main Lucky Chloe and become the hardest Online troll in the history of Tekken.

And damn, that negativity. I never expected too much from Tekken 7. Honestly, I would be happier about a TTT2 PS4 port with some new characters (minus Lucky Chloe). T5 DR style. Don't think too much about it, guys. Wait until you can play it yourself.

sasuke_91

Tag 2 on the PS4 sounds like one of the most pointless ports I could think of really.
1080p/60 sounds pretty cool to me already. Better netcode and uploading matches to YouTube would also be cool (is that even possible already?).
Other than that, there wouldn't be a reason for me to want a PS4 port. Pretty pointless, as you said.

AAK

Knee finally uploaded the Tekken 7 stuff on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l795wLjtNeg

And no, Harada never confirmed there was gonna be a Korean girl. He only said he told the Korean fans about his interest in doing a female fighter from Korea but they didn't have a very enthusiastic reception to the idea.

Numb

Tag 2 on the PS4 sounds like one of the most pointless ports I could think of really.

It seems like the best idea to me. My PS3 is only still here because of it, and since Tekken 7 relese is hazy it might still be here for the long run

AAK

OMG... MKX is having 4 characters locked behind a paywall. They worded it by calling it a "Pack" and not a "Pass" making me think it's locked content in the disc rather than DLC that will come down the road. So in order to get the game which has all the characters day 1, it's gonna cost $90. And if you want all the costumes... It goes even further than that where you'd need to buy multiple copies from separate retailers.

If this thing sells then I guess we should really be prepared to see Namco's rebuttal in the consumer gouging.

Things are getting super rough with this hobby of mine :(

Numb

OMG... MKX is having 4 characters locked behind a paywall. They worded it by calling it a "Pack" and not a "Pass" making me think it's locked content in the disc rather than DLC that will come down the road. So in order to get the game which has all the characters day 1, it's gonna cost $90. And if you want all the costumes... It goes even further than that where you'd need to buy multiple copies from separate retailers.

If this thing sells then I guess we should really be prepared to see Namco's rebuttal in the consumer gouging.

I was on the fence on getting this because of something like this mainly because of being burnt by SFXT and MvC with their really early upgrades so i might just wait for the Komplete edition

Dereck

Pre-order bonuses, pre-order DLCs, day one purchase bonuses, exclusive in-store pre-order exclusives, collector's editions, game of the year editions, limited editions, character packs, season passes, character passes.

Numb

Pre-order bonuses, pre-order DLCs, day one purchase bonuses, exclusive in-store pre-order exclusives, collector's editions, game of the year editions, limited editions, character packs, season passes, character passes.

Wow that is just terrifying. I really hope Tekken 7 stays away from that bullshit

sasuke_91

I hate that pre-order/Day One bullshit. Especially for multiplayer games.
"We could have included this shit in the game, but we're gonna sell it as a Day One DLC because you're going to buy it anyway. Oh, and here you have Season Pass for Skins and Maps and other bullshit nobody needs"

GrayFoxPL

Guys, look at the modern market. If Tekken 7 wont have dlc characters and all that preorder bullshit it would be the only fighting game on the market that wouldn't have all this.

DOA, MK, Injustice, SF, GuiltyGear, BB, P4A, KOF etc. Everyone.

Last games without paid dlc chars were VF5FS and Tag2. Go figure.

Harada tried to prove NamcoBandai that Tag2 will sell without this bullshit. He was wrong so shortly after Revolution landed.

Tag 2 Console will have dlc shit but probably Harada won't let it be so obnoxious.

Edit.

Oh Knee's stream! Thanks AAK.

Sayah

I was on the fence of getting this but now I won't be getting it until its like $10 on a steam sale. After SFXTK, I'm done with this type of bullshit. Lucky Chloe isn't gonna get in my way of buying Tekken 7 but if Namco pulls something similar, I'm done with Tekken too. Consumers are at fault when they accept to buy these type of products and that's why I won't do it anymore.

GrayFoxPL

Almost finished watching Knee's stream and 3 things I noticed.

1 - This thing I noticed in loc tests long time ago - trades being double counter hits now. It wasn't network bug, since Knee is playing offline. It's real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l795wLjtNeg#t=6725

Huge thing if they'll keep it. You'll always wanna trade that big ch launcher with jabs now.

2. Bryan's ws+3,4 give a new float in a juggle. Smooth arc. Can be done double in a juggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l795wLjtNeg#t=2431

Shown many times.

3. Faces are ugly as sin no matter how you look at them. :p

I actually want to compete so waiting for the game to be a Komplete edition is a detriment. Wouldn't wait if I was competing either. I don't generally have a problem with DLC characters in FGs.

That said I hope its more of a season pass than an actual pack.

Sayah

I actually want to compete so waiting for the game to be a Komplete edition is a detriment. Wouldn't wait if I was competing either. I don't generally have a problem with DLC characters in FGs.

That said I hope its more of a season pass than an actual pack.

First, it needs to be clarified if it's a pack or a pass.
Second, even if it's a pass, $30 for 4 characters? That's just being greedy. Even more greedy than Capcom and that's saying something.

First, it needs to be clarified if it's a pack or a pass.
Second, even if it's a pass, $30 for 4 characters? That's just being greedy. Even more greedy than Capcom and that's saying something.

that's why you wait and get the characters individually. NRS characters are like 5 bucks from I remember in MK9.

GrayFoxPL

Reminds me of mk9 and preorder "excluzive" skins. People were acting crazy buying and selling these things online like they were treasure. I bet them these soon will be for 5 bucks on psn and live. Buahah.

Reminds me of mk9 and preorder "excluzive" skins. People were acting crazy buying and selling these things online like they were treasure. I bet them these soon will be for 5 bucks on psn and live. Buahah.

Those skins gave you the klassic fatalities (well the male ninja ones anyways) so they had some pull. NRS made a good game so I wasn't ashamed to support them.

Skins are typically optional though unlike characters so you can buy the season pass and then be on your way whenever the characters come out.

Sayah

that's why you wait and get the characters individually. NRS characters are like 5 bucks from I remember in MK9.

That's $20 for 4 characters. Not much better.

And what makes you think the pricing will stay the same with MKX? They are already offering less and charging more for the collector edition in contrast to what MK9 had.

GrayFoxPL

I bought Kenshi and Rain, the only characters I cared about. Similar will be with MKX.

Sayah it's not worth to be bothered with overpriced preorder bonuses. Most players will buy the normal game and additional stuff on sale. Just get the game and enjoy it until online will be alive or not ruined and by that I mean mk9 online players now have 50% disconnect rate as a norm, lol.

I just didn't buy that PS4 yet. Because if my old usb pad doesn't work PS4 will be useless for fighting games for me. I can't play on anything else.

That's $20 for 4 characters. Not much better.

And what makes you think the pricing will stay the same with MKX? They are already offering less and charging more for the collector edition in contrast to what MK9 had.

Plus the two skins and the name *limited edition* name makes $90 sound about right,

it may not be just 4 characters either.

Sayah

Plus the two skins and the name *limited edition* name makes $90 sound about right,

it may not be just 4 characters either.

The "name" and skins? haha.

I bought Kenshi and Rain, the only characters I cared about. Similar will be with MKX.

Sayah it's not worth to be bothered with overpriced preorder bonuses. Most players will buy the normal game and additional stuff on sale. Just get the game and enjoy it until online will be alive or not ruined and by that I mean mk9 online players now have 50% disconnect rate as a norm, lol.

I just didn't buy that PS4 yet. Because if my old usb pad doesn't work PS4 will be useless for fighting games for me. I can't play on anything else.

Nah, I did buy MvC3 and SFXTK day 1. I can't do it anymore. I STILL have not purchased SFXTK DLC characters.

It's unfair to have these characters there and not have them accessible to everyone that bought the base game. If you want DLC, put in costumes and music and whatever non-essential stuff. I was almost set on buying MKX but now I won't.

sasuke_91

I'm really glad I got used to the DS4. My execution is way better than with my old pad. The only thing I have to learn is wavedashing, but it's getting better and better.

It's unfair to have these characters there and not have them accessible to everyone that bought the base game. If you want DLC, put in costumes and music and whatever non-essential stuff. I was almost set on buying MKX but now I won't.

I think so, too. I just hope Tekken 7 won't do stuff like that. I would still buy the game, but it sucks still.

Sayah

I think so, too. I just hope Tekken 7 won't do stuff like that. I would still buy the game, but it sucks still.

I don't think I will buy even Tekken 7 if there's characters locked behind paid DLC before the game even releases. If they later announce an expansion pack of sorts with more characters a few months into the future after game release, that's very much acceptable to me as long as pricing is reasonable.

But what Capcom and WB are doing is very greedy and if Namco follows suit, I won't support them.

At worst, I'll buy Tekken 7 used or something.

You don't like free characters? And you like paying for them? Okay.

Not if they're clonish like that last set were. The pre order characters were mostly fine. NRS's character were pretty fun. especially Rain and Kenshi. The Injustice Characters look pretty good too. Its not like MK9 or Injustice were incomplete games in the first place. You can have fun with those game without the DLC characters. it adds a little life into game post-launch for a quick $5. Its really harmless.

Honestly I don't like how Namco does anything post release. They do like a few things and completely drop support. See SCV, T6 and TTT2. SCV is the biggest offender here. I've really lost faith in them as a company after that SCII HD debacle.

Sayah

Not if they're clonish like that last set were. The pre order characters were mostly fine. NRS's character were pretty fun. especially Rain and Kenshi. The Injustice Characters look pretty good too. Its not like MK9 or Injustice were incomplete games in the first place. You can have fun with those game without the DLC characters. it adds a little life into game post-launch for a quick $5. Its really harmless.

Honestly I don't like how Namco does anything post release. They do like a few things and completely drop support. See SCV, T6 and TTT2. SCV is the biggest offender here. I've really lost faith in them as a company after that SCII HD debacle.

It is free. Clone or not. And not all the characters were clones (read Dr. B and Kunimitsu).

LOL @ "it is harmless" comment. If you play fighters casually then it wont make a huge difference. If you play competitively, not having even one character will make a huge difference. Jill and Shuma were $5.99 each and I didn't buy them because I didn't want to pay extra money on top of what I already paid for ultimate and vanilla versions of mvc3.

Not being able to train with those two in practice was a huge detriment especially when facing players online that used Jill/Shuma.

I'm not that frugal but there's only so much I can shell out for a single game. I have tuition/food/rent/bills to worry about.

It is free. Clone or not. And not all the characters were clones (read Dr. B and Kunimitsu).

LOL @ "it is harmless" comment. If you play fighters casually then it wont make a huge difference. If you play competitively, not having even one character will make a huge difference. Jill and Shuma were $5.99 each and I didn't buy them because I didn't want to pay extra money on top of what I already paid for ultimate and vanilla versions of mvc3.

Not being able to train with those two in practice was a huge detriment especially when facing players online that used Jill/Shuma.

I'm not that frugal but there's only so much I can shell out for a single game. I have tuition/food/rent/bills to worry about.

As long as you can play against the DLC character you can learn them. You don't have to play every character inside and out to learn them. I didn't buy Dampierre in SCV nor did I buy Freddy in MK9 but was still able to learn the match-up. That's why they release compatibility patches.

And you only point out two non-clone characters. all of the effort went to Kuni and Dr. B. everyone else just got copy and pasted with a few additions here and there. Many people BLAME the clone for making the competitive game boring. They were free but they were half-assed. I don't mind paying for quality content.

Numb

I

I play casually and tend to stick to one character per fighting game but when there are mystery characters yet to be revealed how am i supposed to stick to one character? What if the character i want to main is not even out yet and behnd a paywall? Should i buy the character or the game? So far i have no interest in the current line up either. The very first DLC i ever bought was Lobo in injustice and it was terrible. Getting the Komplete version of netherrealm games is good especially since you get everything and they patch and balance the game of Deathstroke spammers.

I play casually and tend to stick to one character per fighting game but when there are mystery characters yet to be revealed how am i supposed to stick to one character? What if the character i want to main is not even out yet and behnd a paywall? Should i buy the character or the game? So far i have no interest in the current line up either. The very first DLC i ever bought was Lobo in injustice and it was terrible. Getting the Komplete version of netherrealm games is good especially since you get everything and they patch and balance the game of Deathstroke spammers.

So you're saying you're getting the Komplete edition? I mean that's fine because you're not sure about the purchase in the first place.

Sayah

As long as you can play against the DLC character you can learn them. You don't have to play every character inside and out to learn them. I didn't buy Dampierre in SCV nor did I buy Freddy in MK9 but was still able to learn the match-up. That's why they release compatibility patches.

And you only point out two non-clone characters. all of the effort went to Kuni and Dr. B. everyone else just got copy and pasted with a few additions here and there. Many people BLAME the clone for making the competitive game boring. They were free but they were half-assed. I don't mind paying for quality content.

Yes, because everyone works the same way. /s. Just because you learned to fight against dampierre doesn't mean everyone else also can. In Tekken, I very often pick opponent characters as CPU in training to get practice against them. Having accessibility to an opponent character is very essential for me to learn how to punish and strategize against a certain character. Go look at Manny's Anna streams and tell me that's not true. Of course, that's beside the fact that a potential main is put behind a paywall.

Some TTT2 characters were clones for a reason to help people that couldn't learn two characters and MANY people from casual to competitive used clone teams to their benefit (read KOR double Bob). Even certain clones had moves that completely differentiated them from their counterparts. Michelle had d+2,3,1 which made her a far better TA filler character over Jaycee. A single move can do that. Angel had a whole assortment of her own new moves and animations aside from her own stance. Similar with Ancient Ogre.

I don't know why you're hell bent on dissing free characters and defending paywall characters but whatever floats your boat.

Numb

So you're saying you're getting the Komplete edition? I mean that's fine because you're not sure about the purchase in the first place.

They have not yet revealed the full roster and i might find someone i like. I was excited for Ermac and if Jax is confirmed i will be getting it.

Yes, because everyone works the same way. /s. Just because you learned to fight against dampierre doesn't mean everyone else also can. In Tekken, I very often pick opponent characters as CPU in training to get practice against them. Having accessibility to an opponent character is very essential for me to learn how to punish and strategize against a certain character. Go look at Manny's Anna streams and tell me that's not true. Of course, that's beside the fact that a potential is put behind a paywall.

Some TTT2 characters were clones for a reason to help people that couldn't learn two characters and MANY people from casual to competitive used clone teams to their benefit (read KOR double Bob). Even certain clones had moves that completely differentiated them from their counterparts. Michelle had d+2,3,1 which made her a far better TA filler character over Jaycee. A single move can do that. Angel had a whole assortment of her own new moves and animations aside from her own stance. Similar with Ancient Ogre.

I don't know why you're hell bent on dissing free characters and defending paywall characters but whatever floats your boat.

Becuase Tekken didn't do free characters right by making them clones. People look at them SOLELY because they were free and not looked at the quality. If we got NRS/Arcsys/Skullgirls characters that were truly unique then I wouldn't be complaining about em. We just got clones and maybe two unique characters.

Sayah

Becuase Tekken didn't do free characters right by making them clones. People look at them SOLELY because they were free and not looked at the quality. If we got NRS/Arcsys/Skullgirls characters that were truly unique then I wouldn't be complaining about em. We just got clones and maybe two unique characters.

I just got done telling you why there were clones and how even then the characters were varied in their own unique ways and you completely ignored the point. The game does have a 59 game roster you know? It is okay to have a few clones. You're trying to compare it to skullgirls which had like 9 characters and kickstarter funded "limited time free character."

AAK

I'm OK with DLC characters only IF they are created and released after the game comes out to extend the game's life cycle.

DOA and MK9 did this and I'm OK with it. If it's anything like SFxT, that's not cool.... or just be up front about it and say the game costs $80, not $60. Don't sell me an incomplete game. A character in a fighting game is a fundamental part of the game, and if it's not part of the game I'm not playing the complete game.

It also pisses me off with the costumes that are on the disc but locked behind paywall... but I'm willing to let it slide because it doesn't affect the gameplay. But it's still one thing I used to LOVE in the PS2 gen that's all gone this iteration. It's especially annoying now in GGXrd where all the cool colors are behind a paywall.

EDIT: on a sidenote, my internet has been considerably worse from the past 2 weeks.... this is becoming very concerning for me. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom