• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

How is Hwoarang's case more dire than LC?

Or maybe that's implying LC is unfixable...

I'm seriously hoping for cool cusomization so we can give her a real breakdancer outfit or something. Other than that I stopped hating on her honestly.

Disregarding everything, would anyone agree that only one character having super meter looks really really dumb on the screen?

I agree, but Akuma is different in general.
We already get rage at ~half HP, which is enough for both sides in my opinion.

I also agree with Sayah. By the time T7 releases for consoles it will have been playable for 2,5 years (which will be 10% of my life by then... just a fun fact). I really hate this.

Pachimari

@Gray Looks fine to me, he is a guest character after all.

He's not a guest character per se though. I know what you mean by it, but he is canon to Tekken now.

I feel like Lucky Chloe, Devil Jin and Hwoarang will be the characters I will like the most, visually.

Also, I'm salty today, about not getting to play Fated Retribution. It's like I'm no longer excited to try out vanilla Tekken 7 in two months. At least I'll get to try out the new characters and Josie Rizal.

Sayah

Good time to be a TEKKEN fan.

Marky - I'm gonna trust your words and have some hope. There's no way it's a good time to be a Tekken fan if 99% of the fans are waiting three years for a release date while Namco continues to cater exclusively and fully to the 1% in Asia. I'd rather be a Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat fan - at least I'd have a game to play. It doesn't matter how good Tekken 7 is if we don't even have our hands on it.

Here's what Namco can do to fix this (in order of highest to lower priority):
1. Release the game in retail on consoles by November 2016 at latest
2. Release the game on PC/PS4/Xbone digitally and charge a monthly subscription fee of ~$15.
3. Release the game on PC/PS4/Xbone digitally and charge for matches similar to the arcade model.
4. Have multiple beta tests on PC/PS4/Xbone similar to SFV.
5. Release a limited demo with different characters being playable every two weeks.

2. Release the game on PC/PS4/Xbone digitally and charge a monthly subscription fee of ~$15.
3. Release the game on PC/PS4/Xbone digitally and charge for matches similar to the arcade model.

Awful ideas. I'd never play the game in this format.

A couple beta test weekends would definitely take the edge off the long wait a bit.

Sayah

Awful ideas. I'd never play the game in this format.

I'd rather have that than no game at all until 2017.

I'm getting desperate here if it wasn't very clear already. People will shit on the game if it takes those routes no doubt but I just want to play it from the comfort of home someway somehow.

Maybe I should first prioritize a Tekken Revolution model where we're given tickets for a few free matches until we lose - and need to pay for additional play time.

Numb

Can't do monthly.Beta would be the best next thing beyond a release(a close release not next year or some shit)
Even another prologue would be better

Tekken Fated Vengeance movie with Tekken 7 prologue demo

Releasing the vanilla one on current gen as Tekken 7 Revolution might have been a pretty good idea actually... Then later do FR properly.

Too late for something like that now though.

Sayah

Releasing the vanilla one on current gen as Tekken 7 Revolution might have been a pretty good idea actually... Then later do FR properly.

Too late for something like that now though.

I would be 100% okay with getting vanilla Tekken 7 while we wait for FR. It won't have Nina but I'll manage.

Degen

see yall in 2017
7TWEjBJ.png

Good time to be a TEKKEN fan.
7TWEjBJ.png

Nuszka

The past view days were weird, with the announcement of the game at Evo i was more than sure that we will play it this year. But now with the game coming to arcades in summer without even a specific date... So disappointed. Namco being quiet about any console info is just confirming it as well.
Being Tekken fan is a hard work.

Sayah

The past view days were weird, with the announcement of the game at Evo i was more than sure that we will play it this year. But now with the game coming to arcades in summer without even a specific date... So disappointed. Namco being quiet about any console info is just confirming it as well.
Being Tekken fan is a hard work.

I'll just not be a Tekken fan by that point. And it'll be the last time I thirst like a dog for a gaming franchise of all things. Maybe I'm over exaggerating that, but need to get life priorities straight anyway.

AZUMIKE

20=20th Anniversary

1= #1 Tekken Game

7=Tekken 7

20-1-7= 2017

It makes sense. See Tetsuya Nomura for math logic. lol

But really, I'm pumped for Tekken 7. Let it marinate in the arcades it bit (which Bandai Namco seems to be doing anyway) and then serve it when its ready for consoles.

Rajang

I think that Hwoarang would look better without the necklace and eyepatch. Or without the jacket. The necklace + jacket chain is just too much, looks thrown on just for the sake of it.

Remove the silly eyepatch and that werd jacket + chain thing and he looks fine imo.

I am so damn f****** annoyed with this damn f****** arcade model.

If June is the earliest it can release, we will not be getting any console announcement at E3 or even EVO, which means 2017 release to me. I don't think I can care enough for this game to wait till 2017. I've waited patiently long enough. PS4 will be 3 years old by November and Namco will still not have any SoulCalibur or Tekken title on the platform.

:(

mC7cTyN3.jpeg

Disregarding everything, would anyone agree that only one character having super meter looks really really dumb on the screen?

It looks weird. The fact that he is the only one with a super meter makes him stand out from the rest. It doesnt feel like he is part of the Tekken cast but more of a guest character, even though he is integral to the storyline. I hoped they would incorporate him well but giving him a completely different system is just weird to me. Why not let everyone have the same tools? It doesnt look like Namco wanted to make Akuma their own character, they just made him as similar to SF as possible.

Marky - I'm gonna trust your words and have some hope. There's no way it's a good time to be a Tekken fan if 99% of the fans are waiting three years for a release date while Namco continues to cater exclusively and fully to the 1% in Asia. I'd rather be a Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat fan - at least I'd have a game to play. It doesn't matter how good Tekken 7 is if we don't even have our hands on it.

Here's what Namco can do to fix this (in order of highest to lower priority):
1. Release the game in retail on consoles by November 2016 at latest
4. Have multiple beta tests on PC/PS4/Xbone similar to SFV.
5. Release a limited demo with different characters being playable every two weeks.

I cant speak for him but maybe he has a very arcade point of view? Great year for TEKKEN fans.. with the launch of FR in arcades and the chance for Americans to try the game out in select areas.

The ironic thing is that their biggest market is in Europe, when it comes to console sales. Harada said that out of the 42 million TEKKEN sales, 20 million have been from EU. And there is no arcade scene here, maybe a few arcades in the UK but thats it.

It feel so weird, I was so hyped because of the recent stream of characters reveals/trailers/new mechanics etc but the arcade release date has really put a damper on all of that. Namco would want to milk the $$ they earn in the arcades, I highly doubt they will want to cannibalize the profits they make in the arcade by releasing a console version in the fall.

Sayah

20=20th Anniversary

1= #1 Tekken Game

7=Tekken 7

20-1-7= 2017

It makes sense. See Tetsuya Nomura for math logic. lol

But really, I'm pumped for Tekken 7. Let it marinate in the arcades it bit (which Bandai Namco seems to be doing anyway) and then serve it when its ready for consoles.

You let a thing marinate for three years, it'll become rotten.
It's just hard to see them nonchalantly advertise a summer 2016 arcade release - and not have any plans at all for the rest of their fan base. Having a few cabinets present at tournaments is not a plan.

There is no way we're getting a console announcement at E3 in June or EVO in July when the arcade release is happening at earliest in June.

They better have some plan in place for the rest of us - otherwise I'm done following this game and I'm done going through incessant cycles of hype and anti-hype.

So much for a 20th Anniversary. See you during the 22nd Anniversary instead.

I cant speak for him but maybe he has a very arcade point of view? Great year for TEKKEN fans.. with the launch of FR in arcades and the chance for Americans to try the game out in select areas.

The ironic thing is that their biggest market is in Europe, when it comes to console sales. Harada said that out of the 42 million TEKKEN sales, 20 million have been from EU. And there is no arcade scene here, maybe a few arcades in the UK but thats it.

It feel so weird, I was so hyped because of the recent stream of characters reveals/trailers/new mechanics etc but the arcade release date has really put a damper on all of that. Namco would want to milk the $$ they earn in the arcades, I highly doubt they will want to cannibalize the profits they make in the arcade by releasing a console version in the fall.

The summer release has put a damper on everything - and finally Tekken 7 was starting to earn some goodwill.

LowParry

So possibly no console release this year. Huh. Probably time to just forget about the game. At least until EVO and see what happens from there.

sasuke_91

The moment I read summer 2016 I lost all interest in T7. I'm not even kidding. I won't wait another year. I'll play the game now and then when it comes out, but I won't pay any more than 30€. TTT2 it is...

Sayah

The moment I read summer 2016 I lost all interest in T7. I'm not even kidding. I won't wait another year. I'll play the game now and then when it comes out, but I won't pay any more than 30€. TTT2 it is...

Pretty much where I'm at.
The next announcement I look forward to is a 2016 release date, whether that means on consoles or a limited beta release or a vanilla Tekken 7 digital release or one of the other options I listed. Until that announcement, I will not bother to get myself hyped for anything else - no matter the amount of character reveals done.

LowParry

= Lei Wulong character reveal.

And thus they'll reveal new characters through the year, so we won't forget about it.

Eh MarkMan's cryptic writings on the wall could mean a lot of things. He could mean new arcade sticks are in the works for T7. Who knows. New characters isn't going to bring the hype back for me. Thankfully there are other fighters out there to play. Every once in a while I'll go back to TTT2 but meh. I'm just done with Tag.

Pachimari

Eh MarkMan's cryptic writings on the wall could mean a lot of things. He could mean new arcade sticks are in the works for T7. Who knows. New characters isn't going to bring the hype back for me. Thankfully there are other fighters out there to play. Every once in a while I'll go back to TTT2 but meh. I'm just done with Tag.

CcrooK, I'm kidding about the character reveal.

I love character reveals so I'll keep being hyped, but I also always assumed a March 2017 release. The only thing I'm disappointed with is, that I won't get to play Fated Retribution in April.

LowParry

CcrooK, I'm kidding about the character reveal.

I love character reveals so I'll keep being hyped, but I also always assumed a March 2017 release. The only thing I'm disappointed with is, that I won't get to play Fated Retribution in April.

I'm having a moment here man. lol

Ugh. How disappointing though. But hey, we got good games this year!

Sayah

And if there is no 2016 release date announcement - then I guess I have nothing to look forward to with this game.

Time to go enjoy Splatoon.

Edit: Sorry for my childish tantrum - but if a 3-year late console release is successful, they'll be doing the same thing for Tekken 8. I don't see myself supporting that model. At that point, it's just better to move on to other things. At best, I'll buy the game pre-owned or in a bargain bin.

sasuke_91

All the hype that I was trying to maintain is dead now. I really tried :/
Sorry MarkMan, but this is the worst time to be a Tekken fan, especially if you're European :(

Nuszka

Im still gonna be there day one when the game lunches, but my hyped and will to play any Tekken died down a lot just from the thought of "another year". Like a week ago my mind set was "another 7-8 months until t7!!!!" and that felt so nice. Its somewhat heart breaking now but its better to have low expectations and then be positively surprised.

Sayah

All the hype that I was trying to maintain is dead now. I really tried :/
Sorry MarkMan, but this is the worst time to be a Tekken fan, especially if you're European :(

Yeah, it really does suck for you guys. At least I got to play vanilla at Dave & Busters for some time but even that's gone now.

Sayah

I'm excited for FR loketest footage next week.

Have fun watching at 240p resolution on niconico.

Im still gonna be there day one when the game lunches, but my hyped and will to play any Tekken died down a lot just from the thought of "another year". Like a week ago my mind set was "another 7-8 months until t7!!!!" and that felt so nice. Its somewhat heart breaking now but its better to have low expectations and then be positively surprised.

Well, I was ready to take 1-2 weeks off from work if it launched this year.

Sayah

"stay tuned" Haradas response to someone asking for release date. Source Twitter 30 minutes ago. :(

I'll try to be optimistic.
Namco usually tries to please their fans - unlike most other Japanese companies.

But there's not much to go on when they've confirmed a summer arcade release and have recently said they haven't even started work on a console version.

Sayah

What Harada said one year ago

kZ1nTYa.png

What Harada said one year later

LVVbCdq.png

It's creepy how closely aligned the dates and times are.

Is Stay Tuned!!! going to be a new meme. :lol

GrayFoxPL

I honestly don't have a problem with Hwoarang, seems K-pop-ish.

@Gray Looks fine to me, he is a guest character after all.

Yeah Hwo is even lite for k-pop standards. I don't mind his kof maximum impact look but I seriously thought I was looking at Claudio, lol.

He's not a guest character per se though. I know what you mean by it, but he is canon to Tekken now.

I still can't believe this is true. Harada just don't give a fuck, lol. But like Mike said, story has become trash by this point anyway.

I think that in T8 final boss responsible for all this mess will be unveiled as Ridge Racer Car.

JiRfhNy.jpg

Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom