• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheon

Might as well post these here too:
5f0OCAul.png

5BjuQGdl.png

EH0JsHDl.png

zeM2cajl.png

BFpfDXPl.png

Pachimari

There's a new feature in Fated Retribution called Rage Attacks. You can spend your rage doing EX versions of certain moves.

Rage Arts are having earlier activations.

Some moves go through fireballs.

- Source is basically Flying Wonkey.

Numb

Siiiigh.

Was really surprised to see Akuma has super meter. Seems to be some changes in regards to rage arts too. Not just visual either.

Can't say i hate them on Akuma since he is new and would funny

The super meter on him makes more sense than thinking those EX tatsus and shoryus were just frame

Oh, I hadn't seen the new trailer.

So new rage arts as well?

No um, you get rage earlier. You can now spend it on either rage attacks, which are like EX moves that seem to give extended combos, or on your rage art which scales with remaining health. Rage art visuals seem to be changed/improved.

Guess they listened to the complaints~

Pachimari

No um, you get rage earlier. You can now spend it on either rage attacks, which are like EX moves that seem to give extended combos, or on your rage art which scales with remaining health. Rage art visuals seem to be changed/improved.

Guess they listened to the complaints~

Oh yeah I know that. I just thought the characters' rage arts were going to look different compared to vanilla. I think Dragunov's were different.

AAK

Wow a new mechanic off rage. Thank you for listening Namco.

But it does suck for Law/Heihachi (and probably Jack) players who don't get a new redesign.

This is so unbelievably bad on so many levels, holy shit.

It's worse than Lucky Chloe.

Hwoarang's outfit does not prevent him from using his hands or legs in a fight. This automatically makes it superior to LC.

Nuszka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_stb1Tsz3Y just posting it here , the new trailer
Edit: wow so much to take in. Things i have noticed - Law is not getting a redesign, on Dragon Nest we get rain on 3rd round(thank god was scared they might change it), so far only one new stage, and all the changes to rage arts, really happy about that. Is its just me or side steps got bit buffed?

Numb

Wow a new mechanic off rage. Thank you for listening Namco.

But it does suck for Law/Heihachi (and probably Jack) players who don't get a new redesign.

Hwoarang's outfit does not prevent him from using his hands or legs in a fight. This automatically makes it superior to LC.

Heihachi got his tiger stripes coat back
Good enough for now

AllenShrz

New rage attack system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure how to feel about this.

With it they can extend the combos...... which is something that I dont like when I play TT2 after playing so much T7, the combos are not as long as in TT2, therefore I feel more engage rather than go and make a sandwich every time I get launched.

Pachimari

Okay so every character gets their own Rage Art (Red), Rage Attack (Yellow) & Power Crush (Blue)

Akuma's Focus Attack is his Power Crush and is done with 1+2.

To do EX version of moves, input both attack buttons after the motion input.

And the pdf.

Source: Flying Wonkey.

--------

I hope they release the character renders soon.

GrayFoxPL

OHHHHHH SHIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!

Rage Attack seems to work like one time use EX during rage.

Jin's EX electric!

Paul's EX DEATHFIST!!!!

Dream has come true!

I'm touching myself tonight.

Manbig

Dragunov's new super is a great example of reusing move animations in a good way. Just the slow walk up to the victim while they are keeled over in pain, and then him making that stupid face right before unleashing hell on the top of their dome, adds a ton of personality to it all.

A lot more of that please.

sasuke_91

Can someone translate the very last bit of the trailer, it was 2016 sumin sumin?

It's a trailer for the arcade version. It probably says that the arcade version is coming 2016.

Dragunov's new super is a great example of reusing move animations in a good way. Just the slow walk up to the victim while they are keeled over in pain, and then him making that stupid face right before unleashing hell on the top of their dome, adds a ton of personality to it all.

Yep, I really like that. Way better than his old rage art. I hope everyone gets something like that.

GrayFoxPL

Finally got to read the pdf.

Something got me worried.

For few characters Rage Attacks are mapped to existing moves.

Paul - qcf+1+2

Bryan - b+1+2

Leo - ff+2 (there's some note here)

King - f,d,df+1+2 (same note) - can someone translate?

I'm worried they'll change notations for old moves to something bad like qcf+2+3, b+1+4 etc.
Hitting 2+3 or 1+4 is no problem on a stick but try to hit those buttons with a thumb on a pad. Without claw possibility I can only button buffer them but never suddenly hit when needed. It's a pain for players like me.

Kaz's RAT is f,d,df+1+4 fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

But anyway remapping Bryan's parry is still surprising to me.

AAK

But anyway remapping Bryan's parry is still surprising to me.

I don't think it's a parry, I think it'll be Bryan's b+1 and then when you press 1+2 while doing it, it activates the Rage Attack. Just like with Paul's qcf+2 in the trailer, but I think holding 1+2 right after activates the blue aura cancel thing.

The only character to worry about in all this is Hwoarang. He looks like his outfit was directed towards Guilty Gear fans. Perhaps with Baek's predicted death, Hwoarang really cut loose. I like Ling Xiaoyu the best out of all. Good to see she still has her sweet face and her outfit is growing on me.

My only complaint would be why not just give all the characters an EX meter. Otherwise it is not going to be easy to explain why flashy moves are coming out. I have been playing Tekken for 10+ years, I can say I will not be offended if Tekken has meter management. At this point it is become a must for all fighters to sell themselves on presentation.

I am happy to say that Fingers To Fight blew up last night. 24 competitors in a Tekken Tag 2 online tournament was almost too much for me to handle. That said, after a year of some change of doing these online tournaments by myself. I am finally requesting help from the community. And no, not money. My current stance is to never ask for donations for myself. Without the community my tournament falls flat, so let ME pay you.

Anyway, I am not looking for talent, just consistency to be ready every Thursday. Anyone with a dream of being a commentator and need experience, anyone with a stream who could perhaps be a 2nd stream to run matches on. Let me know your ideas as Fingers To Fight does it's part to keep Tekken alive and well in wait for Tekken 7.

GrayFoxPL

I don't think it's a parry, I think it'll be Bryan's b+1 and then when you press 1+2 while doing it, it activates the Rage Attack. Just like with Paul's qcf+2 in the trailer, but I think holding 1+2 right after activates the blue aura cancel thing.

I don't mean his RAT(lol) is a parry. I mean his parry command is changed.

And it would be great if RATs activated the way you say, I'd love it, but I think it's not working like that.

I mean, look at the pdf, the commands are clearly shown. If something has multiple button presses like Jin's f,d,df+1+2,3,1 then it's shown there.

I don't know, I wish it would work like you say, It'd be way easier for me to press with button buffering.

My only complaint would be why not just give all the characters an EX meter. Otherwise it is not going to be easy to explain why flashy moves are coming out. I have been playing Tekken for 10+ years, I can say I will not be offended if Tekken has meter management. At this point it is become a must for all fighters to sell themselves on presentation.

I am happy to say that Fingers To Fight blew up last night. 24 competitors in a Tekken Tag 2 online tournament was almost too much for me to handle. That said, after a year of some change of doing these online tournaments by myself. I am finally requesting help from the community. And no, not money. My current stance is to never ask for donations for myself. Without the community my tournament falls flat, so let ME pay you.

Anyway, I am not looking for talent, just consistency to be ready every Thursday. Anyone with a dream of being a commentator and need experience, anyone with a stream who could perhaps be a 2nd stream to run matches on. Let me know your ideas as Fingers To Fight does it's part to keep Tekken alive and well in wait for Tekken 7.

Like I said Pixel I can jump on commentary on Thursdays.

Manbig

The only character to worry about in all this is Hwoarang. He looks like his outfit was directed towards Guilty Gear fans. Perhaps with Baek's predicted death, Hwoarang really cut loose. I like Ling Xiaoyu the best out of all. Good to see she still has her sweet face and her outfit is growing on me.

My Thursday evenings are open at the moment, and I have the ability to run a second stream. What exactly is the time frame that you need?

GrayFoxPL

Wanted to post some gifs but imgur is kinda broken for me at the time (upload so slow) so later.

But that new Rage health limit! It's huge! Devil Kazuya can now get his stuff blocked and live!

6gRWwPX.jpg

Pachimari

I feel like, Hwoarang's design will really grow on me in the coming months.

I also have the whole weekend free and to myself, so I should find some time for Tekken.

I really hope they keep the lifebars with those colors. They probably also indicate when we get Rage, and it seems we'll have plenty of life to do rage attacks, and probably finish off with a rage art if the situation makes it wise.

And Harada please, get rid of the Chromatic Abberation. It says something, when a person like me, have had a really hard time noticing it in other games, and then suddenly it's all up in my face in your game. At least, give us an option to turn it off in the console release.

GrayFoxPL

I like this chromic aggravation or something. It reminds me of VHS days(you know what VHS is younglings?) everything looked like that on VHS tape(but 10 times more "intense") especially if it was old tape or grinded to maximum, hehe.

Give me more of this chromotic whatever, crank it up to level 10!

Pachimari

It just looks so dark and grim, which reminds me a little of Tekken 6, which is probably the look I like the least in the series. Just give me more popping color (not those customization colors please!) and sparkles! Lots of sparkles.

ManBig - What is your Stream and I will add a link to it on my stream. Not easy to say what the time frame is because that depends on how many enter. However, the goal is be done before ATP Live starts. Fingers To Fight starts at 7PM Eastern/4PM Pacific and looks to end before 11PM Eastern/8PM Pacific. I think in the use of a second stream would be to have Fingers To Fight handle Winners Bracket and Grand Final, and your stream to handle Losers Bracket. You are welcome to have commentary of your own and such.

MikeBreezy92 - Alright, tournament starts at 7PM Thursday, February 11th, 2016. Voice chat will be handled with Discord and I will send you an invite to enter the room when the tourney starts.

Anyone also looking to commentate will be welcome if Mikebreezy cannot. If more than one commentator is able to keep Thursday, then they will alternate each week, and of course relieve a commentator needing to leave.

Rules for the tournament and also yourselves.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kl3FPoa9wjCRKwot1KL0uEomAfZowTwTxQWJXKHUOlQ/edit

Anyways, back to Tekken 7. Good eye on noticing that the life bar color likely signals where rage begins. I still think Tekken just needs to get a super meter already.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I prefer rage to a super meter. Keeps it once-per-round instead of an anytime/anywhere sort of thing. You always know when it's going to happen, and there's no way to grind it up, except by endangering yourself. Plus, a super-meter is just as often a domination mechanic as it is a comeback/last-line-of-defense mechanic, and I think the Tekken team is aiming to keep rage as the latter.

GrayFoxPL

I prefer rage to a super meter. Keeps it once-per-round instead of an anytime/anywhere sort of thing. You always know when it's going to happen, and there's no way to grind it up, except by endangering yourself. Plus, a super-meter is just as often a domination mechanic as it is a comeback mechanic, and I think the Tekken team is aiming to keep rage as the latter.

I prefer super meter that you have to earn to fill. No matter how you look at it Rage, Rage Arts, Rage Attacks are "rewards" for getting your ass kicked. Ideally the best player would not have ability to use these things.

So yeah they could keep this as a comeback mechanic but separate super/ex bar should be there too because the winning player should also be rewarded for, you know, playing actually better then his opponent.

KOF has both, so why not?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I prefer super meter that you have to earn to fill. No matter how you look at it Rage, Rage Arts, Rage Attacks are "rewards" for getting your ass kicked. Ideally the best player would not have ability to use these things.

So yeah they could keep this as a comeback mechanic but separate super/ex bar should be there too because the winning player should also be rewarded for, you know, playing actually better then his opponent.

...why? They're winning. If they're so good, then they shouldn't need a reward to keep winning. And if the other player's comeback causes them to stop winning, they themselves should have an opportunity to get a comeback in turn.

GrayFoxPL

...why? They're winning. If they're so good, then they shouldn't need a reward to keep winning. And if the other player's comeback causes them to stop winning, they themselves should have an opportunity to get a comeback in turn.

Because if a fighting game had tools like supers and ex/enhanced moves, it gave it to both sides - the winning and losing one and that worked out quite well over 2 decades or so.
I don't understand why the winning player should be working harder to finish his opponent off, twitching and being super careful not get hit by RageArt that will be even more dangerous now with rage health doubled. And if the answer to a comeback mechanic is getting beat so you can acquire said comeback mechanic...it's not an answer, not for me.

Sometimes you just have to be allowed to kill the fucker dead, quick and simple, finish the deal, skin the cat(wait...) and not toy all day waiting for "an opportunity" because you can't afford to whiff a 12 framer since Rage art can take half your life bar.

Because if a fighting game had tools like supers and ex/enhanced moves, it gave it to both sides - the winning and losing one and that worked out quite well over 2 decades or so.
I don't understand why the winning player should be working harder to finish his opponent off, twitching and being super careful not get hit by RageArt that will be even more dangerous now with rage health doubled. And if the answer to a comeback mechanic is getting beat so you can acquire said comeback mechanic...it's not an answer, not for me.

The answer is to stay on point and not get careless. Like you said, if you're winning you wouldn't need comeback mechanics.

I just don't see the need for Meter management besides using Rage as meter. I think that works fine within the system.

Gambit61

Interesting that they gave King that weird grounded stun back, but now as an EX move. I wonder what he gets out of the EX version.

Yep, I love this new animation.
Capcom pls bring Q back for SFV
latest

Sayah

I loooooove FR. Dayum. So amazing. Really hoping I get to play this game soon. It looks so beautiful.

Interesting new mechanics + best graphics + new defaults for mostly everyone = fresh look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom