• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Good time to be a TEKKEN fan.

I'm sure this is just in light of the recent smorgasbord of new FR stuff, but still...

giphy.gif

Dereck

I'll have to accept that the creators think that Law's golden pants is enough of an upgrade. I guess I'll wait out for a Kung Fu Gi customization or something. With the mustache item out there I could make a decent alternate costume for the guy.

Good time to be a TEKKEN fan.
Get out

Sayah

I personally prefer Law to keep his gold pants instead of getting a new default. I think the new color change looks awesome.

Dereck

Regardless of what people (like me) may feel about his costume, for the first time in Tekken history we see Hwo without hair dye. You can tell too since people think that a Korean would actually have red hair. I hope these new costumes come with good story explanations.

The redesigns ain't gonna mean much if there's no exposition to come with them.

I personally prefer Law to keep his gold pants instead of getting a new default. I think the new color change looks awesome.
Yeah, if Nina had her Tekken Tag Tournament 2 costume in Tekken 7 and it was green instead of purple, you would probably find that awesome too.

Pachimari

Oh, so if you uses rage attacks, you won't be able to use rage art. Makes sense. But why do Josie's rage attack have to be so "hard" (at least for me looking at that pdf).

I had a feeling that Hwoarang would get a new costume, and that Law and Jack wouldn't get anything new, because they already look real new to me - even though they are only color swaps. I'm fine with the golden pants but it would have been cooler if he had gotten a more drastic change.

Regardless of what people (like me) may feel about his costume, for the first time in Tekken history we see Hwo without hair dye. You can tell too since people think that a Korean would actually have red hair. I hope these new costumes come with good story explanations.

The redesigns ain't gonna mean much if there's no exposition to come with them.

Yeah, if Nina had her Tekken Tag Tournament 2 costume in Tekken 7 and it was green instead of purple, you would probably find that awesome too.

I would really love to know what happened to Hwoarang's eye. See, these are the character evolutions I have been missing since Tekken 4. It's probably Devil Jin who pulled out his eyeball, ouch.

Creaking

I'll have to accept that the creators think that Law's golden pants is enough of an upgrade. I guess I'll wait out for a Kung Fu Gi customization or something. With the mustache item out there I could make a decent alternate costume for the guy.

At least Law is fairly popular as-is. Jack 7 doesn't have a lot of fans, and a new look could have given him a renewed attraction, but instead he gets glowing green lines and clown-red hair.

But I guess I can give him a deer head and make him look like a wind-up toy, so... yipee?

Jack-Black-Forces-A-Smile-In-Nacho-Libre-Gif.gif

Sayah

So improvements suggested for FR (in order of highest to lowest priority):

1. Fix Hwoarang's new default
2. Jungle Outpost and Souq ONLY looked better with the daytime lighting in vanilla T7 - hoping FR is just showing a night time version of the stages
3. Fix Nina's hair
4. Fix Lili's hair
5. Refine Asuka's model even further

Manbig

ManBig - What is your Stream and I will add a link to it on my stream. Not easy to say what the time frame is because that depends on how many enter. However, the goal is be done before ATP Live starts. Fingers To Fight starts at 7PM Eastern/4PM Pacific and looks to end before 11PM Eastern/8PM Pacific. I think in the use of a second stream would be to have Fingers To Fight handle Winners Bracket and Grand Final, and your stream to handle Losers Bracket. You are welcome to have commentary of your own and such.

My stream is http://twitch.tv/manny_biggz

I'm also down to help with commentary if you want. I'll be home from work in time. The only times I imagine that I might not be available are during the heavy school grind times during the semester, but my classes seem like they might not be so rough this semester, so we'll see.

Let me know if you're okay with all of that.

AAK

So improvements suggested for FR (in order of highest to lowest priority):

1. Fix Hwoarang's new default
2. Jungle Outpost and Souq ONLY looked better with the daytime lighting in vanilla T7 - hoping FR is just showing a night time version of the stages
3. Fix Nina's hair
4. Fix Lili's hair
5. Refine Asuka's model even further

How is Hwoarang's case more dire than LC?

Or maybe that's implying LC is unfixable...

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
As promised AAK, this is the site that I use for a lot of things. He's got some pretty solid stuff on grooming, dieting and working out.

As for DJ's "re-design", I posted this before but this was what I was hoping for.

I hope DJ gets an updated designed as well. Something on the lines of this:
tumblr_nqrmfwx9AE1tmmaxuo1_500.jpg

Given Jin's current outfit.

EDIT My bad, you were right, that Unknown concept did have a schoolgirl version,
unknown-tekken-special-artwork-2004.jpg

I was thinking about this one.
unknown_04.jpg

AAK

^^
Thanks!

As long as Namco works on implementing new animations and new mechanics, I'm ready to wait as long as I need... Besides I've kinda been saying 2017 for a while now so this doesn't surprise me.

At least LC has personality. She's grown on most people. New Hwoarang is just tragic and embarrassing for the franchise. I've never seen something so ugly in my life.

I think as a Hwo main you're still in the denial phase. :p

Creaking

I think that Hwoarang would look better without the necklace and eyepatch. Or without the jacket. The necklace + jacket chain is just too much, looks thrown on just for the sake of it.

Pachimari

I think that Hwoarang would look better without the necklace and eyepatch. Or without the jacket. The necklace + jacket chain is just too much, looks thrown on just for the sake of it.
I'm convinced it's only there so he have some clothes that sways and moves. Nearly every character has something that moves, it's pretty unusual. It's like they really want to show off the tech.

Nuszka

I really hope for a 2016 release but it looks like it will not happen. Setting my expectations low from this point on.
Ps4 is so far the longest on the marked without any TK title available, looks like it will be well over 3 years this time around.

Creaking

I really hope for a 2016 release but it looks like it will not happen. Setting my expectations low from this point on.
Ps4 is so far the longest on the marked without any TK title available, looks like it will be well over 3 years this time around.

Yeah, too bad they didn't invest in porting Tekken Tag 2. Could have brought them a happy little income alongside Tekken 7 arcade.

GrayFoxPL

The answer is to stay on point and not get careless. Like you said, if you're winning you wouldn't need comeback mechanics.

I just don't see the need for Meter management besides using Rage as meter. I think that works fine within the system.

Super aquired by winning is not a comeback mechanic. It was always balanced like that so loser and winner get the same tools for a chance to comeback AND to finish opponent off.

What we have favorites the loser with powerfull tools while giving winner nothing which is essentially a handicap.

I don't see the reason why only Akuma have a meter gain bars to use.

Disregarding everything, would anyone agree that only one character having super meter looks really really dumb on the screen?

Sayah

I am so damn f****** annoyed with this damn f****** arcade model.

If June is the earliest it can release, we will not be getting any console announcement at E3 or even EVO, which means 2017 release to me. I don't think I can care enough for this game to wait till 2017. I've waited patiently long enough. PS4 will be 3 years old by November and Namco will still not have any SoulCalibur or Tekken title on the platform.

If it comes out in June I still see a 2016 release. July and later I really don't see it.

It will have to come out in June if it wants to be at EVO.

Hwoarang's design is more ugly. Though, I didn't include LC because Harada has mentioned they won't change defaults for the new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom