• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

Seems like we can play a Tekken game on current gen consoles. Tag 2 just got backward compatibility on XOne. That is at least something.

At what framerate? I know some last-gen titles run at 20fps via XOne emulation, Mass Effect being one example.

Rajang

MarkMan's been doing some pretty good drive-by troll posting.

GiT6HwT.gif

LOL.

Numb

Atleast that is something
Here you get nothing. You can have all the news and updates you want but as long as a release isn't one of them it might aswell not exist at all. But that ain't happening in this internet age and watching but not touching has gotten old way long ago

Dereck

Atleast that is something
Here you get nothing. You can have all the news and updates you want but as long as a release isn't one of them it might aswell not exist at all. But that ain't happening in this internet age and watching but not touching has gotten old way long ago
I might have to go to final round, but really though I'm not fucking with a DS4 in Tekken

Nuszka

Just spent a view minutes in Tag 2 and I have to say it's less fun then a view days ago :( there is nothing to look forward to so my enjoyment with my favourite franchise is at an all time low, mind I have been playing tekken for about 20 years now.
It's good time to be a tekken fan ...

HeelPower

Option 1:
If they want to make the best of the arcade release,they could always delay the console release within arcade regions and release it everywhere else.

Really 2017 is seriously over doing it,especially when they're practically just sitting on a complete game that every Tekken fan wants to play.

Option 2:
Release Tekken 6 or Tekken Revolution remastered for PS4/XB1.Something to keep us waiting.

Tekken | OT2 | Stay Tuned Boyz

Tekken | OT2 | Backburner is Best Burner

Btw, what is Yoshis rage attack move? Can't quite tell. Please don't tell me it's KIN f+2. That makes it combo ender potential only, since you get blown up using it otherwise.

If Tekken 7:FR comes out in 2017 it will have been a longer wait than Tekken 6 by far. DR had it's console release in early 2007, fall 2009 Tekken 6 finally got to consoles. So let's say that's 2 1/2 years. Tag 2 came out on consoles Fall 2012. Come fall 2016 it will have been 4 years between console releases. That's the longest gap in the history of Tekken.

Dereck

If Tekken 7:FR comes out in 2017 it will have been a longer wait than Tekken 6 by far. DR had it's console release in early 2007, fall 2009 Tekken 6 finally got to consoles. So let's say that's 2 1/2 years. Tag 2 came out on consoles Fall 2012. Come fall 2016 it will have been 4 years between console releases. That's the longest gap in the history of Tekken.
TFCVbB5.gif

Numb

495831.gif

Sayah

kristen-laugh-cry-1436968659.gif

I was way off last year.

1AJWciP.jpg

Fuck Namco

Gotta milk them arcades dry!

Sayah

Man, I remember waiting for Tekken 6 to come out. That was a wait right there.

I never thought a wait worse that BR would happen again but here we are.
They keep pushing aside their main fan base - and that explains the increasingly worse performance on consoles.

Mizerman

I never thought a wait worse that BR would happen again but here we are.
They keep pushing aside their main fan base - and that explains the increasingly worse performance on consoles.

Heh.

It got to the point where my friends were surprised when Tekken 6 finally came out. To be fair, I had the same reaction as them.

Dereck

Serious question

Would there be any reason for Namco to release this game in the arcades and on console at the same time?

Sayah

Heh.

It got to the point where my friends were surprised when Tekken 6 finally came out. To be fair, I had the same reaction as them.

Yeah, and then Tekken 6 price dropped to $20 like 2 weeks after release because no one was interested in the game any longer except die hard fans.

This sums up Namco's attitude with worldwide fans.
giphy.gif

Numb

Serious question

Would there be any reason for Namco to release this game in the arcades and on console at the same time?

None
Arcade would take a huge hit
But the majority of people don't care and it's basically like a timed exclusive on a very very small platform considering worldwide. AKA fuck arcades

Serious question

Apparently arcade owners wouldn't buy the units if they had to compete with a home release at the same time. It's the same reason we have to wait so long in the first place, to appease arcade owners and make sure they get their money's worth in exclusivity.

Sayah

Serious question

Nope.
All we can hope for is that arcades finally die off in Asia as well.

I used to be a big fan of the arcade model because we got timely releases in the past (as your chart above demonstrates). Now they're making 2-3 year waits standard, which I won't tolerate at all.

Serious question

They pissed off vendors in Japan with the quick console release of 5.0. It was like 4 months. They got so much backlash they developed DR just to make them happy. Since then they are always cautious about releasing too early on console.

Numb

Apparently arcade owners wouldn't buy the units if they had to compete with a home release at the same time. It's the same reason we have to wait so long in the first place, to appease arcade owners and make sure they get their money's worth in exclusivity.

AKA fuck arcades
I'm ok with waiting max a year(and that's alot in this day) but with the way things are currently going it's not cool. Yeah Tekken 7 vanilla isn't even a full game and we should count from FR but that still isn't enough justification

Sayah

AKA fuck arcades
I'm ok with waiting max a year(and that's alot in this day) but with the way things are currently going it's not cool. Yeah Tekken 7 vanilla isn't even a full game and we should count from FR but that still isn't enough justification

You gotta stay tuned!! numb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom