• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they released the damn arcade game world wide it wouldn't be as much of a problem. If they strike a deal with like Dave & Busters to offer them discounted cabs they could fill the West with them. Dave & Busters could even help with promotion.

Sayah

If they released the damn arcade game world wide it wouldn't be as much of a problem. If they strike a deal with like Dave & Busters to offer them discounted cabs they could fill the West with them. Dave & Busters could even help with promotion.

Based on what the D&B VP had said, the limited vanilla release was not much of a success - even though every time I went to D&B, there were lines to play the game.

I remember one of the GAF members here even took a flight to NYC D&B to play the game........twice.

Edit: For reference, http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172666660&postcount=6466

Based on what the D&B VP had said, the limited vanilla release was not much of a success - even though every time I went to D&B, there were lines to play the game.

I remember one of the GAF members here even took a flight to NYC D&B to play the game........twice.
Yeah when I went down it was the only game with a line. Only way that makes sense to me is if the cabs are too expensive. I don't understand how it could be a failure. Also what he doesn't understand is that even after the game hits consoles people will still come and play a lot. It will only really die down once a new Tekken is released.

Sayah

Yeah when I went down it was the only game with a line. Only way that makes sense to me is if the cabs are too expensive. I don't understand how it could be a failure. Also what he doesn't understand is that even after the game hits consoles people will still come and play a lot. It will only really die down once a new Tekken is released.

Well, I sure wouldn't go to arcades once the console version releases. After a long day of work, I don't really feel like spending time in an arcade, even though I'm a 10-15 minute subway ride away.

Playing from the comfort of home with a dualshock 4 instead of being forced to play with arcade sticks is the main benefit.

Well, I sure wouldn't go to arcades once the console version releases. After a long day of work, I don't really feel like spending time in an arcade, even though I'm a 10-15 minute subway ride away.

Playing from the comfort of home with a dualshock 4 instead of being forced to play with arcade sticks is the main benefit.
I enjoy the social aspect of arcades and in my day the arcade machines had controller ports.

cordy

Banned
Eh, that Tekken release pic isn't completely accurate. In regards to when T7 is releasing, one thing people haven't mentioned (that I've seen) is how long it takes to port the game to consoles.

I get a feeling that it won't take 1 year to port this game to consoles. Don't even think it'll take 6 months given the PS4's system isn't as complicated as the PS3.

One of the PS4's main improvements that Sony spoke to multiple developers about when deciding on how to create the system is how easy it is to develop for the system compared to the PS3. The PS3 was a nightmare to make games on. The PS4 is a "developer's console" and given that it's not near as chaotic to put games on compared to the 3. Namco took 6 months from TTT2U's release to put it on consoles from the arcade release. That's pretty quick on the chaotic PS3. It makes no sense to me for Namco to not release this game this year if it's supposedly as easy as we're heard about the PS4. And if it doesn't come out this year then Namco's spending too much time on add-ons like Scenario Mode and all this extra stuff but even so TTT2 didn't have that issue.

Hell, Mark Cerny (PS4 lead architect) said the PS4 is as easy to develop on as the PS1. Think about that for a bit. We shouldn't be seeing anything like with the PS3 generation for this game to hit the PS4 and if anything they can probably put it out as quick as they did the PS1/PS2's games if need be, T5 took 3 months to hit consoles.

It all depends on when the arcade version releases. IMO if it releases in June-July we'll probably see it November this year if not, for some reason, December.

Sayah

Eh, that Tekken release pic isn't completely accurate. In regards to when T7 is releasing, one thing people haven't mentioned (that I've seen) is how long it takes to port the game to consoles.

I get a feeling that it won't take 1 year to port this game to consoles. Don't even think it'll take 6 months given the PS4's system isn't as complicated as the PS3.

One of the PS4's main improvements that Sony spoke to multiple developers about when deciding on how to create the system is how easy it is to develop for the system compared to the PS3. The PS3 was a nightmare to make games on. The PS4 is a "developer's console" and given that it's not near as chaotic to put games on compared to the 3. Namco took 6 months from TTT2U's release to put it on consoles from the arcade release. That's pretty quick on the chaotic PS3. It makes no sense to me for Namco to not release this game this year if it's supposedly as easy as we're heard about the PS4. And if it doesn't come out this year then Namco's spending too much time on add-ons like Scenario Mode and all this extra stuff but even so TTT2 didn't have that issue.

Hell, Mark Cerny (PS4 lead architect) said the PS4 is as easy to develop on as the PS1. Think about that for a bit. We shouldn't be seeing anything like with the PS3 generation for this game to hit the PS4 and if anything they can probably put it out as quick as they did the PS1/PS2's games if need be, T5 took 3 months to hit consoles.

It all depends on when the arcade version releases. IMO if it releases in June-July we'll probably see it November this year if not, for some reason, December.

While I want to believe this, I also have my doubts. Assuming the game releases June 2016 in arcades, Namco won't start marketing a console release until at least a few months later. Arcade owners may be pissed if the game's already on consoles by November the same year.

cordy

Banned
While I want to believe this, I also have my doubts. Assuming the game releases June 2016 in arcades, Namco won't start marketing a console release until at least a few months later. Arcade owners may be pissed if the game's already on consoles by November the same year.
According to Cerny, adapting games developed on a PC framework to the PS4 is a much easier process than with previous consoles. He recalls, "Relatively small titles took less than a month, and even big titles took only 2 to 3 months."
Given that it all depends on all the extra stuff Namco does like with Scenario Campaign, all the different modes, endings, all that extra stuff but the time frame shouldn't be long at all. In theory they can announce the arcade release date once the location tests are done, announce the console release date at EVO and then put it out later on this year. They can just do the promotion on that I'd say.

Right now the only reason T7 doesn't release this year doesn't deal with them not being able to do it but given Harada said in an interview that after T7FR releases they'll start on the console version and then given how long it takes to put a game on the PS4, it really looks likely this year. It's ok to have doubts, I'm just saying it wouldn't make sense to do a PS3 Tekken release schedule when not only is the architecture different but also given the fact that Harada said they're doing the PS4 version after.

Also, I thought either Harada or Murry said T7 has been the most profitable Tekken in arcade's history thus far before even the BR update. Given that I don't think arcades would be mad if it releases this year. Those guys have already made their money.

Sayah

Given that it all depends on all the extra stuff Namco does like with Scenario Campaign, all the different modes, endings, all that extra stuff but the time frame shouldn't be long at all. In theory they can announce the arcade release date once the location tests are done, announce the console release date at EVO and then put it out later on this year. They can just do the promotion on that I'd say.

Right now the only reason T7 doesn't release this year doesn't deal with them not being able to do it but given Harada said in an interview that after T7FR releases they'll start on the console version and then given how long it takes to put a game on the PS4, it really looks likely this year. It's ok to have doubts, I'm just saying it wouldn't make sense to do a PS3 Tekken release schedule when not only is the architecture different but also given the fact that Harada said they're doing the PS4 version after.

Also, I thought either Harada or Murry said T7 has been the most profitable Tekken in arcade's history thus far before even the BR update. Given that I don't think arcades would be mad if it releases this year. Those guys have already made their money.

Again, hoping you're right but I'm not getting hyped until we know for sure.

Those arcade cabs cost a lot and not sure if 4-5 months will be enough time for arcade owners to recoup profits.

sasuke_91

Heh.

It got to the point where my friends were surprised when Tekken 6 finally came out. To be fair, I had the same reaction as them.

My friends were surprised when there was no Tekken releasing with the new console and by the time the game finally released nobody cared anymore and everybody was hating on the game (me included).
3 years into the PS4's lifecycle and there's no current oder last gen Tekken on that system. Tekken 7 will bomb hard...

Serious question

Would there be any reason for Namco to release this game in the arcades and on console at the same time?

If they want to get rid of the arcade model. Only then they would release the game on both platforms at the same time.

I don't think the problems lie in porting the game to the PS4. I guess everyone agrees that the PS4's developer-friendly architecture and UE4 will speed up the process tremendously. The problem would be arcade operators being pissed if they can't milk the shit out of T7:FR before the game hits consoles.

By the way, will they have to get brand new arcades for FR or will the vanilla ones be updated? I think it's the former option :/

lupinko

I have a gut feeling it'll be March the earliest, you don't advertise it like that for a summer release.

Came to think of it, can we still not remove Katarina's shades through customizations?

No you cannot.

Anyway I'm passing on a PS4 again because even though I already own like 10+ games for PS4, I'd rather get a custom supergun which I'm currently in the process of getting. The supergun won't always be there whereas the game I'd only really go out and buy a PS4 for immedlately is FR.

And said game and its vanilla version is why I'm not really hyped on SFV and why I passed on the Volcanic edition, even though the inner Capcom fanboy that Capcom beat down with SF4 was trying to make a comeback.

I'm hyped because the Supergun is very portable and will have Saturn ports, and I'm still waiting for my buddy back home to upgrade my HSS-0130 before I get it brought to me.

Mod my giant Saturn stick so it can have or do the following:
- replace awful Sega buttons with Seimitsu pushbuttons
- desolder buttons from PCB so it allows for easy switching
- replace the top bolts with screws so the top panel can be switched with other panels very quickly without having to remove the bottom of the bezel
- it's not popping up on Yahoo auctions right now, but usually they have full Sanwa installed 6-button 2p Sega panels, the top idea allows me to switch from Seimitsu to Sanwa with ease

With the special adapters I'm getting the stick besides being compatible with Saturn will be compatible with:
- JAMMA
- PS3
- PS4
- PC Xinput

I did sorta care about X360, but I never was able to buy UMVC3 complete on it in time (I have it complete on PS3) and I don't play that game, and Ultra is better now on PS4 and is even better on PC and Arcade, but I hate SF4 to begin with. For Xbone, with SFV not on Xbone it kills it really since any meet I will ever venture to (with me living in Japan now this is unlikely to happen) will likely be PS4 focused. Oh right and Killer Instinct is coming to Windows 10.

I'd really like to own a MVS, and I read about the modded battery-less CPS3 which makes me really happy to hear. I already own Atomiswave, and besides HNK which I own, I'd like to have Rumblefish 2, the latter being hilarious because I hated what Dimps did to SF with SF4 and RF2 is their baby. Haha

Yeah I'm rambling but tldr, Tekken 7 nullifies SFV hype for me.

sasuke_91

I have a gut feeling it'll be March the earliest, you don't advertise it like that for a summer release.
Do you mean the arcade version? Or March 2017 for consoles? It says Summer 2016 in the trailer for the arcade version, so that one's pretty much confirmed.

lupinko

Do you mean the arcade version? Or March 2017 for consoles? It says Summer 2016 in the trailer for the arcade version, so that one's pretty much confirmed.

Really? I'd have to watch that trailer again then, I didn't catch that, I was just paying attention to all the new system changes.

Edit: looking at the official site I confused last year's February mini launch as a location test since the only location tests listed for vanilla were in October and November of 2014. So even before the trailer confirmation, taking that into account it would be around that time frame.

If that is the case then location tests aside, everyone* will get FR at the same time.

*Everyone outside of Asia Pacific and Oceania can play at Evo.

sasuke_91

@lupinko: Yeah :/

End of the trailer says T7 FR is coming out in arcades in Summer 2016. Summer in Japan is around June ~ August time.

2016-02-0615_36_53-7f8cuva.png

T.T

That's why we've been spamming 4 pages of disappointment in 1 day.

Sayah

Really? I'd have to watch that trailer again then, I didn't catch that, I was just paying attention to all the new system changes.

Yeah, it's at the end of the trailer.
And Murray confirmed.

https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/695734627982376960

Aha, it's entirely the other way around for me. Lack of Tekken makes me settle for SF5.

I'm not getting SFV because I know it's not my type of fighter. I tried the beta and things just don't click with me.

Maybe I'll cave in and buy it day one depending on my mood. Or if it does really badly with sales and puts the franchises future at jeopardy, then I'll buy it just to support.

By the way, will they have to get brand new arcades for FR or will the vanilla ones be updated? I think it's the former option :/

As far as I know, it's the former option. No way Namco's passing up on more $$. A simple update to vanilla cabs won't give them that cash.

lupinko

I don't think this will be a 2016 console game then with the summer release date, at best a December date? I don't know what to say, sorry guys!

And arcade operators didn't just give Bamco shit for Tekken 5, I figure they also did it with Gundam Extreme Vs. Full-Boost, the PS3 port pretty much killed the scene, even though it came out two years later. But Bamco released Maxi-Boost two months after PS3 FB so that fire got fanned out quickly.

Edit: Also PS4 Xrd killed the scene for Xrd until Revelator came out.

Sayah

I don't think this will be a 2016 console game then with the summer release date, at best a December date? I don't know what to say, sorry guys!

And arcade operators didn't just give Bamco shit for Tekken 5, I figure they also did it with Gundam Extreme Vs. Full-Boost, the PS3 port pretty much killed the scene, even though it came out two years later. But Bamco released Maxi-Boost two months after PS3 FB so that fire got fanned out quickly.

Edit: Also PS4 Xrd killed the scene for Xrd until Revelator came out.

This is exactly why we're all on the edge for the last few pages.

lupinko

This is exactly why we're all on the edge for the last few pages.

Yeah guys sorry, ggpo Tekken 7 for console, SFV has that market cornered.

On a more serious note, I haven't been following this thread as much since I've been really busy with work lately.

Sayah

Yeah guys sorry, ggpo Tekken 7 for console, SFV has that market cornered.

On a more serious note, I haven't been following this thread as much since I've been really busy with work lately.

It's okay. You don't have to apologize for Namco.
I'm just very annoyed with the arcade model, that's all. And the thought that this'll be a wait even longer than Tekken 6 is very depressing.

GrayFoxPL

What countries even have T7 arcades, not like one, but actual multi setups? Japan, S.Korea and...?

I tell you I don't believe the revenue comes from T7 the "normal way" like previous Tekkens. It's the system they figured out. Namco had a lot of time to test shit out with all the free to play games they let out. All this random items you get and not the want you want, daily bonuses for logging in with your card, bonuses, revenge match that costs you 2 credits and when you're pissed you'll pay without thinking. All this is a sneaky f2p like methodology.

All this console release date shit. It's not about "the right timing" "development time" and all that PR crap.
They're stalling because they are trying to figure out how to transfer that arcade revenue system to consoles and not cause an outrage on forums like ours. They very much know that we don't fall for crap easily and we'll make it stink so hard they'll be backpedaling before they can say: "pay 2 play".

I can only imagine how much is going on behind the curtains. And all matters come to one thing - money. How much money can they take from you and how to do it so you don't protest or even be happy to pay extra.

T7 console won't get a release date until they figure this shit out.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they came back to Tekken Revolution and implement new monetary stuff just to see how players react.

lupinko

It's okay. You don't have to apologize for Namco.
I'm just very annoyed with the arcade model, that's all. And the thought that this'll be a wait even longer than Tekken 6 is very depressing.

I'm not apologizing for Namco, if anything they have an unfortunate slot machine hold on me when I play when I'm fatigued and/or sleep deprived, ugh.

Still not changing my mind on SFV though, that Supergun is too good to pass up, it'll also be cheaper than a PS4, and it'll have more resale value in the future. I doubt I'd sell it though.

GrayFoxPL:

http://web.tekken-net.org/tk7/top/location/index

Sayah

What countries even have T7 arcades, not like one, but actual multi setups? Japan, S.Korea and...?

I tell you I don't believe the revenue comes from T7 the "normal way" like previous Tekkens. It's the system they figured out. Namco had a lot of time to test shit out with all the free to play games they let out. All this random items you get and not the want you want, daily bonuses for logging in with your card, bonuses, revenge match that costs you 2 credits and when you're pissed you'll pay without thinking. All this is a sneaky f2p like methodology.

All this console release date shit. It's not about "the right timing" "development time" and all that PR crap.
They're stalling because they are trying to figure out how to transfer that arcade revenue system to consoles and not cause an outrage on forums like ours. They very much know that we don't fall for crap easily and we'll make it stink so hard they'll be backpedaling before they can say: "pay 2 play".

I can only imagine how much is going on behind the curtains. And all matters come to one thing - money. How much money can they take from you and how to do it so you don't protest or even be happy to pay extra.

T7 console won't get a release date until they figure this shit out.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they came back to Tekken Revolution and implement new monetary stuff just see how players react.

Well, Namco is a business so I don't blame them for having a profit-oriented outlook.

It's just that they're seriously hurting their franchise by completely ignoring over 90% of their fanbase worldwide for so long. I'm a longtime fan since Tekken 3 days - and even I'm considering just not caring about this franchise anymore. All of this wait time is just not what we're used to. Tekken 6 was supposed to be the exception, not the rule.

GrayFoxPL

Well, Namco is a business so I don't blame them for having a profit-oriented outlook.

It's just that they're seriously hurting their franchise by completely ignoring over 90% of their fanbase worldwide for so long. I'm a longtime fan since Tekken 3 days - and even I'm considering just not caring about this franchise anymore. All of this wait time is just not what we're used to. Tekken 6 was supposed to be the exception, not the rule.

Fanbase means nothing. We mean nothing...no, we are actually the not-preferable element. They want new type of customer. Preferably the one who is easily addicted to f2p systems and likes to pay2win and other bullshit.

Sayah

Fanbase means nothing. We mean nothing...no, we are actually the not-preferable element. They want new type of customer. Preferably the one who is easily addicted to f2p systems and likes to pay2win and other bullshit.

Maybe you meant pay2play, not pay2win since Tekken 7 isn't based on such a system.

But I wouldn't say we're not important. Namco just wants to milk the arcades for as long as possible and then reap more profits from a console version. But the longer they delay, the less people there will be that are interested in Tekken 7. Long time fans like myself may just buy used copies begrudgingly as a personal FU to Namco.

Edit: Also, Tekken makes me weak. It's the only game I would support through a Pay2Play model if it meant we got the game in 2016.

GrayFoxPL

Maybe you meant pay2play, not pay2win since Tekken 7 isn't based on such a system.

But I wouldn't say we're not important. Namco just wants to milk the arcades for as long as possible and then reap more profits from a console version. But the longer they delay, the less people there will be that are interested in Tekken 7. Long time fans like myself may just buy used copies begrudgingly as a personal FU to Namco.

I meant the type of customer who likes this shit. Pay2win is a wet dream of corporations.

Note that I don't mean the actual developers or even Harada. I believe Harada lost great battle with Namco execs with TTT2. He gave practically everything for free to players, so much content that could be sold. I don't think Namco liked that. There had to be some kind of bet. If TTT2 was a success they'll fuck off and Harada gets his way, if it fails Harada will do what they want. And thus Tekken Revolution was born and bunch of other f2p games then from T:R - T7 with heavy monetary system.
T7 Console is the next step.

Sayah

I meant the type of customer who likes this shit. Pay2win is a wet dream of corporations.

Note that I don't mean the actual developers or even Harada. I believe Harada lost great battle with Namco execs with TTT2. He gave practically everything for free to players, so much content that could be sold. I don't think Namco liked that. There had to be some kind of bet. If TTT2 was a success they'll fuck off and Harada gets his way, if it fails Harada will do what they want. And thus Tekken Revolution was born and bunch of other f2p games then from T:R - T7 with heavy monetary system.
T7 Console is the next step.

It is very unfortunate TTT2 wasn't a massive success - but it was a tough time to be releasing that game. End of a console cycle with excessive competition (with DoA5 in particular releasing the same month).

I'm just tired of going back and forth from being excited to disappointed with this game. The release timing they are suggesting has really bummed me out. Even though FR itself is looking really really good.

GrayFoxPL

It is very unfortunate TTT2 wasn't a massive success - but it was a tough time to be releasing that game. End of a console cycle with excessive competition (with DoA5 in particular releasing the same month).

I'm just tired of going back and forth from being excited to disappointed with this game. The release timing they are suggesting has really bummed me out. Even though FR itself is looking really really good.

I'm not even bothered by lack of release date to be honest. I can understand the frustration, but having been in Tekken since mid 90's the wait for a console port was always a year minimum. Even if times changed and the reason for delay is not technical. I'm not worried until I have someone to play TTT2 online. When that ends, then I'll start worrying.

I can only wish you guys to not wait for T7 every day, it'll only make you insane. Play Tag2, sharpen your skills and watch T7 from the sidelines, then it'll come. When you will not wait for it.

I'm pretty hyped up for the FR beta test personally. I love Tekken Beta tests, always some crazy shit players find in like 2 days, lol.

GrayFoxPL

Yep, I'd imagine MadCatz is pushing for new joysticks for profit which is understandable.

I wish I wouldn't be so helpless about it. It frustrates me and keeps me awake at night.

They(MadCatz) can sell their stuff to whoever they want I just want them to not enforce or bribe companies like Capcom and Namco to not use Lab Zero's driver. Clause of some sorts. Because it ruins me as a fighting game player and if you take that away there's not much left.

Sayah

I'm not even bothered by lack of release date to be honest. I can understand the frustration, but having been in Tekken since mid 90's the wait for a console port was always a year minimum. Even if times changed and the reason for delay is not technical. I'm not worried until I have someone to play TTT2 online. When that ends, then I'll start worrying.

I can only wish you guys to not wait for T7 every day, it'll only make you insane. Play Tag2, sharpen your skills and watch T7 from the sidelines, then it'll come. When you will not wait for it.

I'm pretty hyped up for the FR beta test personally. I love Tekken Beta tests, always some crazy shit players find in like 2 days, lol.

Wait - there's a confirmed beta test for FR?

Edit: Anyways, I'll stop moping and just try to be positive. I have a lot of other games to play this year anyway (Twilight Princess, Dark Souls 3, Pokken, and more Splatoon!)

Now you know how Berserk fans feel.

I am going to be honest, I don't think Berserk is very good. I only like it when Guts is by himself.

On topic: The question of making arcade vendors happy doesn't really make sense, because arcades, even in Japan, are on the decline since that time. And Gaming in general is on the decline in Japan, so it wouldn't make sense to leave out the international audience.

But Namco's going to leave us out anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pachimari

Have had such a good week, and then the ex decides to call me the meanest of names today, which has in turn made me feel worthless, unwanted and useless, while crying. Have now blocked her which is a shame, as I really liked her. What a walkover I am.

Harada, I could do with some good news next week. Like a 2016-release!

Nuszka

Have had such a good week, and then the ex decides to call me the meanest of names today, which has in turn made me feel worthless, unwanted and useless, while crying. Have now blocked her which is a shame, as I really liked her. What a walkover I am.

Harada, I could do with some good news next week. Like a 2016-release!

Oh man , remember some of your previous posts and have to say that my brother was in a very similar situation - end result they got back together and he stopped being close to me even thou we life 15 miles away. One thing to say relationships can change a person and if you have to much to lose its for a better to start off anew.

sasuke_91

One problem with T7 taking so long is that more and more players start to leave TTT2. When I go to ranking with Hwoarang or Xiaoyu I always have to play the same person three times before finding another opponent. It's not like that in the green ranks, but lower yellow ranks already start to become less populated...

I am going to be honest, I don't think Berserk is very good. I only like it when Guts is by himself.

Get out!

By the way, it's been 8 years since Guts boarded that ship and a few weeks since they arrived at their destination. That's pretty crazy.

Your ex sounds like a person you shouldn't spend much time with. I've never seen that "stay friends after a failed relationship" work, but that's just my experience. Do whatever you feel is right, but don't let her talk you down and trample on your confidence.

ShinMaruku

Why do people think it's gonna come out in 2016? It's making good money in arcades as long as that train runs the console release will be behind.

Pachimari

Oh man , remember some of your previous posts and have to say that my brother was in a very similar situation - end result they got back together and he stopped being close to me even thou we life 15 miles away. One thing to say relationships can change a person and if you have too much to lose its for a better to start off anew.
Yeah, I'm starting off a new. Still wish we could have remained friends but to be honest, I had also forgotten myself in the relationship, so I now get an opportunity to find and develop myself.

Your ex sounds like a person you shouldn't spend much time with. I've never seen that "stay friends after a failed relationship" work, but that's just my experience. Do whatever you feel is right, but don't let her talk you down and trample on your confidence.

Yeah, a week ago, we tried being friends instead, but as she said she didn't have anywhere else to stay, I let her stay at my place, but with the result of none of the "problems" going away. So it didn't work out.

And you're right in the bolded.

Why do people think it's gonna come out in 2016? It's making good money in arcades as long as that train runs the console release will be behind.

Nobody thinks its coming out in 2016. I always said it would arrive in March 2017. But I'm still surprised by the arcade release being Summer 2016, as I had hoped to play Fated Retribution this April.

GrayFoxPL

Do you guys think Harada will pull another "It's Capcom's turn." ?

I mean it's ok for them to think: "console players will be busy with SFV so we'll cash in on arcades more."

Let's think about it: Do we have any leverage?

They could set the release on holiday 2017 or further, 2018. What we can do about it? Threaten that we won't buy the game? And how many times did that work?
Are they afraid the game stops being relevant? No, there's no other 3D fighting game on a horizon anyway. Do you actually see gamers boycotting Tekken 7 when it gets released?
They aren't probably even afraid of DOA series since it customer base is rather specific.

Sega would have to announce VF6 tomorrow to make Namco feel fire under their feet and I'm pretty sure Harada knows very well about any upcoming fighting games.

Let's stop waiting. They'll push it out when they'll want to.

cordy

Banned

Those arcade cabs cost a lot and not sure if 4-5 months will be enough time for arcade owners to recoup profits.

Who knows really. All we know is that T7 is the most profitable Tekken out for arcades right now so we'll see.

I really want to know how much this game's made in the arcades and exactly how much the console versions make in regards to it. There's gotta be some data out for that.
I don't think the problems lie in porting the game to the PS4. I guess everyone agrees that the PS4's developer-friendly architecture and UE4 will speed up the process tremendously. The problem would be arcade operators being pissed if they can't milk the shit out of T7:FR before the game hits consoles.

That's kinda what I'm saying because if we use the same logic as with the PS3 era with T6 and TTT2 then it wouldn't make any sense considering I'm sure those games were pushed out to consoles as quick as Namco could bring them to the system. I don't think arcade operators told Harada to wait 10 months after BR to bring T6 to consoles, same with them telling him to wait 6 months after Unlimited to bring TTT2 to consoles. That just doesn't add up. I'm sure given the revenue for T7 thus far if it releases late this year on console everybody will be happy especially if the comment about it being the most profitable Tekken in arcades thus far reigns true. The arcades already have their money at that point.

Also IIRC they stated the arcade version usually makes about as much as a console version so that gets taken into effect too. Console-wise, T7 will probably be more successful than TTT2 (which sold over 1.35 million copies in 1 year and 4 months) so it's other things that can be in play.

Basically I'm saying I'll listen to Michael Murray when he said that T7 will hit consoles after FR comes out. If they're straight up said that then I can't deny their comments. It appears that we're in a similar cycle as with T6/BR and TTT2/U but the difference here is how long it'll take post-updated release that we'll get the game. If T6 had 10 months and TTT2 had 6, I don't think arcade owners will all of a sudden stop Namco's process after a statement like that, just would be different from anything we've seen in this series thus far.

Could be. We'll see. I mean let's look at the previous game updates starting with T6 (since idk about T5's releases then)

8/28/08 - BR announced for arcades
11/06/08 - BR first location test
12/18/08 - BR released in arcades

2/17/12 - TTT2U announced for arcades
??/??/12 - TTT2U first location test
3/27/12 - TTT2U released in arcades

These updates usually don't have long location tests until they're thrown out on the floor so it releasing in Summer 2016 for the arcades seems a bit "weird", we'll see this week when we see how far the game looks in development but either way, why does it take that long to come out when others don't? I just don't get it.

Murray said as soon as FR releases the content is then coming to consoles in an interview recently so given that, it's possible for a 2016 release date.

Either that or Murray's lying but he's usually on top of what he says. Given it won't take time to put the game on PS4, that's why a lot of people think it can release this year.

I'm basically going to stick with Murray's comments because I don't think they'd lie to us personally. Like I said above, it only takes 2-3 months to bring a big game to the PS4 according to Cerny's comments so bringing the arcade version to the PS4 wouldn't take that long, it's about the extras and if Namco is going to hold back for some reasons. Also since last-gen Tekken games usually release later on in the year.

HeelPower

They won't be enough.

But we can hope they launch it in some form earlier in the west/worldwide than expected ,while delaying it in arcade regions if need be.

Sayah

Who knows really. All we know is that T7 is the most profitable Tekken out for arcades right now so we'll see.

I really want to know how much this game's made in the arcades and exactly how much the console versions make in regards to it. There's gotta be some data out for that.

I would like to know that as well.

DEATH™;194521754 said:
You people need to pick up another hobby aside/alongside Tekken.

No, other fighting games don't count

I'm sure everyone here has other hobbies.

What does that have to do with anticipation for this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom