• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdash7

What is this R/L toggle, and what does it do?

The toggle switch is for the four shoulder buttons. With the toggle switch you can set them to either :

L3 (Left top Shoulder button) - L1 (Right top Shoulder button)
R3 (Left low Shoulder button) - L2 (Right low Shoulder button)

or

L1 - R1
L2 - R2

Hope this makes sense.

Okay, I'm probably gonna go for Street Fighter V on Feb 16, and starve for the rest of the month. So which of these two controllers would be best to get?

Hori Fighting Commander 4

Fighting Commander (PS4/PC)
interesting.gif

These look good for my preference since I play claw style on pad, but which is better? Does the extra "Grip" on the 4 make a difference? I have big hands, so it probably won't matter much.

Pachimari

The toggle switch is for the four shoulder buttons. With the toggle switch you can set them to either :

L3 (Left top Shoulder button) - L1 (Right top Shoulder button)
R3 (Left low Shoulder button) - L2 (Right low Shoulder button)

or

L1 - R1
L2 - R2

Hope this makes sense.
Hmm alright. I don't expect to ever use the shoulder buttons. I'm primarily getting the Fighting Commander for the six face buttons. For light, medium and heavy attacks in Street Fighter.

cordy

Banned
MarkMan, I'm hearing that you confirmed T7FR releasing in arcades before EVO this year, is that correct? I hear it happened on greentekken.

Sayah

I haven't watched much of Eddy Murphy movies. I think the only one I watched is Daddy Day Care and I didn't like it that much.
Thread says they're having exec trouble with the CEO quitting and the company being worth pennies after the failure that was Rock Band 4.
Well, that sucks.

MarkMan, I'm hearing that you confirmed T7FR releasing in arcades before EVO this year, is that correct? I hear it happened on greentekken.

Well, Evo's in July so we'll be Asian arcades will be getting the game in June likely.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

It has to be out before EVO. EVO does not run tournaments on games that don't have an official release somewhere.

cordy

Banned
Dope, thanks for the response.

I guess it just depends on when it'll release for consoles then. Still expecting that late 2016 if we calculate right.

Pachimari

The only difference between normal attacks (in rage), and rage attacks are the damage right? It doesn't seem like rage attacks deal much more damage?

Nuszka

The only difference between normal attacks (in rage), and rage attacks are the damage right? It doesn't seem like rage attacks deal much more damage?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the post but rage attacks give you totally different properties, more frame advantage on block, bigger juggle possibilities, crazy pushback on some attacks, some are even completely new moves.

Absolutely crazy. The fights will be so different with people heaving to think of RA now. Think this feature will "sell" very well on tournaments skyrocketing the hype and excitement of battles.

GrayFoxPL

WOOOOOW!

That was insane!

KAZ HAS SUPER THUNDER GODFIST WITH HEAVEN'S GATE TRANSITION INTO DEVIL KAZUYA!?

I'm striping now!

Heihachi's crumple fall headbut for insane damage! Also Hell Axel now SCREWS! JDCR can win shit now!

Lars can now wall carry on infinite stages!

Guard breaks for days!

King's db+2 super ground spike from alpha is now a gameplay feature!

Feng's RAT is just a shoulder ram! It's... Wait...what?

Sasuke can now hit someone that Dempsey Roll he always wanted but never ever ever could!

Please give me ONE EX bar to earn that shit as an attacker! People now will want to get beat up to aquire this insane boost! No one will want to approach raged opponent now!

Also RAGE ARTS killed?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the post but rage attacks give you totally different properties, more frame advantage on block, bigger juggle possibilities, crazy pushback on some attacks, some are even completely new moves.

Absolutely crazy. The fights will be so different with people heaving to think of RA now. Think this feature will "sell" very well on tournaments skyrocketing the hype and excitement of battles.

Yup. Yup. Yup.

WOOOOOW!

That was insane!

KAZ HAS SUPER THUNDER GODFIST WITH HEAVEN'S GATE TRANSITION INTO DEVIL KAZUYA!?

I'm striping now!

Heihachi's crumple fall headbut for insane damage! Also Hell Axel now SCREWS! JDCR can win shit now!

Lars can now wall carry on infinite stages!

Guard breaks for days!

King's db+2 super ground spike from alpha is now a gameplay feature!

Feng's RAT is just a shoulder ram! It's... Wait...what?

Sasuke can now hit someone that Dempsey Roll he always wanted but never ever ever could!

Please give me ONE EX bar to earn that shit as an attacker! People now will want to get beat up to aquire this insane boost! No one will want to approach raged opponent now!

Also RAGE ARTS killed?

Yup. Yup. Yup.

It's pretty crazy, huh!

Whoa. Those RATs look like they make for some sweet new combos and stuff. Also they really nailed the sound when hitting with one. It just seems so satisfying.

AAK

Loving the concept.

If they're using the "my back" pain animation for the ground pound RAT attacks I hope the KO animation will be differentiated in some way.

Katarina has the coolest looking one by far. Hope others get RAT attacks that are brand new animations.

BTW this stuff is T4 levels of cheap... Low, mids & mid, mids that lead to a free 50/50 mix up?

Nuszka

So i finally decided to commit to the arcade stick i got as a christmas gift. No matter what, i will stay away from pad for at least 3-4 months. If i don't come close to my pad level of movement i will quit for good and will never play on a stick in tekken.

Pachimari

I just sold my Hori V3 for like $35. I expect to buy the Fighting Commander 4 with Street Fighter V.

I just need to practice more. I'm feeling better now, so I should be able to practice.

After looking at the video in a better state of mind, I don't really see the point to these? Some characters have interesting properties like guard breaks, but most just seem to have extended strings that are only good for combos. :/

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a look, looks interesting. Steve's Dempsey roll can actually be used now XD

Thought I'd link this, it's a retrospective on the VF series (mostly mechanics), has some Tekken stuff too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1179368

After looking at the video in a better state of mind, I don't really see the point to these? Some characters have interesting properties like guard breaks, but most just seem to have extended strings that are good for combos. :/

Which wouldn't be that useful late game.

AAK

After looking at the video in a better state of mind, I don't really see the point to these? Some characters have interesting properties like guard breaks, but most just seem to have extended strings that are good for combos. :/

To me it's more about giving the rage attribute a lot more utility. The scaling system of T7 made the whole Rage art thing pretty lackluster in Vanilla, now they mean a lot more.

Rage is basically a gamechanger now (while I felt it was relatively useless in vanilla)... but now it's pretty crazy if I'm assessing it right. I hope there is a major risk for going for them if they have the level of properties we see in that trailer. If not then hopefully the movement is buffed to make it easier to evade some random Jin player from simply running at you and going for a mid string that leads to a free mix-up. I also wonder if they can be hitconfirmed as well. Lots to experiment with watch the Asians figure out.

Just like I thought, Hwoarang looks a lot better in motion with the new costume.

Mhm. I thought the same thing.

I think the main draw back of rage attacks is the fact that you use your once a round meter on a simple(really good) attack that can used for a nice juggle or plus frames. But then the other option the Rage Art does more damage and can be combo'd into for probably more damage(think Nobi's comeback) especially since now they do more damage the lower your life bar(at the cost of not being able to take hits on armor)

This is really interesting to say the least and I agree with Aris, the end of a round is pretty much the high point of every match at this point.

AAK

Hwoarang's RAT is Baek rush into WR+3 lol. Another safe low mid... wonder if it's a natural combo like Law/DJin that are actual launchers haha.

I wonder if people are noticing that hair and cloth are fidgeting like eye spasms when the characters aren't moving.

The Tekken winds are fierce :p

Wonder if the Jacket can fall off like Jin's Hood (or apparently Nina's veil)?

Bryan's EX Move is b+1+2 so I can understand why Mr.Naps is tweeting, "please still have punch parry please still have punch parry please still have punch parry"

The Supers and the EX moves create so much confusion by having simple commands. The EX moves worry me more because what if a Paul doesn't want to use his Rage on a deathfist?

The EX moves in general are really going to hurt the game for competitive play as surely being an incredible comeback tool as well as being in the way with commands that conflict existing moves. What is the reason to not have qcf,qcf in the moves? Or if that can conflict with movement there are other joystick motions to use.

Tekken 7 is trying to increase the flash at the expense of user control. A little execution never hurt anyone.

AAK

I'd like to give Namco more credit than to think they completely replaced the input. If it's true that previous regular moves with the RAT notation are gone then I agree that's pretty shitty. Oh well, more will be revealed through twitter at the Loc-Tests.

GrayFoxPL

Buffing fff+2 *evil grin* Need to get my practice on. Gray fox you free to play on Saturday during the day?

Depends if my nephew comes(random), if not then sure!

Edit:

I think a lot of RATs are gonna be nerfed after location test so last chance to embrace the brokeness!

I was commenting before that RAT commands overlap old commands. Count for Bryan's parry to be b+2+3.

Doomshine

Pauls and Jacks RAttacks do chip damage on block!!!

Looking closely think it might be the character being pushed into the wall that does the damage and not just on block, same thing happens with Shaheen's RAT @1:06.

Also, unless I missed something in vanilla, Dragunov's f+3,2 (the screw move) is new. The punch is different than the old f+3,2.

Hi btw, been busy with school and internships. Sister has borrowed the PS3 :p

Dereck

So the Bandai fuckbois are gonna have to release this game (a series of trailers and videos as far as I'm concerned), before EVO. So if that's true, these nincompoops have like 5 months to release the shit or we'll be looking at a 2017 release.

image.php

GrayFoxPL

So the Bandai fuckbois are gonna have to release this game (a series of trailers and videos as far as I'm concerned), before EVO. So if that's true, these nincompoops have like 5 months to release the shit or we'll be looking at a 2017 release.

image.php

Arcade Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom