• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Good time to be a TEKKEN fan.
http://i.imgur.com/lFj9TvN.gif

aTR3tUf.gif

Sayah

I already have great OT3 ideas.

TTT2 |OT3| Good time to be a TEKKEN fan
TTT2 |OT3| Welcome to the traveling circus
TTT2 |OT3| Stay Tuned!!

Dereck

Actually thinking that we could go back to just Tekken |OT|?

People aren't playing Tag 2 anymore and we could reach 20,000 posts before Tekken 7 comes out so..

TTT2 |OT3| Yep. Still talking about this old shit.

TTT2 |OT3| Back in my day, we had bound moves! AND WE LIKED IT! *clutches chest*

Tekken 7 |OT∞| Days of Future Past.

Tekken 7 |OT| Backdash to the Future...

Spuck-uk

Banned
Just saying. It's a good time. Gotta be positive and not whiny/negative ;)

Its really not a good time, when there's not even a release date in sight.

My local scene is dying a death as people drift off to other games, and its not alone. By the time this finally comes out on console I'm worried that nobody will even care outside of a few really, really patient fans.

AAK

Gamespot video on Tekken 7 vanilla version
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/tekken-7-can-the-fighting-series-make-a-comeback/2300-6432394/

They are right. It is going to be the nail in the coffin for Tekken 7 if it doesn't release this year. Enough is enough.

That woman is making a very ignorant claim about Tekken Tag Tournament 2's damage. Yes there's a lot of damage in TTT2 but with tag crash you have a guaranteed method of utilizing the 2nd lifebar after a tag assault combo. The damage in Tekken 7 isn't all that different. You can easily die in 2 combo's in Tekken 7 as well. It took me just a few minutes of the first vid I saw on youtube to illustrate this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YO7nURXghc&t=10m7s

And they have to stop making requests to Harada. He's just a Namco salary man, it's the suits up top of Namco's arcade division that need some baseball bats to the teeth for driving Tekken to irrelevancy in the West.

Good time to be a Japanese/Korean TEKKEN fan.

Fixed for accuracy... it's definitely not gonna be fun seeing the East have a blast discovering the game while we have no other choice but to play inferior 2D games. Maybe it'll be a good time in 2017/2018 whenever Namco's arcade division thinks Tekken 7 FR doesn't make enough money in arcades to give the sloppy seconds to the rest of the world.

Love how not even being given a release date makes you whiny.

Nah, sorry. At this point, I feel people have every right to be pissed off. Personally, I've got Tekken in the same shithouse as SFV. If Namco doesn't want my money this year, they aren't having it at all. Enough is enough.

Dereck

I know I just got back from the arcade, played drunk and went 4-2 with Kazumi.
Haven't you spent like $10,000 on Tekken 7 already?

Love how not even being given a release date makes you whiny.

Nah, sorry. At this point, I feel people have every right to be pissed off. Personally, I've got Tekken in the same shithouse as SFV. If Namco doesn't want my money this year, they aren't having it at all. Enough is enough.
Yep

Even though I have Tekken 7 in my fucking house and you have to spend hundreds of dollars to fly to another location just to play Tekken 7 for 10 minutes, you should still try to be positive.

Good time to be a TEKKEN fan.
There is positivity, then there is driving us off a cliff with a smile. But I would even be fine with that from you MarkMan. The straw that broke the camel's back are the cruel individuals you have let into the FGC. TheMainEvent went over it quite well in this video back when it first started happening. -
https://youtu.be/p6zykNzK7jg?t=36m40s - Pretty long video, but timestamped it.

I miss the old Markman.

GrayFoxPL

thx

It was wrong to think SFV would keep busy enough at all
I need Tekken 7 and got little interest in much else

Forgot about SFV and MKX totally.

I'm trying to beat Bloodborne but it's pissing me off to no end right now. I never been so lost in a game that wasn't point and click. I beat several bosses, leveled up like fuck and I'm running back and forth 40 times on a huge ass map killing everything in sight, sniffing every wall, door or gateway but everything that was closed is still closed despite me having a screen list of keys and shit. Baaahh!

I don't want to dive into walkthroughs but 2 more days and I'm going loco.

hUN44OY.gif

Numb

I'm trying to beat Bloodborne but it's pissing me off to no end right now. I never been so lost in a game that wasn't point and click. I beat several bosses, leveled up like fuck and I'm running back and forth 40 times on a huge ass map killing everything in sight, sniffing every wall, door or gateway but everything that was closed is still closed despite me having a screen list of keys and shit. Baaahh!

hUN44OY.gif

I was gonna buy that MKXL sale recently but skipped

BB just go with a guide if you are just looking for the next progressing bit. They like hiding things and opening new doors in places you haven't been in 20hrs

GrayFoxPL

I was gonna buy that MKXL sale recently but skipped

BB just go with a guide if you are just looking for the next progressing bit. They like hiding things and opening new doors in places you haven't been in 20hrs

Best shit are those "secret passage ahead", "take a step forth" clowny messages. I got so desperate I jumped into those death pits despite knowing very well my dude will just splat into the ground.

I try one more day to find any fucking way further then I'll try the guide. I've been in every area I can imagine over and over again.

What's the last boss you beat?

It was wrong to think SFV would keep busy enough at all
I need Tekken 7 and got little interest in much else

Same, Capcpom let me down as per usual. I've been going through my PS+ stuff and playing old shmups on PS2 (Psikyo games are too good, i wish that company wasn't dead). Overwatch is fun but i don't really feel like playing 50 matches on an evening, not like i do with fighting games.

I need a fightsy game to sink my teeth in, one with good matchmaking and a decent online population. And at least one character i like playing and aesthetically. Unsure whether GG or KoF14 will give me that, but Tekken just isn't happening and those games are. So i guess i'll be taking a chance.

This is the worst time to be a Tekken fan. So i'm thinking i'll be a fighting game fan instead.

Numb

Best shit are those "secret passage ahead", "take a step forth" clowny messages. I got so desperate I jumped into those death pits despite knowing very well my dude will just splat into the ground.

I try one more day to find any fucking way further then I'll try the guide. I've been in every area I can imagine over and over again.
Good luck
Cheat tho
What's the last boss you beat?

Same, Capcpom let me down as per usual. I've been going through my PS+ stuff and playing old shmups on PS2 (Psikyo games are too good, i wish that company wasn't dead). Overwatch is fun but i don't really feel like playing 50 matches on an evening, not like i do with fighting games.

I need a fightsy game to sink my teeth in, one with good matchmaking and a decent online population. And at least one character i like playing and aesthetically. Unsure whether GG or KoF14 will give me that, but Tekken just isn't happening and those games are. So i guess i'll be taking a chance.

This is the worst time to be a Tekken fan. So i'm thinking i'll be a fighting game fan instead.
Waiting for the dlc as of this point.
OW can burn you out if you put in too much but a few matches at a time is good

I don't think so. The boss before that was some witch type that poisoned all the time, but no forest.

If you didn't beat Amelia you need to buy the Hunter Chief Emblem (10000 souls) at the messengers in the Hunter's Dream to open a large gate in Cathedral Ward.

If you did beat Amelia, she
gives you a password you can use to get past a door to the Forbidden Woods if you take a bunch of stairs down from her area. Er, more specifically after beating her you gotta interact with the skull on the altar to get it.

GrayFoxPL

If you didn't beat Amelia you need to buy the Hunter Chief Emblem (10000 souls) at the messengers in the Hunter's Dream to open a large gate in Cathedral Ward.

If you did beat Amelia, she
gives you a password you can use to get past a door to the Forbidden Woods if you take a bunch of stairs down from her area. Er, more specifically after beating her you gotta interact with the skull on the altar to get it.

Wait, I need to buy that key? I didn't think to buy it because I thought I just progress like I normally should. Buying keys. Fuuuck.

Wait...Tell me Amelia isn't that weird red hag shit I left in the cathedral? I thought I was being a good guy leaving her there. Thought she'd gonna eat some people and I was gonna watch.

I'll kill her.

Wait, I need to buy that key? I didn't think to buy it because I thought I just progress like I normally should. Buying keys. Fuuuck.

Wait...Tell me Amelia isn't that weird red hag shit I left in the cathedral? I thought I was being a good guy leaving her there. Thought she'd gonna eat some people and I was gonna watch.

I'll kill her.

Yeah, you need to buy it.

Red? No... Red Thing In A Church is probably Blood-starved Beast. Optional but suuuuuper worth killing for the thing you get. Just kill all the bosses~ Bosses are like half the fun, you don't wanna miss out~

Btw, the stuff hanging down is not hair. Heh.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, you need to buy it.

Red? No... Red Thing In A Church is probably Blood-starved Beast. Optional but suuuuuper worth killing for the thing you get. Just kill all the bosses~ Bosses are like half the fun, you don't wanna miss out~

OK, thanks. I have no idea why, when and where I missed that Amelia, I was straightforward progressing, killing all the bosses and shit. No idea.

Oh the red thing is a boss too? I thought it was just npc, lol.

Thanks again.

You don't need the key but it's the easiest way. If you beay Bloodstarved Beast it unlocks the Hunter's Workshop where you can drop down by landing on platforms to get passed the locked gate.

sasuke_91

You don't need the key but it's the easiest way. If you beay Bloodstarved Beast it unlocks the Hunter's Workshop where you can drop down by landing on platforms to get passed the locked gate.
I should have bought the key instead. Dropping down the platforms was so confusing because you didn't see the floor until dropping on the second one. I needed 3 days to get past that point because I thought it was impossible >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom