• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I'm just gonna scratch it up as another Tekken 6 wait. Videos videos videos. But we're getting to see local play at least with Tourny's. Can't complain too much.

That's almost worse though. I know what it looks like... I can practically taste it. It's like 98% here and stuck.

dc9a9f996719d2abfbe82907bd5a198a.jpg

Sayah

That's almost worse though. I know what it looks like... I can practically taste it. It's like 98% here and stuck.

It is worse. At least with the other games, there aren't other people playing a version right in front of your face for two years while you count the days away. Can't help but say I'm jealous of Asia having that privilege. It's 2016 and a very globalized world. Digital content/media/entertainment shouldn't be region locked or region exclusive.

Shun

XRD wasn't even out then and it's releasing it's second version already
Forget bout SFV

Wait you Numb?

Xrd was out like 8 months before that picture.

Bandai Namco is great. They're slaying Asia. Gundam and Tekken are as big as ever. Female audience for Tekken continues to grow. Their employees (mostly) enjoy working there.

Bannam doing good work.

Numb

Wait you Numb?

Xrd was out like 8 months before that picture.

Bandai Namco is great. They're slaying Asia. Gundam and Tekken are as big as ever. Female audience for Tekken continues to grow. Their employees (mostly) enjoy working there.

Bannam doing good work.
yes

Was talking bout console which we getting second version soon that originally came december
You know how we feel bout arcade only stuff

AAK

Bannam doing good work.

All while pointing the middle finger at North/South America and Middle East/Europe as Tekken is reaching the same relevance as Virtua Fighter compared to a time when it was as revered as Resident Evil & Metal Gear Solid.

Manbig

I need to be banned from posting in this thread.

Just do what I do and completely tune out tekken from your life until they're ready to go. Save any complaining for when it happens to pop up on a stream that you watch. Also, get KOF 14 like Tara said. I'm looking for people to play with and I'm garbo at KOF. :D

Played the OG Tekken last night... it's pretty fun still to be honest. Holds up better than I was expecting if you can overlook a few mechanics that were still getting figured out at the time.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...model-for-tekken-7-fated-retribution-man.html
"Long time support and managed long after it goes live in arcades in July. Many more characters planned beyond Nina and Akuma."

Tekken 7 FR will be a traveling circus for the globe and an arcade money tree in Asia. Give it up guys, it is painful reading this thread. Post your eulogy for Tekken and move on. Tekken is in a better place now, goodbye old friend.

Cheers Love, OVERWATCH is here! PSN - NinthPixel, friend me and let's play!

Manbig

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...model-for-tekken-7-fated-retribution-man.html
"Long time support and managed long after it goes live in arcades in July. Many more characters planned beyond Nina and Akuma."

Tekken 7 FR will be a traveling circus for the globe and an arcade money tree in Asia. Give it up guys, it is painful reading this thread. Post your eulogy for Tekken and move on. Tekken is in a better place now, goodbye old friend.

Hey dude. Wanted to apologize about vanishing on you with the whole tournament thing. Late school semester grind really wore me down and by the time I got out of it, I figured you had just moved on lol.

Nope, I intend to keep going with the online tournament. Almost ready to announce the 45th running of Fingers To Fight the Tekken Tag 2 Online Tournament. Numbers have seriously dropped, but no plans to quit doing them, even if it's just me and someone else participating. Someone has to hold the fort when people get tired of these Circus 7 tourneys.

Shun

Amazing, I can't wait for Pizza Delivery Boy Gouki.

The frogs were on the YuuNobi stream and those were hella hype i don't know about you guys. The teams had to wear a hat in real life too.

KeroCup was hype

CjiprRgUYAE4sU9.jpg

Dereck

Just do what I do and completely tune out tekken from your life until they're ready to go. Save any complaining for when it happens to pop up on a stream that you watch. Also, get KOF 14 like Tara said. I'm looking for people to play with and I'm garbo at KOF. :D
Top tier advice

Yep, it's over.

Sayah

"Traveling circus." lmao

You're too funny with your terminology.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Why is it so hard to make T-shirts that don't look like rubbish? And I'm not even talking color, just the way they fit on the character.

Like what the hell is going on with Akuma's shirt? Is it form-fitting, is it loose? Is it a disgusting amalgam of both?

Nothing needs to be said of the design and color. We all know.

Damn. That sucks. I watch the Green Arcade stream like every night, with lustful longing. Grrrr.

AAK

Why is it so hard to make T-shirts that don't look like rubbish? And I'm not even talking color, just the way they fit on the character.

Like what the hell is going on with Akuma's shirt? Is it form-fitting, is it loose? Is it a disgusting amalgam of both?

Nothing needs to be said of the design and color. We all know.

Don't forget about the incessant clipping when the shirt goes on the big characters like Jack.

I really don't understand... This is worse than Capcom's Alex travesty. Where is the quality control?

sasuke_91

That's it. I'll stop posting about Tekken 7 in this thread. E3 is in less than two weeks, so I don't want to lose my hype by being salty about one game being kept in Asia that doesn't even cater to us anymore.

On another note, I've been playing Metal Gear Solid 1 for a few days now (thanks Rajang for the code) following AAK's advice. I figured playing the whole game is probably a better idea than watching 3 hours of cutscenes.

I just saw this again from Wonkey's post:

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ted-retribution-customization-items-reve.html

They're actuality doing it... They're recycling more pairs of TTT2 attires with some other decal....

After all that effort making new next gen worthy defaults we may just end up with another half-decade of the carnival of stupid

This is beyond stupid and ugly and I don't even know what to say anymore...

So... has he announced his RIPtirement yet? Hue hue

Also glad to see the Barnum and Bailey Tekken circus is coming to Austin on 9/23. I might just get tickets for this. Worth it to see the rabid, disappointed fans in their natural habitat.

Might even start a support group.

Tekkenholics Anonymous.

Instead of 10 hit combos, we got a 10 step program.

Ruehl

Neo Member
Anyone ever play Tekken 6? I'd be down to play some matches whenever anyone is free to play! I've been enjoying T6 much more than TTT2 as of late. ^_^

Numb

So... has he announced his RIPtirement yet? Hue hue

Also glad to see the Barnum and Bailey Tekken circus is coming to Austin on 9/23. I might just get tickets for this. Worth it to see the rabid, disappointed fans in their natural habitat.

Might even start a support group.

Tekkenholics Anonymous.

Instead of 10 hit combos, we got a 10 step program.
Pfft

Realised I ain't playing all these fighters I keep getting much at all so Nah
SFV and Overwatch till KOF14

Awh. I've kinda learned i don't like any of the characters in SF5 right now, so dropping that game until someone i like is in. Also the matchmaking is horrendous ;/

I hope GG has good online. Hope Haehyun is fun, or Dizzy comes out soon. Otherwise it will be Overwatch and Nitro Blasterz until KoF14.

Numb

Awh. I've kinda learned i don't like any of the characters in SF5 right now, so dropping that game until someone i like is in. Also the matchmaking is horrendous ;/

I hope GG has good online. Hope Haehyun is fun, or Dizzy comes out soon. Otherwise it will be Overwatch and Nitro Blasterz until KoF14.
Better to just play lobbies with buds. Still only time i play SFV.
I got a few I like on SFV and everyone coming minus Ibuki I'm hyped for
Played Pot in Xrd and it was a chore. Was feeling Haehyun as well but that was it. Trying to put an end to buying newer and newer versions of arcsys games that will be coming out almost every year again

Rheon

Since there's <1% chance of T7FR being at E3 and earlier reports said Bamco are showing a fighting game there, SC may just have a chance...

Please Bamco, I need something.

Jtqj3GI.png

AAK

I bet it's another Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse. But there could be another press release saying T7's eventual console version will also come to X1 & Steam. Not expecting anything else like media, dates, etc.

Played Pot in Xrd and it was a chore. Was feeling Haehyun as well but that was it

Dang, you too huh? There was a player in my city who played a grappler in every fighting game he indulged in, and Xrd was the first title he gave up ending up dropping Pot.
He went to Elphelt the scumbag

Also, everytime I play SFV I can't help but feel like I could be playing MKX instead that did pretty much everything better. ESPECIALLY the new NRS netcode, it kicks SFV all over the parking lot. It feels as good as SCV/TTT2.

Also, everytime I play SFV I can't help but feel like I could be playing MKX instead that did pretty much everything better. ESPECIALLY the new NRS netcode, it kicks SFV all over the parking lot. It feels as good as SCV/TTT2.

While i agree if you look at their current state, i don't think it's a very fair comparison since MKX did take A YEAR to fix its garbage netcode. Then again, i'm sure next year folks will be comparing then-hopefully-more-polished SF5 with sure-to-be-ass-in-some-way day one Injustice 2. So eh. ¯\( °&#969;°)/¯

The only thing i really think MKX is straight up outdone by SF5 (and everything else) is in the animations. They really need to up their mocap game or whatever it is that's causing stuff to look so janky. And samey between characters, even when it shouldn't.
Edit: Oh, and it has region locked online. In 2016. Ridiculous.

Numb

I bet it's another Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse. But there could be another press release saying T7's eventual console version will also come to X1 & Steam. Not expecting anything else like media, dates, etc.

Dang, you too huh? There was a player in my city who played a grappler in every fighting game he indulged in, and Xrd was the first title he gave up ending up dropping Pot.
He went to Elphelt the scumbag

Indeed
Atleast Targer can magnetise you
NRS launching games too broken and fix a year later. Every company actually. With a genre than so heavily depends on good online. Smh

AAK

The only thing i really think MKX is straight up outdone by SF5 (and everything else) is in the animations. They really need to up their mocap game or whatever it is that's causing stuff to look so janky. And samey between characters, even when it shouldn't.
Edit: Oh, and it has region locked online. In 2016. Ridiculous.

I can agree that Jackie Briggs, Alien, Cassie Cage, and a couple others are definitely some of the jankiest animated characters I've ever seen. BUT at the same time, there are a ton of other characters including Ferra Torr, Takeda, Scorpion, Triborg and a whole bunch of others that really knocked it out the park. MKX has some consistency problems, but when they get it right, I think it has fantastic presentation. The sound effects are also only second to Killer Instinct.

Numb

MK mocap looks like they don't know how to fight and looks funny as hell in some of the moves
Certain charm there tbh

I can agree that Jackie Briggs, Alien, Cassie Cage, and a couple others are definitely some of the jankiest animated characters I've ever seen. BUT at the same time, there are a ton of other characters including Ferra Torr, Takeda, Scorpion, Triborg and a whole bunch of others that really knocked it out the park. MKX has some consistency problems, but when they get it right, I think it has fantastic presentation. The sound effects are also only second to Killer Instinct.

Yeah, it's weird. The sword slashes and spinny shit and teleports and supernatural stuff look cool and impactful ... but a lot of the normal punches and kicks look like crap.

How the hell does that happen?

It's weirdly the same with their models too. Monsters and masked/armoured dudes look pretty great, but ask them for a beautiful or even normal looking female character? Oof.

AAK

I think Dvorrah is amazing. Milleena has nice animations, but a very weird default stance and her head looks disproportionately large compared to the rest of her body. Kitana's facial model has problems with the jawline along with an even more retarded stance, but her animations IMO are a huuuge improvement over MK9. It's Tanya/Sonya/Jackie/Cassie that are the MK9 tier when it comes to presentation. Jackie/Tanya's models are fine to me, just their animations, but Cassie could have used a lot more work. But I really want to give Sonya some slack with how well NRS completely did away with her previous sex symbol status and is now defined as a proper soldier with authority.

GrayFoxPL

I hope Kazumi transforms into crazy old woman in FR.

yvJxMTO.png

We need crazy old hag in Tekken, already we have a soccer team of grandpas and old farts.

If the assumption that Tekken 8 gonna be a reboot on T3 level then Kazuya gonna take Hei's place as a gritty old fart and Paul will be deathfisting from a wheelchair(which would be fucking awesome!). Even if Nina, Anna, Xiaoyu etc. would be 40-50 then judging how Kazuya looks now(in his 50's) they would still be hot as hell, I recon.

But Harada so terrified of older women. ;P

Numb

I hope Kazumi transforms into crazy old woman in FR.

yvJxMTO.png

We need crazy old hag in Tekken, already have a soccer team of grandpas and old farts.

If the assumption that Tekken 8 gonna be a reboot on T3 level then Kazuya gonna take Hei's place as a gritty old fart and Paul will be deathfisting from a wheelchair(which would be fucking awesome!). Even if Nina, Anna, Xiaoyu etc. would be 40-50 then judging how Kazuya looks now(in his 50's) they would still be hot as hell, I recon.

But Harada so terrified of older women. ;P

Paul in a wheelcair sounds like destiny.

Dude him and Benimaru got the hair from also ended up in a wheelchair lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom