• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

No problem. My PM and DM box (on twitter) is open. So if you guys ever have questions AND I am at liberty to provide an answer. I will.

Yeah I have the game at home, but I don't play (never have my training buddies around) lol.

Cool man. :)

All we can really do at this point is enjoy Tekken Tag 2. I was hoping to go to CEO, but money got tight. I have no idea how people even afford to travel in the USA to these tournaments. I was actually worried if I would be able to pay this week's Fingers To Fight winner. Speaking of Fingers To Fight, it will be the 46th running of the TTT2 weekly online tournament series this coming Thursday. Really crazy how long I have kept it up with some definite help from the community.
m2bDYjs.png

Join me in the struggle to keep Tekken alive to welcome in Tekken 7!

Keep it rolling!

Btw.
Knocking on wood but Tag2 online is still lively in Europe and I hope it stays that for some time. Better players are destroying me but I'm instead trying to not go all out on noobs so they won't quit the game preemptively.

Numb

Keep it rolling!

Btw.
Knocking on wood but Tag2 online is still lively in Europe and I hope it stays that for some time. Better players are destroying me but I'm instead not trying to not go all out on noobs so they won't quit the game preemptively.

Sorry haven't been playing as much lately but calmed in general overall

GrayFoxPL

Sorry haven't been playing as much lately but calmed in general overall

Don't get too rusty. Your duty is to play. Whole World is counting on you.

Btw I noticed any Tekken is good for keeping in shape. I need to play Tag1 more for that movement skills, man that game lets you move like Sanic!

Numb

Don't get too rusty. Your duty is to play. Whole World is counting on you.

Btw I noticed any Tekken is good for keeping in shape. I need to play Tag1 more for that movement skills, man that game lets you move like Sanic!

My autopilot is strong sometimes when i get in the mix
Aris playing SCII got me playing it again ;_;

Do you guys know Mishimastar? He's on the dev team. He was a really strong T5 player. SDZ used to be on the team as well, and he was really good too. Not sure if Douzouno and Jinguu are still on the team, but there was a strong mix of old school and new school players on the team. I think you can credit a lot of the game balance and improvements to a lot of the competitive players that were on the team at one point or another.

Perhaps you could try to get one of those guys on Tekken Talk eventually? Talk about mechanics and stuff. That would be super amazing.

GrayFoxPL

My autopilot is strong sometimes when i get in the mix
Aris playing SCII got me playing it again ;_;

Strong autopilot is a good thing. My autopilot is that of a caveman.

"Am I in trouble?"

V0sFFpd.png

WQxbI4Q.gif

Funny, after yesterday's stream Aris made me want to play SCII too. We must try the shitty online.

Perhaps you could try to get one of those guys on Tekken Talk eventually? Talk about mechanics and stuff. That would be super amazing.

This. THIS!

2 cents time. TLDR version :

Impressed with GrayFox's passion and ability to articulate it without going full nuclear. Those were some hard hitting questions, but I could also see the restraint. GG

Impressed also with MarkMan not taking the questions personally or blowing them off. (Even though I thought ZTS's advice was funny.) That's the "mark" of good community personnel, if you will pardon the pun.
no_way.gif

One last question. MarkMan said he would also field some questions to the dev team directly. Does that include ideas for moves and move properties? Or just generalized suggestions? I have some thoughts on adding some flavor to the game here and there.

GrayFoxPL

King's ff+1 is safe, mid, homing, screw attack, ch launcher and wallsplats.

who comes up with this shit? lol.

Yeah but it's like 23 frames (?)so it loses to electrics, hopekicks, deathfists, most things people like to throw out during neutral game. It's good that he has this, to throw out after eg knock down, for preasure.

AAK

Sorry, just posted for anyone that would be interested :p I wasn't going to watch, was going to spend this morning immersed in REmake.

GrayFoxPL

Mainman got eliminated by Ling.

JDCR could let this little tournament go. Is it even worth it for him to come all this way for PS4 or something?

GrayFoxPL

JDCR the false god.

Knee and Nobi the true Tekken gods.

In TTT2 he still plays like a cyborg, T7 crushes him though.

People say it's because of sluggish movement. He can't excel with it. I really hope final FR release be more lively movement wise. Supposedly sidestep is little better but that's not enough imo. In Tekken freeflowing movement was always one of it's best parts.

Rajang

In TTT2 he still plays like a cyborg, T7 crushes him though.

People say it's because of sluggish movement. He can't excel with it. I really hope final FR release be more lively movement wise. Supposedly sidestep is little better but that's not enough imo. In Tekken freeflowing movement was always one of it's best parts.

Yeah, TTT2 was where he dominated. I remember talking about it in Aris' chat like a year ago. I said back then that I think that JDCR was going to struggle seeing his performance with T7 during and around Evo. I jokingly said that T7 will be his downfall.

But still its just weird, seeing how much he struggles. This is supposed to be one of the best players in the world. He just doesnt seem as adaptable like Nobi/Knee.

Edit:
"I'm kinda sick of Tekken. I find I want to do other things with my life" - @TKJDCR
https://www.twitch.tv/megafightclub

Live now. JDCR is reading chat, talking about Tekken.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, TTT2 was where he dominated. I remember talking about it in Aris' chat like a year ago. I said back then that I think that JDCR was going to struggle seeing his performance with T7 during and around Evo. I jokingly said that T7 will be his downfall.

But still its just weird, seeing how much he struggles. This is supposed to be one of the best players in the world. He just doesnt seem as adaptable like Nobi/Knee.

Edit:
"I'm kinda sick of Tekken. I find I want to do other things with my life" - @TKJDCR
https://www.twitch.tv/megafightclub

Live now. JDCR is reading chat, talking about Tekken.

I mean he only won TTT2 tourny few days ago and the way he played there and today is incomparable.

JDCR may have a crisis. Not saying that he can't be tired of Tekken but when you get used to winning, settling for less may be hard.

AAK

Off Topic -> I thought I'd miss classic Resident Evil, but I'm honestly feeling more frustrated with REmake (first time playing) than I was with RE6. I dunno how much I'd be inclined to played RE2make now. Evil Within + Dead Space are the true torch bearers to me for this genre.

On Topic -> Looks like I missed some commotion. Was JDCR's post tournament attitude as dramatic as all this discussion implies? Didn't know he cared that much about winning if he was that depressed.

GrayFoxPL

Off Topic -> I thought I'd miss classic Resident Evil, but I'm honestly feeling more frustrated with REmake (first time playing) than I was with RE6. I dunno how much I'd be inclined to played RE2make now. Evil Within + Dead Space are the true torch bearers to me for this genre.

Original RE is still the king for me. Nothing could compare with the experience back then and nothing will repeat that. Remake was great, but they added too much shit to extend or complicate the game. Most of that shit wasn't necessary IMO. It doesn't have the same atmosphere. Original is still my favorite. RE2 is awesome, but I don't think they'll remake it with prerenders, I'm 85% sure it's gonna be 3D, I just hope they'll leave the puzzles and map intact.

Evil Within and Dead Space are survival horrors but in RE4 sense where there aren't real puzzles and you survive by shooting in tpp, collecting ammo from dead bodies. etc.

REmake, old RE's, Dino Crisis 1 are the original survival horrors that meant adventure games with static camera, tons of puzzles, backtracking and very careful item and ammo management.

They aren't the same genres really so maybe you don't like the old school and new stuff is more up your alley.

Edit: But if you really wanna go oldschool I really recommend replaying RE2, the pacing of that game is way better then REmake. Game feels tighter and more logical.

On Topic -> Looks like I missed some commotion. Was JDCR's post tournament attitude as dramatic as all this discussion implies? Didn't know he cared that much about winning if he was that depressed.

I didn't watch long but I think they got him a little drunk eventually.

Wizard World was fun. Spent the entire weekend trying out different ways to play Claudio, optimizing combos, seeing how people react in certain situations, and teaching people how to fight against Claudio. Got a lot of good data. Great to see a lot of old school EC heads come out.

I think these Wizard World events are actually really good for the game's exposure too. So many people who were not competitive players were plaing the game over the weekend, people who just thought the game looked cool and wanted to try it out. Even today as the event was closing the Tekken area had people on every station enjoying the game. It's a really unique experience because usually these kind of pre-release stuff is only playable at trade shows or purely FGC events. The crowd that gets to see the game here is different than those which I think is really great. If I could go to all of these I would.

lupinko

Knee and Yu are talking about wanting a Kazumi nerf in FR, specifically with df+1. I hope not since that's my bread and butter. Well I think all Mama Kaz players agree. Lol

Dereck

More Tweets from Tekken players that I can't care about since I don't have the game.

Those Tweets are really directed towards people in Korea and Japan and its funny when Americans create dialogue over them.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Wizard World was fun. Spent the entire weekend trying out different ways to play Claudio, optimizing combos, seeing how people react in certain situations, and teaching people how to fight against Claudio. Got a lot of good data. Great to see a lot of old school EC heads come out.

I think these Wizard World events are actually really good for the game's exposure too. So many people who were not competitive players were plaing the game over the weekend, people who just thought the game looked cool and wanted to try it out. Even today as the event was closing the Tekken area had people on every station enjoying the game. It's a really unique experience because usually these kind of pre-release stuff is only playable at trade shows or purely FGC events. The crowd that gets to see the game here is different than those which I think is really great. If I could go to all of these I would.

I was really happy about that. A lot of new people were enjoying and even FGC from other games were trying to learn and give it a shot.

Manbig

King's ff+1 is safe, mid, homing, screw attack, ch launcher and wallsplats.

who comes up with this shit? lol.

Yeah, but Tekken is full of so much dumb stuff like this that it's pretty much par for the course now.

Yeah but it's like 23 frames (?)so it loses to electrics, hopekicks, deathfists, most things people like to throw out during neutral game. It's good that he has this, to throw out after eg knock down, for preasure.

I would argue that the proper way to use this move is out of the range of pretty much all of those moves, so the extra 8 or so frames to impact don't mean that much.

EDIT: On the topic of JDCR, the dude absolutely maximized the movement techniques of Tag 2 better than just about anyone else, so it's no surprise that he's having a struggle trying to adapt. We'll see how it all turns out 50 years down the road when the game is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom