• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuck-uk

Banned
What if they announced a console release date, this year..for Tekken 7 (not FR).

Not that I think it will happen, but it would solve their problem of not wanting to cannibalise the arcade revenue, and solve my not being able to play the game problem..

Manbig

What if they announced a console release date, this year..for Tekken 7 (not FR).

Not that I think it will happen, but it would solve their problem of not wanting to cannibalise the arcade revenue, and solve my not being able to play the game problem..

While I personally would find this awesome, I imagine most people would be incredibly turned off by the lack of Akuma. They would probably run into a SFV situation where when they finally get their shit together, it'll be too little too late.

We'll get it when it's done.

Dereck

It would be a great way to lose money

AAK

ZeroX03

Banned
So here in Melbourne, Australia the community ended up purchasing a set of Tekken 7 cabinets since the ones in Galactic Circus are quite poorly maintained and out of the way for everyone. Did a quick test to see if I could record footage, and it works flawlessly. Took a bit of tinkering as the monitors only accept a 720p signal but nothing a HDMI downscaler cannot fix!

Expect to see a constant output of matches and a stream in the near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5CGgJmlXe0

GrayFoxPL

So here in Melbourne, Australia the community ended up purchasing a set of Tekken 7 cabinets since the ones in Galactic Circus are quite poorly maintained and out of the way for everyone. Did a quick test to see if I could record footage, and it works flawlessly. Took a bit of tinkering as the monitors only accept a 720p signal but nothing a HDMI downscaler cannot fix!

Nice!

Rajang

Damn... im jelly. :<

This could not be more random.

Welcome and congrats on the footage and game

1385.gif

AllenShrz

Do you know how much were they? Is still over 10k a pop and more for the online license free?

lupinko

Besides completing Kaz's G Corp suit, I got Xiao magical girl today. I guess I should also play Xiao. Well I want to play as many characters. She has a lot of stance BS, but is she execution heavy or just full of stance BS?

Also I'm open to any color suggestions:

NWlZHSd.jpg

Yes I have black and white now too.

Do you know how much were they? Is still over 10k a pop and more for the online license free?

Yeah I was wondering this too, because couldn't arcades in the west just import the English SE Asia/Oceania version?

Also since you're a Jin player, and I want to play as many characters, what can I expect from him? And is he easier to learn than say any Mishima style male? I'm trying to learn basics with Kaz but the execution is such a steep curve for me.

sasuke_91

Besides completing Kaz's G Corp suit, I got Xiao magical girl today. I guess I should also play Xiao. Well I want to play as many characters. She has a lot of stance BS, but is she execution heavy or just full of stance BS?

Also since you're a Jin player, and I want to play as many characters, what can I expect from him? And is he easier to learn than say any Mishima style male? I'm trying to learn basics with Kaz but the execution is such a steep curve for me.

Xiaoyu isn't execution heavy, but very stance and poke heavy. It's not easy to do heavy damage with her. She's become really good in T7 though.
A lot of her attacks end in a stance and she can't block while being in one of them. If your opponent knows Xiaoyu well enough and is patient you have to work hard. At lower ranks it doesn't really matter though.

Jin is a very technical character. He has a lot of really good pokes and infinite potential if you know how to utilize his parry. His strongest combos require some high execution, but not as high as Mishimas or other execution heavy characters. I'm not really sure how strong his combos have become in T7 compared to other characters (I don't really watch that game at all), but in TTT2 his combos and lack of good lows are his biggest weaknesses.

AllenShrz

Yeah I was wondering this too, because couldn't arcades in the west just import the English SE Asia/Oceania version?

Also since you're a Jin player, and I want to play as many characters, what can I expect from him? And he is easier to learn than say any Mishima style male? I'm trying to learn basics with Kaz but the execution is such a steep curve for me.

Maybe is just not allowed to export, Im sure US regulations have to be met and then Namco USA should be the one that export it.... but alas, is just my guess.

Short ver: Jin is god, do it.

Long ver: He's very balanced, lack a BS move that other characters have (mid + safe + homing + CH + screw + crush) he has other moves that can be annoying and safe but they are easily punishable by sidestepping - but that's common among the mishimas-. Execution is also high but once you learn any of them, the jump from mishima to mishima is much much easier.

Learning wavedahsing and EWGF is a must for those characters. I really think they are the hardest characters to play as and it will take you a long time to properly play with any of them, I guess that's why I like them, is a challenge. On my opinion the hardest to play as is Kaz then Hei and last Jin.

On Jin's case b1+2 is godsent, not used often but when you do, is so cathartic, to parry an attack and follow with a launcher, like Dragunov or Kazumi fff2. The best part is that after a while you know when to expect those kind of attacks and you can punish accordingly.

I feel that to win with Jin, Kaz or Hei I need to put way more into the match. Totally the opposite with characters like Shaheen, King, or Claudio, with those I can win playing against people of higher rank doing much more less, they are easy.

lupinko

Xiaoyu isn't execution heavy, but very stance and poke heavy. It's not easy to do heavy damage with her. She's become really good in T7 though.
A lot of her attacks end in a stance and she can't block while being in one of them. If your opponent knows Xiaoyu well enough and is patient you have to work hard. At lower ranks it doesn't really matter though.

Jin is a very technical character. He has a lot of really good pokes and infinite potential if you know how to utilize his parry. His strongest combos require some high execution, but not as high as Mishimas or other execution heavy characters. I'm not really sure how strong his combos have become in T7 compared to other characters (I don't really watch that game at all), but in TTT2 his combos and lack of good lows are his biggest weaknesses.

That's good to know thanks! She's annoying to fight against. Her stance changes totally mindfuck me.

I'm open to learning more characters since taking up Kazumi, it also helped my Katarina play.

Maybe is just not allowed to export, Im sure US regulations have to be met and then Namco USA should be the one that export it.... but alas, is just my guess.

Short ver: Jin is god, do it.

Long ver: He's very balanced, lack a BS move that other characters have (mid + safe + homing + CH + screw + crush) he has other moves that can be annoying and safe but they are easily punishable by sidestepping - but that's common among the mishimas-. Execution is also high but once you learn any of them, the jump from mishima to mishima is much much easier.

Learning wavedahsing and EWGF is a must for those characters. I really think they are the hardest characters to play as and it will take you a long time to properly play with any of them, I guess that's why I like them, is a challenge. On my opinion the hardest to play as is Kaz then Hei and last Jin.

On Jin's case b1+2 is godsent, not used often but when you do, is so cathartic, to parry an attack and follow with a launcher, like Dragunov or Kazumi fff2. The best part is that after a while you know when to expect those kind of attacks and you can punish accordingly.

I feel that to win with Jin, Kaz or Hei I need to put way more into the match. Totally the opposite with characters like Shaheen, King, or Claudio, with those I can win playing against people of higher rank doing much more less, they are easy.

Ah okay, yeah since taking up Mama Kaz, I want to play as the rest of her messed up family. Lol

ZeroX03

Banned

In total it was $20K AUD, this includes TWO Tekken 7 arcade boards and the respective cabinets along with the modem. You are still required to pay an ongoing fee to Namco. Here is an image of the initial setup, we are going to re-arrange everything so it's neater but for the time being it does the job well.

If anyone here is currently located in Melbourne, Australia and wants to know where to play, just shoot me a PM.

AllenShrz

That's awesome! Good job!

14k USD for 2?! that's more cheaper compared to when I asked, I wonder if Aus gets a different price from Japan, provably that's the case, here things tend to be more expensive than other countries for the same products.

Can you play online? Hows the scene there? And if you do, have you played against Japanese or Korean players?

lupinko

14k USD for 2?! that's more cheaper compared to when I asked, I wonder if Aus gets a different price from Japan, provably that's the case, here things tend to be more expensive than other countries for the same products.

Can you play online? Hows the scene there? And if you do, have you played against Japanese or Korean players?

We can play outside our countries? :S

I've played Koreans before, but I figured they could just be visiting.

ZeroX03

Banned

No online, local play only. Australian Tekken scene is very healthy and there are a large number of us. We have had some Korean and Japanese players come down here for tournaments. They're crazy good.

AAK

Isn't that machine going to become obsolete in 2 months when FR releases? Does Namco allow you to upgrade or are you guys going to have to buy another new machine for another 20k?

ZeroX03

Banned
Isn't that machine going to become obsolete in 2 months when FR releases? Does Namco allow you to upgrade or are you guys going to have to buy another new machine for another 20k?

T7:FR is the same as TTT2 Unlimited. Automatic downloadable upgrade.

AAK

T7:FR is the same as TTT2 Unlimited. Automatic downloadable upgrade.

Really? You don't have to pay anything extra for the upgrade? I'm asking because I think FR is a massive upgrade with new characters, stages, moves, and costumes whereas Unlimited was just a balance patch with the solo mode inclusion. I'd assume Namco would charge accordingly.

Assuming "automatic" means free.

ZeroX03

Banned
Really? You don't have to pay anything extra for the upgrade? I'm asking because I think FR is a massive upgrade with new characters, stages, moves, and costumes whereas Unlimited was just a balance patch with the solo mode inclusion. I'd assume Namco would charge accordingly.

It's a free update. Every arcade operator is already paying royalty fees for every game played on the cabinets to further assist development on the game and to keep the business model running. There will not be an additional charge for the FR update.

lupinko

It's a free update. Every arcade operator is already paying royalty fees for every game played on the cabinets to further assist development on the game and to keep the business model running. There will not be an additional charge for the FR update.

Will you guys get the new marquee art for your cabs for free tho?

GrayFoxPL

T7 Vanilla is pretty bare bones beta. FR is what it should have been from the start. It would be really shitty of them to demand more money.

GrayFoxPL

What else to expect out of the suits in charge of Namco's arcade division?

True, but maybe there's voice of reason somewhere.

I believe FR was the real version all along. The whole Akuma thing that was planned years before kinda confirms the FR before it was announced. The Vanila was just something to hold over and got turned into big arcade business unexpectedly.

I think the "suits" got more out of T7 then they ever hoped for. Ca-ching.

sasuke_91

True, but maybe there's voice of reason somewhere.

I believe FR was the real version all along. The whole Akuma thing that was planned years before kinda confirms the FR before it was announced. The Vanila was just something to hold over and got turned into big arcade business unexpectedly.

I think the "suits" got more out of T7 then they ever hoped for. Ca-ching.

That's sarcasm, isn't it? :p

It all went according to keikaku.

AAK

GGXRD Revelator has no English voices... I'm now feeling that dreaded cloud of buyer's remorse... It was bloody $80 too :(

AAK

I'll enjoy the gameplay still... And I'll hopefully find some people of my skill level to play against. But I value presentation dearly... And if I can't understand what each character is saying in battle it leaves a huge hole on where my enjoyment lies.

Why, you bought Japanese version or something?

They didn't record anything in English. Everything is in Japanese with subs. But every piece of voice over and dialogue in the battle is just moon language from hear on out.

I enjoyed the previous game's dub as well overall. Loved the personality that went into Axle, Slayer, Johnny, Leo and a bunch of others. Ramlethal was pretty awkward and Mei/Elphelt bring out the worst in me as expected but I still appreciated not having to read through the game.

GrayFoxPL

The only online Xrd I played was that one night with AAK and Manny. I won't get suckered into buying a game I won't play again.

*looks at SFV* oh.

I'm the same.

Playing SFV, Persona Ultimax, MKX, ect. :

"I could be playing Tekken now."

They didn't record anything in English. Everything is in Japanese with subs. But every piece of voice over and dialogue in the battle is just moon language from hear on out.

Don't worry it's probably just regular anime shit talking. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom