• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

I would love for Tekken 7 to be a part of Sony's conference!

74961-aznbabystop.gif

lupinko

Wizard World has nothing to do with E3.

Also that event is in Sacramento, which is pretty far away from Los Angeles (where E3 is) even though they're in the same state.

They didn't record anything in English. Everything is in Japanese with subs. But every piece of voice over and dialogue in the battle is just moon language from hear on out.

Really? Moon language? Smh

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'll enjoy the gameplay still... And I'll hopefully find some people of my skill level to play against. But I value presentation dearly... And if I can't understand what each character is saying in battle it leaves a huge hole on where my enjoyment lies.

They didn't record anything in English. Everything is in Japanese with subs. But every piece of voice over and dialogue in the battle is just moon language from hear on out.

I enjoyed the previous game's dub as well overall. Loved the personality that went into Axle, Slayer, Johnny, Leo and a bunch of others. Ramlethal was pretty awkward and Mei/Elphelt bring out the worst in me as expected but I still appreciated not having to read through the game.

I turned all the voices back to Japanese in vanilla Xrd anyway so I'm okay with this.

Why would you not want Norio Wakamoto?

AAK

Really? Moon language? Smh

Didn't mean it as an offensive term. I'm just frustrated they established a foundation of the characters in the previous games in English for the west in a way we can comprehend only to throw it away in the next game.

I turned all the voices back to Japanese in vanilla Xrd anyway so I'm okay with this.

Why would you not want Norio Wakamoto?

Because I don't understand what they're saying? All I hear is jibberish during the game. If it were just grunts like in VF/Tekken then it wouldn't be so bad. But in GG they say complete sentences at times during moves/supers. I'd like to be included in that.

Besides, like I said earlier May/Elphelt/Jam are extremely painful to listen to in Japanese while characters like Axle/Slayer/Johnny and others had a ton of personality given with the accents they brought forth. I can't get any of that in the Japanese version.

I will be collecting some questions from NeoGAF for #TEKKENTALK , hope you guys are ready!

Do you want questions now, or on the day of?

I will be collecting some questions from NeoGAF for #TEKKENTALK , hope you guys are ready!

If the nex guests are Harada & Michael Murray please ask them about the input delay in fighting games. Ask them if they are aware of the large amount of controversy surrounding the 8 frames of delay in Street Fighter V & how it's making it hard to react to things & the game feel sluggish. Ask them what impact input delay has in their opinion on game feel & design, & what the current input delay is in Tekken 7: FR.

What does Wizard World have to do with E3?

Wizard World has nothing to do with E3.

Also that event is in Sacramento, which is pretty far away from Los Angeles (where E3 is) even though they're in the same state.

Acting like Harada can't fly or drive from LA to Sacramento is silly. The big Tekken 7 FR Japanese even takes place on the 15th in Japan so this upcoming Tuesday here which is right in the middle of E3. Why wouldn't Namco take the opportunity to do a simultaneously information release and presentations at both events? Either way next week we get to see the new build of FR.

Spuck-uk

Banned
If the nex guests are Harada & Michael Murray please ask them about the input delay in fighting games. Ask them if they are aware of the large amount of controversy surrounding the 8 frames of delay in Street Fighter V & how it's making it hard to react to things & the game feel sluggish. Ask them what impact input delay has in their opinion on game feel & design, & what the current input delay is in Tekken 7: FR.

Tekken Tag 2 has iirc ~7 frames input lag

Not really as much of an issue in a game where jabs are 10 frames instead of 3

Dereck

This is really good

I tell you we'll get a console release date.
If we get a console release date, not a season, not a year, not a Q1 or Q2, a full date, I won't post in this thread again until it comes out on console.

AAK

I just realized: MKX was announced in June 2014, Tekken 7 was announced in July 2014. By the time T7 will be playable for the west, NRS will have made MKX, MKX KP1, MKXL, and now Injustice 2 for consoles.

Ask them why there's the whole customization mode in Tekken instead of just having X polished costumes/colors per character like in basically all other fighting games.

I'm by turns grateful and infuriated by this, so i'd be very interested what they have to say about it.

7 frames? That's fucked up but explains a lot.

"The fuck with the lag?!"

QxxJVGI.gif

It was 5 to 6 before Tag 2. Did you not notice that it was harder to break throws in Tag 2 than before? I personally am fine with 6 frames and I think that would be a great target for Namco to try and hit.

Ask them why there's the whole customization mode in Tekken instead of just having X polished costumes/colors per character like in basically all other fighting games.

I'm by turns grateful and infuriated by this, so i'd be very interested what they have to say about it.

That question is easy. They originally copied VF4 who did it first and it allows for a wide variety of customizing and acts as a carrot on a string to get people to keep playing.

AAK

I have no experience with the 360 version but doesn't PS3 TTT2 suffer from frame drops in a lot of level? I swear to God the game have inconsistent frame rate in Russia, Canada and Dubai stages.

Didn't experience much in the Canada stage, but Russia and Spain are the worst especially when playing Raven.

GrayFoxPL

It was 5 to 6 before Tag 2. Did you not notice that it was harder to break throws in Tag 2 than before? I personally am fine with 6 frames and I think that would be a great target for Namco to try and hit.

But the same guy who tested 7 frame input lag on Tag2 tested T6 with zero lag on PS3.

I can't find any more info online about T6 input lag.

AAK

But the same guy who tested 7 frame input lag on Tag2 tested T6 with zero lag on PS3.

I can't find any more info online about T6 input lag.

That's not an input lag test, it's a comparison between both systems seeing how many frames are dropped over the other.

Noodalls from TZ did a comparison between T6 and TTT2 and found 1 extra frame of input lag in TTT2. I can't find the archive.

GrayFoxPL

That's not an input lag test, it's a comparison between both systems seeing how many frames are dropped over the other.

Oh I see.

I still can't find anything about T6 lag, or DR HD lag.
Edit: I see the edit now.

Damn need to go back to Tekken1&2 for no lag, lol.

And yeah about TTT2 stages. On Russia stage if characters are sticking to the side of the wall and the camera clips from the outside showing transparent elements, the game suffers big slowdown.
Can happen on other stages too.

GrayFoxPL

I wanna now why post T4 Paul was made into a clown and incredible moron.

I wanna now where are Kazuya's white karate pants in T7 featured in the promos and intro. Who stole Kazuya's pants?!

I want to now the truth!

GrayFoxPL

Btw. guys need your help with something.

Lately when I'm playing Tag2 online I get these weird pauses during matches. Game pauses/freezes during mid match and unpauses. Fucking annoying. That might happened in the past but not almost every match.

At first I thought my PS3 was dying, but it only happens online. So I don't know. Then I thought someone conncted to my wifi somehow and is fucking the internet, but it seems no one does and everything is wired.

Maybe those internet provider fuckers did something to the network last few weeks.

But did you guys experience those online pauses? Have any idea what this is?

Because Harada views T4 as the black sheep of the series and wants to distance the sequels from that game?

So my boy must suffer because of that? :(

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah, maybe. But perhaps Harada would have something insightful to say about it.

I'm more interested in hearing why customization has regressed since Tekken 6. I know the reasoning for it in Tekken Tag 2, but Tekken 7 seems to have more single-piece outfits as customizations than ever, where the only thing that you can modify is the color. So in a way, it does have those "polished" costumes you were talking about. Funny thing though, Tekken 6 had polished P1 and P2 costumes that you could actually mix around.

Decals and a free range of colors are the only two actual improvements the system has gotten since 2008, and even those have downsides.

sasuke_91

Because Harada views T4 as the black sheep of the series and wants to distance the sequels from that game?

So that's why he also turned Xiaoyu from a lady into a little girl.
Is that also the reason he ignores the Steve/Nina relationship?

Btw. guys need your help with something.

Lately when I'm playing Tag2 online I get these weird pauses during matches. Game pauses/freezes during mid match and unpauses. Fucking annoying. That might happened in the past but not almost every match.

At first I thought my PS3 was dying, but it only happens online. So I don't know. Then I thought someone conncted to my wifi somehow and is fucking the internet, but it seems no one does and everything is wired.

Maybe those internet provider fuckers did something to the network last few weeks.

But did you guys experience those online pauses? Have any idea what this is?

I also experienced those pauses, but just in one match so far. Haven't played a lot of Tekken lately though.

What's tekken on the 3ds like? Is yoshimitsu the goat in it?

Tekken 3DS seems to be like T6. Everyone has their T6 movelist as far as I know.

By the way, can someone translate this message for me? :p

LsK4Stx.jpg

GrayFoxPL

So that's why he also turned Xiaoyu from a lady into a little girl.
Is that also the reason he ignores the Steve/Nina relationship?

Can you imagine how bad T7 story and endings will be?

I also experienced those pauses, but just in one match so far. Haven't played a lot of Tekken lately though.

When I turned off tekken tunes it was better but still happened.

Tekken 3DS seems to be like T6. Everyone has their T6 movelist as far as I know.

Apart of Heihachi, he's from Tag 2. Few new stages too. Weird version.

By the way, can someone translate this message for me? :p

LsK4Stx.jpg

mLOEUFO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom