• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
No, I think you're right:

For all intents and purposes, I think we can consider these the newcomer's 2p outfits.

I wonder what Claudio's safe word is

The rest of the cast has customizations like these too. Character exclusive. A bit hit and miss. I guess you could consider them 3P outfits?

oCe3ZEIohvwCyWh6eiVpXlw_B1HjDgLDLsuIMb91ZpKMcKL5tDVqzx48FIwiNC2L

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The read of the cast has customizations like these too. Character exclusive. A bit hit and miss. I guess you could consider them 3P outfits?

oCe3ZEIohvwCyWh6eiVpXlw_B1HjDgLDLsuIMb91ZpKMcKL5tDVqzx48FIwiNC2L

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I wish there was an easy way to see all of the customizations currently in the system. I remember Tekken 6 BR had some (Korean?) website that let you see all the customizations on offer.

Creaking

Ah, I forgot about these too. Looks like the new characters might have more than just one alt outfit:

CGvaMvaUIAAsPFd.png

Now I really wish there was some kind of complete gallery out there.

Creaking

There's a few more here although Yoshi's is old and Shaheen's looks like a Tag 2 recycle with decals.

Speaking of which, I don't think I've seen any customizations for Yoshimitsu that weren't pulled from Tekken 6 or Tag 2.

Rajang

RIP Tekkengamer forums.

It was a short, hot and sweaty love affair anyways. :(

Until next we meet.

xoxoxo

For people who don't know:

Hello and thank you for your interest in our forums. We have indefinitely disabled the forums because they were significantly impacting the speed and page load times of the entire site. Having weighed the options, we desire that our visitors have and enjoy and better browsing experience more than anything else, so we have disabled them.

The forums may return, but they will be hosted on a sub-domain so that they do not impact the main site in any way. Or, we may proceed with making a TekkenGamer Discord. This is more likely.

We will be working on this immediately.

In the meantime, please continue to enjoy the site!

Thank you for your continued support!

– TekkenGamer

Creaking

The forum's level of discourse was very...

Well, there wasn't much important being discussed. Small loss. Plus it was too slow for me to want to spend a lot of time there.

It's still a great news source and media hub. I just don't think they expected the traffic. Goes to show you how much people want a new place to hang out. TZ is still the library of congress for technical talk, it's just not the social hub it once was.

Recently went to a local pizza place and corner of my eye I saw a Tekken 4 machine. Play it, and remembering the fight club stage on it. You think they'll bring back that stage? I really liked that stage

Rajang

That podcast was fun.

Recently went to a local pizza place and corner of my eye I saw a Tekken 4 machine. Play it, and remembering the fight club stage on it. You think they'll bring back that stage? I really liked that stage

If I remember correctly on Tekken Talk MarkMan talked about what classic stages fans would want back for T7, also asking it to Michael Murray and Harada. So it could be possible if enough people ask.

I would love T5's Moonlit Wilderness again, including the original soundtrack for it.

But there are too many great classic stages tho.

Nina combos.

Our Blondie gotta work hard for that damage.

Nice combos. Unfortunately, it seems like they left that annoyingly nonsensical motion for the flapping butterfly in the game. Speaking of motions.............Am I the only one that sometimes struggles with QCF motions in Tekken? They never felt right to me because it seems like you can generally only do them when you are in a perfect standing position. Does anyone know if they are even slightly more responsive in Tekken 7?

Also, as I predicted awhile back, Nina appeared to have lost her muscle definition and her body looks just like all of the other girls which I think is a tad disappointing. That one of the things that differentiated her from most of the video game women in the world. Guess they caved in and listened to the "fans" who said she looked masculine in TTT2 because she looked sinewy. People can say what they want about Capcom's SF5 women, but they are not afraid to add some muscle tone to them at least. Oh well, not a significant deal of course, just an observation.

Nice combos. Unfortunately, it seems like they left that annoyingly nonsensical motion for the flapping butterfly in the game. Speaking of motions.............Am I the only one that sometimes struggles with QCF motions in Tekken? They never felt right to me because it seems like you can generally only do them when you are in a perfect standing position. Does anyone know if they are even slightly more responsive in Tekken 7?
This is why I stopped playing Nina as of Tekken 4. I simply couldn't master the iWS combos and they were too important to not use. It would be like playing a Mishima and not knowing how to EWGF or even WGF.
Also, as I predicted awhile back, Nina appeared to have lost her muscle definition and her body looks just like all of the other girls which I think is a tad disappointing. That one of the things that differentiated her from most of the video game women in the world. Guess they caved in and listened to the "fans" who said she looked masculine in TTT2 because she looked sinewy. People can say what they want about Capcom's SF5 women, but they are not afraid to add some muscle tone to them at least. Oh well, not a significant deal of course, just an observation.
Not that I'm trying to give the Dev team any credit here, but maybe they had a reason for this one. Who knows, maybe she "went soft" as a fiance, AKA she was going into retirement, and something gave her reason to fight again. By the appearance of her Killer Bride outfit, it looks like her wedding didn't go so well, and she's after the culprit.

There might even be a customization "Fit to Kill" that you can select in the console version. I wouldn't put it past Harada to put something that random in the game.

GrayFoxPL

I think Nina looks great here. Her legs look strong enough to make breaking bones plausible.

I don't agree that Nina is useless without butterfly combos. I think her new f+2,1,4 screw sends opponent flying further then anything before for a basic bound combo. Of course it's great to have wallcarry only Lee could match but I would not drop a character because of just lacking that. Besides it scales like shit.

Pachimari

The coolest thing for any Tekken fan would be, if at the 30th anniversary, they would release a Tekken Anthology game. Not including older versions but instead creating a Tekken game in Unreal Engine 4, and remaking all the past stages, costumes and including every soundtrack, letting us choose between Tag or single, and including updated versions of Bowl and Ball. Daaaaaaaamn!

sasuke_91

Thanks to those who listened and participated... and I apologize for my wishlist tangents. :p

When I hear you talking I understand why you're a little (or a lot) disappointed with Tekken 7 and its mechanics (and its new characters). You have very interesting ideas. I always think though that (to an extent) one shouldn't expect to see too much of his own visions in the new game and be disappointed as a result.

@Dereck: Our connection has become pretty decent compared to before.

I noticed something with my connection which is pretty dumb to be honest. I got a modem with my contract which is also a router (but has no brigde mode). I was disappointed with it because it had nothing you'd expect from a decent router. No UPnP, no DMZ and Port Forwarding was a drag because you had to open the ports one by one, so I bought my own router and hooked it up with the modem. Connecting two routers with each other is not the smartest idea, but it worked way better this way.
Last week I got an upgrade to my internet connection and a new router as well (still no bridge mode) which is actually pretty decent. I still have my PS3 connected to my own router though. I ran a speed test with my laptop and got 5ms ping on my modem/router and 11ms ping on the router that is connected via LAN.
My connection with our US players might get better if I connect my PS3 to the modem/router.

I think Nina looks great here. Her legs look strong enough to make breaking bones plausible.

I don't agree that Nina is useless without butterfly combos. I think her new f+2,1,4 screw sends opponent flying further then anything before for a basic bound combo. Of course it's great to have wallcarry only Lee could match but I would not drop a character because of just lacking that. Besides it scales like shit.

Oh, I definitely agree that Nina looks amazing, but I guess I was a little surprised that she was less toned like I predicted, that's all.

Yeah, I agree. I've seen a decent amount of solid Nina players use her proficiently without even throwing out any flapping butterfly combos.

GrayFoxPL

I met great player online and he recognized me from this thread, he reads it often. He wants to join Gaf but he's waiting for authorization for weeks now. He's using his university email.

Something's wrong, he shouldn't have to wait that long, right? Afaik it's all automatic now once email passes.

His psn is iClaww if I remember right, I correct it tomorrow if not.

I hope he gets in.

sasuke_91

I met great player online and he recognized me from this thread, he reads it often. He wants to join Gaf but he's waiting for authorization for weeks now. He's using his university email.

Something's wrong, he shouldn't have to wait that long, right? Afaik it's all automatic now once email passes.

His psn is iClaww if I remember right, I correct it tomorrow if not.

I hope he gets in.

When I joined GAF I had to wait several weeks for my registration to pass and that's 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom