• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSX

I met great player online and he recognized me from this thread, he reads it often. He wants to join Gaf but he's waiting for authorization for weeks now. He's using his university email.

Something's wrong, he shouldn't have to wait that long, right? Afaik it's all automatic now once email passes.

His psn is iClaww if I remember right, I correct it tomorrow if not.

I hope he gets in.

Pshhh I just signed up with my parent's isp email address. Forgot that I even registered. One year later, just randomly inputted my usual username and password cuz I couldnt remember if I ever registered and voila !

Pachimari

I met great player online and he recognized me from this thread, he reads it often. He wants to join Gaf but he's waiting for authorization for weeks now. He's using his university email.

Something's wrong, he shouldn't have to wait that long, right? Afaik it's all automatic now once email passes.

His psn is iClaww if I remember right, I correct it tomorrow if not.

I hope he gets in.

Some people on here even waited a year. It can take a long while.

I see they got rid of the character forums, thank goodness. Much better now.

AAK

It took me what felt like 3-4 months for clearance and that was 10 years ago. I remember just giving up at one point until I got an email confirming it.

When I hear you talking I understand why you're a little (or a lot) disappointed with Tekken 7 and its mechanics (and its new characters). You have very interesting ideas. I always think though that (to an extent) one shouldn't expect to see too much of his own visions in the new game and be disappointed as a result.

Yeah, It's definitely one of my biggest character flaws of projecting myself onto everything and everybody. Thanks for the wisdom and something I need to stop doing.

Dereck

Yeah, It's definitely one of my biggest character flaws of projecting myself onto everything and everybody. Thanks for the wisdom and something I need to stop doing.
We talked about this a little before, but I put you on the podcast just to show it to you. If you see it more you might learn how to slow that process. Just try to reel yourself back whenever you find yourself going too deep into the sea. This podcast (whatever thing) will hopefully help you work on that problem you're talking about.

This is a learning process for me too, to learn how to better formulate and structure what I want to say right on the fly without any planning. Anyone can come off as competent and articulate when they're typing stuff, but can people be that without seconds of time to prepare? That's my focus.

Numb

Having different types of rage arts is a great idea AAK
High,mid,low is not enough variety
Akuma has a grab and projectile super but King doesn't get a grab one?
Claudio could just use his quincy arrow from the start as his full rage art etc etc
They could do a million things with just Yoshi alone
Jack even drops bullet shells in some of his moves

Dereck

Ninja Killa is fucking insane and I hope his parents allow him to compete.

ieXBIP3.gif

sasuke_91

It's not a flaw anymore if you learn to tone it down a bit.
I like your ideas, so I'd like to hear more about them in the future.

I played ranked for 4 hours and I don't know why I did.

Nothing's changed about it.

Did the same with Jin/Lee the other day, but I quit after 3 matches. I'll hit ranked again when T7 comes out.

Ninja Killa is fucking insane and I hope his parents allow him to compete.

ieXBIP3.gif

Crazy. How old is he?

TekkenGAF, have I made the right decision? I just bought a PS4 from Amazon for 200€. "Generalüberholt". I think it's called reconditioned in English.
It's a white one. Older revision. The new one had a lot of bad reviews, so I chose this one instead and the white one looks cool.
I wanted to wait for the Neo, but now that it looks like it won't come out until 2017 I'm a little sick of waiting. Maybe I'll sell this one when there's more information on the Neo.

Numb

He's done that since Tekken 5, as I recall.
Hoped they use it but didn't
SFC tekken rage art it is
It's not a flaw anymore if you learn to tone it down a bit.
I like your ideas, so I'd like to hear more about them in the future.

Did the same with Jin/Lee the other day, but I quit after 3 matches. I'll hit ranked again when T7 comes out.

Crazy. How old is he?

TekkenGAF, have I made the right decision? I just bought a PS4 from Amazon for 200€. "Generalüberholt". I think it's called reconditioned in English.
It's a white one. Older revision. The new one had a lot of bad reviews, so I chose this one instead and the white one looks cool.
I wanted to wait for the Neo, but now that it looks like it won't come out until 2017 I'm a little sick of waiting. Maybe I'll sell this one when there's more information on the Neo.
If the price difference between new and this one is big enough
It won't break easy. Probably
Get kof demo if you hyped for it

Numb

Damn that's young.

I never played KoF. Is it hard to get into? Will you help me? :p

I'm still not sure if buying the console was a wise decision haha. I still have a lot I want to play on my PS3^^
Don't look at me I'm shit at it and always been.
But I find this one way way easier than 13. Get it if you want a fighter on the system. I'm hyped. Guessing you got it for ff15 and some such

sasuke_91

Don't look at me I'm shit at it and always been.
But I find this one way way easier than 13. Get it if you want a fighter on the system. I'm hyped. Guessing you got it for ff15 and some such
Let's be shit together!
And yeah, bought the console for the exclusives coming out in a few months. Although my hype for FFXV is not that high anymore (still going to play it of course).

Numb

Let's be shit together!
And yeah, bought the console for the exclusives coming out in a few months. Although my hype for FFXV is not that high anymore (still going to play it of course).
Sweet!
I'm just waiting for P5 and nier

Been a while since tag 2
Up for some some time?

sasuke_91

Sweet!
I'm just waiting for P5 and nier

Been a while since tag 2
Up for some some time?

I still have to play the first Nier game. Love the soundtrack though! Hills of Radiant Wind one of the best soundtracks ever made!

We can (should) play tommorrow. Not sure about the time though since I spend my days in the library studying at the moment.

KoF14 is fun and the backgrounds are pretty.

Nelson is in the demo and he's like 2D Steve. Sort of. You might like him.

2D Steve sounds good. Does the demo have multiplayer?

EDIT: @Numb: lol, I guess I have chosen my characters already :D

Sasuke already confirmed maining Nelson Muimui and Kim
That Steve,ling and hwo team :p

That team sounds serious as hell. All of those are looking well above average.

Yes but only local, no online. Does have tutorial and training mode. 7 characters.

----
I need to play some more Tekken against you guys soon. I want to test if i can make Raven work alright...

Numb

I still have to play the first Nier game. Love the soundtrack though! Hills of Radiant Wind one of the best soundtracks ever made!

We can (should) play tommorrow. Not sure about the time though since I spend my days in the library studying at the moment.

EDIT: @Numb: lol, I guess I have chosen my characters already :D
Nier ost my most listened ever
didn't play the game

Down. We will find the time

No online unfortunately

And those guys are good. Well the game is early. Muimui even more annoying than ling so you'll like her probably -_-

Nier ost my most listened ever
didn't play the game

Down. We will find the time

No online unfortunately

And those guys are good. Well the game is early. Muimui even more annoying than ling so you'll like her probably -_-

Haven't played Nier either, but I watched a complete playthrough years ago. That OST is hot fiyah.

I just tuned in. What's up?

Late reply sorry. In general, the NRS community was bitching about some stuff. One being the timeslot at the EVO venue, but also what they deemed "non MK" players commentating on MKX. The gist being only the purists (NRS only players) should be doing commentary. All 3 on the show pretty much fired all shots on the subject. Aris toned down the rhetoric in the end, and Ricky just used his bitch calling of the week to reiterate the whole thing, lol.

Osu was named in there somewhere in the mix.

I don't care either way. For me, you always need 1 "color commentator" and 1 technical. Aris filled the color part just fine, so I don't see what the gripe is personally.

Damn that's young.

I never played KoF. Is it hard to get into? Will you help me? :p

I'm still not sure if buying the console was a wise decision haha. I still have a lot I want to play on my PS3^^

I tried playing KOF XIII but it was one of the most intimidating fighting games I have ever okayed, I have no idea if XIV has toned it back or not though.

sasuke_91

I tried playing KOF XIII but it was one of the most intimidating fighting games I have ever okayed, I have no idea if XIV has toned it back or not though.
I heard that KoF XIII is a very hard fighter, but people were also telling me that "this game is what Tekken would look like if it was a 2D fighter". I'm interested in trying it out.

I shouldn't post in this thread past 3AM. I just noticed that "generalüberholt" is simply refurbished in English. Google translator failed me xD

I heard that KoF XIII is a very hard fighter, but people were also telling me that "this game is what Tekken would look like if it was a 2D fighter". I'm interested in trying it out.

KoF14 seems to be a lot easier than 13 too.

The input buffer seems more generous and in general due to the scaling it's easier to do good damage with simple combos. There's been quite a few instances where i've run into longer more complicated combos actually doing less damage than the simple ones.

I shouldn't post in this thread past 3AM. I just noticed that "generalüberholt" is simply refurbished in English. Google translator failed me xD

I derped and said okayed when I meant to say played. Does the demo have online? I will give it a go when I get home.

I am mainly putting time into revelator. but in 3 or so weeks I am going to have the opportunity to play T7 FR.

sasuke_91

I derped and said okayed when I meant to say played. Does the demo have online? I will give it a go when I get home.

I am mainly putting time into revelator. but in 3 or so weeks I am going to have the opportunity to play T7 FR.
The demo doesn't have Online. Just local multiplayer.

A friend of mine has a wild card for T7 at Gamescom. Now I really regret not having searched for tickets early enough :c

Late reply sorry. In general, the NRS community was bitching about some stuff. One being the timeslot at the EVO venue, but also what they deemed "non MK" players commentating on MKX. The gist being only the purists (NRS only players) should be doing commentary. All 3 on the show pretty much fired all shots on the subject. Aris toned down the rhetoric in the end, and Ricky just used his bitch calling of the week to reiterate the whole thing, lol.

Osu was named in there somewhere in the mix.

I don't care either way. For me, you always need 1 "color commentator" and 1 technical. Aris filled the color part just fine, so I don't see what the gripe is personally.

Aris brought up how people of the MK community were complaining how he was given the privilege to commentate for MK Top 8 when he's not a part of "their" community.
That doesn't make much sense. Aris and UltraDavid have been commentating NRS stuff for years. Most of the best commentators commentate multiple games as well. No need for that purist BS.

GrayFoxPL

You made the right decision. What games will you get?

I play every KOF like it's always 95-98. I never managed to master the hd cancel shit in 2002 and XIII, maybe in XIV it's easier but I wont cry if it's not. 95 and anti air Power Geyser for life!

I guess iKlaww (that's his nick) has gotta wait to join us, but I still don't buy you gotta wait so long to join. It must be some technical problem.

That doesn't make much sense. Aris and UltraDavid have been commentating NRS stuff for years. Most of the best commentators commentate multiple games as well. No need for that purist BS.

At the same time, every other game gets people that are most involved with their community to commentate their game.

Are you sure that it means reconditioned and not refurbished?

sasuke_91

You made the right decision. What games will you get?

I play every KOF like it's always 95-98. I never managed to master the hd cancel shit in 2002 and XIII, maybe in XIV it's easier but I wont cry if it's not. 95 and anti air Power Geyser for life!

I'll think about getting KoF after playing the demo. Other than that I'm not sure.
Gravity Rush and Vallyria Chronicles seem like obvious choices.

Are you sure that it means reconditioned and not refurbished?
Yep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom