• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Current roster:

zUcX0Zw.png
DbzqJv9.png
hrqK1LM.png
dhLogQB.png
ieZ5SH5.png
e9hmT3f.png
n2XW4Br.png
I2yQGpl.png
JIPXBb1.png

eRQdaZP.png
9aZkmtS.png
C7hwNu9.png
Y4rFjEH.png
kkKhtTq.png
BIkQH2k.png
UjeUVpX.png
kd2FyXQ.png
zq7CLxn.png

Nhqkmgn.png
hYAOykD.png
HHGkFMe.png
7wlSMB5.png
EYpdEfJ.png
yNy6jWY.png
Y1HehGc.png
eq3d0zM.png
IkaHIpK.png

YbTEdD9.png
9PAV0L6.png
12MNYkN.png
l2HCxFr.png

• 31 characters
  • Of which 9 are new

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
31 characters?

Smaller roster my ass harada lol

To be fair, the only numbers we ever heard from him (on only one occasion two years ago) were 36 to 38.

I suspect we'll be back at at least Tekken 6's 40 by the time the game stops getting new content (including post console launch characters)

AAK

Well...I'll be damned, ZTS is correct when he said that PS4 sticks might miss interpret simultaneously pressed buttons.

I did the test with a raspberry pi, I made a simple program to press simultaneously 1+2 on a 100 cycle, it turns out there are miss interpretation of signals from 3 to 6 times on that 100 cycle.

xeHsPzn.jpg

I9PsGH1.jpg

I ran the program 10 times and on all tests there were miss interpretations and to be sure there is no problem with timings, I increased the waiting time between presses from 1sec to 2 and 3sec.

With the RAP3 that problem was not present.

With all the commotion with femRaven and Bob, I forgot to say thank you for this post. That setup you concocted is some really concrete evidence. I have a favor from you if possible. Can you repeat your experiment on Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown's practice mode with input details on? VF5:FS's input display UI for practice mode is far more informative than Tekken's. I'd like to see if dropped input appears a number of milliseconds after or never appears at all since you can't tell at what specific frame the button is registered in Tekken when you can tell much more with VF5:FS. If it's not possibe that's cool, and if you don't own VF5:FS that's alright too..

Please Lord make Raven competitive. They really need to go through his/her movelist and take out all of the fluff. If Namco has the audacity to name a character after me they should at least be good.

ZeroX03

Banned
Roster of 36 to 38 playable looking likely. Fine by me.

Miguel, Anna, Lee, Julia, Kuma, Lei & Mokujin would bring it up to 38. That's all the returning characters I'd expect. I guess Panda would make 39, not that she really counts. I'd be fine with shared slots again, if customs weren't an issue.

CSX

If only people would stop bitching about characters being missing. Tag 2 had fucking everything, give it a rest already.

I agree. People complain that the roster was too big and then started bitching about missing characters. They hadn't realized yet that those two things contradict each other. It's been more than a year since Tekken 7's release and they haven't caught on yet. Just learn a mishima and move on with your life cuz you know those volcano throwing bastards will never be removed from the roster.

Creaking

I agree. People complain that the roster was too big and then started bitching about missing characters. They hadn't realized yet that those two things contradict each other. It's been more than a year since Tekken 7's release and they haven't caught on yet. Just learn a mishima and move on with your life cuz you know those volcano throwing bastards will never be removed from the roster.

They're still adding characters though. People are going to have opinions and voice them.

Ah... here we go, the millionth SFV censorship thread (and jillionth SFV/censorship thread in general) is shortly going to surpass the Tekken 7 character thread. I wish more gaffers liked Tekken.

They're still adding characters though. People are going to have opinions and voice them.

Ah... here we go, the millionth SFV censorship thread (and jillionth SFV/censorship thread in general) is shortly going to surpass the Tekken 7 character thread. I wish more gaffers liked Tekken.

That damn Cammy gif is so ridiculous. lol

Well...I'll be damned, ZTS is correct when he said that PS4 sticks might miss interpret simultaneously pressed buttons.

I did the test with a raspberry pi, I made a simple program to press simultaneously 1+2 on a 100 cycle, it turns out there are miss interpretation of signals from 3 to 6 times on that 100 cycle.

I ran the program 10 times and on all tests there were miss interpretations and to be sure there is no problem with timings, I increased the waiting time between presses from 1sec to 2 and 3sec.

With the RAP3 that problem was not present.

Thank you. This shit literally cost me $20 this weekend. I would go to do Claudio's f+1+2 1+2 & get f+211+2 which is fucking launch punishable. Happened like 6 times in the middle of a money match. Made me miss a d+1+2 wall ender that someone tech rolled & launched me for & a whole bunch of other bullshit. I'm done with PS4 sticks with Tekken. It's going to be Xbox or PS3 from now on. Shit is so stupid.

Creaking

I want everyone to return but that happened in tag 2
still do

I wouldn't go as far as Tag 2, but I honestly wouldn't mind the whole Tekken 6 cast returning. Maybe part ways with those who have obviously been replaced.

Then again, I've never minded the large roster.

Then again, I've never played the game competitively.

Ah, there goes the Bob thread. Lost to page 2. We got 4 pages out of it though. Weee.

Numb

I wouldn't go as far as Tag 2, but I honestly wouldn't mind the whole Tekken 6 cast returning. Maybe part ways with those who have obviously been replaced.

Then again, I've never minded the large roster.

Then again, I've never played the game competitively.
Imagine if tekken 7 launched with 16 characters like sfv did
I'm curious who would make the cut if 12 were returning and 4 new

Creaking

Imagine if tekken 7 launched with 16 characters like sfv did
I'm curious who would make the cut if 12 were returning and 4 new

A sprinkling of staples and entirely too many schoolgirls and Mishimas.

Imagine if Tekken 7 launched with 50 characters, like KoF XIV

I'm just always worried about roster cuts because I've got fringe taste when it comes to favorite characters. I've said it before, but Yoshimitsu is the only one of the current cast that I played heavily in the previous games. Dabbled in Feng, Hwoarang, Leo, and Raven, even a bit of Heihachi, but there are many absentee characters that I'd put before them.

Numb

A sprinkling of staples and entirely too many schoolgirls and Mishimas.

Imagine if Tekken 7 launched with 50 characters, like KoF XIV

I'm just always worried about roster cuts because I've got fringe taste when it comes to favorite characters.
It'll be lots returning

I think I watched/played too much tekken
Starting to hear the announcer in kof14

Pachimari

I'm one of those who want as many characters to return as possible. Which is also why I were very happy about Tag 2. That said, I only want that for the Tag games. I like that we have gotten 9 "new" characters which is by far the most new we have gotten in a Tekken title. Just wish Josie had her own fighting style.

Numb

They wanna make new characters.
Also don't want a huge roster meaning cutting old folk
But at the same time can't come up with 60+ moves for the new guys
Also can't just leave whole martial arts on the table with the non returning guys

You get where I'm going with this?
Easy choice

Creaking

They wanna make new characters.
Also don't want a huge roster meaning cutting old folk
But at the same time can't come up with 60+ moves for the new guys
Also can't just leave whole martial arts on the table with the non returning guys

You get where I'm going with this?
Easy choice

6359729077923276181587763426_giphy%20(2).gif

Yeah, I'd definitely much rather have spandex mutes and crybabies over the old characters.

sasuke_91

Master Raven's teleport looks really cool. And she's a black female character in Tekken, so I guess I like her.

I was happy that Bob wouldn't be in T7, but he returns in full beauty. That's okay I guess, but I would have preferred Lee, Lei or Julia over him.

GrayFoxPL

Well, well, well. What did I wake up to.

Master Raven:

Name is kinda eh. Is this Clan Of Ravens where everyone is Raven?

She has cybernetic effects on disappearing. Raven didn't need tech to do this, just saying. ;P

Her cyber outfit is bit whack but still 10 times better then og p1 Raven.

She's beautiful. Alicia Keyes Turbo. Omena Mensah too. (Polish weather girl) Ultra babe. Playing with erection is gonna be a handicap though.

BTW. Is just me or does she have TAKI's body? Literally Taki's boddy ripped and headswapped?

Noticed animation from Kunimitsu in her RD.

Other than that...FUCK YEAH! Can't wait to play her! At least watch the streams for now. Gotta polish my Raven skills in Tag2.

I welcome you my MiISTRESS RAVEN!

BOB:

is back (from Dead Island?!)

I knew he would.

Maybe he'll be fair now.

HAHAHAHAH!

Come to think of it. I really want Eliza back in Tekken 7, as many didn't get to play her in Revolution.

I only want Eliza back if her moveset gets an overhaul. She needs more stuff.

Isn't Raven considered pretty poor in TTT2, btw? Wonder if Master Raven will get a lot of new moves.

Creaking

Come to think of it. I really want Eliza back in Tekken 7, as many didn't get to play her in Revolution.

Her moveset is pretty slim. Like 29 moves. I think some of them (animations, anyway) might've been recycled from Lili and Devil Jin too.

Pachimari

I only want Eliza back if her moveset gets an overhaul. She needs more stuff.

Isn't Raven considered pretty poor in TTT2, btw? Wonder if Master Raven will get a lot of new moves.

Her moveset is pretty slim. Like 29 moves. I think some of them (animations, anyway) might've been recycled from Lili and Devil Jin too.

Yes but give her an expanded move set. She'll be the only one to have featured in one game only if she doesn't make it in future installments.

Pachimari

Nah, she gets to snuggle up with Gon and Sebastian.

Oh yeah that's right. I wouldn't mind anyway. I just need Miguel and Lei. JayCee and Zafina would be nice too, but the last ones I really want are M and L. I'm actually pretty happy about the current roster. My favorites are by far Josie, Lucky Chloe and of course my old one Marshall Law.

Rheon

tekken_7_evo_2016_bob_5.jpg

Great facial detailing on Bob.

tekken_7_evo_2016_master_raven_4.jpg

Visually, Master Raven is everything I hoped a black girl in Tekken would look like. Thank you so much, based Harada.

Her being a Raven palette-swap however is kinda ehh but I'll take what I can get.

Numb

Vanilla was garbage looking
They can still improve things in FR tho
Like Feng's botox unmoving face
Only the lips move

New Raven makes me wonder about the alt costume, if any.

Looks like she has a detachable mask of some kind. Also seems tech heavy and futuristic. Even her teleports look less like illusion and more sci-fi.

We already have a ninja with technology... So now I'm wondering about story elements (yes, I'm a nerd). Possible connection to Bosconovich?

Lars and Raven worked with Alisa, who was Dr B tech. Maybe Yoshi and Kuni get involved now, and new Raven is a culmination of all that.

Raven skill and lineage + Dr B tech + Kuni training = Master Raven?

THE LORE
(I'm going to sleep now...zzzz)

Btw. Yoshi can sit in IND to duck under fireballs. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom