• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool to have another black girl in Tekken. All the fighting games I can think of only have one throughout their whole franchise if any at all and she doesn't have straight hair either.

I just don't like her default outfit. Like one of the people that posted in the thread, she looks like Raiden and it doesn't fit with the rest of the cast. I hope her P2 outfit is a little more grounded.

Numb

Sweet
Rage is zandatsu blade mode without the slow mo
Cool to have another black girl in Tekken. All the fighting games I can think of only have one throughout their whole franchise if any at all and she doesn't have straight hair either.

I just don't like her default outfit. Like one of the people that posted in the thread, she looks like Raiden and it doesn't fit with the rest of the cast. I hope her P2 outfit is a little more grounded.

they'll probably go with something less flashy for her 2p outfit

or ninja gear

GrayFoxPL

Raven's p2 is a costume perfection.

YrHyQAi.png

tXAYOTh.jpg

Un3k4Tl.jpg

I hope Mistress Raven gets to wear it. She should.

I miss OG Raven already. ><

AAK

DEATH&#8482;;210440154 said:
I just noticed... girl Raven doesn't have Kage Bunshin.

Booooo

I feel extra geeky knowing what that means lol

We don't know yet though, all we saw was the b+2,4 where she then canceled that into a teleport in that trailer ending into the tried and true b+2,2,3 wall string. For all we know if she completed the string a shadow clone could have come out.

GrayFoxPL

There's also a new haze cancel at 29s in the trailer. She does 1,2 HAZ and then some sort of new launcher out of it. That combo then ends with df3 into HAZ 4 somehow.

So probably more ways to go into HAZ and it's better?

Yeah it's in the middle gif. It's qcf+3 into surf board. She has very interesting new transitions.

AAK

If she really is Raven's master, having a Sensei like Inner Kimono, Haori Jacket, and Hakama for a 2P outfit with medals signifying how she's a head of the Raven ninjutsu unit would be pretty cool for me.

But I unfortunately can't trust any Japanese studio outside of From Software to make any female costume design that isn't fan service.

Still hoping for some Kunimitsu moves with that sword. Like b2. And her df2 instead of Raven's, ha ha. =D

(It's not happening)

Wow that would be a really cool idea actually. I hope she'd at least get Kunimitsu's run animation. (Also probably not gonna happen)

sasuke_91

I feel extra geeky knowing what that means lol

We all watched Naruto before it became shit :p

GrayFoxPL said:
And....Bob.

mMa5c5Q.gif

551Ytmr.gif

"Hello world again!"

Plot twist: Bob is Yoshi's long lost brother.

If she really is Raven's master, having a Sensei like Inner Kimono, Haori Jacket, and Hakama for a 2P outfit with medals signifying how she's a head of the Raven ninjutsu unit would be pretty cool for me.

But I unfortunately can't trust any Japanese studio outside of From Software to make any female costume design that isn't fan service.

We won't even get 2P outfits for new characters. Just different color of their standard outfit. Hopefully we'll get some more unique costumization for some characters, but I guess that won't really happen.

Bloodborne Old Hunters is one of the coolest looking covers ever with one of the most badass female characters ever. Without any fanservice or "boob armor" to highlight that she is indeed female. I love it.

sasuke_91

No, I think you're right:

For all intents and purposes, I think we can consider these the newcomer's 2p outfits.

I wonder what Claudio's safe word is
Ooh, I totally forgot.
And now that you can remove Josie's bow, that outfit looks really cool. Katarina looks like a tourist, Kazumi looks very cool and Lucky Chloe and Claudio look ridiculous.
I don't have any words for Gigas.
Shaheen looks so good.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Does Josie have a little Kuma trinket hanging from her belt? Looks like a bear with a red shirt, so either Kuma or Winnie the Pooh.

AAK

Well...I'll be damned, ZTS is correct when he said that PS4 sticks might miss interpret simultaneously pressed buttons.

I did the test with a raspberry pi, I made a simple program to press simultaneously 1+2 on a 100 cycle, it turns out there are miss interpretation of signals from 3 to 6 times on that 100 cycle.

xeHsPzn.jpg

I9PsGH1.jpg

I ran the program 10 times and on all tests there were miss interpretations and to be sure there is no problem with timings, I increased the waiting time between presses from 1sec to 2 and 3sec.

With the RAP3 that problem was not present.

I just tested this myself. What I did was pick Hwoarang and do 4 tests:
1. hold 3 and keep tapping 4 to see if I get the stance change
2. Hold 1 and keep tapping 2 to see if I get the BT stance change
3. Hold 1 and keep tapping 3 to see if I get the left hand throw
4. Hold 4 and keep tapping 2 to see if I get the right hand throw

100% success on my end. I'm using the Shadowloo themed TES+. It's not as comprehensive as a test as yours but this could be a YMMV situation?

AllenShrz

With all the commotion with femRaven and Bob, I forgot to say thank you for this post. That setup you concocted is some really concrete evidence. I have a favor from you if possible. Can you repeat your experiment on Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown's practice mode with input details on? VF5:FS's input display UI for practice mode is far more informative than Tekken's. I'd like to see if dropped input appears a number of milliseconds after or never appears at all since you can't tell at what specific frame the button is registered in Tekken when you can tell much more with VF5:FS. If it's not possibe that's cool, and if you don't own VF5:FS that's alright too..

I think I have a VF from PS+, I'll check and re run the test if I do have it.

100% success on my end. I'm using the Shadowloo themed TES+. It's not as comprehensive as a test as yours but this could be a YMMV situation?

Hold a button and then press another? What I did was press simultaneously 1+2 - not holding any for the next cycle-, I could try that too.

I dont know if this problem is present in all PS4 arcade sticks since I would have to test them all to really say that but the RAPV4 had it and my jaw dropped. I did the same test with the RAPV3 and that one was perfect.

Sayah

Stage improvements still needed in T7FR

-Bring back the "sunny-ness" for the Souq stage
-Get rid of the piss yellow filter on the Jungle stage
-Add some snow effects for the arctic stage

All other stages look wonderful.

Dereck

The first time I ever saw a palette swap in Tekken was in Tekken 3.

qT0oyNx.jpg

One could argue that Forest Law was also a palette swap but I doubt anyone really gave a shit at the time since that was the first time it happened.

Then in Tekken 4 Christie is a palette swap for Eddy.

The only difference now (in Tekken 7) is that the original character can't be selected.

I think what I'm seeing now is that instead of palette swaps having their originals still in the game, they're replacing the originals. This brings up a thought that maybe the Tekken roster is bloated. Or maybe it isn't since many of the clone characters only show up in Tag games anyway.

One could call it laziness, or being smart, or just saving money/time. Josie and Master Raven could have gotten entirely new movesets I'm sure but I think stuff like that would just prolong the release of the actual game and no one wants that.

I was wondering why the arctic stage was missing effects like Manji Valley. I hope they add that in eventually.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I think it'd be cool if they made time-of-day variations based around the original look of stages that were changed considerably between Vanilla and Fated Retribution, while keeping the Fated Retribution graphical touch-ups. That way they can include more stage variety without having to create something entirely new. Sort of the like the DR versions of Tekken 5 stages, but to an even lesser extent.

AAK

I think when it comes to graphical effects and animations it's game over. Those things are here to stay and all that's left are characters, customs, and more stages.

Sayah

I think it'd be cool if they made time-of-day variations based around the original look of stages that were changed considerably between Vanilla and Fated Retribution, while keeping the Fated Retribution graphical touch-ups. That way they can include more stage variety without having to create something entirely new. Sort of the like the DR versions of Tekken 5 stages, but to an even lesser extent.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

One could call it laziness, or being smart, or just saving money/time. Josie and Master Raven could have gotten entirely new movesets I'm sure but I think stuff like that would just prolong the release of the actual game and no one wants that.

I think Namco cares about preserving these movesets they've crafted, animated and balanced over several years. If the newer characters they added to T6 and T7 are any indication, they're finding it difficult adding new styles and movesets to Tekken.

Doomshine

I don't know if any of you have read the Jacobus interview on Tekkengamer, but I thought this was interesting:

After I released Baek, Harada told me that his movements were barely mocapped at all.

Also, there was something strange about Steve’s moves. He was pretty lazy for a boxer, and I talked to Kento Kojima, who directed earlier Tekkens, and he said that the mocap performer was someone in the Namco offices who happened to know boxing.

http://tekkengamer.com/meet-eric-jacobus-actor-stunt-double-and-the-guy-who-broke-the-internet/

Dereck

Originally Posted by Creaking

tk7_img_item_04.jpg

Looks great, fits the character

tk7_img_item_05.jpg

Best out of all of them

tk7_img_item_10.jpg

Looks great, fits the character

tk7_img_item_15.jpg

Looks good

tk7_img_item_17.jpg

Excellent

tk7_img_item_26.jpg

If the default costume was trash then I would consider this recyclable material

tk7_img_item_06.jpg

Kind of fitting but I would like to see her in some break dancing gear

I face palmed so hard reading this. Why would you think this would work as a test for one button triggering before another? You literall have one button always on. Of course your never going to miss an input because there is only one button to trigger, the other is already applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom