• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Ggs. Raven's 50/50 confuses me. I don't play against enough Ravens in general. No one used him before Master Raven was announced :p

yh he's too weird
Don't know what i'm doing half the time
Master Raven hype bringing in new folk

Cnr7dS0UMAQ3cp9.jpg

It took me awhile to learn that Raven's parry jutsus don't work against non-punch/kick attacks. I think
What are those?

The just frame timed ones like 1+2 on hit, or d+1+2?

His b+2+4 parries just about anything tho. Lows. Unblockables. Lasers. Bullets. Fire. All but throws I think.

Even in BT.
I can deal with Steve's counter hit launching strats, Raven's disappearing parries, Ling's confusing mixup platters where she mixes you up after mixing up two mixups, Akuma's nonchalant style of gameplay or Law's dragontails, just please don't make me have to deal with Mr. Roberto Ricardo in another game.
lmao

Dereck

What are those?

His b+2+4 parries just about anything tho. Lows. Unblockables. Lasers. Bullets. Fire. All but throws I think.

Even in BT.
Oh man, I have noooo idea.

I just thought that you could shoulder his parries.

AAK

What are those?

Even in BT.

Not b+2+4, Dereck is referring to Raven's b,b+2.

Raven's b,b+2 has a window to autparry any strike that isn't an elbow/shoulder/knee/headbutt/airborne/homing/(there are others) moves.

Yeah b+2+4 can parry everything, but all it does is teleport Raven into the ceiling where he will drop down. He's not necessarily safe after it depending on the recovery of the move he parried.

Not b+2+4, Dereck is referring to Raven's b,b+2.

Raven's b,b+2 has a window to autparry any strike that isn't an elbow/shoulder/knee/headbutt/airborne/homing/(there are others) moves.

Yeah b+2+4 can parry everything, but all it does is teleport Raven into the ceiling where he will drop down. He's not necessarily safe after it depending on the recovery of the move he parried.
Oh trust me. I know all about bb2. I abuse it to no end, like a true scrub.

Ninja surfboard ftw. And if it hits instead of reversals, you get that free u/f+3.

I like Raven, but he was borderline Nina in execution sometimes with his CD cancels. They were great for poke mixups, but it seemed like a lot of work just to fish for a CH WS 2.

I do love his BT 3+4 in combos tho. Sets up so much fun stuff.

Wonder if Master Raven will absorb some Kuni moves.

At this rate though, we'll end up with

Grand Master Kunimitsu

Dereck

I think I mentioned that I played rank last week.

I think the last time I played rank was some time in April.

People do not get worse in rank. I don't play with my rank team anymore (Forest Law/Slim Bob), I had to relearn the team.

Ranked match and test anxiety have decently sized correlations. Both usually have time limits and both shouldn't be rushed. On tests I rush through because I like to get rid of the anxiety as quickly as possible which can result in a test failure or a low test score.

Rushing through promotion/demotion or just normal ranked matches can get you killed quicker. Yeah, I like to rush promotion matches because of promotion anxiety and I realized that I don't need to do that.

I took my demotion like a man and it took me an hour and a half to get it back.

I got my Destroyer rank back and felt like maybe I could make Conquerer.

As soon as I played someone with a Destroyer rank I lost twice, I just turned the game off. Destroyer is definitely where I should be at. People at that level don't fall for my simple tactics.

AAK

All this talk about Raven I feel like I should really take my time out to appreciate probably the biggest fan of the character in the world:

https://youtu.be/aQ6iTPcD5W8?t=36

Italy's Phantom straight up went and role-played the dude in a skit for a combo vid on the character. So much love right there.

At this rate though, we'll end up with

Grand Master Kunimitsu

I still feel the name is pretty tragic. Who in the world is named after their student? Shouldn't it be the other way around? It's like calling Yip Man "Master Bruce Lee".

The only way the name would have made more sense to me was if there was a squad of buff black ninja dudes where one of them was T5's Raven and she was the teacher to all of them. However, then that would imply everyone of her students would have the code-name Raven. That doesn't make sense either since there's no way to discern between them via their names. So if T5's Raven is unique, then Master Raven is indeed named AFTER her student. That must hella suck for her.

/theLore

EDIT:

I got my Destroyer rank back and felt like maybe I could make Conquerer.

As soon as I played someone with a Destroyer rank I lost twice, I just turned the game off. Destroyer is definitely where I should be at. People at that level don't fall for my simple tactics.

I think that's just that person who beat you those 2 games. I personally think you can EASILY make red ranks after getting in those long Death Matches against those players. Despite all the stress, I learn quite a bit during Ranked match. People pull off all their best kept secrets and set ups for Ranked and it's pretty cool to see.

Dereck

I think that's just that person who beat you those 2 games. I personally think you can EASILY make red ranks after getting in those long Death Matches against those players.
You read the part where I said I initially got demoted to Vanquisher, right?

Dereck

The next time any of you guys fight a Kazama, I want you to try something.

Bait a parry, don't punish it the first few times. Once you're somewhat sure of when your opponent throws about a parry, do a snake edge or a shoulder, it's hilarious.

4JHO1sY.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tried the KoF demo. Definitely not for me. Far too many input bariers. Three matches and my thumb was sore from all the qcfs and hcfs and backwards hcfs and whatnot, only a few of which I performed to the game's liking.

sasuke_91

What the fuck ? The other characters got similar damaging combos right ?
The combo system is really weird in this game (in my opinion) and the damage scaling for some characters might need some adjustment. Especially with rage drives.

Seems like Bob and M.Raven will be released on August 1. There's going to be a niconico stream at least where they're going to be played.

ZeroX03

Banned
The next time any of you guys fight a Kazama, I want you to try something.

Bait a parry, don't punish it the first few times. Once you're somewhat sure of when your opponent throws about a parry, do a snake edge or a shoulder, it's hilarious.

Chickening is funnier, 75% of players who spam parry don't know what it is and 99% of people don't see it coming. Of course it's less efficient, but it's hilarious to land multiple. I make a game out of see how many I can land by playing really aggressively and baiting them.

AAK

Hella confused about this... who are these black female characters in Japanese games with braids? All I can think of is Jackie from Mortal Kombat and that's an American game. But even in Mortal Kombat, Tanya and (Deception era) Jade were black with straight hair. Sheva (RE5), Elena (SF3), Vanessa (VF4), Lisa (DOA4), Storm (MvC), and Grace (FV2) are the only others I can think of and each of them have straight hair while Grace is slightly curly.

Honestly MRaven is probably the second one to have braided hair after Jackie.

EDIT: Just thought of others:

Crying Wolf - Metal Gear Solid 4
Shinobu - No More Heroes

No braids there either

EDIT2: Finally found one character that supports Cuddle' claim: Wonder Black from Wonderful 101. First Japanese Female black character to don braids.

Creaking

I'm on Tag 2 now if anyone wants to beat me up. PSN is Ryuhza. Playing from Southern California. I can also do Tekken 6 if that's preferred.

Nuszka

I can imagine at least a month before T7s release everyone will be playing Tag2 to get back to their top skill level. Wonder when will they announce the actual release date?

Creaking

Thanks for the games Dereck, that was a lot of fun. I can't help but feel that the two times I won were more due to your unfamiliarity with the characters I was using rather than skillful play though. Must practice more frequently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom