• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll almost always view DJin as the best Mishima (except in TTT2 imo) for mainly 2 reasons:

-You can combo from Hellsweep on normal hit.
-He have the best options out of his wavedashing mixups compared to the other Mishimas.

Edit:

i21iSa4.gif

That's like a goddamn horror movie right there.

I think Mishima's were weaker in T6 compared to Bob/Miguel.

I would say no, WGF is not a launcher, unlike the other characters. His mix ups from WD are not as strong, specially against Kaz and DJ.

Is much as I like him, Hei, Kaz and DJ are higher tier.

? His WD mix up isn't as strong?. He has a launching hellsweep, ff+2, the best WS launcher for WD mix ups, a hopkick, an electric, and Cd+1. Pretty sure he definitely has the best WD mix ups.

Dereck

Please challenge players that are better than you to a FT3 or FT5 to gauge exactly where you are and what type of stuff you fall for.

And use your mains because otherwise the learning experience is dumbed down.

GrayFoxPL

I noticed this guy does f+1 and the small step is enough to make Akuma's cancelled demon flip land behind and backturned.

This is likely accident but I wonder if it could be legit tactics. One small step forward during demon flip and catching Akuma backturned.

Manbig

? His WD mix up isn't as strong?. He has a launching hellsweep, ff+2, the best WS launcher for WD mix ups, a hopkick, an electric, and Cd+1. Pretty sure he definitely has the best WD mix ups.

Don't forget homing move out if it and he has the same Slash Kick shortcut out of it that DJ has in CD, u/f+3.

Also, f,f+4 if he wants plus frames and forced crouch.

AllenShrz

On paper looks good, but the way he moves telegraphs what is he going to do while on WD. Kaz and DJ can hide it much more efficiently.

When I use Kaz or DJ, I can get away with wellsweeps much more often than with Jin.

Also his electric is not a full launcher, counts as an after screw.

On paper looks good, but the way he moves telegraphs what is he going to do while on WD. Kaz and DJ can hide it much more efficiently.

When I use Kaz or DJ, I can get away with wellsweeps much more often than with Jin.

Also his electric is not a full launcher, counts as an after screw.

Telegraphed? I think you are imagining things.

GrayFoxPL

It's true that Hook Fist is not as good as God Fist. EWHF doesn't crush shit and while wgf launches whenever it's counter or normal, slow or electric, whatever, Whf is electric or ch just now.

Besides WHF since it was created had different purpose then standard electric. It was solid, damging move that pushed opponent away for a wall or oki preasure. That's why it was always safe too, -6~7 in non electric.. Even in 7 it retains most of that purpose with auto screw.

Other thing is besides having formidable crouch dash and wave dash skills, Jin often relies on stuff like hopkicks, parries, stance, f+4 etc. Not really standard Mishima stuff. His CD4 doesn't have the speed or range of hellsweep.

So he's kinda mishima kinda not. Like intended.

Ironically I think Jin is insanely good. Great frames, so super hard to launch punish, shitload of plus frames on block. Billion launchers. Parry, b+1, uf+2. Played right Jin can't be touched.

Saying he's well rounded is an understatement. He's a monster.

AllenShrz

Telegraphed? I think you are imagining things.

Jin to sweep has to stand following his animation while the others dont and therefore they can camouflage it better on a WD, plus it doesnt hurt when the start up frames of an actual hellsweep are 3 shorter.

Anyway on my experience as a Mishima/Kazama player, Jin sweep is not as effective on WD as the others.

So he's kinda mishima kinda not. Like intended.

Ironically I think Jin is insanely good. Great frames, so super hard to launch punish, shitload of plus frames on block. Billion launchers. Parry, b+1, uf+2. Played right Jin can't be touched.

Saying he's well rounded is an understatement. He's a monster.

Im not sure if a monster but hes definitely well rounded.

About b+1, is not that reliable... At the arcades I get punished dearly if I use it frecuently.

On another note, Im planing to upgrade my se846 to these

IYm0dfG.jpg

And using this logo as artwork for them -

Jr7eLuD.jpg

that or a 8bit tekken Jin char - thoughts?

Numb

Get the asian text on it

---

Watching Max play Tekken 3 and i don't know if it's the nostalgia but i feel everything in that game is iconic to me

sasuke_91

The thing is, he seems to have anticipated Lee's fff+3,4, parried both and went for a cancan instead of a simple 2,4.
He also knew exactly where the wall was and that he would bearly reach it. He was also a little off-axis, so a simple mistake would have fucked shit up.
The hellsweep was a few inches away from whiffing and Jin's f+4 into db+2,2,3 was necessary to kill him but is easy to mess up.

I love watching top players pull off stuff like this in real matches. Way more impressive than combo videos.

The arcade version pauses and lags all the time. Our machine here is just two setups connected next to each other and it will spike. It's super irritating.

GrayFoxPL

The arcade version pauses and lags all the time. Our machine here is just two setups connected next to each other and it will spike. It's super irritating.

I noticed pauses before but this thing I see first time ever since vanilla beta. Maybe it's a new thing since bob patch, instead of pauses - rollbacks lol.

We also can't access training mode or have Banana passes since it's not connected online. I can't customize my waifu. We get none of the privileges but all of the pauses. Come on man...

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
The thing is, he seems to have anticipated Lee's fff+3,4, parried both and went for a cancan instead of a simple 2,4.
He also knew exactly where the wall was and that he would bearly reach it. He was also a little off-axis, so a simple mistake would have fucked shit up.
The hellsweep was a few inches away from whiffing and Jin's f+4 into db+2,2,3 was necessary to kill him but is easy to mess up.

I love watching top players pull off stuff like this in real matches. Way more impressive than combo videos.

Since you put it like that, what they pulled off sounds superhuman.

GrayFoxPL

Ggs Sasuke, you would catch up if we played longer. I didn't expect 3 db+4,1 at the end: "He won't do it. That's not his style!" - good decision!

Anyway thanks for games I really miss sessions with gaffers.

The absurdity of bob continues.....
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/765105634547150848
https://twitter.com/baboramii/status/764248872357015552

This development team and its horrible roster decisions.

I believe they'll nerf the shit out of him in Raven patch like they did with Akuma.

It's that 1 month of free craziness again.

If not then someone in Tekken project wants to see Tekken burn.

sasuke_91

Ggs Sasuke, you would catch up if we played longer. I didn't expect 3 db+4,1 at the end: "He won't do it. That's not his style!" - good decision!

Anyway thanks for games I really miss sessions with gaffers.

Good games. Sorry for bad performance and disappearing 3 times or something. Take into account that my mind goes blank whenever I see Paul's face and you'll know I was disappointed xD
I shouldn't have played Tekken to begin with, but I saw you Online so I wanted to at least get a few games in. Sessions with Gaffers is a rarity nowadays.
I knew you wouldn't expect 3 db+4,1s from me and that you wouldn't block them for that reason :D

Was it mentioned in here that we are getting 8-player lobbies?

No I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom