• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Haven't been able to punish Lucky Chloe's BT f+3+4,f+3+4 with d/f+1 at all in my testing.

I see, if that won't reach, then does his dp or ex-dp reach?

If he commits to a button early, he has to do something quick to be able to combo afterwards. The later he does it, the more + frames he has on hit. For example, jump in 4 into d+2 will not combo. However a later jump in 4 (while landing) into d+2 will. If that makes sense. Otherwise you have to do jump in d/f+1,2 or jump in 1,2, etc.

So his jump ins aren't guaranteed launchers, but my original point is how they can still be used as great defensive options. Akuma simply having a neutral jump and visually confirming if he crushes a limb before pressing a button before landing is still on hell of a tool. Unless the input window for a button is stricter than what I'm imagining?

2 is not mid, it is special mid (can't be low parried though), so there is no mixup between blocking 2 xx or d+3 xx. And since the update now, demon flips can always be hopkicked/hit on reaction.

Thank you, I didn't know it was special mid.

WS+1? WS+1 is high though, it won't punish many things. That's why you don't see anyone using it as much. Also it has bad range. He does have great FC options though, like the aforementioned FC 1 cancel into tatsu or FC sweep/d+3 for mixups/pressure.

I forgot about FC 1. Does that mean that Akuma can launch punish things like Bryan's Mach Kick and Josie's d+4 with a FC 1 xx tatsu?

The teleport was much better in the older versions. Now if the player knows/they can scout it, Akuma is extremely punishable if the opponent is prepared.

Technically everything in Tekken is extremely punishable with good movement and character knowledge. I still think it's gonna be a powerful tool to get out of certain situations that other characters will have to struggle out of using legacy mechanics.

I agree. On paper, he has great tools, but not amazing ones. I'd list him as solid mid/upper mid until someone breaks him down even more than they already have. My main gripe, as I've always mentioned, he is such a risk/reward character. If he hits (and has meter), he hits hard. Now he can't abuse things like he did before. Everything abusable that he had was normalized in a way where you can't abuse it (without taking a huge risk).

Yeah, thanks for the info.

And on the topic of normalization.... Looks like someone isn't happy a certain character wasn't provided the same treatment:

jX3RzxN.png

Sayah

I opened a stream for 5 mins last night and closed it after seeing Bob v Bob matches and re-realizing how extremely boring this character is to watch.

Doomshine

Well, Speedkicks is right about one thing: the Evo Bob Bonanza had a lot to do with damn near every top player in America playing him,.

But complaining about Bob v Bob fights when the character was just released, lol.

GrayFoxPL

There was a time when I didn't worry about Bob at all. I wouldn't say he was free but I got my wins punishing him on instinct and I didn't know anything about him.

The more I educated myself on him the worse my fights became against him. Started fearing his every move. So frustration to no end.

I don't know what it is. Maybe ignorance truly is bliss.

GrayFoxPL

TMM was on Kuro Kuro again.

Edit:

Huh?

I noticed he does df+2 into electric by f,d,df motion and not f,n,df+2 and it still launches. At first I thought it was because he sidestepped right to make it easier but he did it from straight line too and worked.

Fuck, I never bothered with df+2, electric combo because my pad can't input that precise f,n,df, it's too hyper wonky, but if df+2 into "normal" f,d,df+2 works then damn I gotta practice this shit.

Hope it's not only for T7 like adding 1 frame leniency to this or smth.

8MF2HxX.gif

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
TMM was on Kuro Kuro again.

Edit:

Huh?

I noticed he does df+2 into electric by f,d,df motion and not f,n,df+2 and it still launches. At first I thought it was because he sidestepped right to make it easier but he did it from straight line too and worked.

Fuck, I never bothered with df+2, electric combo because my pad can't input that precise f,n,df, it's too hyper wonky, but if df+2 into "normal" f,d,df+2 works then damn I gotta practice this shit.

Hope it's not only for T7 like adding 1 frame leniency to this or smth.

8MF2HxX.gif

In my experience, CH d/f+2 (since TTT1) into actual f,N,d,D/F+2 always worked.

Nuszka

In my worst nightmares i would not see myself sitting in practice mode and getting to know Bob as i should, completely neglected that atrocity in t6 and tag2 with high hopes for him not being in t7. How silly i was.

There was a time when I didn't worry about Bob at all. I wouldn't say he was free but I got my wins punishing him on instinct and I didn't know anything about him.

The more I educated myself on him the worse my fights became against him. Started fearing his every move. So frustration to no end.

I don't know what it is. Maybe ignorance truly is bliss.

Fear kills

If you're a robot, Bob is crazy punishable by Yoshi's sword flash. His recovery on moves + his big hitbox + a lot of openings in strings makes him an easy target. NSS Yoshi is almost entirely(like 90% of the time) the best stance to use defensively against him.

If the Bob player likes to turtle (lol.. does that happen?), then of course do your normal thing.

(Yoshi can Launch punish bob's d/b+3, LUL)

GrayFoxPL

Bob hate strong

https://twitter.com/reepal/status/763213057740845057
https://twitter.com/NORCALsubtL/status/763223216621883393

I dare Namco to give Bob the Bruce or Raven treatment, but of course they wouldn't dare have a fat or old female character.

That wouldn't change a thing if she was still Bob.

I don't hate Bob because of his appearance, I find it shallow and distasteful when ppl hate him because he's fat or smth.
When he was announced in T6 I was super hyped that we'd get Sammo Hung alongside Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. Even his moveset was pretty up to par.

Everything was ruined because he was designed to play like an asshole. Ppl with laggy connections go online and b+2,2 all day because you can't do shit with the lag. His moves crush others with Bob only logic like shoryuken going under deathfist or df+4.
Spam d+1 because it hits always in any situation.

They could've fixed him in FR and make him honest character but what for if that's not the goal?

sasuke_91

Why did everyone lie to me?!

Nca6sfT.gif

Every goddam guide (even MM's, lol) notes that it's gotta be f,n,df+2 and nothing else.

OK.

c7k0AtW.gif

f,n,df+2 and f,d,df+2 are both 13f, so I thought it was obvious you could use both after CH df+2.
I never manage to do it though. Not even in practice mode.

That wouldn't change a thing if she was still Bob.

I don't hate Bob because of his appearance, I find it shallow and distasteful when ppl hate him because he's fat or smth.
When he was announced in T6 I was super hyped that we'd get Sammo Hung alongside Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. Even his moveset was pretty up to par.

Everything was ruined because he was designed to play like an asshole. Ppl with laggy connections go online and b+2,2 all day because you can't do shit with the lag. His moves crush others with Bob only logic like shoryuken going under deathfist or df+4.
Spam d+1 because it hits always in any situation.

They could've fixed him in FR and make him honest character but what for if that's not the goal?

Bob/Lars in TTT2 was the worst team for me. The only thing I could hope for was green ranks panicking and using Shoryuken or Lars' uf+3. If a player knew what he was doing I was screwed. And the 50% wall-less combos are mostly gone without Tag in T7.

They'll troll us again and announce Eddy next month. b+1,4 with new properties. Jails and homing, yay!

GrayFoxPL

Fuck, Kaz finally got a reversal?!

I need to see it now!

But what's with Lightning Screw then?

Edit:
Oh fuck Seiichi Ishii working on a new fighting game.

GrayFoxPL

Players made xiaoyu's skin tight pants in skin colour so she appeared nude like.

They removed the option to change colours of those pants in newest patch, haha.

Doomshine

Players made xiaoyu's skin tight pants in skin colour so she appeared nude like.

They removed the option to change colours of those pants in newest patch, haha.

If I remember right they removed grey as an option for Dragunov's uniform between T5DR and T6. I assume it was to avoid any Nazi connection, can't really think of any other reason.

GrayFoxPL

If I remember right they removed grey as an option for Dragunov's uniform between T5DR and T6. I assume it was to avoid any Nazi connection, can't really think of any other reason.

In Tag2 I still fought nazi Xiaoyu teamed up with nazi someone, uniforms, swastikas made with emblems, everything. Fucked up.

MikeMyers

Well the swastikas actually predates the Nazi regime. In Asia it's usually used to represent peace and good luck.

Though given the rest out of that outfit....yeah that's probably meant to represent a Nazi. :/

GrayFoxPL

Well the swastikas actually predates the Nazi regime. In Asia it's usually used to represent peace and good luck.

Though given the rest out of that outfit....yeah that's probably meant to represent a Nazi. :/

"probably" ?

Really you have doubts about skinhead holding a knife dressed black red with Hitler's swastika?

MikeMyers

Nah, I don't doubt that it's meant to be Nazi representation. I'm just saying that not all swatstika variation are meant to be associated with Hitler/Nazis, especially in Asian culture.

GrayFoxPL

Nah, I don't doubt that it's meant to be Nazi representation. I'm just saying that not all swatstika variation are meant to be associated with Hitler/Nazis, especially in Asian culture.

We know, but this kind of swastika in these colors and shape is nazi "trademark", there's no speculation.

"Probably" is also not a word for "I don't doubt".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom