• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mwhahahahaha Ahahahahaha!!!!!!
Mark-Hamill-in-Batman-The-Killing-Joke.jpg

Thoughts:

D+3 might be gone. New move looks like the new d+33. Either that or d/b+3 is gone. Both pretty big loses.

Fucking finally got rid of his shitty 1P outfit. The suit was always Lee's real costume. Anyone notice the Unicorn still there in the design on the coat? Nice touch.

That just frame jab punish is OD.

New animation for u/f+3+4 OR they changed f+3+4 back to Van Damme Kick

Power Crush and Screw properties on HMS+3

Blazing Kick hitting grounded is nice but does it still launch or is it now like Tekken 2

Change Ws+23 back to T6 style which is good and he now has a new extension in ws+24 Ws+23 which screws

If d+3 is really gone Lee players are going to be lost.

Nuszka

Wow!!! Love his design!!! Happy that he is in!!!
And... wow at young Kaz!!! Maybe a form of a tutorial. Not to sure about a Soul Caliber stage. Like that Hei tuxedo costume , wonder if its an alt or a customization option.

Pachimari

From the other thread:

Not only that but Wonkey's on the case for the new Tekken news

- Story Mode will have special costumes for some of the characters. Here's Heihachi's
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/765825439285714944

- Story Mode will retell the older history of Tekken as well

Young Kazuya vs Young Heihachi

http://www.anime-thunder.de/images/...2016/gamescom/GamesCom_Story03_1471338117.jpg

- Exorcist Claudio Serafino is integral to Tekken 7's story as he 'holds the key' to defeating the Devil Gene

- Story Mode has several hours of gameplay (including subplots that are unlocked as the game progresses). Not only Mishimas are playable in Story Mode but also stories of fighters outside the Mishima family, such as Claudio Serafino and his exorcist group.

New screenshots in gallery below

http://imgur.com/a/wUOi5

bkoJr4W.jpg

osaeA4j.jpg

ehlSM14.jpg

Village

That young kazuya is just awesome to me for whatever reason, I love it.

I want to go on an adventure with him

Though we know that just ends at the bottom of a cliff, though I suppouse there is an adventure afterwards... that eventually leads to revenge

cordy

Banned
Namco's spanking the fuck out of the competition. This is how you do it and this is exactly what I've been saying for a while with T7. I wanted a T7 with a "Flashback Mode" that you can play former Tekken history and now we're getting something similar within Story Mode, that's perfect. Also with story costumes too?

Everything I wished for T7 Namco is doing it but going above and beyond. This game will be a classic.

GrayFoxPL

Fuck yeah! Told ya Lee's gonna be in. T7 finally getting some real characters. We just need AK, Baek and Mig and we are home.

Lee looks awesome though that jacket is shit. Off with that.

Cool decision on Screw moves. 1 into acid rain T4 just frame is back but I don't believe for a second it causes crumple stun, knockback likely. Ws+2,3 back to T6 status, eek! Maybe screw is possible or at least safer.

Hope d+3 isn't gone.

Is young Kaz on yt somewhere?

It'd be a bummer if I'm kept as Console only. Thought there were several more characters still coming for Arcade Fated Retribution.

Although not like there's any damn cabinets anywhere near me. >_>

Pachimari

It'd be a bummer if I'm kept as Console only. Thought there were several more characters still coming for Arcade Fated Retribution.

Although not like there's any damn cabinets anywhere near me. >_>

I won't be surprised if he releases on arcade as well. Just that their gamescom announcement is console specific.

GrayFoxPL

Hoping he gets his old 80's style triad outfit from T2/TAG1 as custom. That be awesome, haha.

That jacket is really bad, that non symmetrical tacky design plastered all over makes me sick.

Young Kaz looks hella creepy.

Now I understand Heihachi's motives.

I'd wanna end that abomination too. Good timing with the Lee release.

He was always the better son.
Even if adopted.

Finally back from vacation, very ready to play some fighting and other games again ~.~

Wait, Lee announced? Excellent, i know a lot of people were hoping for him.

Village

Young Kaz looks hella creepy.

Now I understand Heihachi's motives.

I'd wanna end that abomination too. Good timing with the Lee release.

He was always the better son.
Even if adopted.

Kazuya looked like satan all his life, people just assumed he was evil. All he wanted to do is teach animals how to box. Speaking of which, look at his gloves.

Also kaz is better son, he turns into satan. lee just sits there being irrelevant whilst yelling a catch phrase. JIn also better than lee by being lincon park satan

GrayFoxPL

You guys so cold on poor Kazzy.

Wonder how you'll react when someone in the future says: "Damn dawg, your kid looks like a devil. Hellspawn as fuck. You got some Omen shit going on in your wife's family bro, I'm telling you!" ;)

Sayah

I'm running late for work but I watched this trailer like 10 times anyway. This looks sooooooo good. Makes me almost forget about my sourness with Bob.

Them new costumes

These new stages

Those details on the rose
lee2rhus2.gif

You can tell the work got put in. This is legitimately the best looking fighter we've ever had, and I really want to pick up Lee now. His combos just look extreeeemely appealing now.

Rajang

Oh man this is excellent!

lee2rhus2.gif

Who do you guys think are left for console release?

My guess: Julia, Kuma and Lei.

And I'm hoping for Eddy.
And jeez kid-Kaz has real anime eyes. Why are they so big?

kazuya_mishima_hd_by_yoshi_lee-d6gnbn3.png

To better express emotion. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: I hope they make chromatic aberration an option to turn off for console release. It really fucks with the image quality.

Sayah

My guess: Julia, Kuma and Lei.

And I'm hoping for Eddy.

Anna's gonna be there for sure. I have high doubts they would leave her out. An Anna reveal is probably what will make me forget about all my sourness and unwillingness to support this game due to its extremely long console transition and suddenly come flocking to the day 1 hype train.

sasuke_91

So happy with the Lee reveal :)

And jeez kid-Kaz has real anime eyes. Why are they so big?

My thoughts exactly.

TZ discord group says the next two characters have been supposedly leaked (or something like that, no idea). They say it's going to be
Julia Chang (not JayCee) and Lei Wulong
Take this with a grain of salt. I'll believe it when I see it.

Pachimari

I don't think we'll get anymore new characters. We already got a lot compared to past games. I'm betting on Lei Wulong, Julia Chang, Kuma and one more character bringing the roster to 36.

ZeroX03

Banned
So far everyone has been part of the rumored list that they'd denied. I suspect it'll end up close to that.

Lei, Julia/Jaycee and Kuma/Panda seem likely. Maybe Anna. Mokujin if you want to count him. I would be surprised if Miguel doesn't make it too, he's the most popular character (I don't want to argue what constitutes popular again lol) yet to make it in. Well, AK and Jun but I'm not expecting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom