• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say because looks the same. It's more exciting for me watching Tag2 or even old ass T6 and DR matches. Shitty oki doesn't help.

Idk how visually Oki not being what you want makes it more boring to watch.

I know you're not saying it looks the same I'm saying that could be a part of it. With Tag 2 and T6 you expect certain things already at this point.

So it seems King's f,d,df+1 is finally punishable. I saw hwoarang punish it 3 times in a row with ws+4,4 on kurokuro.

King's probably the worst character in Tekken 7 considering he was ass in Tag 2 got almost no buffs and more unnecessary nerfs. Ever since Mishimastar started doing the balancing King just keeps getting worse and worse.

AAK

I think it's far too early to tell anything.

King has the throw advantage now in a game where if you don't have unique command throws the likelihood of landing them is insanely diminished.

Getting AKing's d+3 I think is a huge buff since he'll finally have a decent low poke. AKing's f+2,1 is one of the game's best whiff punishers at the wall.

But who knows... he may indeed be the worst. He is the only grappler class character left in the game so far now that Jack, Marduk, Nina, Julia, and others are MIA. Namco could be thinking of making that character achetype obsolete but that's jumping way too deep into conclusions. I'll wait until I can legitimately play it and then worry.

Tekken Tag 2 is still an incredibly fun game for me to indulge in until whenever Namco decides we can play this game.

I think it's far too early to tell anything.

King has the throw advantage now in a game where if you don't have unique command throws the likelihood of landing them is insanely diminished.

Getting AKing's d+3 I think is a huge buff since he'll finally have a decent low poke. AKing's f+2,1 is one of the game's best whiff punishers at the wall.

But who knows... he may indeed be the worst. He is the only grappler class character left in the game so far now that Jack, Marduk, Nina, Julia, and others are MIA. Namco could be thinking of making that character achetype obsolete but that's jumping way too deep into conclusions. I'll wait until I can legitimately play it and then worry.

Tekken Tag 2 is still an incredibly fun game for me to indulge in until whenever Namco decides we can play this game.

Giving King f+21 took away his f+22 which was one of his only moves that tracked right. It's a nerf disguised as a buff as f+21 really doesn't add anything to his game that he doesn't already have.

The throw thing isn't really a buff IMO. It doesn't make him any stronger than he was it just makes other character's throw games weaker. It doesn't fix the holes in his game and it doesn't make his throws more rewarding.

When they nerfed the crap out of King in Tag 2 the silver lining was suppose to be the improved Oki from Shining Wizard. That's GONE in Tekken 7. Yet they didn't revert the damage of Shining Wizard back to pre-Tag 2. King is still doing shit damage but now with no good oki. In fact one King's Oki was one of the strongest parts of his game and it's been nerfed to hell in general in Tekken 7.

I break it down like this, In Tekken 7 King's...

-Oki is worse
-His tracking is worse and it was already abysmal.
-His damage is still weak
-His advantage on hit is still bad
-He is more punishable

What did he gain?
d+3
ffn2 actually have a guaranteed follow up on CH
f+21

Not really equivalent exchange for a character that needed significant buffs and received none. I don't think it's that hard to fix King either you just need to do 4 things.

1.) Return Shining Wizard to 30 damage
2.) Make b+1 track SSR
3.) Revert his frame data back to Tekken 6 so his attacks are more + on hit.
4.) Revert ffn1+2 back to DR hit box and speed

Tekken 6 King was perfectly balanced IMO. There was no reason to fuck with him but they did.

GrayFoxPL

Idk how visually Oki not being what you want makes it more boring to watch.

I know you're not saying it looks the same I'm saying that could be a part of it. With Tag 2 and T6 you expect certain things already at this point.

Because refloats gave sense of unpredictability. Because characters aren't glued to the ground the juggle physics can kick in in most interesting way. In Tag2 the characters are already stuck to the ground more then eg T6. But I'm sorry what should excite me in this aspect in T7? That someone gets a stomp or a sweep after knockdown? That opponent didn't guess mid or a low after tech? That's just basic shit. I have it already in T6 and TAG2 but on top of that I have more in them.

I think I anwsered your question why it's(oki) so much more boring to watch in T7 for me.

I don't want to go back to that argument if it's good or bad what they did in T7. You all know what I think about it.

Who knows maybe in 7days the game will change even more.

[...]

GrayFoxPL

[...] Sorry posting from PS3 makes for limited posts.

Right now most interesting thing to watch in T7 for me is finding new move properties\effects and new kind of stuns staggers like kaz df1,4 gives new stager, hwo's b+2 gives new stagger, most interesting is Bryan's ws+3,4 gives completly new float arc in juggles. I think they should invest more in things like this and even remake the physics a little. I would've preffer dramatic change in movesets too, 2-3 new moves is still little too little. Especially if they are really planning to drastically reduce the roster which I still don't belive for a second.

But that's beside the point.

Btw right before release I'm gonna ask you guys for predictions about what will be in this version. Should be fun. :D

[...] Sorry posting from PS3 makes for limited posts.

Right now most interesting thing to watch in T7 for me is finding new move properties\effects and new kind of stuns staggers like kaz df1,4 gives new stager, hwo's b+2 gives new stagger, most interesting is Bryan's ws+3,4 gives completly new float arc in juggles. I think they should invest more in things like this and even remake the physics a little. I would've preffer dramatic change in movesets too, 2-3 new moves is still little too little. Especially if they are really planning to drastically reduce the roster which I still don't belive for a second.

But that's beside the point.

Btw right before release I'm gonna ask you guys for predictions about what will be in this version. Should be fun. :D

Maybe somewhat silly, but I have a feeling Nina is going to lose some muscle mass like her other sister Sarah Bryant from Virtua Fighter. Hopefully not because I think she looks like a legitimate fighter/killer and the toned look suits her character imho.

I am hoping to see character specific customizations for each character. Some sharing is fine, but I think each character should be given customs to differentiate them from each other. Honestly, I don't think this will happen, but you never know.

Hopefully, we will see a timed released character or two. Probably an old classic I am assuming.

More stages? Maybe. That would be nice.

More music?

Slightly more balanced. Some minor modifications to certain moves and properties.

Some glitches will be presumably absent like Kazuya's pretty cool looking projectile kick and Lili's sliding ground teleportation.

I am honestly expecting graphics to stay the same. Maybe we will see some subtle changes here and there, but to me it look pretty much complete.

GrayFoxPL

Good games guys!

Sorry I didn't respond Sasuke, I had so crazy stomach issues today I won't even say what. But as we played it passed thankfully.

Sasuke I see you need to warm up until you go into full potential. I was winning then when you said to invite Doom you suddenly changed into killing machine and start beating us like bastard stepchildren.

I was like "What is happening now?!" Crazy. :D

I'm gonna give you some tips fighting Bruce.

First of all the best way to deal with muay thai stance is block high. Do not attack even if you blocked the string that he uses to go into MT stance, he has so big frame advantage he can crumple stun almost anything. He has only one low from this stance and that low is -2 on hit. Rest of his follow ups are highs and mids and all are minus on block. So what do you do? Patiently block high every mts follow up and right away start attacking Bruce, even if you get hit by that low you are plus so more power to you.

Second he has that 3,2~F it's that mid kick and he goes into long crouch dash where he can low kick you. It works like Jins f+4~F. So like you can counter Jin after blocked f+4F the same you can do with Bruce.

There's also this risky tactic against Bruce's Muay Thai stance.

Bruce goes into Mts by
1,2,4 - three highs
2,4 - two highs
df+4 - a mid
f+4,3,4 - mid, mid, high

The idea is to duck a lot and even mash crouch on hit because of 1,2,4 and 2,4 then launch Bruce with ws moves or at least stop him with crouch jab. You willingly accept to eat df+4 option and usage of f+4,3,4 is rare because it takes ages to go into mts.

It can work, it was done to me, but if you stumble on Bruce that instead abuses hopkicks, df+2, uf+3, or any of his crazy mids then this tactics is just simple and silly death.

So yeah, block mts followups high, eventually experiment with sidestepping. Don't push buttons.

More stages and characters and hopefully more character oriented customs.

Yeah at least! And good customs would be welcome.

Maybe somewhat silly, but I have a feeling Nina is going to lose some muscle mass like her other sister Sarah Bryant from Virtua Fighter. Hopefully not because I think she looks like a legitimate fighter/killer and the toned look suits her character imho.

I am hoping to see character specific customizations for each character. Some sharing is fine, but I think each character should be given customs to differentiate them from each other. Honestly, I don't think this will happen, but you never know.

Hopefully, we will see a timed released character or two. Probably an old classic I am assuming.

More stages? Maybe. That would be nice.

More music?

Slightly more balanced. Some minor modifications to certain moves and properties.

Some glitches will be presumably absent like Kazuya's pretty cool looking projectile kick and Lili's sliding ground teleportation.

I am honestly expecting graphics to stay the same. Maybe we will see some subtle changes here and there, but to me it look pretty much complete.

Agree, they should embrace Nina's grit. Yeah she doesn't look like DOA's girly girl but I think it's good, believable.

In terms of graphics the motion blur is still missing from T7.

My prediction is:

3 characters:
100% - Jin/DevilJin hybrid. Bonus for facial hair inclusion.
90% - Nina
70% - Yoshimitsu

2 new stages:

Ruined lab from which Jin escapes.

Manji Ninja forest/village.

Some worthless gambling bonus systems for fights :p.

sasuke_91

Good games guys!

Sorry I didn't respond Sasuke, I had so crazy stomach issues today I won't even say what. But as we played it passed thankfully.

Sasuke I see you need to warm up until you go into full potential. I was winning then when you said to invite Doom you suddenly changed into killing machine and start beating us like bastard stepchildren.

I was like "What is happening now?!" Crazy. :D

I'm gonna give you some tips fighting Bruce.

First of all the best way to deal with muay thai stance is block high. Do not attack even if you blocked the string that he uses to go into MT stance, he has so big frame advantage he can crumple stun almost anything. He has only one low from this stance and that low is -2 on hit. Rest of his follow ups are highs and mids and all are minus on block. So what do you do? Patiently block high every mts follow up and right away start attacking Bruce, even if you get hit by that low you are plus so more power to you.

Second he has that 3,2~F it's that mid kick and he goes into long crouch dash where he can low kick you. It works like Jins f+4~F. So like you can counter Jin after blocked f+4F the same you can do with Bruce.

There's also this risky tactic against Bruce's Muay Thai stance.

Bruce goes into Mts by
1,2,4 - three highs
2,4 - two highs
df+4 - a mid
f+4,3,4 - mid, mid, high

The idea is to duck a lot and even mash crouch on hit because of 1,2,4 and 2,4 then launch Bruce with ws moves or at least stop him with crouch jab. You willingly accept to eat df+4 option and usage of f+4,3,4 is rare because it takes ages to go into mts.

It can work, it was done to me, but if you stumble on Bruce that instead abuses hopkicks, df+2, uf+3, or any of his crazy mids then this tactics is just simple and silly death.

So yeah, block mts followups high, eventually experiment with sidestepping. Don't push buttons.
Thanks for the advice. I know that after 3,2~F both his low and his launcher can be sidewalked left. Other than that I have no idea about him. Didn't even know about the plus frames.
Bruce gets most of his damage out of CH launchers, but he has so many of them :/

I always try to go Berserk-mode at the end of a session. Full concentration and minimize mistakes. I can't do this for too long though :D

Yoo my tournament (actually I don't even see it as a tournament, more like an Offline session with a few FT2s at the end :p) is on Saturday. Wish me good luck^^

Manbig

Knee played 2 player T7 today.

They somehow synced 2 arcade machines.

Good gameplay.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee/v/3891475

Your choice of wording makes it sound like people have been having issues with the syncing. Did I miss something?

Thanks for the advice. I know that after 3,2~F both his low and his launcher can be sidewalked left. Other than that I have no idea about him. Didn't even know about the plus frames.
Bruce gets most of his damage out of CH launchers, but he has so many of them :/

I always try to go Berserk-mode at the end of a session. Full concentration and minimize mistakes. I can't do this for too long though :D

Yoo my tournament (actually I don't even see it as a tournament, more like an Offline session with a few FT2s at the end :p) is on Saturday. Wish me good luck^^

Interesting thing about that MTS stance is even on block, you cannot interrupt that CH juggle starting high punch out of his MTS transitions, but Dragunov specifically can use his backswing blow. I tried to do the same with Bob's, and it didn't let me. I'm assuming what that means is that Dragunov's crush/dodge frames activate earlier for his backswing blow. You should hit up the training mode and see if your character has any unique stuff versus that high punch out of MTS. Make sure to test both when the transition hits you, and when you block it. If you do have a unique option like that backswing blow, I would put money on the Bruce player not expecting it. Of course be careful with it too, because he does have that bound elbow that also starts juggles on CH, but Bruce players will typically test the waters with that high first.

Dereck

Knee played 2 player T7 today.

They somehow synced 2 arcade machines.

Good gameplay.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee/v/3891475
This is dope as fuck, thank you

This combo looks odd, it might be the hop in the middle

FEiq06g.gif

GrayFoxPL

MTS is +10 on block and +20 on hit. I mix between 2 and f+1 both options crumple stun on ch if someone decides to push buttons.

Good luck with the tourney, you gonna do good but most important - have fun! :)

Remember the soft release is online only. Knee managed the hook up the soft release to be played against a local opponent.

Yeah and they used some trick to get it working. It's like second player couldn't pick character because he could move cpu character at no bar screen then it switched to new fight. They say character's names before fights and I think the third guy somehow picked remotely for him. Something like that, it was weird. Lol.

GrayFoxPL

I have a problem with Kazuya's jacket and Law's sash looking like they are made out of rubber.

It's true.

Kazuya's coat flutters too much like it was made from thin layer of rubber. I think early versions had better, "heavier" physics implemented on coat :/.

In the rain every costume gets crazy shiny. Like not every material supposed to do that but whatever.

Shaheen players really like spamming that 41. I wonder if it jails or not.

Edit:
Seriously does anyone want to play? I feel like a broken record asking this. Roxen where are you!?!

Double Edit:
Has TTT2:OT turned into the Tekken version of FGW. Come on guys let's play. Someone PM me and let's set up a time.

Sayah

Edit:
Seriously does anyone want to play? I feel like a broken record asking this. Roxen where are you!?!

Double Edit:
Has TTT2:OT turned into the Tekken version of FGW. Come on guys let's play. Someone PM me and let's set up a time.

I can play probably next week maybe. Got too much on my plate right now.

CSX

In HK and found an arcade with a Tag 2 UL machine and a replay monitor! Asked the operator if he knew if they will get Tekken 7 and he said he doesn't know :(

3Hqiy02.gif

Lili's new spin move that have a resemblance with Asuka's spin but she bitch slap you instead. and if it has the same features as Asuka's then that second spin slap should be plus on block.

jfqMKeX.gif

Lili now can get into her qcf stance from b1.

krETOis.gif

Bonus gif of trading hits leading into floor break. nothing new but I made it cause why the hell not.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Edit:

Double Edit:

Shaheen 41, according to TZ,
11 or 12 frames, high high, counter hit launcher.

I havent seen anyone ducking it yet.

sasuke_91

Interesting thing about that MTS stance is even on block, you cannot interrupt that CH juggle starting high punch out of his MTS transitions, but Dragunov specifically can use his backswing blow. I tried to do the same with Bob's, and it didn't let me. I'm assuming what that means is that Dragunov's crush/dodge frames activate earlier for his backswing blow. You should hit up the training mode and see if your character has any unique stuff versus that high punch out of MTS. Make sure to test both when the transition hits you, and when you block it. If you do have a unique option like that backswing blow, I would put money on the Bruce player not expecting it. Of course be careful with it too, because he does have that bound elbow that also starts juggles on CH, but Bruce players will typically test the waters with that high first.

Wow thanks. I have to go into p-mode and experiment a little. Maybe Jin's b1 or Xiao's AOP/Leo's BOK stance are able to avoid it.

MTS is +10 on block and +20 on hit. I mix between 2 and f+1 both options crumple stun on ch if someone decides to push buttons.

Good luck with the tourney, you gonna do good but most important - have fun! :)

That's pretty extreme. How is one person supposed to remember all that stuff for every character... o.o

And thanks man. I'm pretty hyped :D

It's okay, she's just a joke character. Just like Gon and Dr. B. Who could forget the official Dr. B Cosplayer?

Yeah that Dr. B fanservice really annoyed me :p

That second trailer where she acts all serious made me cringe.

Shaheen 41, according to TZ,
11 or 12 frames, high high, counter hit launcher.

I havent seen anyone ducking it yet.
It might be jailing then.

Oh and by the way... I added you the day you came here but we haven't even played once. I wonder why^^

Spuck-uk

Banned
Wow thanks. I have to go into p-mode and experiment a little. Maybe Jin's b1 or Xiao's AOP/Leo's BOK stance are able to avoid it.

That's pretty extreme. How is one person supposed to remember all that stuff for every character... o.o

And thanks man. I'm pretty hyped :D

Yeah that Dr. B fanservice really annoyed me :p

That second trailer where she acts all serious made me cringe.

It might be jailing then.

Oh and by the way... I added you the day you came here but we haven't even played once. I wonder why^^

Ah, I've barely had a chance! I think I've played TTT2 online..twice in the last two months?

I should sort that out

AAK

In HK and found an arcade with a Tag 2 UL machine and a replay monitor! Asked the operator if he knew if they will get Tekken 7 and he said he doesn't know :(

Hopefully something positive happens :( But if the operator doesn't know then it probably isn't a good sign. They usually have to order them far in advance.

Did you try out the TTT2 cab at all? Were there people playing or was it empty?

Edit:

Double Edit:

Add me: AAK0924

This week has been a little busy but I'll post up when I can play.

CSX

Hopefully something positive happens :( But if the operator doesn't know then it probably isn't a good sign. They usually have to order them far in advance.

Did you try out the TTT2 cab at all? Were there people playing or was it empty?

Empty cuz I visited during the afternoon Lol. I played a bit to get some stick practice and holy shit it is amazing. It help me realized how garbage my stick I used to practice at home was Lol.

People were watching me and went "nope" :p
The replay monitor showed players that know their shit though.

AAK

^^^
I've come to accept that Namco doesn't care about catering Tekken to those of us that enjoyed Tekken's previous design and because of that I shouldn't really care either.

I do not like what they've done with the music in Tekken 7. In case you guys didn't realize every stage has 2 tracks. One that plays at the start and second that play when it's someone's match round. The thing that's so dumb is they are pretty much two different tracks and the quality obviously...varies. Like the jungle stage's first song is dope, the best track in Tekken 7 but then it becomes match point and you get this trash that starts playing. It's really annoying. Not only that, the music loops a really short because of this. Before a full stage track in Tekken was a full song length, these are like 1 minute long loops and again of varying quality.

I really do not like this change. Who was complaining about the way Tekken did their music? It was fine but now it's just not good. This will easily be the worst Tekken sound track at this rate.

Manbig

I do not like what they've done with the music in Tekken 7. In case you guys didn't realize every stage has 2 tracks. One that plays at the start and second that play when it's someone's match round. The thing that's so dumb is they are pretty much two different tracks and the quality obviously...varies. Like the jungle stage's first song is dope, the best track in Tekken 7 but then it becomes match point and you get this trash that starts playing. It's really annoying. Not only that, the music loops a really short because of this. Before a full stage track in Tekken was a full song length, these are like 1 minute long loops and again of varying quality.

I really do not like this change. Who was complaining about the way Tekken did their music? It was fine but now it's just not good. This will easily be the worst Tekken sound track at this rate.

I'm with you on that one. Very much an unnecessary change. We can only hope for Tekken Tunes to return.

AAK

I don't particularly care if they have multiple tracks or not, As long as the song is good I'm good with it. Honestly, I'm more annoyed with how much is recycled fro the previous game to even consider the music.

But man, that final round music of the apocalypse stage has vocals. I really can't stand that.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

It's a good thing we've got Tekken Tunes, but yeah, I'm not hearing anything on the level of 6, 5, or Tag 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom