• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Guys, just play with Katarina

PR6b6g3.gif

Tekken should not compete in this area.
DOA is in there holding it tight.
tumblr_n6o4kymFXb1r3fop8o2_r1_500_zpsc229d550.gif

Dereck

I don't like to have behind the back DOA talk in this thread, but you brought it up.

Tekken now has two characters that are, out there, Katarina and Christie. Once again the female roster in Tekken is pretty respectable.
aqDwC.png

All female DOA characters have some questionable costumes. Have you seen Last Round's costumes?

5k8L9OG.png

Tekken is alowed to have a little cleavage, that's like PG compared to anything DOA5 has.

Numb

I don't like to have behind the back DOA talk in this thread, but you brought it up.

Tekken now has two characters that are, out there, Katarina and Christie. Once again the female roster in Tekken is pretty respectable.
aqDwC.png

All female DOA characters have some questionable costumes. Have you seen Last Round's costumes?

5k8L9OG.png

Tekken is aloud to have a little cleavage, that's like PG compared to anything DOA5 has.

You kinda went overboard when tournament organizers make a list of banned costumes.
Dial it back alittle maybe guys.

Manbig

You kinda went overboard when tournament organizers make a list of banned costumes.
Dial it back alittle maybe guys.

Are you talking about Tekken here? If you are, wasn't that only because people would pick certain costumes to make it more difficult to see certain attacks and throw breaks?

I have Lili and maybe Asuka to main, but where is the hot lady with the appealing character design? Tekken's always had that. Katarina is awful, and even if Nina comes back, she's way too generic at this point.

GrayFoxPL

You just made me a happy man lol

Myself too. Part of Baek still lives.

Also, seems like Hwoarang has 3 power crushes, Knee abused them a lot. LFS b+3 and RFS b+4 PC seem also to still crush lows that supposed to stop power crushes. It's like hwoarang goes through everything if you try to hit him out from flamingo. Kinda OP.

Attracting a certain audience. Namco's marketing team is garbage really though. Remember Snoop?

True, they have no idea what are they doing. Seems to please Harada though.

Myself too. Part of Baek still lives.

Also, seems like Hwoarang has 3 power crushes, Knee abused them a lot. LFS b+3 and RFS b+4 PC seem also to still crush lows that supposed to stop power crushes. It's like hwoarang goes through everything if you try to hit him out from flamingo. Kinda OP.

True, they have no idea what are they doing. Seems to please Harada though.

Well Hwoarang has nerfs to his mixup capability for Baek stuff and more damage it looks like. Could be OP could not.

Yeah Idk if Harada does marketing though.

AAK

It definitely seems strong, but not overpowered at all. it's such a slow move that you can d.f+1 it and go back to block and then punish, also it comes from a stance which he can't block so he's already taking a risk.

And that is before considering whether or not the move has the same properties as TTT2.

In other news.... is Nin moving to Tokyo?

https://twitter.com/GreenTekkenNIn/status/577498696209690625

(based on google translation...)

I have Lili and maybe Asuka to main, but where is the hot lady with the appealing character design? Tekken's always had that. Katarina is awful, and even if Nina comes back, she's way too generic at this point.

Gotta wait for Anna & Julia. I hate how Japan's love for young girls infects all of their female character designs. Pretty sure every girl in Tekken 7 right now is under 20.

AAK

Jack was not in Tekken 4.

But no one knows who's going to be in time release. Anyone is fair game to be removed. I guess Nina is the only one who was mentioned to be getting an update and Jin was heavily hinted at by Harada on twitter.

Other than that, anyone is capable of getting the cut. Julia's TTT2 neutral stance was given to LC as well, that could be a hint of seeing her missing in T7 unless they give her something new or Michelle's stance.

GrayFoxPL

Well Hwoarang has nerfs to his mixup capability for Baek stuff and more damage it looks like. Could be OP could not.

Yeah Idk if Harada does marketing though.

He doesn't but as project director I'm willing to believe he approves. Lucky Chloe anything and everything.

Re Hwoarang:
Not saying this is broken yet though it kinda looks unfair to other characters who got shitty power crushes. Why not everyone got super damaging power crush launcher and additional 2 low crushing power crushes. In comparison Paul gets slow as shit high hitting pc that you can jab then duck or switch to low. Worthless.

I mean most characters PC's are just shit moves so it's kind of hard to ignore hwoarang's being godly in comparison. Not like he lacks damage now.

Awesome for Hwo, he's a great character but sucks for everyone else, haha. :]

Some Hwo FLA sidestep from earlier.

znysak.gif

xlceae.gif

Btw does anyone knows the notation for his new front push kick? I noticed he has his old ff+4 moves from both stances so I have no idea.

AAK

Btw does anyone knows the notation for his new front push kick? I noticed he has his old ff+4 moves from both stances so I have no idea.

Is it the kick here after backlash?

giphy.gif

That's b+4

(BTW that combo is no longer possible now in the T7 version Knee was playing during the recent twitch streams)

Jack was not in Tekken 4.

But no one knows who's going to be in time release. Anyone is fair game to be removed. I guess Nina is the only one who was mentioned to be getting an update and Jin was heavily hinted at by Harada on twitter.

Other than that, anyone is capable of getting the cut. Julia's TTT2 neutral stance was given to LC as well, that could be a hint of seeing her missing in T7 unless they give her something new or Michelle's stance.

Who said anything about JC? Why wouldn't Julia have the exact same neutral animation she has had in every game?

And to be honest it's really stupid to believe everyone is fair game to get cut. That's obviously not true. Fan favorites & series main stays will return. Do you really thing the time release roster is going to be like Wang, Baek, Dr B, Ogre, Angel, Zafina, Raven or some crap like that? No way.

AAK

Go ahead and call me stupid. Anyone is capable of being cut, it's Namco's game and they can do whatever they want with it.

And JC is Julia BTW.

Numb

Are you talking about Tekken here? If you are, wasn't that only because people would pick certain costumes to make it more difficult to see certain attacks and throw breaks?
I agree that items in Tekken should be removed in tournament but no im talking about DOA
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...over-sexualised-costumes-sparks-heated-debate
https://youtu.be/F40zduwd2Jc

Pretty sure Namco wants me to suffer at this point. They couldn't have made a commercial that pushes my buttons more.
I thought i was the only one seeing her everywhere and starting to get annoyed.
Even this ad at the bandai channel seem like they are wearing her outfit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bssOAD2M3ag

Namco, hire me on for marketing for Tekken and I swear you will see an increase in sales. Namco's marketing for Tekken has been ass since Tekken 6. They really need a change in that department. It could go such a long way to help the franchise gain back popularity.

These commercials may be dumb but they are great marketing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chISQ7RABs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNdO1GWJlnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grB9BKtiUsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWginQgNgHo

Compare these to the Tekken 6 and Tag 2 commercials. Need I say more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ88tnaQUQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0P6z5POnDk

Wow did anyone notice that Paul's b+12 is now a homing move? That makes it the fastest homing move in the history of Tekken at i12 frames. That's a huge buff.

Been a while since I've been in here. I partially blame selling off my PS3 to upgrade to PS4.

I do miss TTT2 but honestly looking forward to 7 quite a bit. Some good ol' 1v1 is more my pace.

AAK

Wow, I had no idea they did that. As bad as Snoop Dogg.

But yeah, I agree the marketing of Tekken now is horrid, but that really doesn't even need to be a factor. Usually, a game can just let the content & aesthetic of the game itself do the marketing. People can just look at a game usually and get hype. Tekken 7 just doesn't have that the same way something like GGXrd/SFV have and what Tekken USED to have 5+ years ago.

Numb

Lol she couldn't play with those idiotic paws so she took them off unconsciously showing Harada how dumb this design is. Fucking jacket-paws on stripper outfit. Smh.

There should be a disclaimer whenever Lucky chloe is about to jump at you or come from below the screen screaming if im ready.

Wow, I had no idea they did that. As bad as Snoop Dogg.

But yeah, I agree the marketing of Tekken now is horrid, but that really doesn't even need to be a factor. Usually, a game can just let the content & aesthetic of the game itself do the marketing. People can just look at a game usually and get hype. Tekken 7 just doesn't have that the same way something like GGXrd/SFV have and what Tekken USED to have 5+ years ago.

Xrd sold like shit and was received poorly in the Japan. Tekken shouldn't copy anything Xrd did. I disagree with AAK on the marketing doesn't need to be a factor. It does and always has been. Just look at how Capcom does the marketing for SFV. Every character reveal is an event. We know Bison is next, big deal, he is going to have the same moveset he's had for 25 years but the trailer and marketing is going to make it feel important, cool, and new despite it being the same. That's marketing.

If Namco was smart, they would do the same kind of event like reveals for the time release characters. They would do a sick trailer showing off a returning character or a new one, all this cool shit, new moves, explosions, except instead of "Wait 12 months and it will be the in the game" it would be BOOM character is out tomorrow!

Namco could do so much but then they dress some girl up as Lucky Chloe....and Catarina...and we all groan because no one gives a fucking shit.

Also as everyone has said a million times but someone in marketing should have told Harada, the characters NEED new costumes. I don't care what he thinks about trying to make looks iconic(that's why you have 2 sets of outfits) the reason people don't see the visual jump in Tekken is cause the characters aren't changing in appearance. He needs to understand the new costumes is part of marketing. It's just like when a car company releases a late model version of a car looks exactly the same as the old car but it actually has a different engine and suspension set up under the hood. No one can fucking tell by looking at it. The casual car buyer is gonna think the car is exactly the same, only the hardcore will know the difference. That's why car companies make newer models of cars despite the fact that they might not be superior to the previous generation, it LOOKS different so now it's "New".

Numb

Wow got so much hatemail today.
Never got more than one message before.
I wish i had the energy to write hatemail so i could that energy on something else. Thats less stupid

CSX

Operation find arcade in HK that has ordered a T7 has failed. Hong Kong still is and always will be a King of Fighters nation :p

Namco, hire me on for marketing for Tekken and I swear you will see an increase in sales. Namco's marketing for Tekken has been ass since Tekken 6. They really need a change in that department. It could go such a long way to help the franchise gain back popularity.

These commercials may be dumb but they are great marketing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chISQ7RABs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNdO1GWJlnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grB9BKtiUsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWginQgNgHo

Compare these to the Tekken 6 and Tag 2 commercials. Need I say more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ88tnaQUQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0P6z5POnDk

Maybe I am weird, but I think like the more recent commercials better. Of course I do not ever remember that TTT2 commercials airing on actual television. Unfotunately, video game marketing in general is CRAP now throughout the entire video game industry, so we cannot beat up Namco alone on this imo.

Pragmatically speaking, unless Anna returns in her "true" form(not watered down), I do not think Tekken 7 will have a another sexy, hot lady unless people want to count Katarina who imo is the lucky lady that is filling in that role. Seems like perturbingly young, kawaii girls are unfortunately more in demand than the more mature, older females. Don;t get me wrong, I like them, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more sexy, mature women in Tekken and not always young cuties. I think Julia/JC has a better chance of returning than Anna, but I have a feeling that she is not going to look the same and I mean that in a negative way. I think they will try to "cutify" her a little much like Xiayou who despite how young she has always been and looked, ended up looking even younger in Tekken 7 and even lost her muscle tone.

I am thinking they are going to go with more of the staple characters(Yoshimitsu, Lee, Nina, Jack, etc) with the time release, but you never know.

CSX

Found the arcade in Hong Kong with mulpitle Tag 2 machines. Player there said he didn't know if the place was getting T7 and to ask this 70 year old dude working on the counter Lol.

Played one match against a solo lei. He was so beatable and yet i lost so bad cuz I can't move on a goddam joystick T_T

sasuke_91

Sorry GrayFoxPL. I should stop playing Ranking before a session. I lost my promotion chance to a Bob/Lars player (I love that team so much :/ ) and lost another one to a solo Paul player. I was already so full of hate for that motherfucker that I didn't even bother blocking/ducking most of the time. Next time will be better, I promise.

Man, those Lucky Chloe centered T7 trailers annoy me. Those old commercials were so hilarious, the recent ones are pure fanservice.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Man, those Lucky Chloe centered T7 trailers annoy me. Those old commercials were so hilarious, the recent ones are pure fanservice.

I've gone from hating her to at least wanting to sub her as a character. Maybe she'll have some not-awful customisations.

What on earth is wrong with me.

Degen

I've gone from hating her to at least wanting to sub her as a character. Maybe she'll have some not-awful customisations.

What on earth is wrong with me.
Don't get me wrong: she looks stupid as all hell

BUT

she's the epitome of a troll character

Dumb voice + dumb appearance + capo moves + dance moves = a machine built from the ground up to bring salt

what more can one ask for

GrayFoxPL

Sorry GrayFoxPL. I should stop playing Ranking before a session. I lost my promotion chance to a Bob/Lars player (I love that team so much :/ ) and lost another one to a solo Paul player. I was already so full of hate for that motherfucker that I didn't even bother blocking/ducking most of the time. Next time will be better, I promise.

I could say the same to Doomshine I played after you. Started up well but later I felt constipated and out of it and I lost 7:0, lol. I'm free. Yeah, we shouldn't play without preparation or Tekken Zen State of Mind, haha.

I still didn't win back from the demotions my Paul suffered.

Anyway good games guys, hope I play you soon again.

I play Sherlock Holmes from PS+ in between. Very fun btw.

Don't get me wrong: she looks stupid as all hell

BUT

she's the epitome of a troll character

Dumb voice + dumb appearance + capo moves + dance moves = a machine built from the ground up to bring salt

what more can one ask for

You can say that again about dumb voice. Worst is her death scream. I can't bear it! ><

It's like even if you win...You lose. ><

I wish more people would realize that popularity of this character may determinate future character designs. I know ppl want to troll with her but do you want Tekken filled with trololol characters?

AAK

I don't mean to depreciate the effect of marketing so sorry if I gave that vibe. What I mean is Tekken shouldn't have to depend on it with the way the game is now.

To clarify: while growing up in the middle east, there was no such thing as videogame marketing BUT the word TEKKEN resounded all over to anyone that had a Playstation back then. And it was done so because of the content and presentation of the game itself. Tekken could travel just by word of mouth by the people looking and noticing it. It was IMO the most powerful type of marketing in which the game itself did the talking. I simply wish Tekken 7 could have done the same by wowing us with its content rather just being Tekken Revolution 1.7.

But yeah back on topic, I really am not looking forward to LC. I'll definitely play Tekken 7 when it comes out but if she does begin to bother me too much I probably will just stop playing.

Sayah

Those Lucky Chloe commercials are cringe worthy. Ugh.

It's true. Namco's marketing has been atrocious since Tekken 6. I didn't think things could get worse after they hired Snoop Dogg but marketing for this franchise is definitely going even further downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom