• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

From Wonky's twitter.

B_3KcQnW8AAXpmN.jpg:large

Damn.

Mainman cries.

I didn't even realize quite few Poles are in this. I don't have any connection with Polish Tekken scene but I hope homeboys will do well.

I know from youtube one is mishima player, one Steve+JC, one Lars+Steve and one even played Yoshi so we'll see.

Yep.

I do not like what they've done with the music in Tekken 7. In case you guys didn't realize every stage has 2 tracks. One that plays at the start and second that play when it's someone's match round. The thing that's so dumb is they are pretty much two different tracks and the quality obviously...varies. Like the jungle stage's first song is dope, the best track in Tekken 7 but then it becomes match point and you get this trash that starts playing. It's really annoying. Not only that, the music loops a really short because of this. Before a full stage track in Tekken was a full song length, these are like 1 minute long loops and again of varying quality.

I really do not like this change. Who was complaining about the way Tekken did their music? It was fine but now it's just not good. This will easily be the worst Tekken sound track at this rate.

Seriously, that and the intro theme seem to be the only noteworthy tracks.

sasuke_91

A few Germans will be there too. Sephiblack is probably the best German player. Desariel and Lucino are also very strong. Oh and that guy in group 8, Ice_Beam... he's going to be there tommorow o_O

Lol at MainMan being in the same group as JDCR^^

GrayFoxPL

Yeah but I'm gonna facepalm if KOR, JDCR and Help Me will win it all.

Resistance is futile.

Edit:

This Ice_Beam guy is kinda good.

xxksym.gif

iZ0LWWUSqI2Xw.gif

sasuke_91

What's wrong with Online mode? It wants to connect to Tekken Federation everytime, opening player cards is not possible. Does Bamco want to bring back WTF?^^

GrayFoxPL

What's wrong with Online mode? It wants to connect to Tekken Federation everytime, opening player cards is not possible. Does Bamco want to bring back WTF?^^

It wants to connect to wtf if you have correct online settings I noticed. If not this is gone.
Also I didn't get the upload bug thanks to that for ages.

AAK

I didn't even realize quite few Poles are in this. I don't have any connection with Polish Tekken scene but I hope homeboys will do well.

I know from youtube one is mishima player, one Steve+JC, one Lars+Steve and one even played Yoshi so we'll see.

A few Germans will be there too. Sephiblack is probably the best German player. Desariel and Lucino are also very strong. Oh and that guy in group 8, Ice_Beam... he's going to be there tommorow o_O

I love this aspect of LD2, so many unrepresented countries! BTW Sasuke did you watch the group announcement?

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/3/11/ttt2-lionz-den-2-pool-allocations-announced.html

Hassan mentions that IceBeam is confident in beating Asim. Lots of storylines as well in those brackets. It's a good watch. I can't wait to check out this tournament.

I'm honestly curious, what is it about Alisa, Lili, Asuka that makes them more obnoxious to LC?

Tekken Tag Tournament 2....

Anyone got that gif of 100% Kazuya Bruce Combo?

That was 3 correct reads into death. It's been in all the Tekken games after T5:

krtrdd.gif

mixjgv.gif

sasuke_91

It wants to connect to wtf if you have correct online settings I noticed. If not this is gone.
Also I didn't get the upload bug thanks to that for ages.

I didn't get the upload bug since the latest PS3 update arrived.

I love this aspect of LD2, so many unrepresented countries! BTW Sasuke did you watch the group announcement?

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/3/11/ttt2-lionz-den-2-pool-allocations-announced.html

Hassan mentions that IceBeam is confident in beating Asim. Lots of storylines as well in those brackets. It's a good watch. I can't wait to check out this tournament.

Can't watch it unfortunately since I'm on mobile right now :/

Ice_Beam (aka Ice_Lili) is very good, but I'm not sure if he can beat Asim. Maybe I'll ask him about it tommorow (or more like... later. It's 2:30 AM right now :p).
I don't know how well Germans do in the international competitive scene. Haven't seen one in the big tournaments yet.

From Wonky's twitter.

B_3KcQnW8AAXpmN.jpg:large

Damn.

Mainman cries.

Any chance that's Kazu Yoshi Girl from TZ? I know she's a Yoshi player from PL. I kicked Yoshi strats around with her back in the TTT1 days.

I always found Alisa's design to be horribly obnoxious, harajuku girl with gogo boots and pink hair? It's gross, and honestly just as bad as Chloe. Namco's done so well forcing it down everyone's throats that everyone's gotten used to it.

Hence now, they will start forcing Chloe down everyone's throats too.

I have no problem with Lili and Asuka designs (I love playing them, you know that) I just really dislike their "relationship" driven entirely by borderline lesbian fanservice. It's insulting to me.

CSX

I have no problem with Lili and Asuka designs (I love playing them, you know that) I just really dislike their "relationship" driven entirely by borderline lesbian fanservice. It's insulting to me.
Since lili now has some of Asuka's moves, its safe to guess that the story of T7 has their relationship no longer borderline :p

Roxen it's too bad you never got to play Anna when she was top tier.

It's not about the damage or the amount of reads, it's about the quality of read and the life deficits. It's one thing to get hit by 2 launchers(second of which were launch punishable on block) in a row and lose, it's another to get hit by a small kd low and then a Ch low and lose when you have been dominating the match for 40+ seconds. Also it's not to say that DR wasn't full of bullshit cause it completely was. Characters like Heihachi, Anna, King, Kazyua, Devil Jin, Bryan. There is just MORE bullshit in Tag 2.

Any chance that's Kazu Yoshi Girl from TZ? I know she's a Yoshi player from PL. I kicked Yoshi strats around with her back in the TTT1 days.

It would most likely be Yoshigirl. She was Devil's girlfriend for a long time. I dunno if they are still together. Probably the best female Tekken player ever.

GrayFoxPL

Yoshi-Jinpachi I think.

It would most likely be Yoshigirl. She was Devil's girlfriend for a long time. I dunno if they are still together. Probably the best female Tekken player ever.

Interesting, gotta look her up.

Damn, Sasuke is on tournament and I'm getting stressed like I'm there with him. Hope he's fine.

sasuke_91

Damn, Sasuke is on tournament and I'm getting stressed like I'm there with him. Hope he's fine.
We're still doing some casual matches :)

I talked to a KoF player from Czech republik. MexicanChamp93 or something like that. Very cool guy. Maybe someone knows him? Oh, and he doesn't like Tag 2 :p

sasuke_91

Aaand I lost my first match to Ice_Beam. I didn't even stand a slight chance. I got his permission to upload the match since there's no stream unfortunately.

sasuke_91

Well Ice_Beam sent me to Losers Brackets. The brackets were a little weird since we didn't have so many players (10 or 11). I only had 2 matches after that. I won the first one against a really good Jin/Lee player and lost the second one against a Heihachi/Miguel player. I'm out now. 5th rank.
AriZzz had a lot more matches and is probably ranked lower than me :p

But damn, Offline Tekken feels so good. I don't know if I can go back to Online after this :p

GrayFoxPL

Well Ice_Beam sent me to Losers Brackets. The brackets were a little weird since we didn't have so many players (10 or 11). I only had 2 matches after that. I won the first one against a really good Jin/Lee player and lost the second one against a Heihachi/Miguel player. I'm out now. 5th rank.
AriZzz had a lot more matches and is probably ranked lower than me :p

But damn, Offline Tekken feels so good. I don't know if I can go back to Online after this :p

Not bad for the first one, right? And you got your experience. Now you can do more. :)

sasuke_91

Not bad for the first one, right? And you got your experience. Now you can do more. :)
It was amazing. Online is nothing compared to that.
The one who organized this little tournament wants to revive the local Tekken scene. I'm all in for that.

I'll upload my match with Ice_Beam tommorow. The other matches will be uploaded by the owner of the PS3 we played some matches on. He has an Elgato.

AZUMIKE

It was amazing. Online is nothing compared to that.
The one who organized this little tournament wants to revive the local Tekken scene. I'm all in for that.

I'll upload my match with Ice_Beam tommorow. The other matches will be uploaded by the owner of the PS3 we played some matches on. He has an Elgato.

Congrats on the tourney man, way to make it out there! Offline Tekken ftw.

AAK

My man Tekken 7 is pretty much already out, it's not really pessimism anymore. I'm just facing the reality.

And congrats on getting the thread done, look forward to some nice activity there. :)

sasuke_91

Just heads up. Harada just tweeted no new characters on launch day

Lol? What a joke. I want to see Jin!

Congrats on the tourney man, way to make it out there! Offline Tekken ftw.

Thanks man.

Here is the video I talked about:

Hessen Crash #9 TTT2 Ice_Beam vs Sasuke

I was already nervous, but having to play him first made me even more nervous :p
I asked him about the thing with Asim. He didn't like his cockiness, so he wants to beat him in the tournament. I'm kind of excited to see that match.

Dereck

My Extreme Cap U3 just decided to stop working guys, and, my HDCP splitter is also botched, both at the same time.

I have more than enough money to buy something else, and I want to, but I either want to figure out what's going on (I've given up already), or just wait for something better to come out. I could buy the new Elgato but I have a feeling something might come out this year.

My Extreme Cap U3 just decided to stop working guys, and, my HDCP splitter is also botched, both at the same time.

I have more than enough money to buy something else, and I want to, but I either want to figure out what's going on (I've given up already), or just wait for something better to come out. I could buy the new Elgato but I have a feeling something might come out this year.

What's better than the 1080p60 the current Elgato offers?

GrayFoxPL

Just heads up. Harada just tweeted no new characters on launch day

"Not on Wednesday"- So when, Friday? Wednesday year from now?

ibwwmFeq1g4IYX.gif

Pissing me off. Edit: That's for Harada of course.

Thanks man.

I was already nervous, but having to play him first made me even more nervous :p
I asked him about the thing with Asim. He didn't like his cockiness, so he wants to beat him in the tournament. I'm kind of excited to see that match.

Damn, you were nervous as hell, not that I blame you, I'd have a heart attack on tournament. In the second match it clearly started turning around, good damage and you even landed your stample death combo. If there was third match you could have taken it. You gotta get that Asuka experience, that f+2 is -20.

Thanks man.

It takes a lot of guts to put your videos online for people to critique. That being said....that was one ugly match & both players have a lot of work to do.

sasuke_91

Damn, you were nervous as hell, not that I blame you, I'd have a heart attack on tournament. In the second match it clearly started turning around, good damage and you even landed your stample death combo. If there was third match you could have taken it. You gotta get that Asuka experience, that f+2 is -20.

That b3,2 in the first match was supposed to be a b2 only :p
It would have whiffed anyway. If Hwoarang was in I could have JFSR'd him.
We played a lot of casual matches before that. I didn't win once.

It takes a lot of guts to put your videos online for people to critique. That being said....that was one ugly match & both players have a lot of work to do.

I know. That's why I asked for his permission to upload the match. I think he spared me. Normally he does a lot better.
I know I have a lot to work on, that's why I want to be critiqued. It's the whole reason I was able to improve my gameplay this last year.

GrayFoxPL

That b3,2 in the first match was supposed to be a b2 only :p
It would have whiffed anyway. If Hwoarang was in I could have JFSR'd him.
We played a lot of casual matches before that. I didn't win once.

You should fire up ff+2 more. It can be 15 frame fast. Sure it's not a launcher but oki after that can equal the damage. Pretty much the best thing you do as fast mid range punish with oki.

Dereck

If they bring back Bob it would be cool if they nerfed him and just made Slim Bob the primary version of Bob in Tekken 7. Then aesthetically he wouldn't be so awful.

Because it ended. Still today though.
I meant, is he playing offline versus like last time.

EDIT: Yeah

EDIT: The temple stage is silly. The most interesting part of the stage is the bottom, the first two floors have nothing going on, it's a huge empty stage for no reason.

GrayFoxPL

But Slim Bob looks even worse. Like some hunchback troll. That's because they had to match the model skeleton movements somehow but it's still the most awkward looking human character in Tag2 imo.

I don't care if he's fat or slim just don't be bullshit. I was hoping he was Sammo Hung of Tekken when he was announced, alas he became Benny Hill. (Sorry Benny RIP).

Btw the stream is the best one so far. Wonder who is the other guy because he beat Knee's ass many times.

Also Bryan's qcb+3 seems -13 now. Hei's ws+1 couldn't punish it but Kaz's ws+1,2 did.

Those buffs.

I meant, is he playing offline versus like last time.

Oh I get it now, lol.

Yeah Temple stage is meh. And all those floor breaks make me roll my eyes.

Dereck

Like some hunchback troll. That's because they had to match the model skeleton movements somehow
Thanks for the insight, I didn't realize that.

They should make Bob in the Tekken 6 cutscene, with a new skeleton. And supremely nerfed.

They should make the Speed and Weight costume playable

GrayFoxPL

Thanks for the insight, I didn't realize that.

They should make Bob in the Tekken 6 cutscene, with a new skeleton. And supremely nerfed.

They should make the Speed and Weight costume playable

That would be nice.

I think Bob, however he looks, is not far off in the line of "time release" characters.

sasuke_91

You should fire up ff+2 more. It can be 15 frame fast. Sure it's not a launcher but oki after that can equal the damage. Pretty much the best thing you do as fast mid range punish with oki.

I forgot about ff+2 in that moment. Would have been a lot better.

I uploaded that match in particular because it was my very first match in my first tournament ever, even if it was a small tournament with only 11 players. I want to be able to watch this match in one year and be like "wow, this is how bad I used to play back then" :p

By the way, Tekken's Finals were the only ones in the tournament that weren't played on stage for everyone to watch. We were supposed to in the beginning, but because "Street Fighter was bigger" they played that one instead.
That Chech player I talked about earlier (he called himself Motionman in the tournament) came to us and told us that if people didn't want to hype Tekken we had to hype it ourselves. He then began to commentate our Grand Finals in a really great and hilarious way, so people didn't have a choice but to notice. Great guy. I'm glad I got to meet him.

That would be nice.

I think Bob, however he looks, is not far off in the line of "time release" characters.

Maybe the characters that got totally revamped looks and movelists are the ones that are time release characters. So Bob, Jin and a few others.

GrayFoxPL

I forgot about ff+2 in that moment. Would have been a lot better.

I uploaded that match in particular because it was my very first match in my first tournament ever, even if it was a small tournament with only 11 players. I want to be able to watch this match in one year and be like "wow, this is how bad I used to play back then" :p

By the way, Tekken's Finals were the only ones in the tournament that weren't played on stage for everyone to watch. We were supposed to in the beginning, but because "Street Fighter was bigger" they played that one instead.
That Chech player I talked about earlier (he called himself Motionman in the tournament) came to us and told us that if people didn't want to hype Tekken we had to hype it ourselves. He then began to commentate our Grand Finals in a really great and hilarious way, so people didn't have a choice but to notice. Great guy. I'm glad I got to meet him.

Maybe the characters that got totally revamped looks and movelists are the ones that are time release characters. So Bob, Jin and a few others.

That's cool of him!

Revamped characters. Yeah I'm losing hope they care enough.

On other things.

I just saw on stream that Knee found out Hwoarang can sidestep with left flamingo like Baek and when he "zoomed" past electrics and 1,2's he started shouting: "Baek Doo San!" Hehe.

CSX

If we see that fat bastard over characters like Anna or Zafina, there will be hell to pay.
Tbh I see Bob coming back just cuz he's only been in one game (Tag 2 don't count :p) and had high usuge. Zafina fits that too but she has low usage in T6 so there's a chance for her to be gutted.

Anna though?.... RIP

Manbig

Sorry AAK. I didn't see your message until it was too late.

Man, all these Capos and Williams players with zero defense all sitting on their hands praying that their braindead characters are still gonna be around in T7.

What a shame it would be if they didn't make it in! /sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom