• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
L5zsUnn.gif

Meh. Not worried.

De-emphasizing juggles is what the casual Tekken fan wants.This game honestly in terms of juggles and damage really feels like a mix between DR, Tekken 3, and Tag 1 which to a lot of these casual fans is the best in the series.

Honestly as long as I can move properly I don't care what they do to juggles or damage scaling or whatever.

De-emphasizing juggles is what the casual Tekken fan wants.This game honestly in terms of juggles and damage really feels like a mix between DR, Tekken 3, and Tag 1 which to a lot of these casual fans is the best in the series.

Honestly as long as I can move properly I don't care what they do to juggles or damage scaling or whatever.

Same. The damage scaling besides the LC example above seems fine and it allows for more freedom of combos if just a little.

AAK

Devil Jin has the last hit of the low variation of 1+4 string.

I dunno, does Julia's bow and arrow count? Because there are situations where if the low hits the KND mid can whiff. And her Wind roll,4 only knocks down if you do the extension that sends them far away.

GrayFoxPL

Speaking of lows. They are risky in T7. Things like Hwo rfs d+4 now give guard stun like Paul's d+4, Asuka's f+1,d+4 gives same effect as blocked hellsweep etc. Even if moves were already bad on block, now the obvious stagger gives even more easier punish.

Other thing. Kazumi has Karate kick into hook kick. I hope Jin will have this.

Like this but with, you know, cleaner technique lol.

ibpECV0icplIH4.gif

Dereck

Katarina looks less bad without the striped pants on. She's cool, I'm warming up to her fighting style, and her voice actress sounds cool.

GMmZlYs.gif

AAK

Finally got around to listening to the entirety of the Speedkicks interview by Setnomessej. That was a damn good interview and I highly recommend people to check it out to see how intricately he broke down the process to getting better. And that was a SOLID rebuttal to Rip's bitch call damn.

De-emphasizing juggles is what the casual Tekken fan wants.

I personally think it's the movement aspect that casuals currently hate on the most.

Katarina looks less bad without the striped pants on. She's cool, I'm warming up to her fighting style, and her voice actress sounds cool.

GMmZlYs.gif

This gif angers me.
Another recycled custom from TTT2.

DEATH™

I personally think it's the movement aspect that casuals currently hate on the most.

It always depends on who you ask. If you are asking other FG players that want to play casual Tekken, then yeah. Many portion also want juggles to be shorter.

We'll see if this pays off...

Doomshine

DEATH™;155304259 said:
It always depends on who you ask. If you are asking other FG players that want to play casual Tekken, then yeah. Many portion also want juggles to be shorter.

We'll see if this pays off...

Well isn't what they have now pretty much a compromise? You can still do longer juggles but it's only worth it for wall carry.

DEATH™

Well isn't what they have now pretty much a compromise? You can still do longer juggles but it's only worth it for wall carry.

Yeah... and the problem is it will still be enough to piss those people off...

What I have observed looking and reading around is that most of the complaints come from losing. People just do not want to accept that they lost. And when people lose in that specific fashion (i.e. juggled), they will still blame Tekken team for not doing enough to reduce it.

If these changes are enough to give those kind of players wins, then that compromise will work.

To me Tekken movement is like driving standard. It's 100% better than driving automatic in every single possible way but it takes slightly more effort. But people who drive automatic cars all the time think standard is too hard and needlessly complex. Yet they have no idea what the benefits are to driving a standard because they never took the time to learn.

GrayFoxPL

Doesn't Jin have that in TTT2? f+1, 3, 3

Proper name for it is the 'Brazilian kick' AFAIK

It's different, not much different but different. I'll make a gif later.

Btw it's the same move Jean Kujo had in VF5R but they took it out in FS.

Brazilian kick? Pretty sure it originated in Kyokushin. But nevermind.

Spuck-uk

Banned
It's different, not much different but different. I'll make a gif later.

Btw it's the same move Jean Kujo had in VF5R but they took it out in FS.

Brazilian kick? Pretty sure it originated in Kyokushin. But nevermind.

It did originate in Kyokushin, they gave it the name because it was Brazilian karatekas were the ones popularised it.

CSX

Anyone know if Namco made PDFs of Tekken 7 movelists?

I know they did that for Tag 2 but for T7 it's just part of the official website and I cant seem to find a Download as PDF option

AAK

Anyone know if Namco made PDFs of Tekken 7 movelists?

I know they did that for Tag 2 but for T7 it's just part of the official website and I cant seem to find a Download as PDF option

Maybe something will come up by March 18? I remember it did appear but really close to the arcade release of the game.

To me Tekken movement is like driving standard. It's 100% better than driving automatic in every single possible way but it takes slightly more effort. But people who drive automatic cars all the time think standard is too hard and needlessly complex. Yet they have no idea what the benefits are to driving a standard because they never took the time to learn.

slightly? :D

I think Manny put it really nicely in the FGW when they were discussing if MvC3 had transferrable skills to Tekken:

My point was pretty simple. Remembering long strings of inputs in Marvel will not make you proper execute a backdash cancel in Tekken without getting launched out of a botched input and lose 50% - 70% of your one health bar because you got clipped trying to execute what SHOULD be a basic command. This even happens to some of the best players in the world sometimes and it's not hard to see when you've been playing for a while and recognize the situation, but is impossible to see to the untrained eye.

I can see how that can really frustrate people. But alas the reduced juggle damage will alleviate that slightly.

But in all honesty, if they somehow figured out a way to make a meshed animation system to make the backdash cancelling look less twitchy/jerky I do believe more people will come around to it. But alas this goes back to my woes of Tekken 7 in general how there is nothing they're trying to polish from a graphical point of view other than character models and background.

If you're bored, feel free to join me.

http://twitch.tv/manny_biggz

EDIT: All of a sudden twich is acting up and OBS cannot connect to it's servers. Guess that cuts my stream short.

Since the last year, Twitch has been extremely shitty when it comes to sustaining their server and it's getting shittier and shittier everyday. I'm having a lot of problem watching streams even on lower quality settings even though my internet connection is more than capable of viewing multiple streams at once, not to mention that a lot of my viewers were complaining of constant stuttering where my OBS didn't show any signs of something going wrong AT ALL.

They made it easier for me switch to Hitbox, even though I get a lot less viewers there.

Manbig

Apparently, it's just Verizon FIOS acting up with a few specific websites. I'm able to connect to twitch perfectly fine on my phone when it is not connected to my wifi, but when going through my FIOS, twitch loads all fucked up, and it times out when I try to ping it.

Wow, one of Claudio's low pokes does >25 damage:

http://www.twitch.tv/kurokuro9696japan/b/635095677?t=1h26m55s

That better be launch punishable.

Same reason why Bob's d/b+3+4 is Launch punishable.

How are those two moves even comparable? Claudio's is a Side Step move that's one hit and does around 20 damage and is maybe +2 or so on hit and does nothing on CH. Bob's is a two hit 30+ damage low that staggers on hit, that is a direct input, and is like +8.

It's like saying Hwoarang's SS+4 should be launch punishable and THAT gives a CH launcher where as Claudio's does not.

I'm sorry AAK I don't see the comparison here. There is nothing about that move that screams that it needs to be launch punishable.

My bad, I didn't know it was from a SS, that's fine then. I thought it was a single input like Bob/Miguel

I'm sorry maybe I got ahead of myself. I've been really hardcore about keeping tabs on Claudio since he's going to be my new main and it's probably not obvious to people what the inputs and properties for his moves are.

Weirdest thing about Claudio is that his buffed up low d+22 with a charge is actually not a combo. You can get hit by the first and block the second. Pretty weak considering you need to spend your bucks charge on it.

In fact Claudio's use for his Starbucks charge mechanic is pretty underwhelming in general.

Did you watch the 'just before launch' niconico stream before T7 was available in arcades? Harada and Hameko were on the show talking about the game and other things on it. It's probably going to be similiar.

Tekken channel is their YouTube channel so I think they might stream the show onto that. Hopefully, cause niconico sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6y98o30kK3yaVwTF-CmH7g

Cosplayers, Harada, maybe an announcement (time release character reveal?) or two.

There's going to be more info on it soon.

CSX

Leaving for Hong Kong tomorrow morning. Gonna be praying to the Tekken gods that the arcades nearby will have T7 on launch day ;P

EDIT: im considering bringing my ps2 pad with ps3 converter and a PS4 bad for that 0.01% chance that the machines are gonna have pad ports lol

GrayFoxPL

Did you watch the 'just before launch' niconico stream before T7 was available in arcades? Harada and Hameko were on the show talking about the game and other things on it. It's probably going to be similiar.

Tekken channel is their YouTube channel so I think they might stream the show onto that. Hopefully, cause niconico sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6y98o30kK3yaVwTF-CmH7g

Cosplayers, Harada, maybe an announcement (time release character reveal?) or two.

There's going to be more info on it soon.

I see. Thanks for info.

GrayFoxPL

So it seems King's f,d,df+1 is finally punishable. I saw hwoarang punish it 3 times in a row with ws+4,4 on kurokuro.

To be honest I'm kinda bored watching T7. Lack of characters really shows and as I said many months ago Rage Arts got old really fast.

I don't know it just gets meh. Matches look predictable. I know when Ragearts gonna be fired up seconds before it happens and Power Blows are so shitty they actually help to kill player instead of saving him from tight spot.

Nothing truly exciting happens.

ibLUZX6plH2ay.gif

I hope in 7 days launch release will show off New Jin and 2-3 returning characters, maybe some new character that actually gets me excited, sorry Shaheen, you are not it.

Markman teased that there is still something in the sleeve but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Bonus:

rdgqlz.gif

"Don't give a fuck."

GrayFoxPL

Looks more fun to play than anything. Its still Tekken that's why things look the same.

I didn't say because looks the same. It's more exciting for me watching Tag2 or even old ass T6 and DR matches. Shitty oki doesn't help.

Btw you guys noticed they took out wall breaks?

Numb

I don't want to spoil the game for myself, so I don't even watch any T7 matches.

They took out wall breaks and added triple floor breaks. Seems kinda dumb.

Really not that much to spoil.
Bounds are tailspins now and supers are normals stringed together.
That Lili floor break was too dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom