• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Must buys for me:

Red Dead Redemption 2
Detroit: Become Human
Resident Evil 7
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Prey
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
Tekken 7
Mass Effect Andromeda
Shenmue III
God of War 4
Crackdown 3
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Spider-Man
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Vampyr

They did ages ago. Let's hope they didn't forget.

I'd die if after years of waiting I wouldn't be able to play it.

Only fucking Tecmo doesn't allow legacy. Fuckink chumps.

Care to provide a source if possible? the only response I know was from Harada, about the "possibility" only without confirming it and it was regarding the PS4 only.

Technically possible.
I have to discuss with SCE, Hori, Madcatz Marketing Team
RT@thenipahhut if TK7 PS4 version will allow PS3 stick usage?

Dereck

7cL9rnc.gif

5YtTdzj.gif

yiggs

Neo Member
If it comes, I bet it will be something as T5DR for the psp was to the console versions, a downgrade, which by themselves were already a downgrade from the arcade counterpart.

Haha, T6 on PSP (while it was heavily downgraded) was still a super great game!! I'd have it on my desk and just switch it on to test stuff as I was doing other stuff.

Though, with PC version coming out, that might change it's uses a bit. Still, more Tekken everywhere is good news!

GrayFoxPL

I'll said it before, if Switch will be a reason of T7 delay, they all better hide their balls because I'm going all Sonny Chiba on them!

hvpYhVj.gif

Fail to the Fish, y'all.

a3NBa3s.gif

Is tekken considered easier to get into when compared to like Street Fighter?

Not really. SF is much more easier. Not to say that Tekken is impossible. But plenty of resources out there to help you with either :D

That depends what kind of player are you.

Street Fighter, ArcSys fighters, even KOF are 10 times harder to play for me then Tekken, VF, Soul Calibur or DOA.

It's all really about what you've been playing for the past 20 years.

GrayFoxPL

It kind of furthers my suspicions of a delay. They do have to hit before EVO so there's that.

Just make the Switch port later damn it. Add corny bonuses even. Just don't delay the current platforms!

Oh come on! I can risk assumption that Switch buyers wont have their priorities set dead on Tekken.

NVTZfwx.jpg

sasuke_91

This article is weird. It wastes 2 paragraphs on how people want Eliza in T7 and there are some random typos here and there.

Also this:
"Tekken 7" is already available in Japanese arcades, having released last year.
The game's official arcade release was 2 years ago. Unless they mean the FR update, but that was an update to the already released game.

Imagine if it was a timed exclusive for Switch, we'd have to get suicide watch in here.

Honestly i'm pretty skeptical about a Switch release, or getting any news today. I think we'll hear more at the EVO games announcement.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Not sure why they'd want to put focus on the Nintendo platform again. I thought the 3DS and Wii U Tekken titles kinda flopped. Did Pokken do well?

Pachimari

Yeah, it seems like a sure fire bet, that Tekken 7 will show at the Switch event tonight and get the release date announced, probably for launch on March 17. But just not to get disappointed I'm gonna stick to my June 27 release.

Dereck

My prediction is that Nintendo will make no mention of Tekken, because you know, Namco likes to announce Tekken news unpredictably.

sasuke_91

I don't think T7 will get a Switch port. They'll have had their hands full with optimizing the game for PS4 and Xbox One and those two are quite similar in architecture with the difference that the PS4 is slightly more powerful. The Switch is a little different though since it's not nearly as powerful as the other two consoles and it's even worse in undocked mode. If they port the game to Switch, it will probably come out at a later point in time.

Or I'm completely wrong with everything again and Namco does something random again.

GrayFoxPL

I don't think T7 will get a Switch port. They'll have had their hands full with optimizing the game for PS4 and Xbox One and those two are quite similar in architecture with the difference that the PS4 is slightly more powerful. The Switch is a little different though since it's not nearly as powerful as the other two consoles and it's even worse in undocked mode. If they port the game to Switch, it will probably come out at a later point in time.

Or I'm completely wrong with everything again and Namco does something random again.

TAj7Czu.gif

Yeah, it seems like a sure fire bet, that Tekken 7 will show at the Switch event tonight and get the release date announced, probably for launch on March 17. But just not to get disappointed I'm gonna stick to my June 27 release.

June would be killer, imagine having to wait nearly half of 2017 for next-gen Tekken :O

GrayFoxPL

Namco's relationship with Nintendo is a strange one but not rare. They made or ported shitload of games for Ninty consoles.

Let's not forget they like to make strange "offshots" of originals instead of straight ports.
Ridge Racer 64, Ridge Racer DS, Tekken Advance, Soul Calibur action adventure game, even Tekken 3ds was Tekken 6 with new stages, music and Heihachi converted from Tag2.

Tekken 7 on Switch is an easy guess to make but what if it's something totally out of left field?

Like Tekken RPG I've been craving, that would probably make me buy Switch? "Tales of Tekken" anyone?

Or the rumored Soul Calibur Revival/VI debuting on Switch?

Hell, it can be Namco Smash Court Tennis Switch with Tekken, SC, Tales characters.

oYCGGdd.gif

sasuke_91

We haven't gotten any "It's a good time to be a TEKKEN fan" in some time, so don't hope for an announcement any time soon.

GrayFoxPL with those cute Nina Dobrev gifs.

GrayFoxPL

We haven't gotten any "It's a good time to be a TEKKEN fan" in some time, so don't hope for an announcement any time soon.

GrayFoxPL with those cute Nina Dobrev gifs.

Maybe that's a good thing.

Nina my love.

q9ZZWBb.gif

Btw. Nina Dobrev and Donnie Yen meeting on a set of XXX Return of Xander Cage, must be wish of FATE.

If those two had a child it would be a perfect human being.

Pachimari

Oh wait, I realized they're both named Nina. You'll have Nina Williams. I'll stay with Nina Dobrev. Make her a character in Tekken, also Donnie Yen!

GrayFoxPL

Oh wait, I realized they're both named Nina. You'll have Nina Williams. I'll stay with Nina Dobrev. Make her a character in Tekken, also Donnie Yen!

Ohhh?
oJX7lC7.gif

Stay away from my Nina.

Donnie is long overdue in Tekken but it's not gonna happen. Harada ordered Tekken Team to watch Idol videos and chibi shit anime instead of Martial Arts movies like they used to.

Top Bottom