• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

0g7gvc8d2jpy.jpg

Here's the link to the comment in question: https://business.facebook.com/pg/TekkenEU/posts/?business_id=883178021770872

It's the latest post, that gif of Shaheen vs Lars, and it's the first comment on that post.

I mean tbh, dropping $5 on a game you're gonna get anyways is a non-issue.

And considering she's only one of 3 characters you will have to pay for if you get the game later or used(ie cheaper than market price). I'm just not seeing the issue here.

People don't look at DLC/Pre-Order bonuses in context and just get angry at the idea those things.

That was known. If you preorder you get Eliza immediately and free, and she's paid DLC later.

They hadn't mentioned a timeframe for the paid version yet, it's a month after release it seems. Pretty reasonable i guess. Wonder how much they'll charge for her, or the other DLC characters.

Kuni along with most other "new" DLC chars felt hella unfinished. Clones were clones, not much expected there, but they made a half assed attempt with Kuni. Not quite a clone, not quite anything else either.

Ancient Ogre tho... don't talk about my boy like that. Especially after the nerfing they gave him and Fat Ogre. Also, what's up with the name changes? Why did they have to go and mess that up? Nothing wrong with Ogre and True Ogre. Keep it old school, Namco!

PS... what would "regular" Ogre be like in T7? Imagine his Rage Arts, Rage Drive, Power Crushes... Devil Jin stole his chest bump. So he'd need something else...
vWngWCH.gif

GrayFoxPL

Kuni had some stiff, unpolished animations. 4,4,4, df+4, db+4, df+3,2 come to mind first. db+4 was given to Kazumi btw.

I almost never played him but Ancient Ogre model was fantastic, along with his various masks. Also he had a throw when he sucked life out of opponent and made his character model deformed. That was unique!

Some lightning quick Tag2 character stuff.

3 Capos - Lord have mercy!

Jun - New, "okayish" moveset didn't make people rush out and play her. Dat ass tho.

Combot - why?

Violet - hey, it's Lee again with 3 other moves!

Alex - Alex is the best, shut up.

Boscon - No, again?!

Jaycee - Viva Mexico!

Unknown - Unneeded.

P.Jack - Fun distraction but weak as shit.

Forest - Life is easier with easy Law! *gingle*

Angel - Weakshima but with your girlfriend's temper! Fun!

Kuni - "Fans wanted more" - the character.

Ancient Ogre - that was Jun's head.

Ogre - Still like a T-virus injected into a donkey.

Jinpachi - a bitch, but what a badass bitch.

Sebastian - No one needed Lili, let alone two of them.

Slim Bob - people didn't hate you because you were fat, but because you are Bob. Double Hateburger please.

...and Paul didn't get a clone. :(

kvkFnKB.gif

Kuni had some stiff, unpolished animations. 4,4,4, df+4, db+4, df+3,2 come to mind first. db+4 was given to Kazumi btw.

I almost never played him but Ancient Ogre model was fantastic, along with his various masks. Also he had a throw when he sucked life out of opponent and made his character model deformed. That was unique!

Some lightning quick Tag2 character stuff.

3 Capos - Lord have mercy!

Jun - New, "okayish" moveset didn't make people rush out and play her. Dat ass tho.

Combot - why?

Violet - hey, it's Lee again with 3 other moves!

Alex - Alex is the best, shut up.

Jaycee - Viva Mexico!

P.Jack - Fun distraction but weak as shit.

Forest - Life is easier with easy Law! *gingle*

Jinpachi - a bitch, but what a badass bitch.

Sebastian - No one needed Lili, let alone two of them.

Slim Bob - people didn't hate you because you were fat, but because you are Bob. Double Hateburger please.

...and Paul didn't get a clone. :(

kvkFnKB.gif
Agreed across the board.

GrayFoxPL said:
Kuni - "Fans wanted more" - the character.
Boscon - No, again?!
Ancient Ogre - that was Jun's head.
Angel - Weakshima but with your girlfriend's temper! Fun!
So much potential they had with these characters. So little realized.
GrayFoxPL said:
Ogre - Still like a T-virus injected into a donkey.
ahqxQFd.png

GrayFoxPL said:
Unknown - Unneeded.
Not just potential wasted, but why didn't they use the mechanic from TTT1? You clicked R3, and she changed character styles on the fly! None of this once per round Mokujin nonsense. If you didn't likey? R3 Clickey!

Side Note:
Official lore time: If you wanna know how they got the idea for T7 Yoshi, apparently:
They ran out of ideas. So they took her bonus outfit and just... put it on his head.

Two of the best UK Tekken players were using:

-Roger/Bob

-Ogre/True Ogre

and won regionals and nationals (in the Roger players case)

Roger and Bob are in the game from jump.

Same with True Orge. Orge is the only outlier and even then it feeds into the "clone characters" issue the game had.

I'll survive if she doesn't come back. Kuni too. I don't expect them to return either.

Didn't take all this time to switch over to Raven/Lili for nothing.

But i still feel unsettled. Played Jun and Kuni in TR for the longest time.

Rajang

I prefer Jun as well.

Nostalgia too strong.

But I don't see how she will be in the game (except maybe story stuff).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Two of the best UK Tekken players were using:

-Roger/Bob

-Ogre/True Ogre

and won regionals and nationals (in the Roger players case)

Man, I hope Roger ends up in Tekken 7. Sure the reveal would get crapped on like the bears, but that's too fun and interesting of a moveset to let go to waste. Probably my 3rd or 4th most played between T6 and Tag 2.

Idk how people prefer a non-character like Jun lol

I guess it's the "potential". Jun seemed more directly involved with the main plot in her brief canon appearance, and wasn't a highschooler.

Jun's super pretty, i like her playstyle and i did well with her (and not with Asuka). That's it really.

I don't care about story stuff. I might if it ever stops being stupid but i'm not holding my breath.

Degen

Didn't my boy Ogre put Jun to sleep in the canon

If I don't get True Ogre you sure as fk don't get his easiest opponent

sasuke_91

Lol amazing dream GrayFox :D

I didn't mind the clones in TTT2. They were there for an obvious reason, although I agree that there's no reason for 3 Capos. Other characters felt a little unpolished, but I didn't feel like they didn't have a right to exist.
I like Kuni. Jun had potential as a story character, but alas!

GrayFoxPL

Thing is if someone was like 4 when Tekken 2 came out they have no sympathy or sentiment towards character. Jun and Lei were a big thing 20 years ago.

When Asuka came out in T5 they just copy pasted Tag1 Jun and added ~4 moves. There was this whole thing about not wanting to age female characters and all that fuck up with retconing Jun's death in T3. Jun was just replaced by younger model with bigger tits. I like Asuka, but she's mostly fan service material while Jun (T2 and Tag1 Jun) literally had nothing tied to sex appeal or fan service. She was just a good fighter.

Lol amazing dream GrayFox :D

Lol, thanks XD.

I can deal with Asuka as she is now but her "story" is garbage, but then again so is a few other characters theirs is just not as obnoxious lol.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Thing is if someone was like 4 when Tekken 2 came out they have no sympathy or sentiment towards character. Jun and Lei were a big thing 20 years ago.

When Asuka came out in T5 they just copy pasted Tag1 Jun and added ~4 moves. There was this whole thing about not wanting to age female characters and all that fuck up with retconing Jun's death in T3. Jun was just replaced by younger model with bigger tits. I like Asuka, but she's mostly fan service material while Jun (T2 and Tag1 Jun) literally had nothing tied to sex appeal or fan service. She was just a good fighter.

The only thing I liked ever about Jun is her sick TTT2 tournament, she literally had 0 personality beyond Kazuya nailing her and then her dying. Asuka >>>>

I kept thinking Claudio looks like a JoJo's part 1/2 character.

Then I find that he has an accessory where he wears a stone mask that's eerily similar to the one featured in JoJo's. Picture in question.

As it turns out, I choose my characters on appearance and not their gameplay.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Then I find that he has an accessory where he wears a stone mask that's eerily similar to the one featured in JoJo's.

You're doing it right tbh

Then I find that he has an accessory where he wears a stone mask that's eerily similar to the one featured in JoJo's.

If you pick 2P Claudio he looks like Roy Mustang from FMA. So I'm all about 2P Claudio.

You're doing it right tbh
There are so many cool designs in this game that I genuinely want to play almost all of them. This rarely happens to me, usually the characters that resonate with me jump out immediately. Like Orchid in KI, Venom in Guilty Gear Xrd, FANG in SFV, etc etc.

But in this game I just can't choose yet. All I know is which characters I WONT play and that's Kuma, Panda and Bryan Fury.

2edgy4me

Also I had a gameplay related question. Can Rage Arts absorb the hit of the enemy's Rage art, or does it break through the "armour"?

Top Bottom