• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Zushin

I'm no tournament player, but generally 'seriously' learning/playing fighting games is like learning to draw. Learn and practice the fundamentals and they will take you where you want to go. Above all it will take time, so be patient and be willing to self critique and even invite others to critique your work. Hopefully there will be a replay function like in TTT2 for that. Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't be afraid to do some research and study what high-level players do with your character. There's a 'what character should I choose?' guide floating around somewhere for Tekken 7.

As for Tekken related stuff, other people in this thread can advise you much better than me.

But generally, learning fighting games is a life-long venture. There's no real stopping point other than simply stopping.

Thanks! That is a worrying analogy for me, my drawing endeavours have..... Not turned out well haha.

So...they're standing on water, where are they exactly? The stage visually doesn't make sense to me. It looks like they're standing in the middle of the ocean.

Yeah. That stage would be much better with the hint of some shallows beneath their feet and some reefs or a beach or whatever in the background.

It's just too empty like this.

I do like how tranquil it is. I like nature stages in general.

Reminds me of the Rom the Vacuous Spider fight in Bloodborne.

Ha ha, yeah.

sasuke_91

Reminds me of the Rom the Vacuous Spider fight in Bloodborne.
First thing that came to mind :D

I had a FT5 with CloudSyler 2 days ago. Although I think she's the better player overall, this time we were pretty on par mostly.

https://youtu.be/XfxdnQQD-ls

Some takeaways:

- Cloud is pretty good at stepping Hwoarang, so I tried to incorporate some homing moves in my general flamingo mix-up. What happened though is that I started flowcharting like crazy, using the same moves in an endless loop over and over again
- She's also quite a flowchart player, but I fell for every setup three times before I started trying to find a way around it. I can't believe how many times I got launched after Lee's b+4
- I should stop whiffing every second move
- My defense is garbage and I can't react to lows. In fact I probably broke more throws than I blocked lows
- Sometimes I stand in front of my opponent for longer periods of time holding back instead of doing anything, being open for every kind of pressure my opponent wants to put on me
- I panic way too quickly, resulting in me killing myself with a bad raw tag or tag crash instead of keeping my cool
- I'm more of an inconsistent player than I am a bad player I guess. I was dominating the set halfway through before falling into bad habits again near the end
- Also, sorry for the bad quality of the video 😂

cordy

Banned
C8T6myZUAAQW9xQ.jpg:large

Wonder if they'll include the old versions of some stages. Doubt it tho.

Why did nobody tell me how cool Claudio is?

Dude's elegant, polite, italian, looks fabulous and fights like a JoJo's part 1/2 character?

So today i went to Facts in Gent to play some T7.

Was a great event. 8 setups, one of which was on a giant screen. It was the Lee/Miguel build, no button config and few stages and terribad loading times. It wasn't very busy, so waiting times were minimal and one could play a bunch. So i did. Played a lot of Master Raven, a little Lili and Alisa, and some Kazumi.

Tekken 7 is just great, guys. It looks amazing and there's a lot of new stuff to discover, and yet it feels familiar and comfortable. Getting new combos down is pretty easy but not trivial and getting optimal damage is something quite different. Getting used to power crushes and RAs/RDs is pretty tough. RAs/RDs are really hype though, and slowdowns are even better.

In general everyone there seemed to love the game. There were even a bunch of little kids that just kept coming back and challenging people to matches. Really fun to see.

(In the end I left kinda pissed because i got mauled by some tourney players. Back to training camp for me i guess. =/ )

AllenShrz

I have preorder this game 3 times already....

PC and PS4 as deluxe digital editions and another normal one for ps4 for my second OGps4.

I might buy two more copies, one for scorpio and another one - a physical copy- for posterity to leave it unopened.

I kind of like this game, I think.

Pachimari

Are there some great Josie Rizal videos on Youtube I can look at and study?

I've noticed her jump up and then double kick while she does a backflip seems to be pretty useless.

Doomshine

Rheon

I do wish more of the OST was chill, not everything needs to be super electro-buzz-wub-wub-screech.

It makes me miss how chill the T4 soundtrack was.

sasuke_91

Very solid matches! I like how patient both of you are.
You should look up Steve's highs though. He used 3,1,f+1,1 and d+2,1,2 quite a few times without you ducking.

He's a very solid Steve player though. Very good pressure and lots of stance transitions with good use of PKB. I should copy some of his stuff! o.o

Yeah definitely bro. Need to brush up on my skillz though, haven't played Tekken in absolute ages.

I didn't know you were from the UK. The more players the better! I'm looking forward to June! :D

Count me in as well, PS4/PC

Enchanté!

GrayFoxPL

I just woke up from a Tekken dream I just had.

Let me tell you the scraps I remember.

I dreamed that 2 Tekken 7 spin offs were announced. First was Tekken with some "metal" subtitle. "Tekken: Ascension to Rage" or some shit like that. "Featuring Korn", haha. It supposed to have Korn soundtrack but the guy looked like some big metal guy, think Jason Momoa and the music sounded like Disturbed.

Second game I think had more lite tone and had new physics.

When they shown gameplay I noticed new moves. Paul had 2,d+3,4 double sweep and the last, new, part looked like fast ff+k from VF's Kagemaru. Sick! He also had new f+2,3 pk combo that knd and first hit was mid that replaced his current shitty f+2,3.

Anyway last thing I remember was Raven(classic) talking about those spinoffs to some woman that camera didn't show. He said something about "Korn" version being amazing.
Then she said: "Show me" and he slowly takes those earplug headphones, but wait, these earplugs have needles sticking out! You'd kill yourself! But he sticks them in slowly anyway and metal music starts playing, cut to dynamic montage of sick shit happening.

As I was waking up I managed to catch a glimpse of date the video was posted.

April 1st.

GbMxuq4.gif

Shit.

Btw I never listened to Korn besides hearing him in the soundtracks or tv so I don't know know how he ended up in a dream.

Top Bottom