• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

oI7aO1M.gif
Namco won't fix these kind of problems in the console version, will they?

Doomshine

Namco won't fix these kind of problems in the console version, will they?
These lag spikes don't exist offline on PC and console, we'll have to see about online. People think it's because of the new camera system that let's you pick sides and I hope it doesn't exist in the home versions if it has the same problem.

Rajang

Hahaha that MBC reaction.

These lag spikes don't exist offline on PC and console, we'll have to see about online. People think it's because of the new camera system that let's you pick sides and I hope it doesn't exist in the home versions if it has the same problem.

Yep, its exactly because of that system that lets both players play on the same side. The machine then has to sync the players and that causes the lag. I've seen it a lot during wall breaks and floor breaks.

That feature is not in the home version.

sasuke_91

Hahaha that MBC reaction.

Yep, its exactly because of that system that lets both players play on the same side. The machine then has to sync the players and that causes the lag. I've seen it a lot during wall breaks and floor breaks.

That feature is not in the home version.

This is good.

Rajang

I hate when ppl steal my 2p side. :p

Lol.

For me 2p side is hard, except wave dashing and electrics. Ive been forcing myself to play 2p side but I still play a lot worse when im not on 1p. I can hardly move and I just dont feel in complete control of my character. Also how do you sidestep to the left out of crouch quickly from 2p side? It never works well for me.

I play on pad btw.

sasuke_91

Lol.

For me 2p side is hard, except wave dashing and electrics. Ive been forcing myself to play 2p side but I still play a lot worse when im not on 1p. I can hardly move and I just dont feel in complete control of my character. Also how do you sidestep to the left out of crouch quickly from 2p side? It never works well for me.

I play on pad btw.

You can't. That's why some stuff depends on which side you're playing, like stepping Kazuya's 1,2,4,3.

It's the same for me by the way. Pad player, wavedash and electrics/JFSR work great on 2p side, anything else not so much :p

GrayFoxPL

Lol.

I play on pad btw.

I'm the other way around, I'm got so unused to 1p and can't do shit with Mishimas on that side. Feels awkward. I'm forcing myself to practice p1 because I'm on big disadvantage there, unless it's Paul. Paul works even on 3p side.

I'm the worst at crouch canceling so don't ask me, I just tap down twice.

I've been playing TTT2 again to prep for T7. I'm trying to branch out from Paul (who is still my main) with King. I'm getting molly whopped alot. The journey is hard, hehe.

Need to watch some vids of good TTT2 Kings.

LowParry

I still got other stuff to work on getting off my backlog before I do any Tekken prep. Probably won't start that till mid May. Will check out Tekken Talk tomorrow.

Many people have the same mentality of "Ranked is where you go to test your skill and you shouldn't go there if you're new" and I disagree with that. Ranked should be the place where you can find people with your own skill level, regardless of how good or bad you are at the game.

That's not how its ever worked though because Ranked is generally hyper-competitive and if you're new to the game , hyper-competitiveness affects your growth negatively.

Player Matches offer up that safe space to learn the nuances of the game better and is a better place to meet actual people of your skill level because the atmosphere is casual enough for that.

That's not how its ever worked though because Ranked is generally hyper-competitive and if you're new to the game , hyper-competitiveness affects your growth negatively.

Player Matches offer up that safe space to learn the nuances of the game better and is a better place to meet actual people of your skill level because the atmosphere is casual enough for that.

People think that because games like Tag 2 shove your stats in front of you and everyone you pair against, it's easy for casuals and newcomers to get intimidated by having bad results shown to everyone in the world.

I also don't like having a separate matchmaking like "Casual/Player mode" cause the only thing that these kind of modes do is divide the player base.

And btw, Tag 2's Player Match matches you with anyone regardless of your opponent's rank.

Onemic

People think that because games like Tag 2 shove your stats in front of you and everyone you pair against, it's easy for casuals and newcomers to get intimidated by having bad results shown to everyone in the world.

I also don't like having a separate matchmaking like "Casual/Player mode" cause the only thing that these kind of modes do is divide the player base.

And btw, Tag 2's Player Match matches you with anyone regardless of your opponent's rank.

Casual matches actually work really well in sfv

Many people have the same mentality of "Ranked is where you go to test your skill and you shouldn't go there if you're new" and I disagree with that. Ranked should be the place where you can find people with your own skill level, regardless of how good or bad you are at the game.

In theory sure. But then, smurfs and rerankers :/

Oh and this was in the ELEAGUE chat today. This shouldn't tickle me, but it does. I'm a bad person.

57Xc7we.png

In reference to RIP and Tasty Steve.
Background: Jesse wants to be a commentator and I guess he's been sending in audition clips and pestering these two? IDK.

Placement matches (eg. Rocket League, Overwatch, League of Legends) is the solution for smurf accounts, game devs can set an algorithm where lower level players will never be a door mat that skilled players step on before reaching the higher leagues.

Its the case because that's how fighters have handled it since they've gone online.

I actually prefer the separation because I know what I'm getting for the most part and people can play who they want.. I know that Player Match matches you with anyone but since the environment is relaxed and you can cherry pick who you play, easier to find rivals.

Placement matches (eg. Rocket League, Overwatch, League of Legends) is the solution for smurf accounts, game devs can set an algorithm where lower level players will never be a door mat that skilled players step on before reaching the higher leagues.

Fighting games have started doing this too. Xrd (iirc?), BBCF and KoF14 all have 10 placement matches at the start.

Definitely helps. Hope Bamco is paying attention.

Oh and this was in the ELEAGUE chat today. This shouldn't tickle me, but it does. I'm a bad person.

57Xc7we.png

In reference to RIP and Tasty Steve.
Background: Jesse wants to be a commentator and I guess he's been sending in audition clips and pestering these two? IDK.

Rip blocked Jesse in a fallout over Wonkey being upset/trolly about the T7 release date. Yeah, it's dumb.

You'd think SF5 would have gotten you used to long loading times.

Nah. I'm already struggling to go back to the old game after the beta (and that fast loading mod). And Tekken is even longer, it's gonna be hard splitting time between both games. At least their rematch option is quick af tho.

cordy

Banned
So glad this game has a lot of stages. I'm actually expecting some DLC to come out down the line that'll change the time of day with the stages as well you know, remixes stages. Either way there's no shortages in this game.

Zushin

Haven't played Tekken (or any fighting game really) since Tekken 2. Looking forward to giving T7 a go though. Looks really cool. Although I'll probably stick to story and arcade to start with, I'd like to venture into MP eventually. Any advice for fighting games in general?

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played Tekken (or any fighting game really) since Tekken 2. Looking forward to giving T7 a go though. Looks really cool. Although I'll probably stick to story and arcade to start with, I'd like to venture into MP eventually. Any advice for fighting games in general?

I'm no tournament player, but generally 'seriously' learning/playing fighting games is like learning to draw. Learn and practice the fundamentals and they will take you where you want to go. Above all it will take time, so be patient and be willing to self critique and even invite others to critique your work. Hopefully there will be a replay function like in TTT2 for that. Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't be afraid to do some research and study what high-level players do with your character. There's a 'what character should I choose?' guide floating around somewhere for Tekken 7.

As for Tekken related stuff, other people in this thread can advise you much better than me.

But generally, learning fighting games is a life-long venture. There's no real stopping point other than simply stopping.

Infinite Azure looks gooooood. Reminds me so much of classic Tekken 2 stages like Serene Forest or Cambodian Wetlands. Simple, no clutter, beautiful. Probably my favorite infinite stage since Tekken 3. Well done, Namco. More please! I like the less busy stages.

Top Bottom