• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag 2 GAF Winter Tournament - Begins Jan 6 - Stream, Prizes, Competition & Fun

Sayah

OP has been updated with more information on brackets, prizes and the final boss battle.
These will be the prizes. Many thanks go to MarkMan.

1st - TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Arcade FightStick TE S+
2nd - TRITTON Kunai Gaming Headset
3rd - Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Bag

Yeah, I would really like to see your customs. :)

I'll make sure some footage gets up, then. Hah.

So, anyway...I'm now at the top of the first round against BigBadShamoo, eh?

When can you play, BigBadShamoo? I should be available tomorrow and Tuesday from around, maybe...10 AM to around 5 or 8 PM, Eastern Time. After that, probably not until Friday afternoon.

Jubs

Those are some nice prizes.

Do we need a third person in the room to verify results? Or can we just go ahead and play against our designated opponent?

Sayah

Those are some nice prizes.

Do we need a third person in the room to verify results? Or can we just go ahead and play against our designated opponent?

Nah, third person isn't needed.

World Tekken Federation allows us to look at the whole play history of each player including their wins and losses. That's a good backup source in case any problems arise. I'm hoping everyone participating is signed up on WTF. If not, go register please.

World Tekken Federation allows us to look at the whole play history of each player including their wins and losses. That's a good backup source in case any problems arise. I'm hoping everyone participating is signed up on WTF. If not, go register please.

Plus we have our own replay history. WTF isnt always reliable. Sometimes matches dont register and it hasnt updated me and Noisepurge's set and that was like 3 hours ago.

Sayah

Plus we have our own replay history. WTF isnt always reliable. Sometimes matches dont register and it hasnt updated me and Noisepurge's set and that was like 3 hours ago.

Yeah, the site hasn't been registering matches recently, I think. Hoping they fix that soon.

But yes, replay history is probably a more reliable source in case a problem arises.

DEATH™

Yeah, the site hasn't been registering matches recently, I think. Hoping they fix that soon.

But yes, replay history is probably a more reliable source in case a problem arises.

If thats the case, would you guys stream the replays if in case we cant go stream?

Sayah

DEATH™;46133341 said:
If thats the case, would you guys stream the replays if in case we cant go stream?

That's actually a very great idea.

If we don't have enough people playing during stream time, we can always show the replays. This can also be a good way to make sure that each and every single match gets stream time. Not sure why I didn't think of this before. Thanks man.

New update: PLEASE SAVE all your tournament match replays right after you are done with your matches.

Hyun Sai

AAK, I'll be up Wednesday or thursday night, between 9:30PM and 11:30PM GMT-4, east coast time.

I'll add you on PSN.

EDIT : There is an error in the OP. I couldn't find AK0927, but AK0924 in the WTF. I sent an invite.

AAK

Yeah, oops I didn't even realize the mistake. Yeah, my psn is AAK0924. See you guys online!

I'll make sure some footage gets up, then. Hah.

So, anyway...I'm now at the top of the first round against BigBadShamoo, eh?

When can you play, BigBadShamoo? I should be available tomorrow and Tuesday from around, maybe...10 AM to around 5 or 8 PM, Eastern Time. After that, probably not until Friday afternoon.

We can do it Tuesday. Monday I'd like to take to play refresh my myself with my characters since im on short notice. I'm on EST time aswell so the times you mentioned will be ok. Let's shoot for 3pm on Tuesday. If anything happens there is always friday that we can go for :D

We can do it Tuesday. Monday I'd like to take to play refresh my myself with my characters since im on short notice. I'm on EST time aswell so the times you mentioned will be ok. Let's shoot for 3pm on Tuesday. If anything happens there is always friday that we can go for :D

Ah, that sounds good to me! :D

See you on Tuesday then, man! I need some practice anyway, too. Haha.

Sweet, Sweet! Also thanks Sayah, reading that PM saying that I was added, it was like Christmas for me :D I love videogame tournaments.

yeah WTF system is on the slow side, but they are up now.
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/noisepurge

Cool. I went back to look at our replays and man if our connection was better I would have been minced meat. You had so many combos on me but dropped them cause of the slight delay/lag.

After my set with Noisepurge I went in hard in training mode for hours trying to prepare myself as much as I can for rest of the tourney. Only problem is now my hands are killing me, I can barely make a fist. I really am going to have to start playing Tekken on stick or else I fear I might develop arthritis. Whoever my next oppoent may be you'll be going up against an injured player, show no mercy!

Lumine

It looks like my opponent Famicom and I might not be able to play against each other before sunday due to time difference and schedule. We might still be able to work something out before then, but I just wanted to let you guys know in case we don't. I hope sunday is not too late or that we end up stalling the tournament.

Cool. I went back to look at our replays and man if our connection was better I would have been minced meat. You had so many combos on me but dropped them cause of the slight delay/lag.

After my set with Noisepurge I went in hard in training mode for hours trying to prepare myself as much as I can for rest of the tourney. Only problem is now my hands are killing me, I can barely make a fist. I really am going to have to start playing Tekken on stick or else I fear I might develop arthritis. Whoever my next oppoent may be you'll be going up against an injured player, show no mercy!

hehe, yeah, well i'll take it back when we meet up again in the finals ;D

and i do recommend a stick, but during a tournament may not be the best time to start, since you will be disoriented after long pad-use :D

mr_boo

Oh yeah! I'm ready for this.
Many USers tho, finger crossed there's never lag.

I'm free on Thursday at the streaming time (at 10pm EST onward to be precise), hope mr_boo is too.
I think I can make that time on Thursday, since I won't be working on Friday. Next time I see you online, let's try to hook up (for a casual match (I'll use someone I have no clue on)) just to check the connection, cause I know you're playing from France, right?

AAK

Try playing with your pad on your lap and claw style. I used to have serious pain as well after playing Tekken in long sets on pad by holding the controller regularly. After that I rested the controller on my lap and treated it like an arcade counter and pressed the d-pad buttons with my thumb without clenching them around the controller which would really kill me before. It takes a little getting used to but it's worth it.

wow, I suck.

Don't worry about it bro. ;)

EDIT: I just realized, Doomshine isn't participating :( Just by his knowledge alone I know he's one of GAF's most formiddable Tekken players.

GrayFoxPL

WTF works for everyone registered or not. It just logs everything on psn id. I'm not registered and can see everything.

kenix

Neo Member
curious, what happen if our opponent have 0-1 connection bar cuz maybe he's located in japan. Or the match is extremely laggy. Do we still continue the match?

GG juberys ;) felt like u wasn't really trying. tired after work?

LowParry

i want a handicap against him...lol

Play solo. lol

@Sayah

So I was thinking with me and Rolent's match this week to be done on Sunday to be streamed. Forgot I had a crap load of stuff to do Thursday. But that would possibly put us with two matches that night to be streamed. That cool? If not, we'll play it out with what works best for us.

hehe, yeah, well i'll take it back when we meet up again in the finals ;D

and i do recommend a stick, but during a tournament may not be the best time to start, since you will be disoriented after long pad-use :D
That would be sweet though I doubt I'll even be able to win my next match, let alone make it to the finals :D
Try playing with your pad on your lap and claw style. I used to have serious pain as well after playing Tekken in long sets on pad by holding the controller regularly. After that I rested the controller on my lap and treated it like an arcade counter and pressed the d-pad buttons with my thumb without clenching them around the controller which would really kill me before. It takes a little getting used to but it's worth it.

Don't worry about it bro. ;)

EDIT: I just realized, Doomshine isn't participating :( Just by his knowledge alone I know he's one of GAF's most formiddable Tekken players.
I already play claw style but I'll try playing with the d-pad without clenching the controller. Thanks for the tip! Funny thing is Tekken is the only fighting game that I don't play on stick, always just felt more comfortable on pad.
Was feeling pretty good till i check AAK0924 wtf profile ANDDDDD then i lost hope. http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/aak0924

i want a handicap against him...lol

I'm looking at potential next opponents and saw Dsix's card.
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/dragonsix

I'm beyond screwed if I end up facing him. Plus he's in europe so I'll have to adjust a bit again to the slight lag.

Sayah

curious, what happen if our opponent have 0-1 connection bar cuz maybe he's located in japan. Or the match is extremely laggy. Do we still continue the match?

GG juberys ;) felt like u wasn't really trying. tired after work?

If the match is an extreme lag fest, report it here. Usually even 1 bar connections are playable in Tag 2 so I'm hoping we don't have problems like that.

Play solo. lol

@Sayah

So I was thinking with me and Rolent's match this week to be done on Sunday to be streamed. Forgot I had a crap load of stuff to do Thursday. But that would possibly put us with two matches that night to be streamed. That cool? If not, we'll play it out with what works best for us.

I think it should be fine if you do it that way. :)

AAK

Don't play solo, trust me. I know how to destroy it. ;)

Just got home and should be doing some work but if anyone sees this message and wants to have their match reply and I'll come online!

DSix

Banned
I think I can make that time on Thursday, since I won't be working on Friday. Next time I see you online, let's try to hook up (for a casual match (I'll use someone I have no clue on)) just to check the connection, cause I know you're playing from France, right?

Something came up and I'm not sure I can make it Thursday, maybe we should do it before then and just record the replays. If the lag is ok.

mr_boo

Something came up and I'm not sure I can make it Thursday, maybe we should do it before then and just record the replays. If the lag is ok.
OK - I'm going to try to be on for a prolonged period tonight...I'll confirm with you over a private PM with approximate times. Don't forget, I'm PST, not EST.

DSix

Banned
OK - I'm going to try to be on for a prolonged period tonight...I'll confirm with you over a private PM with approximate times. Don't forget, I'm PST, not EST.

Yeah I see, it's a bit delicate since we're almost on opposite timezones. One must be ready an night and the other in the morning. Actually tomorrow morning might be good for me (which is tonight for you). At about 8 or 9 AM CET, which is 11 or 12 PM PST.

Yup :D I don't bail :3

EDIT:
Ok me and KDash31987 have played. Great Games were played. The first three were for the tournament. I'm advancing in the winners bracket. Kdash can confirm, awesome space channel outfit :D

mr_boo

DEATH™;46203027 said:
Gia beat me... hard...
No worries ... I'm probably gonna get throttled by DSix ... don't get me wrong though...I'm going to try my best to take him down :D

Yup :D I don't bail :3

EDIT:
Ok me and KDash31987 have played. Great Games were played. The first three were for the tournament. I'm advancing in the winners bracket. Kdash can confirm, awesome space channel outfit :D

Yeah, he beat me 3-0. It was pretty at times. I probably played better during the random casual matches afterwards. Haha.

Good games, though, man! I had fun. :)

Good luck to you in the coming matches! And yeah, my Ulala costume is awesome! Thanks for pointing it out. I didn't think anyone I'd fight against would recognize it. Haha.

Oh, I recorded (with a camera...) live footage of our tournament matches. I'm uploading that now to YouTube, so expect that in a little while. It's not the best quality, but it's definitely watchable. I also saved the replays for them to my PlayStation 3.

Fraeon

So yeah, haven't gotten any answer back from this IHaveCandy dude. Probably doesn't even play his PS3.

Kind of hard to communicate with an opponent when they're banned and don't answer to their PSN messages.

Sayah

Sayah could you move this row in the OP:
"
Please note, the ordering of the bracket is the work of Challonge.com. http://challonge.com/neogaftekkentagtournament2

"

to the top :D it's really cumbersome to go through all the banners and player lists to find the updated challonge stats :D thanks!

Done and done. Check update 3 at the top. :)

So yeah, haven't gotten any answer back from this IHaveCandy dude. Probably doesn't even play his PS3.

Kind of hard to communicate with an opponent when they're banned and don't answer to their PSN messages.

Well, if he doesn't get back to you then it's going to automatically be your victory as per the rules. Still hope he does respond. His Armor King/King team is something to see.

Top Bottom