• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag 2 GAF Winter Tournament - Begins Jan 6 - Stream, Prizes, Competition & Fun

LowParry

I sense tension. Not of the fighting kind. ;)

False. Well...er....hrmm.....

I didn't get to watch any of the matches but I'm gonna watch the replays to give a more details report. Matches ended at 3 - 2 with Reminiscence winning! All I heard was from the matches were "That damn bitch Alisa!" so it must of been some close fights.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lost to Mrs. Ccrook 3-2. My scrub tactics were defeated!

I forgot to save replays so I don't have an exact round count.

And yes Kdash! Good games :D I love tournament play :D

This is very good quality for off cam! It's not shaky or anything. Yea it's not 1080p but that's great :D It only gets dark on that one stage but that stage with the sunset is very weird even on my TV if theres any sort of glare coming through the windows, that stage is a challenge to see sometimes. That stage is just dark lmao.

LowParry

Lost to Mrs. Ccrook 3-2. My scrub tactics were defeated!

I forgot to save replays so I don't have an exact round count.

I'll take a look at them later on a full count. And my pad playing skills suck so hard. I ought to take video how she plays because she uses shoulder buttons. She plays Tekken like a first person shooter. Baffles the hell out of me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'll take a look at them later on a full count. And my pad playing skills suck so hard. I ought to take video how she plays because she uses shoulder buttons. She plays Tekken like a first person shooter. Baffles the hell out of me.

:O That's awesome!

LOL, I should have used DOUBLE CHANG or solo Alisa at the end based on the post-game matches! Ah well, it was fun and she played crazy-good. Way better than me!

Hey i guess we're up, what's your PSN id?

Hey I sent you a message on PSN, but a slight correction.

If I can't get a match going by Thursday evening, then I'll forfeit. Not tomorrow. And also, my roommate usually spends a few hours a night watching Netflix on the PS3, so that's who you'll usually see online.

LowParry

Match recap:

Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 3 - 0 (R Win) (Jun/Lili vs Alisa/Anna)
Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 0 - 3 (LE Win) (Jun/Lili vs Alisa/Jaycee)
Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 2 - 3 (LE Win) (Jun/Lili vs Alisa/Jaycee)
Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 3 - 0 (R Win) (Xiaoyu/Lili vs Alisa/Jaycee)
Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 3 - 0 (R Win) (Xiaoyu/Lili vs Alisa/Anna)

Some really fun matches to watch. Lyte's got an awesome R. Mika outfit for Jaycee. Good games all around!

Edit:

Video of Tekken FPS use. Again, baffling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHW4-PpSxY

Sayah

Match recap:

Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 3 - 0 (R Win) (Jun/Lili vs Alisa/Anna)
Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 0 - 3 (LE Win) (Jun/Lili vs Alisa/Jaycee)
Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 2 - 3 (LE Win) (Jun/Lili vs Alisa/Jaycee)
Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 3 - 0 (R Win) (Xiaoyu/Lili vs Alisa/Jaycee)
Reminiscence vs Lyte Edge: 3 - 0 (R Win) (Xiaoyu/Lili vs Alisa/Anna)

Some really fun matches to watch. Lyte's got an awesome R. Mika outfit for Jaycee. Good games all around!

Edit:

hahahahaha, that's way too amazing.

AAK

GG's Hyun. Damn, that was a hard match to play a Canada vs France connection. Neither of us could do our punishes correctly. Regardless:

AAK (Kazuya/Devil Jin) vs Hunsai (Baek/Wang) 3-2
AAK (Kazuya/Devil Jin) vs Hunsai (Baek/Wang) 1-3
AAK (Hwoarang/Julia) vs Hunsai (Baek/Wang) 3-1
AAK (Hwoarang/Julia) vs Hunsai (Baek/Wang) 3-0

But I loved your team, I see potential in it :)

Nice! For some reason I was expecting analogue stick use.

Well, I got annihilated by AAK (as I expected after seeing his WTF card lol)...

I lost 1-3, fair and square.

GGs !

The WTF card it's a double edged sword. It's like you entered the match with a losing mindset. However it's double elmination! You have another chance. TURN UP.

GrayFoxPL

She keeps her throw shortcuts on the left two shoulder buttons but seriously though. Trying to do analog tag ins is just a pain in the ass for me to do.

I have no choice but to use analog tag. I can only use 6 buttons - face and r1,r2. I can't have tag button as rest are used for esentionals since years. Analog tag is pain in the ass it's true, very tiring doing combos and tag crash sometimes doesn't come out and I'm fucked. When I play solo I'm losing options, juggles and ppl still whine.

That's why I keep praying so future Tekkens won't have Tag. It cripples me.

And yes Kdash! Good games :D I love tournament play :D

This is very good quality for off cam! It's not shaky or anything. Yea it's not 1080p but that's great :D It only gets dark on that one stage but that stage with the sunset is very weird even on my TV if theres any sort of glare coming through the windows, that stage is a challenge to see sometimes. That stage is just dark lmao.

Yeah, I had my camera on a tripod right behind me while I was playing. It's why it's not shaky or anything. I adjusted the height and zoom to try and get the best out of it that I could. And yeah...that stage lighting is pretty dark at times. Also...sorry for my arcade stick being so loud. Haha.

Niiiiiice customizations. Really graceful movements with Lili. And it was interesting to see mirror matches, haha
If you (or actually anyone) ever wants to practice or play matches online, let me know. :)

Hah. Thanks. I'm a bit busy with a ton of other games (I may perhaps purchase too many), so I haven't been playing this one very often in the last few months...but if I decide to start playing it more often, I'll let you know! :)

Oh, yeah...if you liked my customizations there, you should check out the Soulcalibur V videos on my channel. My friend and I got really creative with the character creation mode.

Sayah

Yeah, I had my camera on a tripod right behind me while I was playing. It's why it's not shaky or anything. I adjusted the height and zoom to try and get the best out of it that I could. And yeah...that stage lighting is pretty dark at times. Also...sorry for my arcade stick being so loud. Haha.

Hah. Thanks. I'm a bit busy with a ton of other games (I may perhaps purchase too many), so I haven't been playing this one very often in the last few months...but if I decide to start playing it more often, I'll let you know! :)

Oh, yeah...if you liked my customizations there, you should check out the Soulcalibur V videos on my channel. My friend and I got really creative with the character creation mode.

Awesome. Thanks for the vids. I have to still buy SCV. It's a damn shame I still haven't gotten it.

DEATH™;46223692 said:
Oh geez I forgot to save the replays... Sorry Sayah... I'll try to look it up...

Would be great if you can find and save them. Otherwise, no prob.

Your replays should automatically be saved. Just go to all replays and your last 40 or so matches will be there. Just make sure to save them to "my replays" so they dont get erased as they get further down the list the more you play.

Awesome. Thanks for the vids. I have to still buy SCV. It's a damn shame I still haven't gotten it.

You're welcome. Hope you get can get it soon. I haven't played it in a few months, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Your replays should automatically be saved. Just go to all replays and your last 40 or so matches will be there. Just make sure to save them to "my replays" so they dont get erased as they get further down the list the more you play.

Yup, this is true. This is where you go to permanently save them, too. I haven't played online a lot, so like...the vast majority of my replays are still there. Hah.

Oh, and here's two casual matches BigBadShamoo and I had after the tourney ones earlier. There were more, but I ran out of recording time. I might record the replays for the rest at some point.

DSix

Banned
mr_boo is a cunning player. I didn't expect so much resistance and I almost lost to him. Even if at the beginning it was mostly me derping away a bit too much, as I got better he did better too. You got me really scared.

Great game Boo, my regards to your lower bracket victims.

PS: The lag was actually bearable from France against PST, not perfect, but legit. This game, it's just too awesome.

mr_boo

mr_boo is a cunning player. I didn't expect so much resistance and I almost lost to him. Even if at the beginning it was mostly me derping away a bit too much, as I got better he did better too. You got me really scared.

Great game Boo, my regards to your lower bracket victims.

PS: The lag was actually bearable from France against PST, not perfect, but legit. This game, it's just too awesome.

I think you give me too much credit, but thanks. Few thoughts, without giving away too much:
- like all good players, once you get going it can be really hard to stop your flow. For example, I believe you took one round with a perfect, which didn't surprise me given your level of play.
- your juggle execution was not only pretty consistent (and I think it would've been near perfect if we had a slightly better connection) but you were causing a lot of damage (maximum, or near max).
- Movement, spacing and patience ... you played really smart.

I hope you go far in the tournament, or win it all, but I know there are some guys to really look out for (I won't name names (lol)). In regards to the lag, yea it was bearable and like you said not perfect but good enough. Frame of reference for future DSix opponents, I'm playing from San Diego, CA.

DEATH™

Sayah, how will we be able to put our games on the stream???

(As much as embarrassing it is... Darn I kept falling on the same thing over and over...)

Sayah

DEATH™;46301459 said:
Sayah, how will we be able to put our games on the stream???

(As much as embarrassing it is... Darn I kept falling on the same thing over and over...)

Only the replays. Probably should have had Helix pre-download previous replays.

does everyone play today? How will I know when I'm up?

Everyone doesn't have to play today. Only those who want to. I'm hosting so just indicate here and I'll invite.

Sayah

I'm sorry. I should have asked Hellix ahead of time to download replays. Will just do regular lobby for now. Anyone join.

Hellix

I'm sorry. I should have asked Hellix ahead of time to download replays. Will just do regular lobby for now. Anyone join.

Ah okay, well it should all be archived on Livestream anyway. You want me to exit lobby to download them? I don't know how far back they save.

Sayah

Yeah, that's where I got the replays.

Oh sorry, I meant replays of people that have already played their matches besides you and Degen. Like Death wanted his matches to be streamed. Not sure how to get access to those matches.

Guess we can just do a lobby.

Top Bottom