• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Degen

Ogre/AO team put in work! looked like JDCR wasn't expecting that kind of fight in the beginning, even though he caught on after that

Ogre is definitely my favorite character right now

edit: good god HelpMe WTF at least throw a round or two!!

DEATH™

Any archives? Sounds like I missed a good stream!

It should be archived at twitch.tv/mlgfighters I think...

That Bears vs. Jacks game was awesome BTW...

A word of advice, when watching TTT2 MLG, be sure to turn off the stream chat... MK fanboys are crazy (not the community, the fanboys...) The fanboy in me is raging...

AAK

ESWC TTT2 Tournament seems to have started.... BUT will not get any stream time unfortunately :(

You can see the updates at least on this website:

http://www.eswc.com/en/2012/game/ttt2

Click on Matches to see who plays who, apparently the Kuwaiti guy is beasting on everyone in that group. I guess only the top 8 will be streamed, which I assume is going to happen tomorrow.

This is when ranks stop having any meaning.
WTF is this?
And how is this guy at Seiryu?

Yeah, that's some annoying nonsense. Hope Namco deals with them somehow, but ranking battles is just a fun way of having a tangible way of showing your progress... but to see who's the best? It never had any bearing on that IMO. I'm Master Rank with Anna/Jun, but I know I SUCK with those characters and just got that far spamming throws and lows.

EDIT: NVM! TTT2 ON MAIN STREAM NOW!!!!

http://www.eswc.com/en/live

EDIT2: HOLY SHIT!!!!! Major upset! France's Ivoiro-Akon (Lei/Hwoarang) just DESTROYED Knee (DJin/Bruce)

But according to the schedule that is supposed to be Knee's last match in the round robin group stages, so I'm not sure if he was just sandbagging if he knew he was going to advance to next round anyway.

EDIT3: And that's it for Tekken :( Only one match.... interesting.

This is when ranks stop having any meaning.
WTF is this?
And how is this guy at Seiryu?

Wow, that isn't normal. They could be cheating. Notice he is fighting the same people consecutively. I've seen cheaters online in rank matches with high ranks if you look at the top of he leaderboards and watch some of the fights. You will see some of the players not fighting back allowing free, effortless wins. What perplexes me is, I have no idea how they can keep fighting their "rank up" buddies over an over again at will. Then again, maybe the first guy is absolutely amazing at the game.

SSJ-Luffy

Neo Member
I'm watching MLG archive right now, are they using TTT2 1.00?
Meaning A. Ogre's infinite and Kuni's aren't patched out at MLG, yet...

AAK

I'm watching MLG archive right now, are they using TTT2 1.00?
Meaning A. Ogre's infinite and Kuni's aren't patched out at MLG, yet...

The version can be patched with the dlc characters still hidden since they are unlocked via a certain number of ghost battles. There was a station like that when I attended t 13. Also I'm sure you noticed trophies being unlocked throughout.. .which means that it's a fresh psn account.

SSJ-Luffy

Neo Member
The version can be patched with the dlc characters still hidden since they are unlocked via a certain number of ghost battles. There was a station like that when I attended t 13. Also I'm sure you noticed trophies being unlocked throughout.. .which means that it's a fresh psn account.

Well, this could explain some things for me, going to test it on my brothers account now...

EDIT: Tested it with my brother's acc, he somehow got all the DLC (which I downloaded) and the update characters. First time his acc starting TTT2...
Guess it's some kind of special patch, then.

Here are statistics and chara select screen of my brother:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3275/03112012061.jpg
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7831/03112012060.jpg

AAK

Well, this could explain some things for me, going to test it on my brothers account now...

EDIT: Tested it with my brother's acc, he somehow got all the DLC (which I downloaded) and the update characters. First time his acc starting TTT2...
Guess it's some kind of special patch, then.

Hmm... maybe it's a PS3 thing then (where there can't be any prior saved files on it?). Because at T13 one of the stations wasn't patched at all... and what I did was (since there was no internet at the venue) I tethered the 3G connection on my phone to the PS3 and got the patch after that. Once that was done the DLC characters still weren't available but the Kuni glitch was definitely gone. Probably the same thing happened in MLG.

Sayah

Wow, that isn't normal. They could be cheating. Notice he is fighting the same people consecutively. I've seen cheaters online in rank matches with high ranks if you look at the top of he leaderboards and watch some of the fights. You will see some of the players not fighting back allowing free, effortless wins. What perplexes me is, I have no idea how they can keep fighting their "rank up" buddies over an over again at will. Then again, maybe the first guy is absolutely amazing at the game.

That first guy is definitely not absolutely amazing at the game. I refuse to believe anyone can be that good. Just imagine the amount of matches he must have disconnected from just to get at that point. It's so damn pathetic. Either that or he reset his losses to zero. I've seen that happen before in MvC3.

And as for the second guy, I'm pretty sure there are ways to exploit/hack the game to do stuff like this.

Yeah, that's some annoying nonsense. Hope Namco deals with them somehow, but ranking battles is just a fun way of having a tangible way of showing your progress... but to see who's the best? It never had any bearing on that IMO. I'm Master Rank with Anna/Jun, but I know I SUCK with those characters and just got that far spamming throws and lows.

That's pretty much why I play ranking battles.

So besides Degen, who's the best Tekken player right now?

Do you want another grudge match?

Sayah

Grudge matches are always welcome.

In that case, CSX, dev once said that your Miguel is a complete pansy in comparison to his. And Muhnner, AAK said you should take a break from Tekken for awhile. Something about you're not ready for this game yet. Meanwhile, Degen was definitely trash talking about your Dragunov Crook.

Someone start a grudge match now.

LowParry

In that case, CSX, dev once said that your Miguel is a complete pansy in comparison to his. And Muhnner, AAK said you should take a break from Tekken for awhile. Something about you're not ready for this game yet. Meanwhile, Degen was definitely trash talking about your Dragunov Crook.

Whaa? Drag? He wins for sure on that. lol

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Just got the game. First off, just want to say this is a huge improvement over Tekken 6. I'm a long time fan of the series and the home versions of Tekken 6 just seemed so bad especially considering how long we had to wait for them. As a result, this was the first Tekken game I didn't buy at launch.

I have some questions...

When do Kunimitsu, Michelle, etc come out? Any guesses? Have they been releasing the DLC on a regular schedule or is it random?

How do you unlock customization items? Is there someplace I can get a list of all the items and how they are unlocked?

Sayah

Just got the game. First off, just want to say this is a huge improvement over Tekken 6. I'm a long time fan of the series and the home versions of Tekken 6 just seemed so bad especially considering how long we had to wait for them. As a result, this was the first Tekken game I didn't buy at launch.

I have some questions...

When do Kunimitsu, Michelle, etc come out? Any guesses? Have they been releasing the DLC on a regular schedule or is it random?

How do you unlock customization items? Is there someplace I can get a list of all the items and how they are unlocked?

The DLC characters and the extra costumes should be available by the end of November, I'd imagine. Or perhaps beginning of December.

And play ghost battles to unlock customization items. Choose the characters that have a gold plate on them.

CSX

Actually I been wanting to mirror match Miguel/Jun against dev. Need tons of tips on Jun after all lol.

But i got some priorities...

1. Fix my internet. Shit getting laggy.
2. Finish with midterms. I got 3 in a five day span T___T
3. Going on a bus to Austin to visit some old friends. Might play some matches but probably be offline against a buddy (he sucks ass though lol...)

Till all of that is done, I wont play my ps3. If you guys see me online on PSN, message me with "Study motherfucker!" or something like that :p

edit : Oh yeah. Someone just reminded me I turned 20 years old today. Maybe I'll celebrate with some tekken tonight :)

Cheddahz

Banned
Are the pre-order bonuses ever going to become DLC in the future? I really wish I had four more characters available for when my friends and I play random character matches

Top Bottom