• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

At the same time, AV still won despite dropping 60% of his juggles. But still that last match last round decision by help me to go low despite the life lead is something I never would have expected.

Dereck

Can someone explain to me who "Nin" and "Knee" are? Are they playing the console versions these days? Are they relevant?

CSX

Can someone explain to me who "Nin" and "Knee" are? Are they playing the console versions these days? Are they relevant?

Argueably the top 2 korean players in the world. Though Nin nowadays is more of a commentator.

Type Nin Tekken DR on youtube and proceed to watch destruction

Nin = Steve and Marduk

Knee = Bryan/Bruce/Devil Jin

and back during EVO, Nin destroyed Rip in Grand Finals for T6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eifzWcLpEWc

Sayah

The back button on my d-pad is not responding well at all now. This sucks. Will have to get a third dualshock now.

Edit: Damn. I really can't do any f,f attacks from the right side and the back button and my blocking is mad wobbly on the left side. Tried using my original dualshock and I can't even do qcf attacks on that. Damn. Damn. Damn it sony. Make better controllers.

CSX

The back button on my d-pad is not responding well at all now. This sucks. Will have to get a third dualshock now.

Edit: Damn. I really can't do any f,f attacks from the right side and the back button and my blocking is mad wobbly on the left side. Tried using my original dualshock and I can't even do qcf attacks on that. Damn. Damn. Damn it sony. Make better controllers.

Im scared when this will eventually happen to me. My current ds2 controller has all my handsweat and tears into its buttons and d-pad which makes it so easy for me to backdash and do qcfs.

I dont want to go through a new controller. Movement gonna be so stiff and everything for a year :(

Sayah

Im scared when this will eventually happen to me. My current ds2 controller has all my handsweat and tears into its buttons and d-pad which makes it so easy for me to backdash and do qcfs.

I dont want to go through a new controller. Movement gonna be so stiff and everything for a year :(

Yeah, I think I should just get a ds2 with one of those converter things. At least if the controller fails on me, I'll be able to get another one for cheap unlike the more expensive ds3 controllers that don't even last.

I thought I was the only one with worn out controllers playing Tekken Tag 2 as well as DOA5. I got 3 worn out dual shock 3 controllers. Guess, I need to stop being cheap and finally purchase a fourth Dual Shock. Kind of wondering if a new, stiff dpad will royally throw me off my game though. Well, Black Friday is coming up, so maybe I can find another reasonable controller. Also, tempted to pick up TTT2 for X360 for $25 for some odd reason.

AllenShrz

Superb game, probably my game of the year.

Even though I lose more than I win, I enjoy it, I could only imagine how fun must be playing with 5 bars all the time (Due to work I live in India) so most of the fights are with one bar, but still Im amazed how play it well even with that.

One question. How do you "Equip" those Icons bellow the name? Ive unlocked some but I dont know how to equip them.

Doomshine

One question. How do you "Equip" those Icons bellow the name? Ive unlocked some but I dont know how to equip them.

I think you're talking about the team logos? You have to create or join a team, the team leader sets the logo and more logo choices become available as the team gets more points.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I'm good at tekken tag tournament against cpu but horrible online. I have a 90% win rate in ghost battles & barely win matches on player match (won't dare try ranked). Any tips for a Heihachi Kazuya team?

AAK

There is a Toronto tournament going on, KOF grand finals right now. Tekken top 4 will be right after.

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers

I'm good at tekken tag tournament against cpu but horrible online. I have a 90% win rate in ghost battles & barely win matches on player match (won't dare try ranked). Any tips for a Heihachi Kazuya team?

Heihachi & Kazuya

There is a lot of info to take in... but when fighting a human opponent, the basics is pretty much what will differentiate the winner. In the end, you have to space better, break throws, exercise great defense, all while simultaneously applying your own great mixup pressure and consistent juggle execution when you land a launcher. But you can skim through those videos and see how certain moves are applied while working on your own basics.

KiNeSiS

Banned
There is a Toronto tournament going on, KOF grand finals right now. Tekken top 4 will be right after.

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers

Heihachi & Kazuya

There is a lot of info to take in... but when fighting a human opponent, the basics is pretty much what will differentiate the winner. In the end, you have to space better, break throws, exercise great defense, all while simultaneously applying your own great mixup pressure and consistent juggle execution when you land a launcher. But you can skim through those videos and see how certain moves are applied while working on your own basics.

Appreciate the input. I am good overall in all fighting games, I am untouchable in Virtua Fighter games.
In TTT2 & T6 playing online I feel like a scrub because I get juggled in the air & on the floor & can't do a thing about it at times. I guess I have to start learning long combo strings instead of just timing powerful attacks launching into other powerful attacks. I need to learn how to do team up combos better as well they look awesome but I have no grasp on that system of the game.

Sayah

Wow @ combo vids.

Also, I've created a lobby if anyone wants to join.
I thought I was the only one with worn out controllers playing Tekken Tag 2 as well as DOA5. I got 3 worn out dual shock 3 controllers. Guess, I need to stop being cheap and finally purchase a fourth Dual Shock. Kind of wondering if a new, stiff dpad will royally throw me off my game though. Well, Black Friday is coming up, so maybe I can find another reasonable controller. Also, tempted to pick up TTT2 for X360 for $25 for some odd reason.

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get a dualshock for $35 from Best Buy on Black Friday. That's if there are any left when I get there.

Degen

My first and second online matches of the night disconnected halfway through while I was winning. The hype just dissipated

not a good look, TTT2, not a good look. might have to take a break from the online play for a while.

jus kiddin ttt2 u kno im addicted 2 u gurrrrl

Sayah

My first and second online matches of the night disconnected halfway through while I was winning. The hype just dissipated

not a good look, TTT2, not a good look. might have to take a break from the online play for a while.

jus kiddin ttt2 u kno im addicted 2 u gurrrrl

lmao

Sayah

Nice! I think I'm just gonna add those things to the op later on today then request a mod to move it back to the gaming discussion for the Wii u launch.

Awesome.

Rewatching Unknown's intro video and I said wow. She's so badass. Don't have a wall? Create a wall.

Would I be right to assume the downloaded version has faster loading times?

I'm thinking about trading in my physical copy if the download size isn't ridiculous.

Now that I think of it, If I played someone who owned the physical copy online, it wouldn't matter that my load time is faster. I would still have to wait for them.

MightyKAC

Awesome, the character DLC arrives just in time for me to perfect my scumbag Jun/Unknown team for my local Ranbats this Saturday. :D

Degen

The only dlc characters I use right now are Alex and Michelle but I kinda like the idea of an Unknown/Ogre boss team

I wonder how many keepaway gimmicks she has

Vodh

Anyone knows the allegiance stats for the DLC and preorder characters? Doubt they are just +0 with everyone?

Edit: everything I've found so far seems to suggest they are actually +0. Anyone knows better?

Edit2: For anyone who's curious, this could possibly be the go-to list: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Netsu_Relationship_Chart

I'll come back if I want to ask any more questions and proceed to answer them within 5 minutes of asking with a little help from google. ^^;

Sayah

Anyone knows the allegiance stats for the DLC and preorder characters? Doubt they are just +0 with everyone?

Edit: everything I've found so far seems to suggest they are actually +0. Anyone knows better?

Edit2: For anyone who's curious, this could possibly be the go-to list: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Netsu_Relationship_Chart

I'll come back if I want to ask any more questions and proceed to answer them within 5 minutes of asking with a little help from google. ^^;

lol

Top Bottom